- Talented systems administrator offering experience in a Windows environment with knowledge and expertise in several different releases of the Windows Server operating system.
- Strong grasp of enterprise security, familiarity with numerous industry specific applications, and mixed platforms.
- Hyper - V Administration/Cluster Support
- System Security, Patch Management
- Server Administration and Repair
- Server Installation/Configuration
- Large Server Environments (Global & Regional)
- Hosted Exchange (Office 365).
- PowerShell Scripting
- Active Directory & Group Policy Management
- Detailed Procedure Document writer
- Change Management (ITIL)
- Windows Server 2012(R2), 2008(R2), 2003(R2), 2000, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows XP
- TCP/IP; DNS; DHCP; WINS; DFS/DFS-R; SMTP; NFS; SCVMM; basic understanding of routers, hubs and switches
- SharePoint 2010 & 2013, WSUS, SCCM, Symantec Endpoint Protection, McAfee ePO, Websense Enterprise - Web Filter, Symantec Backup Exec, Microsoft Exchange Online (Office 365), Azure AD, Microsoft Lync 2010 & 2013, Skype for Business, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, SolarWinds: NetFlow, Hyper-V, AirWatch
Confidential, Geneva, IL
IT Systems Specialist
- Maintenance & support of the Hyper - V environment using SCVMM, Hyper-V Manager, & Failover Cluster Manager.
- Provide support for Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 R2 environments.
- Manage Multi-Domain Active Directory structure with emphasis on data security.
- Manage hosted Exchange environment for approximately 8000 users via Office 365.
- Manage, create, and maintain enterprise Group Policy Objects.
- Monitor, create, and resolve events detected by HP Operations Manager.
- Deploy software updates and other patches to new & existing systems.
- Create, maintain and update department documentation and procedures.
- Execute documented RFC's to implement application and/or database updates.
- Resolve any incidents which have been escalated to our team in a timely manner.
- Participate in company data center DRP activity bi-annually.
- Led a Physical to Virtual site migration consisting of 4 Physical, Multi - Role servers.
- Developed reports in PowerShell detailing monthly storage consumption for the global Hyper-V environment.
Confidential, Lincolnshire, IL
- Support hosted Microsoft Exchange 2013 (Office365) environment.
- Create and manage E - mail accounts for users of Office365 while managing license utilization.
- Provide hands-on and remote support to resolve end-user issues for more than 600 users across 7 sites.
- Create user accounts in Active Directory and assign the necessary user group memberships.
- Perform Active Directory maintenance as needed.
- Create, test, troubleshoot, and deploy Group Policy Objects.
- Create and manage DFS shares.
- Administer and support corporate Domains and Active Directory Environment.
- Administer and support servers in physical and virtual environment: patching and software deployment.
- Install software, perform software upgrades, and deploy service packs as needed.
- Maintain hardware and software inventory using Numara (BMC) Asset Management.
- Manage the imaging, deployment, maintenance, upgrade, and patching of notebooks, desktops, and network printers.
- Coordinated the migration from Microsoft BPOS to Microsoft Office 365.
- Raised Forest and Domain Functional Levels to Windows Server 2008 R2.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Provided Multi - Tier technical support for multiple site locations.
- On site and remote troubleshooting to resolve problems with desktops, notebooks, servers, network printers and VPN connections while maintaining up-to-date antivirus solutions for more than 600 users.
- Maintained hardware and software inventory using Numara Asset Management.
- Coordinated with users both local and remote, the return and replacement of expired leased assets.
Confidential, Skokie, IL
- Provided technical support; remotely diagnosed hardware & software problems & coordinated repairs for 300+ users.
- Wrote, revised & distributed user training guides, VPN documentation and software installation audit reports.
- Deployed & managed analog and VOIP telephones on the Mitel 3300 Phone system & PrairieFyre Confidential (Contact Center Management).
- Diagnosed and repaired desktops, notebooks, servers, network printers and VPN connections while maintaining up - to- date antivirus solutions for all systems.
- Resolved Level 1 network issues.
- Performed user account creation, deletion, configuration, and permission assignment.
- Installed, upgraded, and maintained all software and licensing.
- Diagnosed, resolved, and documented hardware and software network problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Maintained dynamic content on companies website.
- Websense Enterprise v7.1 - installation and configuration
- Patch panel wiring reorganization.