- 6+ years of experience in Designing , Implementing , Configuring , Testing and Trouble shooting of networking systems on both Cisco and Juniper Networks .
- Experience in physical cabling , IP addressing and subnetting with FLSM & VLSM , configuring and supporting TCP / IP, DNS , installing and configuring proxies .
- Good knowledge on Blue coat ProxySG S200/S400.
- Experience deploying BIG - IP F 5 LTM , GTM Load Balancers for load balancing and traffic management of business application .
- In depth understanding of Ipv 4 and Ipv 6 and implementation of subnetting .
- Experience with BIG-IP F5 load balancers, version 9.x, 10.x, 11.x, Citrix NetScaler’s and Web Accelerators.
- Worked on MX -80, MX -480, SRX -100, SRX -110, and SRX - 550 and EX - 4200 Juniper devices .
- Experience with setup, install, maintain and troubleshoot Cisco ASA, PaloAlto, Fortinet, IDS / IPS, Juniper Net screen and Checkpoint Firewalls.
- Sound knowledge of virtual firewalls like checkpoint VSX , IDS , IPS as well as encryption techniques .
- Plan, site survey, design, deploy, implement Cisco wireless managed network infrastructure.
- Experience with Cisco Meraki wireless managed network infrastructure.
- Expert level Knowledge on working with Wireless LAN Controller's, Cisco Meraki, Cisco AP's, Standalone AP's and Mesh AP's.
- Knowledge on designing, implementing and troubleshooting complex layer 2 technologies such as VLAN, Trunks, VTP, Fabricpath, Etherchannel, STP, RSTP, MST & port security along with trouble- shooting of inter-VLAN routing and VLAN trunking using 802.1Q.
- Hands-on experience working with Cisco wireless LAN controllers and Access Points.
- Hands - on experience in using network stimulator tools like OPNET , Solarwinds Orion .
- Experience in Network Management Tools and sniffers like SNMP , SolarWinds, NetBrain, NetMRI, Wireshark , Infoblox and Cisco works to support 24 x 7 Network Operation Center .
- Access control server configuration for RADIUS & TACACS + and ISE.
- Knowledge of advanced technologies like Multicasting , MPLS , MPLS - VPN and Riverbed Virtual Services Platform ( VSP ) .
- Ability to Install , Manage & Troubleshoot Large Networks & Systems Administration on Windows & Linux platforms in Development , Lab & Production Environments .
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware and software applications .
- Excellent leadership with good written and oral communication .
- Extensive hands - on experience with complex routed LAN and WAN networks , routers , switches , Firewalls, VOIP, servers and load balancers.
- Worked on Cisco 7200, 3800, 3600, 2800, 2600, 1800, ASR 1002, 1004 and 1006 series Routers , Cisco 6500, 5500,4500, 3500,2900 series switches and Nexus 7706, 7009, 5000 and 2K Fabric Extenders (FEX) Layer 2 switches.
- Proficiency in configuration of VRF, VLAN setup on various Cisco Routers and Switches .
- Experience of routing protocols like EIGRP , OSPF , RIP , and BGP .
- Strong knowledge in redundancy Protocols like HSRP , VRRP and GLBP.
- Experience in the setup of Cisco Virtual Switching System ( VSS ) , ACL’s , OSPF , EIGRP , and tunnel installations .
Protocols: EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, IGRP, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, LACP, PAGPDNS, SMTP, SNMP, FTP, TFTP, LPD/TDP, WEP, POP3 LADP, TNS
LAN Technologies: HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, DHCP, VLAN, STP, VTP, Ether Channel, Trunks, Fabricpath, Workgroup, Domain, VPC, VDC.
WAN Technologies: MPLS, Leased Line, Frame Relay, ISDN, PPP, HDLC, ATM, SONET, Metro Ethernet, iWAN.
Network Products: CISCO Routers 1700, 1800, 2500, 2600, 2800, 3600, 3800, 7200 ASR 1001X, 1002, 1004, and 1009.CISCO Switches 1900, 2950, 2960. CISCO Campus Switches 3550XL, 4984 Core Catalyst 4503, 4507 RE, Catalyst 6500/6503/6507. Cisco Nexus 7700, 7000, 5500, 5000, 2000 series switches. Juniper MX-80, MX-480 series routers, SRX-100, SRX-110, SRX-550 series Firewalls and EX-4200 Switches.
