COTS Software: Nessus, SecurityCenter, Burp, Snort, AppDetectivePro, pfSense, Wireshark, Splunk, Brightmail, MIMEsweeper, ZixMail, Exchange, Outlook, BlackBerry Enterprise Server, Good Mobile Messaging, Active Directory, SQL Server, System Center Configuration Manager, Lotus Notes, Domino, Visio, Powershell, BrightStor ARCserve, Backup Exec, Net Backup, Tivoli, McAfee Enterprise, Symantec AntiVirus Corporate, Forefront Endpoint Protection, VMWare ESX, TrackIt, Remedy, EM7, SolarWinds
Operation Systems: Windows, Linux, Mac
Hardware: HP, Dell, Compaq, Toshiba, Scalar, RIM, Motorola, Avaya, RSA, Cisco, IronPort, Tumbleweed, SAS, iSCSI, BlackBerry, VoIP, PDAs, Smartphones, Printers, Scanners, Tape Libraries, RAID, Fiber, Ethernet, Patch Panels, Firewalls, Tokens
Policies & Processes: ITIL, NIST, FIPS, FISMA, DIACAP, DIARMF, Agile
Confidential, Greenbelt, Maryland
Network Security Analyst, Cyber Security Engineer
- Provide guidance on information security and risk management framework (RMF) standards, policies, processes, and procedures.
- Provide system development life cycle (SDLC) support from project inception to the decommissioning phase, including developing SOPs, establishing performance baselines, and contingency/disaster recovery plans.
- Performs site surveys, including software and hardware inventory and security assessments.
- Performs vulnerability scanning and environment analysis including account password compliance, access control auditing, and quality assurance testing.
- Performs security test & evaluation (ST&E) and independent verification and validation (IV&V) plans on systems.
- Manages information security vulnerability management (ISVM) programs to maintain compliance for federal systems.
- Participates in forensic investigations and incident response programs, gathering data, performing PCAP analysis, parsed log review via SEIM tools, configuration checks and liaising with executives for updates.
- Works on various short and long - term projects including account and database migrations, network monitoring, as well as server installations, upgrades and decommissions.
- Manages and configures a variety of security solutions, including firewalls, endpoint security, anti-malware, network scans, and VPN implementations.
- Manages Active Directory and Exchange environments, including configuration management, data migration, and operations support.
Confidential, Rockville, Maryland
Information Assurance Engineer Lead
- Provide a comprehensive view of IT security considerations through addressing technical security services, management and operation requirements, and identify all relevant security oriented boundaries.
- Develop and update new or supplemental policies, procedures, or guidance to provide continued federal and organizational compliance.
- Support an incident management program to mitigate security vulnerabilities on agency websites and related applications.
- Analyze all mandates, memos and guidance from OMB, NIST and other government authorities to ensure the best practices are being followed; ensuring the incident life-cycle is managed from discovery to resolution.
- Perform security authorization of agency systems as part of system development life-cycle in accordance with NIST standards to maintain FISMA compliance.
- Provide security requirements for the operational, managerial and technical aspects of the client's IT program.
- Provide security standard guidance and support to vendors to align their services with the client's needs.
- Developed a streamlined system to manage, track, and report security incidents to the client.
Confidential, Landover, Maryland
Network Engineer Lead
- Maintained and configured the firewall and relay policies (anti-spam and antivirus filters), server and appliance security vulnerability patching, daily system monitoring, as well as alert response and investigation.
- Provided support for messaging platforms, firewalls, antivirus, relay, and routing services. Routine tasks consisted of monitoring mail traffic flow and ensuring all related servers and appliances performed within designated operation standards.
- Engineer for 30 servers and related databases.
- Participated in business continuity planning and policy development.
- Assisted wireless messaging engineers with research and evaluation of wireless devices for FIPS compliancy.
- Developed and executed a client-side functionality test plan, for a project focused on an agency merger involving multiple Active Directory forests.
- Developed and tested disaster recovery plan.
- Administered RSA SecureID servers.
Confidential, Reston, Virginia
Network Design Engineer
- Provided support for wireless and electronic messaging platforms, firewalls, antivirus, relay, and routing services.
- Routine tasks consisted of monitoring mail traffic flow and ensuring all related servers and appliances performed within designated operation standards.
- Responsibilities included the design and implementation of plans for projects involving environment changes, such as disaster recovery, domain restores, mass object updates, and other impromptu projects.
- Configured firewall and mail relay anti-spam and antivirus policies and filters.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Wireless Messaging Engineer Lead
- Provided 24-hour support for all wireless and electronic messaging platforms. Daily duties included maintaining and managing all wireless messaging servers.
- Ensured wireless messaging services had high availability, server and device patches were tested and implemented, and VIP wireless user issues were addressed.
- Developed and configured Blackberry device security policies and administered security access privileges.
Confidential, Springfield, VA
- Functioned as a tier 3 support technician, providing 24-hour support for all electronic messaging platforms employed by Confidential .
Confidential, Rockville, Maryland
- Responsible for providing any support needed by the employees, to ensure they could readily provide support to the CTRM clients.