- Over all 7+ years of experience in the industry, which includes expertise in the areas of Routing, SwitchingWireless and Firewall.
- Expert level knowledge of troubleshooting, implementing, optimizing and testing of static and dynamic routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, BGP and ability to interpret and resolve complex route table problems.
- Implementation of traffic filters on Cisco routes using Standard and extended Access list.
- Expert Level Knowledge about TCP/IP and OSI models.
- In - depth expertise in the analysis, implementation, troubleshooting & documentation of WLAN/LAN/WAN architecture and good experience on IP services.
- Cisco ASA Firewall troubleshooting and policy change requests for new IP segments that either come on line or that may have been altered during various planned network changes on the network.
- Extensive Knowledge on the implementation of Cisco ASA 5500 series and checkpoint R 75 firewalls.
- Hands on experience working with Cisco Nexus 7K, 5K & 2K Switches.
- Experience in F5, Cisco 4710 Load balancers.
- Extensive understanding of the Application Security Module (ASM) technology.
- Experience in working with load balancer for converting CSS to ACE.
- Experience deploying BIG-IP F5LTM Load Balancers for load balancing and traffic management of business application.
- Strong hands on experience in installing, troubleshooting, configuring of Cisco 7200, 3900, 3600, 3400, 2900, 2600, 2500 and 1800 series Routers, Cisco Catalyst 6500, 4500, 3750, 2950 and 3500XL series switches.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in ISP Routing Policies, Network Architecture, IP Addressing, Sub netting, ARP, VLSM, TCP/IP,UDP, MPLS, DMVPN,NAT, DHCP, DNS, FT1 / T1 / FT3 / T3 SONET POS OCX / GigE circuits, Ping Concepts.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience on IP Addressing, Sub netting, VLSM and ARP, reverse & proxy ARP, Ping Concepts.
- Knowledge of implementing and troubleshooting complex layer 2 technologies such as VLAN Trunks, VTP Ether channel, STP, RSTP and MST.
- Extensive knowledge in different networking protocols DHCP, DNS, FTP, VOIP (SIP, H.323, MGCP), Quality of Service (QOS).
- Proficient work experience on Cisco Switches, Routers, Access points, controllers. Motorola Access points and Motorola NX series Controllers.
- Strong working knowledge of Cisco and Motorola Access points and controllers.
- Experience with Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols like LDP, RSVP/ TE, QOS, COS L2 VPWS and VPLS, FRR.
- Experience with convert Checkpoint VPN rules over to the Cisco ASA solution. Migration with both Checkpoint and Cisco ASA VPN experience.
- Supported deployment of a new internal and DMZ Citrix NetScaler environment to provide secure remote Internet Access and load balancing services.
- Experience on Virtual Private Network (VPN) for operating Network and Data Center.
- Experience with Internet/Intranet Networking Protocols and Services.
- Implementation of HSRP, VRRP and GLBP for Default Gateway Redundancy.
- Experience using Spectrum Analyzer with Air magnet.
- Experience in wireless RF site surveys and RF spectrum analysis, documenting results, and provide recommendations on optimization and performance improvements.
- Knowledge in preparing Technical Documentation and presentations using Microsoft VISIO/Office.
OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, RIP: 2, PBR, IS-IS, Route Filtering, Redistribution, Summarization, Static Routing, PBR
Switching: VLAN, VTP, STP, PVST+, RPVST+, Inter VLAN routing & Multi-Layer Switch, Multicast operations, Layer 3 Switches, Ether channels, Transparent Bridging
Security Technologies: PAP, CHAP, Cisco PIX, Bluecoat.
Load Balancer: Cisco ACE load balancer, F5 Networks (Big-IP)
LAN: Ethernet (IEEE 802.3), Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
Leased lines 64k: 155Mb (PPP / HDLC), Channelized links (E1/T1/E3/T3)Fiber Optic Circuits, Frame Relay.
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000, LINUX, Cisco IOS, IOS XR.
CISCO Routers: Cisco 17XX, 18XX, 26XX, 28XX, 37XX, 38XX, 39XX &72XX series.
CISCO Switches: Cisco 2900, 3500, 3750, 4500, 6500, Nexus 7k, 5k, 2k.
Wireless LAN Controllers: Cisco 8510, 5508, 5706 and Motorola NX9510, NX7510, NX5510
Access Points: Cisco 11XX, 12XX, 26XX 36XX 37XX and Motorola 8533, 8132, 7532, 7131, 7161 and 8163 Access Points.
Firewalls: Cisco ASA (5520/5550/5580 ), Pix (525/535), Checkpoint R75, R76.
Various Features &Services: IOS and Features, HSRP, GLBP, IRDP, NAT, SNMP, SYSLOG, NTP, DHCP, CDP, LLDP, TFTP and FTP Management.
Capacity &performance: IXIA, Spirent, Cisco works, IPerf, IXChariot.
Network Management: SNMP, Cisco works LMS, HP open view, Ethereal, MRTG/PRTG server.
WAN Optimizer: Riverbed steelhead Appliance.
Reports: Microsoft (Visio pro.).
