- IT professional with 8+ years of experience as DevOps Engineer, Build/Release Management, UNIX/Linux administrator and Cloud Management in all phases of SDLC like Analysis, Design, Development, Deploying, Testing and Maintenance of various web - based applications.
- Managing a production infrastructure on Amazon Web Services VPC utilizing AWS Code Deploy, S3, EC2 Container Service, Cloud Formation, including Auto Scaling.
- Experienced Worked on Migration Strategy and developed a POC migrating VMware /On-premise datacenter to AWS utilizing, AWS EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, and Direct Connect .
- Experience in Custom Process design of Transformation via Azure Data Factory & Automation Pipelines.
- Experience in migrating on premise to Windows Azure using Azure Site Recovery and Azure backups.
- Setup AZURE Virtual Appliances (VMs) to meet security requirements as software-based appliance functions (firewall, WAN optimization and intrusion detections).
- Knowledge and Hands-on experience in configuring PCF
- Maintained VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services, Network ACL's and Route Tables in AWS cloud .
- components such as OAuth2
- Extensive experience on Open stack , knowledge in Nagios monitoring Tool, NoSQL like Redis.
- Hands on experience on Terraform open source tool used for building, changing and versioning Infrastructure. Handled multiple providers with terraform simultaneously.
- Extensive experience in creation of Terraform modules to create instances in AWS& automated process of creation of resources is AWS using terraform .
- Hands on experience in managing Chef Cookbook as a unit of software deployment, recipes using Chef, writing Ansible Playbooks for provisioning, patching of virtual and physical instances.
- Expertise in using Ansible to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages and to assist in building automation policies.
- Expertise in using Puppet Dashboard and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Experience working on Docker Hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Experience with creating private cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments.
- Experience in working with EC2 Container Service plugin in JENKINS which automates the Jenkins master-slave configuration by creating temporary slaves.
- Extensively worked on Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins/Bamboo for automation of builds and release.
- Proficient in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT (GitHub) and Bit bucket .
- Created GIT repositories with standard directory layout of a trunk, branches, tags and customized directory based on business/project need.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with Maven release plugins and managing artifacts in Maven internal repository .
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT and Shell . Modified build configuration files including Ant's build.xml.
- Experience is setting up monitoring of operational and performance metrics of our AWS resources and web applications using New Relic, Nagios .
- Worked with Splunk professional services to make the best practices that can be followed by everyone to maintain the performance of Splunk .
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) and used Chef to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers .
- Creating the build script using the ANT as build tool, for Java and .Net web applications.
- Worked on documentation - Chef Basics, Initial setup of Chef, Database implementation , Coding standards, Cookbook document, testing docs.
- Worked with a complex environment on Ubuntu Linux and Windows Servers while ensuring that these systems adhere to organizational standards and policies.
- Automating backups by shell for Linux and PowerShell scripts for windows to transfer data in S3 bucket.
- Experience in Automating, configuring and deploying instances on cloud environments and Data centers. Experience in the areas of DevOps, CI/CD Pipeline, Build and release management, AWS/Azure and Linux/Windows Administration .
- In-depth knowledge of computer applications and scripting like Shell, Bash, Python and XML .
Operating systems: Unix, Linux, Red Hat 4.x, Fedora, Ubuntu, CentOs, Windows
Databases: MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB 2
Cloud computing: AWS (EC2, S3, EBS, ELB), Azure, OpenStack, PCF, GCP
App/Webservers: Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, Web logic
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Chef, Terraform, Puppet, Bamboo, Anthill Pro and Docker
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle, Make, MS build
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, New Relic, Splunk Orchestration Tools Kubernetes
Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT
Scripting languages: Python, Bash, Perl, Power shell
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, Servlets, JSP
Confidential, Austin, TX
Sr Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Configured VM's availability sets using AZURE portal to provide resiliency for IaaS based solution and scale sets using AZURE Resource Manager to manage network traffic.
- Worked as an administrator on Microsoft AZURE and part of DEVOPS Team for internal projects automation and build configuration management. Involved in configuring virtual machines, storage accounts, and resource groups.
- Design data model and creating the schema on SQL Azure .
- Experience in Automating, Configuring and Deploying the Instances on Azure environments and in Data centers also designing Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates.
- Worked on migration of Splunk to AWS (cloud) instances. Involved in standardizing Splunk forwarder deployment, configuration and maintenance across UNIX and Windows platforms.
- Used Cloud watch for giving alerts and monitoring AWS services.
