- Possessing developed skills that have been gained through establishing and developing full IT projects, networks and infrastructures from initial conception to completion.
- Understand and internalize knowledge of network systems infrastructure and policies and apply that knowledge to maintenance support and documentation activities. Extensive LAN, WAN, Hardware, Software experience.
- Experience with Windows/Linux OS maintenance and troubleshooting. Can easily troubleshoot, maintain and configure all complex networking related issues.
- Effectively demonstrate superb communication skills and the ability to explain technical subjects to non - technical individuals in a team environment.
- Ability to work as a team member with other technical staff, such as networking to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
Senior IT Specialist
- User administration for Office 365, Exchange Online and SharePoint Online.
- Experience with Microsoft Intune is a plus.
- Familiarity with firewalling monitoring and switching that doesn’t require FTE or PTE.
- Manage IT expenditures, including invoicing, purchasing, and managing budgets.
- Experience developing business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- IT asset and inventory management for IT hardware, software and equipment.
- Develop and implement IT policies and procedures. Including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provision.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Work with stakeholders to define business needs and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals and office automation equipment.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Performed training over various platforms to end users and executive staff.
Environment: Windows 10, Azure Active Directory, Cisco, Allied Telecom, AssetPanda, Adobe Document Cloud, Process Street, Kaseya remote agent, Samanage, Microsoft Teams, Exchange 2016, Egnyte File Sharing, Sophos Antivirus, Intune MDM, Accounts Payable Processing, Cisco ASA firewall
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Monitor all Windows updates and deploy all patches and upgrades as they arise.
- Review McAfee FTP site for updated data files and deploy as necessary.
- Employee conducts thorough fact gathering and research and provides accurate and responsive advice and service to customers and supervisor. Information provided in response to inquiries is consistently responsive, including identification of appropriate alternatives when available. Deficiencies in the quality and timeliness of the response are limited and minor and have no significant impact on the customer.
- Communicates with computer users locally and in the field to resolve computing problems. Receive, render service and deploy desktop system as quickly as possible.
- Provided courteous, timely support of National Service Desk requests. Close cases in a prompt and timely manner which also include follow-up. Ability to trouble-shoot and share with team members regarding its resolution is expected. Providing complete documentation of known issues.
- Advises leadership of IT anomalies, and ensure ANRs and help desk tickets are created and Management is updated on progress up until resolution is achieved
- Ensure all action items are processed in a timely manner and target dates are met.
- Provide input to Budget, Acquisitions, spend plan, and Supervisor for the acquisition of equipment and service to support the operations of the Office of Research and development.
- Responsible to researching and accessing new technology needs and requirements for upcoming hardware migrations.
- Responsible for tracking all inner office equipment moves via IBM Maximo Asset Management 126.96.36.199
- Participate in security risk assessments and audits of the IT infrastructure to ensure equipment and user practices are consistent with agency security policies.
Environment: IBM Maximo Asset Management, McAfee FTP, Active Directory, Windows 7, Citrix 14, Axway Desktop Validator, Citrix Receiver Enterprise, IBM BigFix Remote Control, Lumension Endpoint Security, Symantec Endpoint Encryption, Microsoft Office 2010, Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash Player, Windows 10, ServiceNow, Windows Deployment Toolkit
Confidential - Alexandria, VA
- Provided advanced network troubleshooting support across all company routers, switches, firewalls, LAN/WAN, VPN concentrators, IPS/IDS, Wireless Networks, and other network-based security appliances/technologies.
- Followed IT policies and procedures related to data storage and account maintenance
- Understood the importance of overall accountability and provides reports, verbal and/or written updates as requested weekly, monthly, quarterly, to key IT management leaders.
- Maintained on-going and open line of communication with Office Director so that all parties are mutually informed of issues, changes, short and long-range plans is it relates to equipment and processes.
- Utilized technical knowledge to repair existing network topologies.
- Followed IT procedures and methods and ensures procedures are in compliance with codes, regulations and standards.
- Displayed extensive knowledge of Windows 7, Microsoft 2008/2012 OS Environments,
- Experience with enterprise desktop management tools such as Altiris, Zenworks, Scriptlogic.
- Accomplished experience with AutoCAD, Windows 7, MS Office 2010, Mac, iOS.
- Performed installations, change-outs of hardware/software and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, scanners, disk drives for users upon request or as needed.
- Troubleshoot Cisco routers and switches to maintain WAN and LAN connectivity.
- Maintained server, upgrade, secure, system backups and disaster recovery preparation.
- Installed software, maintain and introduce training as needed.
- Managed regional office infrastructure and related applications on a 24/7 basis including: Desktop and web collaboration tools, servers - virtual and physical, Networks - Cabling, switches, PBX VoIP system, video conferencing, printers and print servers.
- Managed entire purchase of inventory related to hardware, software and other IT supplies.
- Provided technical assistance to global operations including VDI requirements, testing, and rollout to production.
Environment: LAN/WAN, VPN, IPS.IDS, Windows 7, MS 2008/2012, MS Office 2010, VoIP, AutoCAD, Altiris, Zenworks, Scriptlogic, Airwatch mobile device management, Microsoft Exchange, cisco, Cisco Anyconnect, Active Directory, Adobe Creative Suite
Jr Network Engineer
Confidential - Baltimore, MD
- Analyzed and resolved end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
- Administered and maintained end user accounts, permissions, and access rights via Active Directory and creating LDAP group via Active Directory based Group Policy.