Confidential, Collierville, TN
Wireless Network Engineer
- Responsible for designing, implementing and monitoring of LAN and WLAN for the entire organization.
- Worked on 3560, 3650, 3750, 3850 series Cisco Catalyst Layer 3 switches.
- Responsible for conducting the Active Survey and analyzing the files of the AirMagnet to make a better Wireless Network Design.
- Worked on Predictive and Passive Wireless Site Surveys using AirMagnet for designing of the wireless Access Points and to test the RF heat maps of the individual floors.
- Conduct the survey using the AirMagnet Spectrum Analyzer for the better design of the WLAN.
- Documenting the AirMagnet files for better understanding by using the VISIO.
- Report daily to Professional Manager and Project Manager on Operations and Maintenance.
- Strong working knowledge of MotorolaNX-9510, NX-7510and NX-5510 wireless controllers (WLCs), Motorola 8533, 8132, 7532, 7131,7161 and 8163 Access Points.
- Strong working knowledge of Cisco 5508, 4404 wireless controllers (WLCs), Cisco 11XX, 12XX, 26XX 36XX 37XX Access Points.
- Upgrading IOS on all access points and wireless controllers periodically, taking advantage of new optimal features.
- Configuring and Managing AP's and WLC's using Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
- Adding the Floor Planes to the AirMagnet and Placing the Access Points in the appropriate location.
- Design and implementation of several Aruba Wireless deployment projects.
- Hands-On experience in the configuration, management, maintenance and support of wireless devices like Motorola Aps, Cisco Aps, Clear Pass and Aruba Wireless.
- Expert level knowledge on Aruba ClearPass server Authentication: 802.1X, AAA, Policy Management, Guest Access, B.Y.O.D.
- Designed, deployed, and maintained Aruba wireless infrastructure, providing full coverage across 400 Confidential office locations.
- Monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot Aruba APs, Motorola APs and Cisco APs.
- Design, implement and integrate of a Wireless Infrastructure utilizing Aruba WLAN controllers and access points.
- Experience with Aruba wireless LAN controllers, Motorola wireless LAN controllers and Cisco Wireless LAN controllers.
- Documentation of all data such as technical reports and bill of materials.
- Documented the company's design, implementation procedures.
- Managing IPAM and DHCP servers.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
Sr. Network Engineer
- Responsible for Crossroads rollout LAN/WAN problem determination and diagnosis, provided project leadership (onsite, offsite).
- Working with local IT personnel on troubleshooting, problem determination, diagnosis of performance issues, bandwidth issues, throughput traffic prioritization to improve overall application response time across WAN.
- Install and monitor application traffic using network protocol monitoring tools such as NTOP or wireshark.
- Responsible for executing planned network infrastructure installations and configurations associated with the relocation of the NC FAST Camden and Bath Buildings networks into a new building.
- Triggered alert sent to the NOC by the monitoring platform.
- Participating in the design and planning aspects of the network infrastructure installed in the new building.
- Worked with MPLS for redirecting data from one network node to another network node based on the shortest paths.
- Worked on network topologies and configurations, TCP/IP, UDP, Frame Relay, Token ring, ATM, MLP, bridges, routers, hubs and Switches.
- Participated in testing the internal network infrastructure in the new building, troubleshooting and remediating any issues.
- Software and hardware upgrades/replacement for Cisco (ASR9K, 3800, 6500) and Juniper (QFX, 8200) routers and switches.
- Worked with network services like DNS, DHCP, DDNS, IP4, IP6, IPsec, VPN etc.,
- Deployed Cisco Catalyst 6500, 4500, 4000, 3750, 3850, 3560 (Layer 2 through 7) and Cisco ASR 5500, 7000, 9000 series routers.
- Installed and monitored extreme networks S-series, 7100 stackable switches and E4G-400, 1800 router to support VMware machines in NCFAST.
- Configuring Palo Alto policies and setting different device configurations.
- Experience working with Infoblox Management tool and worked with Extreme networks wireless devices like Access points AP3705, AP3610.
- Supported Infoblox appliances grid environment for DNS, DHCP and IP Address Management tools (IPv4), for the State Farm enterprise network.
- Experienced working with Nexus OS, IOS, CATOS and Nexus 7K, 5K & 2K Switches.
- Experience configuring VPC(Virtual Port Channel), VDC(Virtual Device Context) in Nexus 7010/7018.
- Designed and implemented F5 Big IP load balancers that resulted in improving application performance.
- Experience in working with LTM and GTM for scaling and securing DNS infrastructure during high volumes.
- Knowledge working with API’s for troubleshooting Network issues using Wireshark and NTOP.
- Configured static NAT, dynamic NAT, dynamic NAT overloading.
- Handled Cisco IOS back up to a TFTP server and Upgraded and restored a Cisco IOS from TFTP server.
- In-depth expertise in the implementation, optimization, troubleshooting and documentation of LAN/WAN networking systems, and WAN traffic optimization using Riverbed products.
- Conduct extensive troubleshooting of Riverbed appliances, identify and mitigate the issue's root cause.
