- 4 years of Experience in IT industry with a profile of Build & release Management, Source Code & Configuration management, and System Administration.
- Experience in configuring the EC2 Instances and hands - on experience in setting up the infrastructure of AWS.
- Strong experience on DevOps activities such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) and on the required tools.
- Hands on experience in setting up the continuous integration tool Jenkins and Bamboo.
- Experience in continuous integration, build and deployment automation tools like GIT, SVN, ANT, Chef and Ansible.
- Hands on experience in using Build Automation tools like Maven & ANT with continuous integration tools like Jenkins. Experience with handling Terraform tool for changing infrastructure safely.
- Expertise on Source code control tools like SVN, Bitbucket (Git) and good knowledge on Branching and merging code lines in the GIT
- Hands on experience with EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, ELB, EBS, Cloud Watch, Auto scaling.
- Experience with creating custom users & groups on an IAM console.
- Experience in implementing continuous integration on AWS.
- Good knowledge on scaling a relational database and applying data security on the cloud.
- Expertise on few of the messaging services like SNS, SQS.
- Worked on operational support activities to ensure availability of customer websites hosted on AWS cloud infrastructure using Virtual private cloud (VPC) and public cloud.
- Experience on Vagrant, AWS and kubernetes based container deployments to create self-environments for dev teams and containerization of env's delivery for releases.
- Strong experience in configuring Chef and Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, chef client, chef server, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Experience in SCM tools Chef and Puppet, Ansible for configuration management on multiple platforms like Windows and Red Hat Linux.
- Experience with setting up Chef Infra, Bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading recipes, node convergence in Chef SCM.
- Good knowledge of data bags, attributes, cookbooks, recipes and templates in Chef.
- Experience in maintaining configuration management tools on enterprise operating systems.
- In-depth knowledge on scripting like Advanced Shell Scripting, Python, Ruby.
- Automated project requests by writing Perl and Unix Shell scripts.
- Experience with cloud and virtualization based technologies like Docker, VMware.
- Expertise in automated deployment of websites, applications and services to production environments.
- Build and deploy containers using Docker & TeamCity.
- Strong knowledge in building fast and scalable network applications using Node.Js.
- In-depth knowledge on Load balancing software and hardware like NGINX.
- In-depth knowledge on various internet protocols like LDAP, HTTP, FTP, TCP/IP, DNS, SSH, SNMP.
- In-depth knowledge of web, security, and protocols of networking. Strong database skills (Mongo DB) to investigate create, drop, edit, and manage any database object or schema.
- Experience in configuring web server platforms such as PHP, Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic.
- Good knowledge about the Fastlane tool to release the iOS and android applications.
- Expertise on Application servers such as Apache, Tomcat, IIS (Internet Information Services).
- Basic Knowledge on OOPS languages like C++, JAVA, Dot net, Groovy.
- Experienced in Using Terraform for automated build and versioning.
- Hands on experience with UNIX commands
- Expertise on one of the project and issue tracking tools in agile development called JIRA.
- Good Knowledge IBM Appscan, SWM and S&S.
- Expertise in maintaining and troubleshooting Red Hat Linux and Windows platforms including subsystems of Linux like Kernels.
- Expertise on Project Delivery and good knowledge of all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Configured NoSQL with JIRA, Bitbucket and GIT.
- Experience working with monitoring tools like Telegraf, kapacitor, Chronograf and InfluxDB.
- Experience working with Logging tools like Elastic search, kibana and Logstash
Cloud Platform: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Open stack
Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, Vagarant, Maven, Ansible, Docker, Splunk.
Database: Oracle, DB2, MySQL, Mongo DB, SQL Server, MS SQL, InfluxDB
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Make file, Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo, Code Deploy.
Version Control: GIT Hub, GitLab, Code Commit.
Web Servers: Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, Web Sphere.
Languages/ Scripts: HTML, CSS, C, Shell, Bash, PHP, Python, powershell.
Operating Systems: Windows, Red hat, Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu
Other Tools: OpsGenie.
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE:
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Involved in DevOps migration/automation processes for build and deploy systems.
- Implement the Build automation process for all the assigned projects in Vertical Apps domain.
- Performing regular Cron job updates in servers. Worked with SVN and GIT version controls.
- Support the code builds by integrating with continuous integration tool (Jenkins). Written Maven scripts, Installed Jenkins, written shell script for end to end build and deployment automation.
- Provided configuration management expertise to all software development projects.
- Configured various jobs in Jenkins for deployment of Java-based applications and running test suites
- Setup ANT script based jobs in Jenkins and Worked with Jenkins Pipelines.
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins, Sonar to move from one environment to other environments.
- Proficient in using version control tool like Team Foundation Server ( TFS) and Visual Source Safe (VSS), SVN
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for WebSphere application server.
- Built the infrastructure with Kubernetes and Docker
- Heavily automated the Kubernetes/Docker infrastructure with Ansible scripts
- Worked on setting up and configuring build servers and allowing access to build agents.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between Projects.
- Helped developers in creating Udeploy snapshots, adding version to the snapshot during production installs.