Security & VPN: PIX 500 Firewall, ASA 5505, 5510, 5540, Fortigate, Fortinet, CISCO CSM, PaloAlto, ACL- Access Control List, IPS/IDS, NAT, PAT, CISCO ACS, Check point, Netgear, sonicwall, SRX, SSG series firewalls.
Authentication: ISE, RADIUS, TACACS+, Digital certificates
Monitoring Tools: Solar winds, NetBrain, NetMRI, Infoblox, Wireshark, Nessus, OpManager, PRTG Packet Sniffer
Servers: Domain servers, DNS servers, WINS servers, Mail servers, Proxy Servers, Print Servers, Application servers, FTP servers, OpenGear Console server .
Operating Systems: Windows NT 4.0 (Desktop/Server), Windows 2000/2003/2008 server, Windows XP/7, LINUX, Solaris, Red Hat, Active Directory, UNIX, Junos.
Scripting Language: Python
Confidential , Phoenix AZ
Senior Network Engineer
- Implemented Virtual port channels (VPC), layer 2 routing “Fabricpath”, Policy based routing and private Vlans.
- Experience configuring VPC, VDC, Fabricpath, ACL and ISSU software upgrade in Nexus 7706.
- Deployed Nexus 7706 series core switches, 56128p distribution switches, 2348UPQ FEX, Cisco catalyst switches like 3850, 4507R+E and 4500X series switches and ISR and ASR 1001X, 1002X and 1004X series routers into the existing datacenter network for completion of segmentation project.
- Successfully implemented segmentation of networks in 15 different remote sites.
- Experience in carrying out the Disaster recovery exercises to ensure the reliability of the Recovery point systems.
- Involved in design and implementation of Data Center Segmentation and worked on implementation strategies for the expansion of the MPLS VPN networks
- Leveraged primarily Cisco IOS, NX-OS, Nexus 7k and 5k, Cisco Prime and ISE.
- Responsibilities include designing, implementing, configuring, testing and monitoring the Datacenter network segmentation and migration projects.
- Successfully implemented the datacenter segmentation project with 7K, 5K and 2K Cisco Nexus architecture, ISR and ASR 1001, 1004, 1006 series routers, F5 BIGIP 4000s and 7200v load balancers and Palo Alto Pa-5000/3000 series firewalls.
- Hands-on experience working with Nexus core 7010, 7706, 5500 and 5600 series switches and 2000 series Fabric Extenders.
- Installed and configured FirePOWER services module on an ASA 5525 Active/Standby platform.
- Utilize VMware vSphere to create and configure VMs for both Cisco ASAv5 virtual firewalls and Cisco FirePOWER management VM.
- Upgrading Cisco ISE Appliances Company wide. Recently rolled out OpenDNS including onsite VM appliances.
- Integration and Implementation of Cisco ISE with Trustsec and Cisco ASA/Sourcefire/fireSIGHT for endpoints and networks.
- Hands-on experience in Python Scripting to load new software images and device’s initial configurations.
- Used Python Scripting to load completely new configuration file.
- Troubleshoot connectivity, quality of service, break/fix, voice quality, and configuration (feature, services and network) issues within the hosted VoIP environment
- Experience in working with Cisco wireless controllers like 5508, 5520 and Wireless access points.
- Configured and performed software upgrades on Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers 5508 for Wireless Network Access Control integration with Cisco ISE.
- Hands on experience in working with monitoring tools like SolarWinds
- Experience in Configuring the DNS and DHCP for servers using InfoBlox.
- Experience in Administering the InfoBlox Core DDI (DNS, DHCP & IPAM) devices and AD integrated DNS, DHCP and IPAM .
- Experience in working with layer 3 protocols like EIGRP, OSPF, BGP and FHRP and layer 2 protocols like Fabricpath, Vlans, Trunking, STP, RSTP and MSTP.
- Hands on experience in upgrading the IOS and Nexus-OS for more than 2000 devices throughout the datacenter.
- Implemented Access lists and policy mapping on Juniper router installed in each branch across all the locations
- Configuring OSPF, Static and default routing on Juniper MX series Routers
- Experience in working on Migration from cisco catalyst switches to the nexus switches and migrating the nexus 5k switches from the existing core nexus 7010 switches to the newly deployed nexus 7006 core switches.
- Experience in configuring, testing and monitoring the different security devices like PaloAlto firewalls PA-5000 series and PA-3000 series and Gigamon’s like GigaVUE-HC2.
