Highly - focused result-oriented IT professional with more than 20 years of hands-on experience in the IT Industry Proven track record of delivering quality-assured completed e-commerce IT projects on schedule. Resourceful, qualitative and quantitative analytical problem solver, with demonstrated ability to independently manage projects from planning through execution in dynamic, fast-paced, and time-sensitive environments. Works well in a team, hands-on experience in the field of Software Testing and Quality Assurance with diversified skills in Section 508 Compliance testing using JAWS Certified and Manual testing, currently seeking a challenging position as an Analyst.
- SDLC Waterfall & Agile/Scrum
- Operations & Process Improvements
- Risk Analysis, & Security Measures
- Requirements Gathering & Analysis
- Customer Support / SME
- Cloud Computing: SaaS, PaaS, IaaS
- Policies & Procedures Development
- Team Building & Leadership
- Change Management
TECHNOLOGY EXPERTISE & TOOLS:
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7/8/Vista, Linux, Windows 10, DOS, Firefox, Chrome.
Methodologies: SDLC-Waterfall, RAD, Agile/Scrum, and Kanban.
Confidential, Greenbelt, Maryland
- Participated in QA Testing on a tracking system developed for a State customer.
- Identified Section 508 problem areas and instituted a large-scale project which included addressing accessibility defects.
- Consulted with other executives regularly for keeping up to date with today's Section 508cutting edge knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Monitored Agile team velocity, product backlogs, release and sprint progress. Mentored product owner and the Scrum team to ensure that all parties understand and adhere to the Agile/Scrum framework.
- Created procedural documents with screen shoots to demonstrate system functions and operations.
- Gathered system Requirements and created User Stories, including done-criteria.
- Used SharePoint for document management system—repository for Proposal and programming artifacts, including technical drawings.
- Guided the proposal/business development team to follow Agile methodology, including team on Scrum stand-up meetings/Sprints.
- Performed various Section 508accessibility Compliance test with JAWS, WAT, and ACC Verify etc. Logged, monitored and retested defects in QC for Section 508 failures with various compatible browsers.
Confidential, Riverdale, Maryland
IT Consultant/Business Analyst
- Guided business owner to select alternative-affordable health insurance to reduce health insurance costs.
- Developed computer manuals for nurses and office staff, resulting in good knowledge of system usage for documenting day-to-day activities, including submission of hours worked.
- Developed and implemented database for staff management, to streamline internal coordination of new hires and obtaining ad hoc reports on staff information, availability and worked hours.
- Performed assessment of business process flows, developed and implemented business re-engineering initiatives.
- Provided technical and functional expertise in general business management and organizational business process improvement.
- Reviewed business goals and visions, conducted impact assessments, and recommended/implemented solutions that met client’s business requirements, vision, and projected goal.
- Conducted risk assessment, documented system vulnerabilities, system security analysis; and implemented appropriate solutions: firewall and procedures governing corporate security, access control, email and Internet usage.
- Developed new business proposal to obtain license for business expansion, Confidential Healthcare Services.
- Updated policies and procedures documents to align with Joint Commission accreditations standards.
- Recommended and effected memory upgrades to existing corporate computers to speed up transaction processing.
- Expedited the automation of accounts for the organization, resulting in improved performance and quality of records and reports.
Confidential, Silver Spring, Maryland
Consultant/Business Process Reengineering/Proposal Coordinator
- Spearheaded the re-engineering of the proposal process, increased quality and timely completion by 10%.
- Facilitated the production and timely delivery/submittal of completed proposals.
- Led the proposal development team in areas of business and technical analysis and processes.
- Implemented an effective process for development and documentation of compliant proposals.
- Assisted with preparation of compliant technical and Cost proposals.
- Reviewed business goals and vision, and developed gap analysis.
- Performed assessment of business process flows, and implemented guidelines for process improvement.
- Worked closely with the Director of Business Development to implement business process improvement initiatives.
- Evaluated performance and needs of business units; prepared and analyzed reports for strategic decision making.
- Established the strategies and procedures of the business to align with the vision and mission of the company.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Business Analyst/Senior QA Tester/Project Manager
- Project manager and Team lead for system redesign, testing, and maintenance of multi-million-dollar e-commerce web applications for the Federal government, including GSAXcess®. Ensured systems were Section 508 compliant.
- Extracted requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops-JAD sessions, site visits (e.g., visited live Auto Auction to clarify design requirements for the Web Automated Remarketing Module (ARM) being designed for the Confidential Fleet, to replace existing Auto auctions system).
- Evaluated requirement information gathered from multiple sources, reconciled conflicts.
- Decomposed high-level information into details, and reduced abstract (Epics) to low-level information for a general understanding, using User Story method (e.g., Quality Deficiency Report (QDR) system).
