- Accomplished IT professional of over 20 years of demonstrable superior computer network engineering and customer service satisfaction and successes. Leadership ability in meeting project deadlines within the budget; full dedication and willingness to take on new challenges and increase responsibilities, with full commitment to ethical, integrity, excellence and established standard.
Microsoft Windows Servers O/S, Novell NetWare Servers O/S, DOS, Mac;
Microsoft Windows Workstations O/S, Mobile O/S.
Interactive Intelligence Client I3; Enterprise Communication Center Application; Active Directory; Adobe; ARCServe; BindView; ccMail; Lotus; Exchange 5.5/2003; GroupWise; Heat and Remedy ticketing system; Norton Ghost utility; VMWare - Virtualization; Clustering; SAN Storage Area Network; NAS Network Attached Storage; Failover; Redundancy; Microsoft Office Suites; XP/ 97/2000/2003/2007 ; Novell NetWare OS, GroupWise, NDS, NDPS, PPP/SLIP, Print services, and ZENwork; ConsoleOne; Teleconference; Videoconference; Web conferencing; ARCServe; Netbackup; Norton Utilities; PCAnywhere; Peregrine Service Center 4.1.2; Sametime 3,6,7; Instant Messaging; Windows Remote Assistance; Tivoli; VPN; and Remote Secure Connections; RSA Secure ID; Wireshark; Packet Tracer; Citrix Client; Interactive Intelligence, Cloud Storage.
HTTP, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, UDP, SPX, IPX, NWLINK, NETBEUI, WINS, DNS, DHCP, POP3, SMTP, FTP, TELNET, ICMP, IPSec, MPLS, PPPoE, ARP, Frame Relay etc.
Dell PowerEdge Rack and Tower servers, Latitude; Dell desktops and laptops; Compaq Proliant servers, workstations, laptops; HP servers, workstations; Gateway, laptops; Toshiba; Acer workstations and laptops; IBM Mainframe; Adic Scalar 2000 tape backup system; HP Servers; Dell, Canon, Printers; Toshiba network and local printers, scanners and faxes; Nortel; Linksys; Cisco; CSU/DSU modems; T1, DSL lines; Multiple cisco routers, switches, hubs; patch panels; cabling; PC hardware, network, video, sound cards; cables, memories, hard drives, SCSI, EIDE, IDE; Cell phone and Blackberry.
Technical Support IV
- Support the USPTO call center’s Enterprise Contact Center (ECC) application
- Upgraded the Enterprise Call Center applications from 2.4 to 3.0
- Operated Interactive Voice Response System (IVR) at USPTO
- Record Interactive Voice Messages (standard and urgent) for USPTO-IVR System
- Responsible for IVR changes for emergency and inclement government office closures
- Support, monitor and maintain the Interactive Intelligence Data/Voice Application
- Respond to alarms, alerts or problems identified by tools or clients
- Implemented pre-defined trouble-shooting procedures, scripts and escalate to vendors if needed
- Create ECC Interactive System Users from Windows Active Directory Users in the Domain
- Assign Interactive Intelligence Clients users and groups’ rights, privileges and policies
- Conduct daily systems checks to ensure system performance; correct and alert as needed
- Currently working on upgrading the ECC System to 2016 R3.
- Supervisor - Technology LAN Support and Service desk
- Worked at DHS Data Center with hundreds of servers in a mix network environment
- Troubleshoot and correct various technical problems via Tivoli remote control software
- Provided IT training, assistance and support to Technicians and Users
- Managed, administered, and created Netware and Active Directory users, groups and security accounts in Novell, Microsoft Windows, Mainframe, Remedy etc.
- Managed network alerts from the operation group. Rebooted and reconfigured servers as needed
- Cover the customers help desk telephone line to handle customer’s technical issues, Supported Microsoft Windows Workstations, Printers and Peripherals
- Ensure proper functioning of Microsoft Office, Exchange, Outlook, Lotus notes, Ccmail, Web mail, Blackberry, ensure secure connection of all remote clients
- Manage, Installed and configured network servers, VMWare Virtualization MS Windows, Novell OS
- Provided daily support for system and field engineers and technicians
- Prepared Daily DHS Datacenter Computer Network/Activities Report to the commissioner.
Service Desk/Tech Support
- Responded to users’ calls, e-mails, voice-mails or other contacts to the Service Desk; resolved problems by visiting or over the phone if possible
- Use the AOC’s trouble tracking system (Heat) to document all activities, record service request from AOC staff, review service request histories as a part of each trouble-shooting task and document all resolutions of service calls and adequately documentation in a timely manner
- Ensure proper and secure connection of all remote and roving clients
- Assist other Desk Technicians and AOC service providers with task specific to their objectives
- Provided accessible, courteous, quality and responsive tiers I and II Computer Help Desk support to all AOC staff and their representatives
- Setup and supported both internal and external conferences and teleconferences for AOC staffs
- Monitor VM - Virtual Servers, created Active Directory Users and Netware accounts and objects
- Received and updated computer hardware and software and peripheral inventory as necessary
- Provided backup to other Help Desk team members, technicians and engineers as needed.