- Experience in migrating the existing Palo Alto Firewalls to the new deployed Nexus core environment.
- Experience with load balancers to provide Land Balancing towards Access layer from core layer and configuring F5 LTM both by GUI and TMSH/CLI and Cisco load balancers (CSM, ACE and GSS).
- Worked on F5 LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, 8800 for the corporate applications and their availability.
- Upgraded load balancers from radware to F5 BIGIP v9 which improved functionality and scalability in the enterprise.
- Managed the F5 BIGIP GTM/LTM appliances to include writing iRules, SSL offload and everyday task of creating WIP and VIPs.
- Supported Network Access Control (NAC) activities and IOS upgrades and SSH remediation work .
- Implementation and Configuration Profiles, I Rules) of F5 Big-IP LTM-3600 load balancers
- Hands-on experience in server load-balancing utilizing F5 LTM-Big IP, including APM, ASM and Viprion device modules.
- Dealt with creating VIP (virtual servers), pools, nodes and applying iRules for the virtual servers like cookie persistency
- Migrated the existing F5 BIGIP load balancers to the newly built core environment.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Network Security Engineer
- Failover DMZ zoning & configuring VLANs/routing/NATing with the firewalls as per the design.
- Experience with Palo Alto Network firewalls such as security NAT, Threat prevention & URL filtering. PANDB migration and code upgrades for Palo Alto Firewall.
- Good understanding of industry standard security frameworks.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Firewalls ASA 5520, ASA 5510,
- Configured inside ACL, outside ACL, inside, outside interfaces, NAT and PAT policies.
- Configure, manage, and maintain security tools for DHHS including Palo Alto firewalls 3K, 5K, 7K, FirePOWER (Sourcefire), Bluecoat, FireEye.
- Design and Configuring of OSPF, BGP on Juniper Routers (MX960, MX480) and SRX series firewalls (SRX240, SRX550).
- Configuration, Troubleshooting and Maintenance of Palo Alto Firewalls - PA200, PA2000 series, PA3000 series, PA4000 and PA5000 series as well as a centralized management system (Panorama) to manage large scale firewall deployments .
- Worked extensively in Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco's ASA 5585 Security appliance.
- Implementing security migrations from Cisco ASA firewalls to Pa-5000/3000 series firewalls.
- Vendors Network connectivity investigation, Creating Firewall Rule Change Requests mostly in Cisco ASA to PaloAlto firewalls
- Good working knowledge of Azure and AWS
- Assist customers with correcting configurations of firewalls for various issues to include basic configuration, Global Protect VPNs, IPSEC VPNs, security policies, NAT policies.
- Improve perimeter security by configuring Palo Alto firewall devices application level security
- Implemented antivirus and web filtering on Juniper SRX 240 at the web server.
- Deployed the Nexus 9000 Application Virtual switch to support network telemetry applications.
- Deploy Nexus 9k Core with VPC and 3172 TOR.
- In corporate Cisco Nexus 9000 NX-OS to ACI fabric to work in concert with existing Nexus 7000s and ASRs for MPLS.
- Integration of services appliances to Cisco ACI fabric that includes storage, Load balancers, application delivery controllers and firewalls.
- Planning and Development of a migration strategy to ACI from the exiting fabric path design
- Configure IPv6 access lists and assign IPv6 addresses to dual stacked devices as part of an agency-wide migration from IPv4 to IPv6 .
- Strong Knowledge of networking including OSI L2, L3 Routing Protocol, IPv4 and IPv6 L3 Forwarding and NAT.
- Configured OSPF as the IGP for both intra and inter datacenter connectivity with OTV running over the WAN for extended layer 2 network and used Localized HSRP for gateway redundancy and to aid workload mobility .
- Configuring and maintaining the Network connectivity to Cloud Providers such as AWS, Azure using AWS VPC, AWS Direct.
- Experience in migration of data to Cloud environment
- Installation and administration of VMware ESX, ESXi Servers using vCenter Server.
- Experience with Cisco UCS , Virtual Infra on VMware, Installation, Upgrades and Patching.
- Deployed BIG IP Enterprise manager to cluster all the F5 LTM, GTM, ASA, Netscreen devices for easier management and common configurations.
- Involved in migration of F5 Local traffic managers of LTM 5100 series to LTM 6800 series for higher.