- Agile/Scrum team member for a Confidential project; as a QA Tester and a BA, gathering requirements by Story Telling, including determining Done/Acceptance criteria, Testing. Used HP-QTP to automate test cases and run test scripts.
- Documented functional and non-functional (quality) attributes.
- Interacted with a diverse group of executives, managers, subject matter experts and programming staff. Identified issues, risks, vulnerabilities and potential, and suggested constructive solutions problems during development team meetings (e.g., QDR, FSSI (Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative), and ARM).
- Applied strong analytical and product management skills to interpret customer business needs, and translated same into application and operational requirements.
- Used MS Project to schedule and track project milestones, and Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to document requirements and test cases that satisfied each (e.g., for the ARM system, Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative, FSSI).
- Tested the FSSI Dashboard, generated and analyzed reports. Reconciled discrepancies and conducted regression testing. Used Edit Plus and SQL to extract and reconcile data.
- Facilitated and participated in Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions for brainstorming on the best solution approach and requirements gathering/refinement. Documented meeting minutes.
- Used Serena Business Manager (SBM), HP QC and ALM to document and manage system change requests.
- Used Visio to create business process flow diagrams, showing data and process flow between internal/external systems, to include Swinlane diagrams. Reviewed system design diagrams/flow charts produced by the programmers.
- Ensured that the programmers integrate Quality Assurance into all phases of the System Development Life Cycle.
Senior Analyst/Project Manager
- Created Epics for the Product Catalog, and broke the Epics into unit User Stories, defined acceptance criteria, and conduct functional, regression and UAT during Agile/Scrum Sprints.
- Prepared and/or reviewed Functional Design Diagrams, Use Cases, and flow diagrams.
- Identified issues, risks, documented vulnerabilities and potential problems during development team meetings, and recommended constructive solutions that were accepted by client-customer.
- Performed/documented gap analysis to determine the state of application and where it should be; worked well with Stakeholders and programming staff to brain storm and decide best solution approaches.
- Coordinated the overall testing strategy, Functional, Regression, Integration and UAT testing, including Section 508 Compliance testing. Documented and regression-tested fixed bugs prior to deployment. Created Test Analysis Report.
- Reconciled database data with reports generated using URSA DARGAL, and SQL, ETL.
- Interviewed business owners and end users to elicit and refine requirements, created RTM, prepared gap analysis, identified and recommended solutions to risks and vulnerabilities.
- Used Knowledge Tree, TRAC, SBM, Tortoise SVN, HP QC, ALM and QTP for document repository and management of testing and development artifacts. Used HP-QTP to automate test cases and run test scripts.
- Conducted system testing involving BI objects, analyzed and reconciled for Dashboard reports.
- Created status reports for client presentations; defined milestone for deliverables.
- Used SharePoint for documenting development and testing artifacts
- Project manager for the redesign/reengineering of the Computers for Learning ( Confidential ) project, and won the Miles Romney for Excellence in system design for this project.
- Worked with Help Desk personnel to log requests and resolve incidents, tracked/monitored tickets resolution.
- Was the go-to SME that responded to end-user questions on system usage for 11 Confidential regional offices, and State Agencies. Also trained new hires to bring them to speed with system functions.
- Created system change requests for user-identified system enhancement, and manager-approved self observations.
- Planned and executed Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Reports, Test Scripts, Test Metrics and Test Scenario for functional, integration and regression testing.
Information Specialist/Business Analyst/User Support
- Coordinated multiple projects and ensured that products and processes of the project teams met the PMO standards.
- Provided quality assurance role ensuring that Software is tested to meet quality standards, to include Section 508 compliant testing.
- Provided customer support by phone, by email, and in person. Hired and trained Help Desk Support staff.
- Liaison between business stakeholders, programmers and IT management team.
- Gathered requirements but talking to business owners and end users, scheduled JAD sessions with the project team and business owners; refined requirements, discussed potential risks and impediments, and determined best solution approach. Developed and distributed meeting minutes.
- Developed User-guides and Online-help screens that aided with system usage/functions.
- Team-lead, coordinated the testing of completed modules and assured adherence to requirements specifications.
- Analyzed system requirements, created specifications and screen layouts used to convert legacy data entry system to Online web-based application.
Confidential, Chantilly, Virginia
- Collaborated with engineers and warehouse staff in the provisioning department, assessed and designed solutions for telecommunications needs.
- Determined communication equipment and peripherals for proper cabling of Cisco routers, Data Service Units (DSUs), and Channel Service Units (CSUs) for T-1 and T-3 connections.
- Identified vulnerabilities, risks and protection needs, and recommended ways to resolve issues and problems in IT program areas.
- Supervised activities of field engineers during installation, configuration, re-homing, upgrading, and cut-over of user circuits of public and military networks for hardwired and leased line circuits from end-to-end.
- Assessed project feasibility and customer needs. Realized a 98% successful activation rate, and consistently completed projects on time.