- Created EC2 instances in AWS and assigned roles and permissions using IAM.
- Used Azure Terraform to deploy the AZURE infrastructure necessary to create development, test, and Staging environments for a software development project.
- Created Infrastructure Git repositories for Terraform in order to launch the stacks.
- Worked on provisioning the Kubernetes clusters in AKS and managed the clusters and nodes using kubectl and as command line utilities.
- Bootstrapping instances using Chef and integrating with auto scaling.
- Using ANT, Puppet/ Chef Scripts with Ivy to build the application and deploy.
- Used Azure Kubernetes Service to deploy a managed Kubernetes cluster in Azure and created an AKS cluster in the Azure portal, with the Azure CLI , also used template driven deployment options such as Resource Manager templates and Terraform.
- Worked on Configuration Management tools like Ansible for server provisioning & infrastructure automation.
- Optimized volumes and EC2 instances in AWS and Created Multi Availability Zone VPC instances.
- Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles. Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems.
- Utilized the Docker infrastructure in Centos and Ubuntu for bringing up and managing application containers spawning across multiple deployment environments.
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured Kubernetes .
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes , creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Used Azure Kubernetes Service to deploy a managed Kubernetes cluster in Azure and created an AKS cluster in the Azure portal, with the Azure CLI, also used template driven deployment options such as Resource Manager templates and Terraform.
- Scheduled, deployed and managed container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes . Deployed CoreOS Kubernetes Clusters to manage Docker containers in the production environment with light weight Docker Images as base files.
- Expertise in creating and managing Splunk DB connect Identities, Database Connections, Database Inputs, Outputs, lookups, access controls.
- Expertise to build Jenkins servers and deployment jobs and nexus repo integration.
- Used Kubernetes to cluster the Containers for high availability and to manage different infrastructure resources, like physical machines, VMs and even Docker Containers using Terraform .
- Also, experience writing chef cookbook and recipes to automate the deployment process and to integrating chef cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
- Maintained and administered GIT and DevOps source code tool.
- Administered Git repositories and managed account administration, branching, merging, Patch fixes and snapshots.
- Worked on building and containerizing the applications (CI/CD) and then deploying them onto public and private cloud using Docker and Kubernetes .
- Involved in writing Maven build scripts and POM files for generating java-based artifacts such as JAR, WAR and EAR.
- Developed Ansible playbooks for Splunk in cloud environments with auto scaling for task force initiatives requiring big data analysis.
- Implemented app logging service using logging tool Splunk and deployed stacks using AWS cloud Formation templates.
- Build .NET code on to different Jenkins servers as per the schedule.
- Automated SQL Scripts, Batch Scripts Deployment to staging and production Databases with TFS.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN) on Linux and windows platforms .
- Involved in working for a high scalability and high availability environment running Linux and Windows.
- Automating backups by PowerShell scripts for windows to transfer data in S3 bucket
Environment: Azure, Terraform, Ansible, GIT, MAVEN, Jenkins, AWS Cloud, Docker, PowerShell, Chef, Splunk, Kubernetes, .Net, Database, Windows.
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch.
- Worked in AWS environment, instrumental in utilizing Compute Services (EC2, ELB), Storage Services (S3,Glacier, Block Storage, Lifecycle Management policies), Cloud Formation (JSON Templates), Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, VPC, RDS, Trusted Advisor and Cloud Watch.
- Beanstalk, Lambda, VPC, RDS, Trusted Advisor and Cloud Watch.
- Administered setting up of private networks and sub-networks using Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and creating security groups to associate with the networks in AWS.
- Using terraform we can also customize our infrastructure in AWS configuring various AWS resources.
- Worked with networking teams in configuring AWS Direct Connect to establish dedicated connection to datacenters.
- Implemented automated local user provisioning in instances created in Openstack cloud.
- Deploying the Openstack components on multimode with high availability environment.
- Orchestrated and migrated CI/CD processes using Cloud Formation and Terraform , packer Templates and Containerized the infrastructure using Docker, which was setup in OpenShift, AWS and VPCs
- Used Amazon Route53 to manage DNS zones globally & to give public DNS names to ELB’s and Cloud front for Content Delivery.
- Designed and integrated Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) on AWS and deployed PCF using CF push and urban code deploy
- Used PCF -automation to stand up various foundations.
- Collaborate in the automation of AWS infrastructure via terraform and Jenkins - software and services configuration via chef cookbooks.
