Network Administrator with more than 20 years experience in the Information Technology industry including administration, implementation, and support for Ethernet and Token Ring local area networks, and project management methodologies. Over 16 years experience supporting Lotus Notes.
Operating Systems: Windows NT4.0/2000/03 Server, Active Directory 2003/08, Windows 95/98/XP/Win07, Vista, OS/2, and UNIX
Applications: MS Office 00/03/07/10, Lotus Notes 4.6/5.0/6.03/6.5/8.0/8.5/8.5.1 , MS Exchange 5.5/2000/2003/08/10 , Tivoli, VM/CMS, SMS, pcAnywhere, Visio, Project, SQL 2000/03, Remedy, Picct, Workflow, US Production 6.0, Dame Ware, VMWARE, Ekahau Survey Tool and Blackberry
Technical Knowledge: TCP/IP, VoIP, VPN, DHCP, WINS, Cisco 2600,2801/3600 Routers, Cisco 7500/ 6500/3550/2950 series switches, DSL, Session Manager, Project Management, HP/Compaq HW, Norton Antivirus, McAffe Antivirus, Internet Explorer, Patchlink, Netscape, Network Designs, 802.11,Cisco Wireless Airwap, Cisco WLC and many other networking protocols
Sr. System Analyst/Network Professional
- Manage and coordinate all information Technology (IT) support activities related to computer operations in a client / server environment, to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem(s).
- Provide advice, support and guidance to site IT infrastructure as well as manage assets, backup/restore operations, preventive maintenance and system protection.
- Resolve user problems due to operating difficulties and recommend system modifications to reduce user problems
- Escalate more complex problems to appropriate level of management and provide information on problems that are severe in nature or that are exceeding target dates.
- Delegate IT support tasks, provide and advice to more junior team members.
- Develop and maintain technical support documentation and materials and assist in the development of standard operating procedures.
- Adhere to established IT policies, procedures and standards and ensure conformance with information systems, goals and procedures
- Participate on global and regional project teams.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of the day - to-day operating environment, available tools, and client applications.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Service Desk and IT Operations procedures related to client services.
Sr. System Analyst/Network Professional
- Installing, configuring and maintaining MS Windows based workstations, VMware, monitors, local and network printers, and other peripheral equipment
- Coordinating and managing repair requests of computer and related equipment with outside vendors.
- Performing limited network user administration in a hybrid Novell and Microsoft (AD) 2003/08 client environment (password/account resets)
- Opening, documenting and closing tickets in our helpdesk tracking software.
- Trouble shoot networking connectivity issues, printer, servers, VOIP Phones and applications to meet business needs
- Supports Lotus Notes version 6.5 and 8.5.1 for Confidential and Confidential users.
- Support DNS and DHCP environment
- Experience with the Federal Desktop Core Configuration
- Configure Broadsoft Call manager Software for Cisco 7960 VOIP Phones
- Provides expert technical advice and input in developing and creating new service offerings or technologies, such as, working with desktop engineering teams on the development of the standard operating environment (SOE) for the account(s) and other related activities to ensure that client needs are met in a cost effective and timely manner
- Provide all aspects of desktop hardware/software support including moves, adds, changes, replacing hard drives and reimaging
- Ensure LAN connectivity and quick resolution of desktop/network anomalies
- Support multiple locations for Confidential and Confidential in the RTP area via network, applications, desktop and special projects
- Serves as a technical resource to assist the client in determining future voice/data network needs
- Reports and monitors system utilization and associated costs to guide short term information technology investment decisions as related to voice/data network solutions.
- Performs basic analysis of voice/data network needs and contributes to the architectural design, integration, and installation to ensure effective customer network architectures.
Local Area Network Engineer
- Performed Cisco Firewalls configuration and upgrades to models 515e
- Reviewed domestic sites, ACAD team submittals and IT network diagrams prior to survey
- Trained site personnel
- Visio diagrams for detail design specs by using standard formats
- Used the DMAIC framework for all design projects
- Organized and conducted detail walk through of all ALAN served spaces
- Tested all fiber cables for length and 1000BaseSX transmission compliance
- Conducted network surveys to determine gaps between configuration standards on 6500/3550/2950 series switches
- Trouble shot networking connectivity issues, printer, servers, and applications to meet business needs
- Supported complex, fast Ethernet, Layer 3 switched/routed LANs
- Cisco CSM
- Cisco LWAPP and IOS based solutions
- Cisco WLC
- Ekahau Survey Tool
CIB Technical Analyst
- Primary responsibilities included providing 2nd & 3rd level support for Confidential Bank business environment including desktop hardware/ software, Blackberry setup, and peripheral devices
- Peripheral devices included SMTP, DNS, DHCP and WINS
- Experienced in migration of Exchange 5.5 and 2000/2003
- Experienced setting up users profiles/passwords in AD 2003
- Migration of Lotus Notes R5 to R6
- Security assessment blackberry configuration
- Call center environment using a telephone switch, call monitoring and on-line issue management control
IT Technical Analyst
- Primary duties included providing 2nd & 3rd level support for Confidential Bank business environment including desktop hardware/software, peripheral devices, institutional and insurance relationship management applications and retirement account administration systems.
- Lotus Notes R5 & R6 helpdesk support
- Building images workstations/laptops using Ghost version 11.0
- Enhanced identification, testing, implementation and production support
- Coordinated hardware/software installations and upgrades to ensure work is properly performed
- Implemented migration of Exchange and Lotus Notes R6
- Project engineer for Confidential Securities sites throughout the United States
- LAN and server networking
- Installed, configured and troubleshoot Lotus Notes Database problems
- Migration and Exchange 5.5 to Lotus Notes R6
- Proficient with loading and configuring server applications and workstations
- Monitored and troubleshoot to isolate and diagnose common system problems
- Proficient with building, rebuilding PC’s including software and operating systems
- Excellent verbal and communication skills, customer relation skills, and dealing with difficult situations in a professional manner
- Created procedures and managed Confidential ’s Windows XP rollout. Rollout sites to include Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Jacksonville, FL, Charlotte, NC, Waterbury, NJ and Wilmington, NC
- Created project status reports using Access 2000, Lotus Notes Databases
- Provided technical advice and expertise during evaluation of design, architectural configuration for System Integrators
- IT analyst and quality project manager
- Supervised 10 employees on Desktop Support Team built and supported Windows 2000/NT 4.0 server, desktops and laptops.
- Provided software and hardware support for 200 plus users
- Worked to oversee the installation of client department-specific applications and systems
- Administered LAN and network consisting of NT servers and Cisco routers
- Planned and implemented Palm Pilot testing and rollout
- Resolved connectivity problems in the network infrastructure which includes hubs, switches, routers and print servers
- Tested and implemented Palm Pilots to use Lotus Notes R5 with MS ActiveSync, IntelliSync, and HotSync
- Provided second level LAN and NT administration
- Resolved TCP/IP, Lotus SmartSuite, Lotus Notes, VM/CMS, Tivoli and NETBEUI
- Lotus Notes R4, R5, and R6
- Supported all hardware including modems, video and token ring cards
Senior Procedures Analyst
- Provided technical support for various network communication problems
- Corresponded with second - level support groups to establish procedures for the Southeast Region
- Resolved Windows NT/95/98, UNIX, LAN, printing, hardware, Tivoli and mainframe problems
- Installed, configured and networked Confidential personal computers
- Implemented testing, upgrades and configuration of system files and services
- Configured LAN server packages installed and configured TCP/IP and Cisco routers