- Around 7+ years of diverse professional experience in planning, designing, developing, Architecting and implementation in the area of Amazon Web Services Cloud, Automation and IT industry.
- Experience in version control using SVN, GIT and GITHUB and continuous integration management using Jenkins.
- Experience maintaining large deployments using Ansible, Chef and Puppet.
- Well versed with all the OpenStack components like keystone, nova, cinder, glance etc.
- Developed scripts, which bootstrap systems from 'bare metal' to functioning Chef Clients.
- Developing chef recipes and maintaining the recipes.
- Setup and Configuration of Chef Management .
- Automated system configuration using Chef.
- Developed Chef Cookbook’s modules to automate deployment, configuration, and lifecycle management of key clusters.
- Excellent experience in documenting and automating the build and release process.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle and MYSQL by using SQL for Data integrity.
- Experience in using bug tracking systems like JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Centre and IBM Clear Quest.
- Booting AWS servers from chef workstation.
- Deep expertise in AWS IAM, EC2, S3, VPC, Route 53, RDS, RDS , Dynamo DB, RedShift, EMR, Cloud Trail, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, Elastic Beanstalk, and Ops Works Services.
- Experienced in Amazon EC2 setting up instances, virtual private cloud (VPCs), and security groups.
- Experienced with Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, and Nagios monitoring tools.
- Setting up databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 Setup OpenStack proof of concept (POC) in staging.
- Experience in Building S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Hands on experience of Build & Deployment phase and usage of Continuous Integration (CI/CD) tools, build configuration, automation & smoke test processes, managing, configuring, and maintaining source control management systems.
- Experience in building automated CI and Cd pipeline with AWS Code Pipeline , Jenkins and AWS Code Deploy.
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On - Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes, Cookbook’s and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/ Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
OPERATING SYSTEMS : Red hat, Ubuntu, IBM AIX, Solaris, CentOS, SUSE, MAC OS X, Windows
SCM TOOLS : SVN 1.6.x, GIT, GitLab, GitHub, BITBucket, Perforce, Coverity, Gerrit
CI & CD TOOLS : Jenkins 2.0.x, Bamboo, Run-deck 2.0.x
CM TOOLS : Ansible 2.0.x, chef, Puppet 3.2.x
VIRTUALIZATION : VMware, Citrix Xen Center
DATABASES : Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB
REPORTING TOOLS : Nagios, Splunk, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail
SCRIPTING LANGUAGES : KSH, CSH, Bash, Python, Groovy, Ruby, PHP
APPLICATION SERVERS : Web logic, Web sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, Nginx.
CONTAINERIZATION : Kubernetes, Docker, Open-VZ
CLOUD PLATFORMS : AWS, AZURE, OPENSTACK
AWS : Cloud-Front, ELB, ALB, EC2, Elastic-cache, RDS, EFS, S3, ASG, Code-deploy, Terra-Form, Cloud-Formation
AZURE : Azure Application Gateway, Traffic Manager, Instances, VPN, Virtual Network, Terraform
NETWORKING PROTOCOLS : Layer 2 (ARP, VLAN), Layer 3 (IPV4, IPV6, IGMP, Ipsec, PIM, RIP, V1/2, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP), Layer 4(TCP, UDP, SCTP, RTP), Layer 7 (HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, Telnet, SSH, SSL).
Confidential, New York, NY
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins along with Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Performed and deployed Builds for various Environments like Dev, Test, QA , Onboarding and Production Environments.
- Created and updated Bash scripts and modules, files, and packages.
- Performed Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: GIT
- Responsible for defining branching & merging strategy, checking policies, improving code quality.
- Enabled Continuous Delivery through Deployment into several environments of Development, Test and Production using Maven.
- Implemented Packer based scripts for continuous integration with the Jenkins server and deployed packer-based scripts on to the Amazon ec2 instances.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- Implemented automated build and deployment process for applications and re-engineering set up for better user experience and leading up to building a continuous integration system.
- Configured RDS instances using Cloud formations and Terraform.
- Automated the deployments using Jenkins and its respective dependency plugins.
- Implemented nightly builds on Jenkins and automated various scopes of testing on Jenkins.
- Used Maven as build tool on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Maintained Build Related scripts developed in Maven, Ruby and Shell . Modified build Configuration files
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Configuring, Automating and Deploying Chef, Puppet and Ansible for configuration management to existing Infrastructure.
- Involved in development of Test environment on Docker containers and configuring the Docker containers using Kubernetes.
- Worked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Performed and deployed Builds for various Environments like QA, Integration , UAT and Production Environments
- Converting production support scripts to chef recipes.
Environment: Centos, Jenkins, Maven, Packer, Docker, Maven, GIT, Windows, Ansible, Packer, Chef, AWS, Apache Webserver, JBoss, GIT, Ruby, Cloud Formation.