- The complete installation and hosting was automated with AWS cloud formation and PowerShell scripts.
- Responsible for creating selenium grid model using Docker, running selenium test cases on Docker hub-node.
- Maintained and managed Ansible playbooks responsible for deploying Framework and other cloud tools. Worked on Git Flow for production Release.
- Expertise in writing Bash Scripts, Pearl Scripts (hash and arrays), Python programming for deployment of Java applications on bare servers or Middleware tools.
- Development, Quality Assurance, and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes.
- Managing a team of DevOps engineer for infrastructure support on AWS cloud. Creating cloud formation scripts for hosting software on AWS cloud. Automating the installation of software through PowerShell scripts.
- Utilized Jasmine in AngularJS and NUnit in ASP.NET MVC for unit testing.
- Performing Changes like Live/Cold Migrations, rebuild, rename and decommission of Azure servers, Hyper-V Virtual Machines, VBOS servers, Blade Servers and Physical Servers.
- Automated the Build and Deployment process using Udeploy tool. Expert in automating Windows image creation process via System Center Configuration Manager ( SCCM ), PowerShell and .Net C#.
- Provided end user training for all Tortoise SVN, JIRA users to effectively use the tool.
- Created data maintenance utility using Unix Shell Scripts (Bash & Perl)
- Experience in writing the rewrite rules in Apache HTTP Server Version 2.0.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Tortoise SVN and implemented the setup for Master-slave architecture to improve the Performance Automated SQL Scripts.
- Configured NoSQL with JIRA, Bitbucket and GIT to speed up the application performance. Linked the server with the application.
Environment: GIT, Tortoise SVN, Jenkins, IBM Udeploy, PHP, JAVA/J2EE, Angular JS, MAVEN, Ngnix, AWS, Puppet, Chef, Python, Nagios, SCCM, UNIX, JIRA, Azure, NoSQL.
Devops Engineer/Build and Release Engineer
- Analyze the existing on-premise architecture and come up with cloud architecture and list all services needed to migrate the current architecture including price estimation of resources on AWS.
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS.
- Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge and upgradation or Migration of Puppet community and Puppet Enterprise.
- Extensively used Ruby scripting on Chef Automation for creating cookbooks comprising all resources Data bags, templates, attributes.
- Automated the continuous integration and deployments using Jenkins. Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus.
- Deployed a centralized log management system and integrated into Puppet to be used by developers.
- Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS Set up Jenkins server and build jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling the GIT during the day and periodic scheduled builds overnight to support development needs using Jenkins, JUnit, Selenium and Maven.
- Worked on chef cookbooks to install tools like new relic and Sumo logic for both instrumentation and enabling and disabling logs.
- Experience with data flows and relationships, data integration analysis, data mapping across multiple systems, data quality for ETL processes, and file transfer of external data.
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as on premise. Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes, cook books and uploaded them to Chef-server.
- Setup and maintained automated environment using Chef Recipes and good understanding on Knife, Chef Bootstrap process etc.
- Extensively Worked on Hudson and Jenkins for Continuous integration and for End to End automation for all Build and Deployments.
- Integrated Jenkins with various DevOps tools such as Nexus, Sonar Qube, and Puppet etc.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, SVN/GIT with Development/Test/Production Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Automated Weekly releases with ANT/Maven scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Write Puppet manifests in Ruby for deploying, configuring and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Deployment of syslog server and client configurations through version control (subversion) managing through Puppet.
- Responsible for automated installation of Puppet Enterprise 2.7 and configuring Puppet Master and Puppet Agents (both Windows and Linux) in AWS VPC.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in open stack cloud, integrating it with puppet, migrating the application using Maven as build tool.
- Responsible for automated identification of application server and database server using puppet scripts.
- Extensive experience implementing Puppet modules to automate the installation and configuration for a wide range of services.
- Responsible for ordering necessary equipment, access, admin rights, application installs, Creation of Active Directory Groups, decommissioning of server environments, setting up VPN events and conference meetings between multiple Global endpoints and various other actions via Requests.
- Automated Nagios services for database server, web-server, application-server, networks, file sizes, RAM utilization, Disk performances using Python script in Chef.
Environment: Chef, Git, Subversion, Apache Tomcat, Bamboo, Splunk, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, Jira, CentOS, Yum, Shell Scripts.
UNIX/LINUX System Administrator
- Provide system support for all the UNIX / Linux servers in the client environment.
- Responsible for installation, configuration, and administration of Red hat Linux 5.x, 6.x and supporting other OS like Solaris 10.
- Create/Monitor for active tickets periodically in the Global Service Desk for any new tickets or existing ones.
- Installed and configured new hardware and memory and applied patches as needed.
- Automated system management tasks like user account creation, file system size monitoring, monitor system resources and system maintenance using Shell scripts.
- Monitored system performance using sar, vmstat, Nagios.
- Diagnose and resolve unique issues on Linux platform.
- Provide on call support bi-weekly regarding production issues.
Environment: Redhat 5, 6, AWS, SunFire V480/V490/V240/F4800/E2900, M3000, M4000, HP DL380 G5, HP DL360 G4, VMware, vSphere 4.1.