- Written Chef cookbooks and recipes to Provision Several pre-production environments consisting of Cassandra DB installations and several middleware installations.
- Created MySQL and other service instances to bind the deployed application in Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
- Fulfilling the role in respects to our chef/Ansible code. Responsible for QA, code merges.
- Experience in managing Ansible Playbooks with Ansible modules , implementing CD automation using Ansible, managing existing servers and automation of configuration of new servers.
- Created various modules and Manifests in Ansible to automate various applications
- Configuring the Docker Containers and Creating Docker files for different Environment.
- Implemented Docke r based Continues Integration and Deployment framework.
- Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Converted and automated builds using Maven . Scheduled automated builds using Jenkins . Created and applied Baselines and Labels for each Build Artifacts.
- Managing AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Automate Continuous Build and Deploy Scripts for Jenkins Continuous Integration tools.
- Created Infrastructure Git repositories for Terraform in order to launch the stacks.
- Migrating the Repo from Subversion to GIT , also convert ant to maven , also setting up Jenkins server.
- End to end deployment ownership for projects on Amazon AWS . This includes Python scripting for automation, scalability, build promotions for staging to production etc.
- Automate the Build and Deploy of all internal Java environments using various continuous integration tools and scripting languages
- Implemented Amazon EC2 setting up instances, virtual private cloud (VPCs) , and security groups. Set-up databases in AWS using RDS, storage using an S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket .
- Used Docker containers to quickly deploy Linux based applications.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2 , Chef, and custom Bash scripts
- Experience in Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and the implementation of micro services in PCF .
Environment: Terraform, Ansible, GIT, MAVEN, Jenkins, AWS, Docker, Chef, Kubernetes, Database, PCF, Open Stack, New Relic, Python scripting, Java, Linux.
Confidential, Louisville, KY
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, AWS CLI.
- Setup up and maintenance of automated environment using Chef Recipes & cookbooks within AWS environment.
- Implemented One Click Deployments using Chef and AWS .
- Manage the configurations of multiple servers using Chef .
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) and used Chef to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Experienced in Installing, Configured and management in Ansible Centralized Server and creating the playbooks to support various middleware application servers, also involved in configuring the Ansible tower as a configuration management tool to automate repetitive tasks.
- Designed, Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system and used Ansible to manage Web apps, Environment configuration files, Users and Packages.
- Setup Continuous Deployment for the various test environments utilizing Bamboo.
- Written Maven scripts, creating new build jobs, Integration testing jobs and deploy jobs in Bamboo to automate the process.
- Expert on setting up the new repos, managing the permissions for various Bitbucket branches.
- Experience in build tools like MAVEN for building deployable artifacts such as war and ear from source code.
- Automated Weekly releases with ANT/ Maven scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository
- Worked on User administration setup, maintaining account, monitor system performance using Nagios .
- Monitoring of EC2 instances using Nagios . Involved in Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Created Bash, shell & python scripts for various Systems Administration tasks to automate repeated processes.
- Used PowerShell for DevOps in Windows-based systems .
- Written basic PowerShell scripts .
- Extensively used Maven, Perl and Bash Scripts for automating build and release tasks.
- Managed SVN as Source Control Systems. Developed scripts using PERL, BASH and BATCH files for Automation of Activities and builds.
- Responsible for Database build, release and configuration
- Created file systems using red hat volume manager and performed health check on all Linux serves.
- Managed Ubuntu Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 using Puppet.
Environment: Ansible, MAVEN, AWS Cloud, PowerShell, Chef, Database, Bamboo, Bit bucket, Nagios, Python scripting, Bash/Shell/Perl Scripting, Linux, GCP.
Sr Build/Release Engineer
- Installed and configured an automation tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Created Puppet manifests for automating server tasks, installing and monitoring
- Setup Jenkins Pipeline for Application specific Infra Code Deployment.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Jenkins CI/CD pipelines build automation experience.
- Used Jenkins as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Created Branches, Labels and performed merges in Stash, GIT .
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT .
- Extensively used ANT tool to do the builds.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant .
- Developed web applications using Python scripting language to design application more flexible.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Python and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Created ANT, Shellscripts for build automation and deployment.
- Development of .NET batch applications which processes high volume of data.
- Deployed MySQL queries for database update and maintained the MySQL server issues.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins in Linux environment.
- Planned, scheduled and Implemented OS patches on Linux boxes as a part of proactive maintenance.
- Support Experience with automation testing tools like Selenium for Java Application.