Confidential, Bismarck, ND
DevOps & AWS Engineer
- Maintaining cloud infrastructure using AWS EC2, S3, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation, Route 53 and Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Created Amazon AWS EC2 instances for installing, configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon images like Amazon Linux AMI, RedHat, and Ubuntu.
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS , creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Experienced with event-driven and scheduled AWS Lambda functions to trigger various AWS resources and worked on Lambda, for triggering events with cloud watch using Lambda functions.
- Coordinating developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Subversion and GIT source control.
- Worked on build automation tool called Maven which is installed with Jenkins on chef server.
- Using MAVEN as a build tool in java projects for the development of build artifacts on source code.
- Used AWS IAM to grant permissions to users and groups for accessing AWS resources.
- Used Ansible Playbooks to automate in AWS services like Launching EC2, Provisioning IAM, Configuring VPC, EBS , Monitoring using Cloud Watch and Cloud Trail.
- Responsible for CI and CD process implementation with Jenkins using Python and shell scripts.
- Implemented Chef for creation of on demand instances and infrastructure using the chef-client and bootstrapping using plugins against AWS EC2 instances.
- Creating user level of access for related Git Hub project directories to the code changes.
- Manage AWS EC2 instances using Auto Scaling, ELB (Elastic Load Balancing) for our environments.
- Created playbooks and roles for Ansible and deploying applications to AWS cloud using Ansible.
- Worked on Microservices project to build Docker containers and deploy to Dev, UAT and Prod.
- Designed and built the pool of Docker Cluster Environment by using Docker Swarm.
- Build a presentation to present the design of hosting architecture on Windows Azure.
- Experience in working with complex environment on Red Hat Linux and Windows Servers while ensuring that the systems adhere to organizational standards and policies.
- Implemented rapid provisioning and life cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
- Provided installation & maintenance of Puppet infrastructure and developed Puppet recipe &modules for configuration management.
- Deployed an Azure instance for a hybrid based authorization and encryption system.
- In-depth knowledge of computer applications and scripting like Shell, Python, Ruby.
- Experienced in working with Ticketing & Tracking Tools like JIRA, Remedy, and ServiceNow.
- Facilitated Scrum ceremonies like Sprint planning, retrospectives, Daily stand-ups, etc.
- Created and updated infrastructure automated tool Puppet's manifests, modules, files and packages.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Set up puppet master, client and wrote scripts to deploy applications on Dev, QA , production environment.
Environment: AWS (EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, RDS, EBS, Cloud Formation, Cloud watch, Cloud trail, Route 53, AMI, SQS, SNS, Lambda, CLI, CDN), Docker, Chef, Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Git, SVN, Cron, Jira, Bash, Shell, Perl, Python, Ruby, Tomcat, WebLogic, Autoscaling, WebSphere, Route53, DNS, Bamboo Nagios, RHEL 5.11/6.x.
Confidential, Dublin, OH
- Wrote cloud formation scripts for various resources like EC2, ELB , Security groups.
- Creating life cycle process in AWS.
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Implemented continuous deployment pipeline with Jenkins and Jenkins workflow.
- Very good understanding of Microsoft Azure cloud platform. Experience with managing cloud delivery platforms, Azure/AWS/GCE .
- Performed SVN to GIT migration with careful analysis and migrated all branches, tags, along with commit history using GIT - SVN utility.
- Installed and administered nexus repository and created roles and privileges to restrict access to the users.
- Worked as DevOps engineer for automation of infrastructure operation and support in day to day operation.
- As a part of Cloud team fixed issues related to OpenStack components Nova, Glance, Neutron, Keystone, PerconaDB, RabbitMQ, Ceph , Repose, HAProxy and Horizon.
- Developed Cookbooks and recipes for automating deployments using Chef .
- Automated all Builds using Jenkins.
- Assisted release managers and change management coordinators by communicating and coordinating the release activities.
- Created virtual machine using Oracle Virtual Manager, creating server pool, VM cloning. Conceived, Designed, Installed and Implemented CI/ CD automation system.
- Prepared weekly productivity reports and submitted test metrics to the management.
- Familiar and experienced with Agile Scrum development.
- Used JIRA to track bug issues and change management.
- Experience with automated life cycle management of virtual machine (VM) and Docker container images , binary packages such as RPMs.
- Developed build scripts using MAVEN as the build tool for the creation of the build artifacts like war or ear files.
- Designed and implemented Chef , including the internal best practices, cookbooks, automated cookbook CI and CD system.
Environment: OpenStack, SVN, CI\CD, Saltstack, Jenkins, Azure, Puppet, GIT, ANT, AWS, Maven, Jenkins, Agile, Jira, Nexus, Apache Tomcat, Chef.
- Implemented continuous integration and build tools using Ant, Jenkins, chef, Puppet full automation.