- Worked on a broad range of topics such as proactive monitoring and maintenance, disaster recovery exercises, and core network repairs.
- Designed and deployed various network security & High Availability products like Cisco ASA other security products.
- Worked with migrations off Cisco CSS and Cisco ACE/GSS onto F5 LTM active/passive pair and deploy F5 GTM for site redundancy across two data centers connected via two diverse service providers.
- Configuring various advanced features (Profiles, monitors, iRules, Redundancy, SSL Termination, Persistence, SNATs, HA on F5 BIGIP appliances SSL termination and initiation, Persistence, Digital
- Documented network configuration for all new equipment and creating equipment configuration backups and monitored existing DIRM network systems.
- Installed, configured and set security policies on Cisco and checkpoint firewalls, VPN.
- Troubleshooting firewall and ACL related connectivity issues.
- Designing, Installation and configuration on Checkpoint, ASA, Net Screen and Juniper Firewalls.
- Assist customer team with the design and placement of Palo Alto Networks devices.
- Responsible for managing the NetMotion Server, to include monitoring usage, removing unused devices and updating rule sets when necessary
- Develop and maintain network configuration, documentation, industry best standards and practices.
- Work closely with the base personnel to ensure all network devices are monitored properly.
- Designing, Installation and configuration of ACL's and firewall Filters on Cisco and Juniper Routers.
- Troubleshooting MPLS circuits, VPN and SSL VPN connectivity.
- Designing, Installation and configuration of MPLS circuits, VPN and SSL VPN connections on checkpoint Firewalls, Juniper Net Screen VPN Boxes.
- Configuring IPsec VPN connections, encryption algorithms &VPN domains on checkpoint R75.
- Configuration of Checkpoint R77.30 series firewalls and implementation for outbound traffic via bluecoat proxy server
- Configuring, troubleshooting and managing secure web content gateways and filters like Bluecoat and Websense.
- Working on Active Directory to add users to new groups and change user's policy
- Working on RSA 2 Factor, AAA & Radius
- Working on IPS and IDS (source fire and fire eye)
- Working on tools and devices Aruba & CADA to assign roles, policies to devices and users.
- Configuring and deploying Cisco NAC & Cisco ISE
- Working on Cisco NAC & ISE to authorize users based on protocols PEAP and EAP-TLS, also manage and monitor user's access privileges.
- Immediate troubleshooting of the alerts and applying a fix individually or escalating it to different teams for the quick resolution of the alerts without letting any Data Center and/or Servers down.
- Working and completing different types of ticketing tools like JIRA, CM, SC and SR with SLA timeperiod.
- Convert Branch WAN links from TDM circuits to MPLS and to convert encryption from IPsec/GRE to GetVPN.
- Worked on FTP, HTTP, DNS, DHCP servers in windows server-client environment with resource allocation to desired Virtual LANs of network.
- Work with Brocade MLX, FCX648, ICX6450, and ICX6610 switches and routers.
- Experience in LAN infrastructure including design and troubleshooting.
- Promoting team work by helping peers in daily work and improve the entire productivity output
- Provided Tier1 technical support; assisted users facing network problems. Perform advanced troubleshooting, diagnostics and provide tier/level-1 solutions to network failures.
- Worked with Client teams to find out requirements for their Network Requirements.
- Designing solutions for frozen requirements using Cisco Routers and Switches.
- Deploying the network infrastructure to meet the requirements.
- Created VLAN and Inter-Vlan routing with Multilayer Switching.
- Migration of RIP V2 to OSPF, BGP routing protocols.
- Documenting and Log analyzing the Cisco ASA 5500 series firewall.
- Monitor performance of network and servers to identify potential problems and bottleneck.
- Performed administrative support for RIP, OSPF routing protocol.
- Maintained redundancy on Cisco 2600, 2800 and 3600 router with HSRP.
- Real time monitoring and network management using Cisco Works LMS.
- Provided technical support on hardware and software related issues to remote production sites.
- Network infrastructure support to routing and switching equipment’s.
- Redistribute routing protocols and Frame-Relay configuration.
- Managed installations, configuration and administration of Cisco equipment in IT architecture of organization.
- Configured IT LAN/WAN elements and held responsibility of maintaining and monitoring performance of network.
- Design/lead/participate in effort to increase consistency in user, product, system, and SRNDdocumentation.
- Design of a multiple network installations including a new building, extensive work with Gigabit Ethernet, Cisco hardware and IOS, customer network architecture and implementation.
- Responsible for generation of requirement documentation, technical planning, design and detailed systems engineering of voice and data networks as well as the required network infrastructure of various requirements of clients
- Support customer with the configuration and maintenance of ASA firewall systems.
- Implemented ISL and 802.1Q for communicating through VTP.
- Troubleshoot and resolved dynamic routing, Ethernet switching and host connectivity issues in a window and network environment.
- Troubleshoot wiring problems and serial communication lines.
- Develop, plan and maintain documentation necessary for operation in support of LAN to WAN connectivity.
- Maintained excellent communication with the IT Manager on all tasks and projects.