- Monitored network traffic using Wireshark to ensure optimum network performance.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Displayed technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including hardware
- RAID, Active Directory, TCP/IP.
- Interacted and negotiated with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Conducted research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network development efforts.
- Assisted with migration and deployment from Windows XP to Windows 7 OS.
- Managed security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Maintained documentation regarding network configurations, circuit information, procedures, and service records relating to network hardware and changes.
Environment: Windows 7, cisco routers, switches, Active Directory, Wireshark, LogMeIn, Remedy Client 7, Wireshark, Windows Deployment Toolkit.
Confidential - Reston, VA
- Implemented and administered Microsoft Windows Network (Active Directory, TCP/IP, printing, name resolution) through a strong knowledge of ADFS 2.0, Group Policy design, DNS, PKI, and a proven background in Active Directory administration and a solid understanding of IP Networking (subnet masks, routing, VLANs, WLAN).
- Managed Windows Server 2008 R2 and managing Linux servers through Red Hat Enterprise.
- Implemented and configured remote access solutions (Juniper SSL VPN, Citrix).
- Followed client processes for Change Management (Ionix), Incident Management (Ionix), Problem Management (Ionix), and Configuration Management (Ionix + Command).
- Performed network upgrades on scheduled maintenance weekends
- Worked directly with Windows and Linux OS installations for physical HP rack mount and blade servers and virtual servers using VMware VSphere console according to client procedures.
- Made recommendations related to network and security architecture, evaluation of hardware and software products and problem resolution.
- Ensured and tested network connectivity of all network signage computers and host servers.
- Performed technical research for best approaches for project deployment and completion.
- Assessed networks/network paths, plus networking protocols (BGP, OSPF) and network hardware (wireless access points, switches, routers).
- Ensured network connectivity (wired & wireless) for devices and perform troubleshooting steps to resolve issues.
- Utilized network monitoring tools such as Solarwinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM), NetFlow and StealthWatch.
- Fixed hardware issues as instructed for all kinds of data center equipment (e.g. server disk replacement, SAN disk replacement, power supply replacements, etc) and RMA with vendors.
- Monitored and assessed network security and vulnerabilities using Open Source Nmap.
- Allocated and maintained IP records.
- Installed applications and software using SCCM.
- Assisted team in troubleshooting, networking, installation issues.
- Coordinated server cabling and configuration for install.
- Experience configuring CiscoASA Firewall.
- Installed router and switches
- Evaluated all ports used and in compliance with company policy and industry best practices. Environment: Windows Server 2008 R2, Linux Red Hat enterprise, Active Directory, TCP/IP, Altiris, VMWare, vSphere, Juniper, Citrix, Solarwinds, Netflow, Stealthwatch, SANs disk, SCM, Nmap, CiscoASA Firewall, Cisco router, Cisco switches, Tivoli Storage manager
Confidential - Silver Spring, MD
- Assisted in the analysis and resolve basic program support deficiencies and conduct testing to enhance performance.
- Provided maintenance, installation and troubleshooting for Windows and Linux based systems.
- Pre-installation of software and client specific configuration for Windows Server 2003 - 2008R2.
- Increase reliability, enhance performance, and reduce administrative efforts.
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory, TCP /IP and DNS, Microsoft Windows 2007, 2010 and Windows 7.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and connectivity problems, including user access and component configuration.
- Analyze and recover system when malfunction occurs.
- Documented systems, including processes & procedures, configuration, serial numbers, and software versions
- Extensive knowledge in HSI and FTTP (fiber to the premises) and FIOS technology.
- Working knowledge of co-locations and inter office facilities.
- Performed vulnerability assessments utilizing tools such as Nessus
- Facilitate the movement and relocation of routers, circuits, and Ethernet segments/switches.
- Performs back-up, recovery using Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) and systems monitoring.
- Installed, upgraded and administered LAN.
- Performed backup utility, network printer/account, e-mail and spam filtering administration on desktop, laptop computers and mobile devices.
- Assisted and trained staff in the use of technology equipment.
- Installed and updated computer software, drivers, firmware, and desktop images with office computer and mobile technology.
- Provide on-site response to service calls for on premise issues (software, hardware, network connectivity, office phones)
Environment: Windows XP, Active Directory, Microsoft Office, Tivoli Storage manager, Avaya VOIP, Microsoft Exchange
- Software: MS Office 2010, Office 365, Active Directory, Citrix, Lumension Endpoint, Symantec, McAfee, Cisco Anyconnect, Altiris, Zenworks, Wireshark, Windows Server 2008 R2/2012, Red Hat Enterrpise, Solarwinds, Netflow, Nmap, Nessus, Tivoli Storage Manager, Juniper SSL VPN, Remedy Client 7, CA Service Desk, Desktop Baseline Assessment Toolkit (DBAT), SCCM, VMWare,vSphere, vCenter, Exchange server
- Hardware: IBM Compatible Workstations and Servers, VAX, HP, Routers/Switches, Modems, NICs. CD-ROM and DVD-ROM drives, network cards, SCSI cards, modems, video cards & sound cards, LAN Cabling, firewalls
- Operating Systems: Windows 7/8/10, iOS, Linux