- Configured and managed a network of Linux and Windows servers.
- Maintained file systems: Checking and repairing file systems and monitoring file system usage.
- Good experience in writing UNIX scripts, Perl script, Maven and Ant.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard , and Puppet DB for configuration management for existing infrastructure.
- Installing and managing Java versions.
- Upgrading the Linux kernel.
- Managing persistent SSH tunnels.
- Servers configure management via Puppet and System orchestration via Ansible .
- Installed Puppet Master (Enterprise), Puppet agents, written puppet modules for apache, database setup, create user, group accounts.
- Managed Puppet agent on Live Management using m collective.
- Designed and implemented automated server build management, deployment using Puppet.
- Installed Puppet Master, Puppet agents, written puppet modules for apache, database setup, create user, group accounts.
- Managed Source code using SVN/GIT and used the concepts of branching, merging and tagging for release management
- Refactored puppet manifests to reflect best practices. Wrote Puppet modules for:
- Used Ruby to create various templates in different Puppet modules.
- Developed build scripts using ANT as the build tool for the creation of (WAR files) build artifacts.
- Coordinate Releases from Dev to Production. Communicating with Developers, Testers , Managers, UNIX , Network teams and DBA teams for successful Release.
- Worked on variety of Linux platforms Red Hat Linux , Solaris which includes installation, configuration and maintenance of applications on this environment.
- Managing various environments for building packages.
- Lead the rewrite of a massive Puppet code base to make modules composable and testable, and to facilitate the migration from Ubuntu to CentOS
- Integrated Docker with puppet .
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and PuppetDB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
Environment: RHEL, Ubuntu, Jenkins, chef, puppet, ANT, java, TCP server, JVM.
Build & Release Engineer
- Worked on Continuous Integration System i.e. Jenkins . Used Jenkins for official nightly build, test and managing change list. Installed Multiple Plugins for smooth build and release build pipelines.
- Migrated out core repository from SVN to GIT . In this process I was involved in individually migrate the entire code base from subversion to Git ensuring that health of our builds isn't affected. Performed high level merges of branches, code bases.
- Involved in identifying build errors in the system and identify the build issue and escalate it to the concerned team after careful analysis. Work and coordinate with them to get the fix in the release.
- Installation and configuration of Red Hat Linux, Solaris, Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora and CentOS on new server builds as well as during the upgrade situations.
- Adding packages in Linux using rpm, yum, apt-get , etc.
- Maintained Maven/Ant and streamlined the entire build system. And managed build and release infrastructure, optimized build scripts and introduced a better way of releasing RPMs with effective tracking.
- Building & configuring Red hat Linux systems over the network, implementing automated tasks through crontab, resolving tickets according to the priority basis.
- Create and maintain nightly builds, hot fix builds/branches, custom and private builds.
- Used knowledge of .NET to Implement and maintained branching and build/release strategies for .NET applications utilizing TFS. Co-ordinate with offshore team in completing delivery and helping them out in TFS related issues
- By using JIRA/CONFLUENCE we maintain our product release wikis on confluence and administer JIRA and manage tickets raised by keeping a close eye.
- Involved in administrating Git server and continuous Integration system like Jenkins and handled escalations from developers across the globe.
- Involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon AWS using EC2, S3, and EBS.
- Modified ANT scripts to build the JAR's, Class files, WAR files and EAR files from VOB's for Java applications and MS builds for all .Net applications. Enhanced Maven pom.xml with additional plug-ins for robust builds.
- Designed, developed, enhanced and maintained Web based UI for monitoring purposes and scripted reporting tools (in PHP & BASH ) for verifying the build logs for frequently observed build and test issues.
- Key member of the build team that works on how to reduce build time. We used cache to reduce compilation time and redundancies.
- Active participant in software configuration and change management processes to improve build accuracy, time, version controlling, and migration of code onto different build environments.
- Perform biweekly build cycle and testing processes.
- Used ANT and artifacts on the source code.
- Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration.
- Used Apache Tomcat as application server for deploying the artifacts.
- Performed periodic customer releases through git pushes to shared, private and public servers. We use cron tabs, automated scripts to do continuous delivery and continuous deployment.
- Installed and Configured Continuum jobs for automating some build Processes.
- Installed and Configured Nexus to manage the artifacts in different Repositories.
- Coordinated Release effort amongst various teams (Integration, QA, Testing , and Business Analysis) in geographically separated environment.
- Used Perl/Shell to automate build and deployment Process.
- Documented the deployment process (Migration Doc) of code to production.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion support for different projects.
- Responsible for Branching and merging the code as per the schedule.
- Developed UNIX and Perl Scripts for the purpose of manual deployment of the code to the
- Different environments and E-mail the team when the build is completed.
- Designed and implemented Subversion metadata including elements, labels and triggers.