- Troubleshot and corrected client’s computers technical problems over the phone
- Covered the customers help desk telephone line to handle customer’s technical issues
- Troubleshoot and correct client’s computers technical problems over the phone
- Responsible for installing and configuring hardware, software and all other computer related applications
- Support all Microsoft Office products and custom applications at the Bureau
- Support Novell, Windows and UNIX combined network
- Created network and Active Directory users and assigned file rights to files and directories
- Ensure safe and continuous network and Internet connectivity of users
- Maintained safe and virus free operation of all network and mobile computers
- Installed and ensured continuous running of the Lotus notes mail system and continuous running of database applications
- Installed and configured computer hardware, software and applications
- Created network objects and assigned appropriate rights/permissions
- Liaison and provided oversight between the regional and field offices and headquarters support staff, and vendors and equipment suppliers.
- Created Active Directory users and groups, assigned rights and privileges on the network
- Troubleshot and corrected network computers on critical security and vulnerability issues
- Migrated clients workstations to Windows XP from Windows 98 and 2000
- Provided desk side support for onsite users on various computer issues
- Resolved software, hardware, and other technical problems over the telephone
- Supported National Science Foundation custom applications (Electronic Jacket and others)
- Ensured consistent network connectivity from the server level back to the desktop
- Provided technical support for regularly scheduled national conferences and workshops.
Senior Network Comm. Specialist
- Upgraded users from Windows 98 to 2000, and from Novell 4.x to Novell 5.x client
- Installed and configured Window 2000 and Novell 5.11 Network Servers
- Installed and configured Windows 2000 and XP Operating System desktops
- Performed full system restoration and deleted and missing files from the back up servers
- Tracked and audited network security using the Blue Lance auditing tool
- Monitored and optimized all system performance and identified potential problems
- Responsible for Server Backups using Veritas Netback-up and ARCServe
- Managed DNS, Active Directory, NDS files and rights, firewall and backups
- Patched and installed Software on Windows and Novell Servers
- Configured network settings and protocols in TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, NETBEUI
- Supported all network hardware, software and applications
- Authored operating procedures manual for configuration and installation of applications
- Managed the branch research and developmental laboratory
- Liaison between the department and computer hardware and software vendors.
- Ran compatibility test of software applications in a Windows2000 environment
- Worked with developers and engineers on functionalities of software
- Created and updated installation procedural manuals and configurations for computer technicians
- Maintained optimum performance level of all desktop applications at NASA
- Upgraded NASA HQ desktops and laptops from Windows95 and McIntosh to Windows 2000
- Supported all network applications on both apple and windows application
- Advised and coordinated the implementation of new software and applications
- Performed several technical and non-technical duties to support clients as needed.
- Designed and implemented the test lab for production equipment to meet specification
- Installed and configured Windows 2000 & NT 4.0, and Novell 5.1 & 4.11 servers
- Hardened and Installed patches and software on servers
- Managed Windows 2000, NT 4.0, Windows ME and Windows workstations and laptops
- Ensure full integration of medical equipment with network computers
- Managed Microsoft Systems Management Servers and Hospital Severs at satellite locations
- Ensure optimum performance of all network equipment including servers, workstations etc.
- Supported ENPS (Electronics News Production System) in a hybrid environment
- Managed Novell, Microsoft NT4, and Exchange Servers
- Performed regular network maintenance and supported News, Broadcasters, Program producers
- Integrated broadcasting equipment with computer network
- Provided technical support for custom applications for news production.
Computer Network Manager
- Installed Novell NetWare 4.11, 5.1 and Windows NT 4.0 servers and all Windows workstations
- Designed, installed, managed, and monitored internet connectivity, firewall, Virtual Private Network (VPN), Border Manager, E-mail (Mercury Pegasus Mail), Virus Protection and effective daily system backup (Arc Serve and Veritas Backup Exec)
- Established LAN to WAN through VPN (IP Tunneling)
- Installed and maintained digital circuits and network equipment including Cisco Routers, Switches, CSU/DSU, cable/DSL modems, T-1
- Designed and implemented the NDS, created users, assigned rights, and security
- Incorporated Windows NT Server into the network assigned file rights
- Conducted regular training classes for the user community
- Responsible for supervising and hiring information technology personnel.