- An inspired Senior Network Engineer with 10 years’ extensive Engineering experience. Proficient in configuring and troubleshooting a range of network and security devices and technologies including routers, switches, firewalls, VoIP, LAN, WAN, WLAN, ACI, and routing protocols. A team player with strong technical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
Sr Network Engineer
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
- Creating and configuring new dashboard tunnels to AWS cloud.
- New LAN, WAN and WLAN implementation and deployment for sites.
- Managing and Troubleshoot ASA 5540 & 5585 - X VPN connectivity issues.
- Wireless controller (WLC 5508) configuration and new WLAN implementation for FDA sites.
- Code upgrade for multiple WLC’s, ASA’s, switches, and routers.
- Multiple 3850, 4510 R+E switches and 4351 routers configuration and preparing for deployment to sites.
- External DNS changes and IP address management in Infoblox.
- Involvement on the new AnyConnect version and profile and Cisco firepower release projects.
- Managing RSA tokens and devices.
- MAN sites Switch and router upgrade projects maintenances.
- Troubleshoot slowness/TCP retransmit issues using Wireshark, Netflow, Riverbed and Cisco NAM tools.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
- Supported NSF to relocate their network and datacenter from Arlington to a new building in Alexandria, VA.
- Acquisition, installation, configuration, and maintenance of NSF LAN and WLAN.
- Configured EPG, update APIC, implement access and fabric policies in datacenter’s ACI environment.
- Provisioned ports in ACI to support SAN, VoIP, and hypervisors.
- Configured Dot1x on 4510 Cisco catalyst switch for radius/TACACS+ authentication and to support security badge and camera devices.
- Configured NAT and ACL rules on ASA 5585 9.6(3)1 using ASDM 7.8(1).
- Created profile in Cisco ISE to authenticate multiple devices including 4510 cisco catalyst switch, 8851 VoIP phone, Ricoh printers, Crestron, and A/V devices.
- Configured MDM integration with ISE; BYOD and guest wireless profile in ISE.
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
- Acquisition, installation, configuration, and maintenance of NIH LAN and WAN.
- Planned, designed and implemented network upgrades and changes by following CM procedures.
- Configured HSRP on routers to ensure customer has high availability and redundancy.
- Hands-on experience on cisco technologies including MPLS, PVST+, VRF, LACP, PAGP, and VPN.
- Added, Moved and Changed Data and Voice VLANs with ACL and anti-spoofing configuration for NIH customers.
- Monitored, configured, and troubleshed Cisco ASR 9K, Nexus 7k, 5k, 7600, 7200, 6500, 4500, 3750, 3850, 2800, 2750, and 2600 devices.
- Assisted UC team on Voice Vlan Migration and configuring VoIP Vlans and QOS on cisco switches.
- Troubleshoot wireless network connectivity end-user issues using Cisco Prime, NCS and controllers (5500).
- Regularly monitored and responded to all incoming issues for Sirius XM Streaming services using ZENOSS and Solar Winds applications.
- Provided call support to questions about the features and operational availability of services to internal management and 3rd party vendors.
- Opened trouble tickets with 3rd party vendors using BMC Magic ticket system when incidents occur.
- Troubleshoot and resolved problems to ensure Product, Networking/IP connectivity, Server functionality, and Application availabilities.
- Actively participated in Validating and revising IPNOC support documents and procedures.
IT Technical Support Specialist
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
- Designed and determined hardware and software requirement for voice and data networks implementation for customer projects.
- Diagnosed and correlated complex problems, identified root causes, and developed remediation strategies.
- Installed, Configured, implemented, and troubleshoot WAN, Cisco Call Manager, VMware ESX/ESXi, Cisco (3700/4500/6500 ) and Juniper (EX 2200/3200/4200 ) devices.
- Created user and group account, email account and account management using Microsoft and exchange servers.
- Created, recorded, and troubleshoot tickets using ITSM ticketing system.
- Designed and implemented wireless and wire line networks for clients with mid to high level network infrastructure.
- Configured, Supported and troubleshoot client’s Cisco wireless infrastructure (access point, WLC, and WCS).
- Implemented Switching technologies like STP, VTP and VLAN security on L2 and L3 layer switches.
- Configured and Implemented Routing Protocols like OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP on client networks.
- Installed, Configured, and troubleshoot Cisco Switches (2960/3750/4500 ) and routers (2600/2800).
- Implemented encrypted technologies including SSH, VPN, Wireless Security, Key pairs, Certificates, and SSL.
Hardware: Cisco Routers (2600/2800/3800/4351/ ASR 9K), Cisco Switches (2960-x/ 3750/3850/4500/6500/ Nexus 2/5/7/9K), Cisco ASA (5510/5540/5585 ), Juniper Switches ( 2200/3200/4200 ), Juniper Router (MX-480).
Operating Systems: Cisco IOS, Cisco IOS XR, Cisco IOS XE, NX-OS, Cisco Call Manager, windows server 2003/08/08R2, Exchange Server 2010, Junos, Linux Red Hat/ centos/ Ubuntu, and Unix FreeBSD.
Security: ISE, 802.1x, IDS, IPS, AAA, TACACS+, RADIUS, SSL, GRE, IPSEC, NAT/PAT, and ACL.
Protocols/Technologies: STP, RSTP, 802.1Q, Vlan, VTP, IP, TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, FTP, TFTP, SMTP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, RIP/RIPV2, MPLS, QOS, NTP, HSRP, VRRP, WLC, WCS, H323, SIP, ACI
Network Management: Cisco Works, Riverbed, SNMP, Wire Shark, Zenoss, PRTG, Monolith, and Solar Winds
Office Productivity: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
Others: VMware, vSphere, Cisco AnyConnect VPNs, RSA Secure ID