- Implemented F5 hardware refresh of older 3600 hardware to Viprion.
- Installed high availability Big IP F5 LTM and GTM load balancers to provide uninterrupted service to customers.
- Used Meraki cloud management for traffic shaping and Configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting AP's.
- Experience in handling various trouble tickets, firewall rule changes, assisting other teams to bring the device to production, making DNS changes in InfoBlox and routing changes.
- Serve as part of a team of network engineers responsible for network upgrade from Cisco Layer 3 Catalyst switches to Juniper Layer 3 EX4200 & EX3200 switches across multiple sites.
- Involved in the migration of EIGRP to OSPF in the environment as to support the new implementation of Juniper Devices in the network.
- Configured Juniper MX480s, EX8200s, EX4500s, EX4200s, from scratch to match the design.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr. Network Engineer
- Created Virtual Contexts, VLANs, and Interfaces in ASA 5585.
- Configured Cisco 7204 and ISR routers which were also connected to Cisco ASA security appliances providing perimeter based firewall security.
- Worked on F5 BIG-IP LTM 8900, configured profiles, provided and ensured high availability
- Worked on F5 and CSM load balancers deploying many load balancing techniques with multiple components for efficient performance.
- Responsibilities included installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of the corporate network, monitoring network performance using various network tools to ensure the availability, integrity and confidentiality of application and equipment and to provide support for Cisco network.
- Responsible for the design, engineering, and level 2/3 support of existing network technologies services and the integration of new network technologies / services.
- Key contributions include troubleshooting of complex LAN /WAN infrastructure that includes routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF & BGP.
- Automated network implementations and tasks and designed monitoring tools using python scripting.
- Created documents for various platforms including Nexus 7k, ASR1k enabling successful deployment of new devices on the network
- Experience configuring Virtual Device Context in Nexus 7k series switch.
- Experience with configuring Nexus 5000, Fabric Extender (FEX) which acts as a remote line card (module) for the Nexus 7000.
- Configuration, Testing, Planning and Design of Cisco Routers, Cisco Catalyst 2900, 3570 and 6500 Switches.
- Set up and configured a Cisco ASA 5506-X and Cisco FirePOWER network security services.
- Configured multiple SPAN sessions to monitor the traffic for troubleshooting purposes.
- Worked on Migrating from Checkpoint firewalls to ASA 5540.
- Experience in Configuring VPN, clustering and ISP redundancy in Checkpoint firewalls.
- Configuring failover for redundancy purposes for the security devices. Implemented the statefull failover for ASA and Checkpoint firewall.
- Upgrade Cisco Routers, Switches and Firewall (ASA) IOS using TFTP
- Configuring failover and working on SSL-VPN when in active/standby failover on ASA
- Resource management through deployment of network based monitoring applications to keep bandwidth & activity alongside each other.
- Installed and Configured a Cisco secure ACS server for AAA authentication (RADIUS).
- Configuring cisco Secure Access Control Server ( ACS ) to offer authentication, accounting, and authorization services to network devices.
- Manage a very large DNS environment using Lucent QIP and manual management of DNS for DMZ/External servers.
- Manage Cisco Routers, switches and troubleshoot layer1, layer2 and layer3 technologies for customer escalations.
- Performed switching technology administration including Vlans, inter-Vlan routing, trunking, port aggregation and link negotiation.
- Configured and troubleshoot OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP.
- Provided full visibility and notification of authorized and unauthorized network access with integration of CISCO ASA/FWSM and NAC solution
- Tested BGP features such as as-override, Local preference, EIBGP load balancing
- Troubleshoot IOS related bugs based on past history and appropriate release note.
- Provided technical assistance and support to Cisco customers on 2950, 7600, 7200 and GSR routers.
- Supported nationwide LAN infrastructure consisting of Cisco 4510 and catalyst 6513
- Worked on Cisco Layer 2 switches (spanning tree, VLAN)
- Proficient in OSPF, EIGRP, RIP and BGP.
- Tested authentication in OSPF, LDP and BGP
- WAN Infrastructure running OSPF & BGP as core routing protocol.
- Planned and configured the routing protocols such as OSPF, RIP, and Static Routing on the routers.
- Used BGP to impact traffic forwarding and traffic load balancing on multiple circuits.
- WAN Infrastructure running OSPF as a core routing protocol.
- Created Lab demonstrations for new technology deployments with loaner equipment from various vendors and presented the findings to upper management.