- Around 9 Years of experience in IT industry as DevOps/ Agile operations, Linux Administrator, Build/Release Management, Change/Incident Management and Cloud Management.
- Experienced in all phases of the software development life - cycle (SDLC) with specific focus on the build and release of quality software.
- Extensive experience includes SCM, Change/Incident Management, VMware and AWS Cloud computing.
- Experienced in Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, Lean and most recently Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) practices.
- Hands-on Experience in converting the agile process to the DevOps Framework.
- Successfully automated processes to support continuous software deployments .
- Strong hands on Experience with scripting languages like Python, bash, Perl.
- Experience in Linux Administration (Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Upgrades of Linux (Red Hat and Oracle).
- Experience in working on version control systems like Subversion(SVN) and GIT, ClearCase, Stash used Source code management client tools like Visual SVN, Tortoise SVN, Stash, SourceTree, Git Bash, GitHub, Git GUI and other command line applications etc.
- Expertise with configuration management automation tool Ansible and has worked on integrating Ansible
- Worked in SCM tools - Chef and Puppet for Deployment on Multiple platforms.
- Experience in several AWS services EC2, VPC, S3, Cloud Watch, Auto scaling configurations etc.
- Experience in using Build Automation tools and Continuous Integration concepts by using tools like ANT, Jenkins, Teamcity, QuickBuild, Docker, Buildforge and Maven.
- Installed, configured and administered Continuous Integration tools such as Hudson and Jenkins for automated builds.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN) and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Experienced in troubleshooting and automated deployment to web and application servers like WebSphere, WebLogic, JBOSS and Tomcat.
- Extensive experience in implementing DevOps tools and pipelines using Jenkins, Nexus Artifactory, Chef, Puppet, Docker and Packer etc. for continuous integration and delivery.
- Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy.
- Developed background process infrastructure on top of Windows Azure Queue
- Knowledge of using Routed Protocols: FTP, SSH, HTTP, TCP/IP, and HTTPS.
- Extensive experience in Atlassian, ticketing and tracking tools like JIRA, REMEDY, ClearQuest, Redmine, Bugzilla for Production hotfixes and bugfixes.
- Adapted web application to run in Windows Azure against SQL Azure using Azure Queues for background processing
- Experience in Java, C, C++, C# and manage software Configurations and builds in a UNIX environment.
- Experience in Migration & deployment of Applications with upgrade version of Application & Hardware, MS build, batch script, IIS and Jenkins Administrator.
- Experienced with Handling Cloud environments (AWS and OpenStack)
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining build, deployment scripts for test, Staging and Production environments using ANT, Maven, Shell and Perl scripts.
- Experience with Oracle and MS SQL Server DB Tasks (DML, DDL Executions, Log Rotations, Table space alterations, user management etc.).
- Implemented Release schedules, communicated the Release status, created Roll out Plans, tracked the Project Milestones, prepared the reports and chaired the Release calls and worked for a successful Release.
- Good analytical, problem solving, communication skills and can work either independently with little or no supervision or as a member of a team.
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux(RHEL),CentOS,Fedora,Ubuntu, Unix
Cloud Computing: AWS (EC2, ELB, S3, Cloud formations), OpenStack (Nova, Swift, Glance), Docker containers.
CI Tools: Jenkins (Previously Hudson), Bamboo, AnthillPro, IBM build forge.
Provisioning Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet and Ansible Tower.
Version Control: C V S, Tortoise SVN, G IT, GitHub, ClearCase, TFS.
Network Protocols: FTP, SSH, HTTP, TCP/IP, HTTPS.
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRAAtlassian, Remedy, Bugzilla
Application/Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, JBoss.
Languages/Scripting: C, C ++, C#, P e r l S c ri p t i n g, Bash scripting, Power She l l S c ri p ti n g, S QL, J a v a / J 2 EE, Ruby Python, Bash, .Net.
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra NoSQL Database.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Build servers using AWS includes importing necessary volumes, launching EC2 instances, S3 for object static webpages and created security groups, auto scaling, load balancer, Route 53 and SNS as per architecture using IAAC tools like Cloud formation JSON Templates.
- Worked with Confidential Hyper flex Systems team to structure and automate the process of bringing applications into production.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, Elastic load balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Launched AWS instances using auto-scaling for scaling up and scaling out of EC2 instances while deploying Micro Services into production environment.
- Implemented and designed AWS virtual servers by Ansible roles to ensure deployment of web applications.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks to install, configure and pairing process of clusters for Disaster Recovery .
- Developed Ansible playbooks for automatic deployment and configuration of Linux servers for test environment.
- Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles . Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems
- Created a Self Service Portal (dashboard) using ManageIQ to maintain the status of Ansible Tower Setup and Virtualization Environment.
- Worked on developing procedures to automate various systems and tasks (e.g. automating code builds and deployments) using Jenkins , Git , Docker , ANSIBLE , Cloud formation etc.
- Experienced in ANSIBLE Tower configuration, setup, and playbook setup.
- Used Docker for packaging applications and designed the entire cycle of application development and used Virtualized Platforms for Deployment of containerization of multiple apps.
- Developed procedures to unify, streamline and automate application development and deployment procedures with CLI and Linux container technology using Docker (POC).
- Worked with Kubernetes to manage Docker containers and Implemented CI/CD allowing for deploy to multiple client Kubernetes/ AWS environments.
- Built Jenkins pipeline to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, created pods and managed using Kubernetes
- Develop CI/CD system with Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment, utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build and test and deploy.
- Worked on Jenkins for CI and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Maven to schedule the builds.
- Provide project management for operational infrastructure and configuration deployments.
- Manage Code Repository by maintaining code repository in GIT and improved the practices of branching and code merge to custom needs of development team.
- Managed the Maven Repository using Nexus tool and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects .
- Panned, implemented, and managed Splunk for log management and analytics.
- Deployment and management of Splunk for logging aggregation.
- Designed, implemented and maintainted Splunk log collection solution for the performance Engineering.
- Using Terraform as a tool, Managed different infrastructure resources Cloud, VMware, Bare Metal Servers and Docker containers.
- Developed Networking policies for Docker containers. Worked on open source development tools like Docker Containers, Mesos and Kubernetes.
- Designed workflows, screens, field configurations and components as part of projects definition for JIRA as an administrator.
- Worked with an agile development team to deliver an end-to-end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using Ansible and Jenkins to get the job done.
Environment: Docker, Kubernetes, VMware, GIT, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Terraform, Python Scripting, Shell Scripting, JSON, WebLogic, WebSphere, Bit bucket, GitLab,Linux, Nagios, Splunk, JIRA.
Confidential, Ada, MI
AWS Cloud Engineer
- Created customized Amazon Machine Images based on already existing AWS EC2 instances by using create image functionality snapshot for disaster recovery. Used Boto3 to automate, Auto scaling policy for automating auto-scaling groups, Elastic load balancers, and launch configurations.
- Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation and extensively used Auto scaling launch configuration templates for launching amazon EC2 instances while deploying Micro services.
- Worked on Life cycle hooks to keep instances in wait state, perform preproduction tasks, and then launch EC2 instances while deploying into production environment.
- Developed infrastructure with automation in AWS (EC2, Lambda, EBS, RDS, Dynamo, ELB, and BOTO3) with AWS cloud formation templates. Created and designed the AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, NAT subnets, for deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Create, modify and execute DDL and ETL scripts for de-normalized tables to load data into Hive and AWS Redshift tables.
- Used the continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins for automating/Scheduling the build processes and used Jenkins along with Shell or Python scripts to automate routine jobs. CI/CD tools to implement Blue - Green deployment methodology for reducing time in Production environment.
- Involved in writing and editing the existing ANT and DOCKER(Build.XML) files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT, MAVEN andDOCKERas build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tool in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments and create new jobs and branches through Jenkins.
- Experience in managing the artifacts generated by MAVEN in the Nexus repository.
- Worked on Maven to create artifacts from source code and deploy them in Nexus central repository for internal deployments.
- Automated the entire Importing and Compilation process.
- Deployed built artifacts to WebLogic application server using MAVEN.
- Built Continuous Integration environment (Jenkins, Nexus and Continuous delivery environment (puppet, Yum, (CI and CD process) Using Jenkins, Nexus, Yum and ANSIBLE.
- Automated various service and application deployments with ANSIBLE on CentOS and RHEL.
- Created ANSIBLE supported YAML scripts to restart JBoss, Tomcat , and Jetty servers through GUI.
- Supported ANSIBLE tower backup and security process.
- Implemented CI and CD for application using Jenkins as CI tool for integrating different tools like GitHub, Maven, Junit, and Nexus Artifactory and used ANSIBLEas configuration management tool for continuous deployment into testing, staging and Production Environment.
- Implemented Ansible to deploy the builds for Dev, QA and production. Automation of infrastructure by creating.
- Developed Ansible Playbooks to install and configure Apache Tomcat , Jenkins , Rundeck and deployment automation .
- Installed/Configured and Managed Nexus Repository Manager.
- Coordinated application release with Developer, DBA, QA and Project Management teams.
- Worked on Tomcat Web server for hosting web apps.
- Wrote Ansible scripts to manage the creation of EC2 instances, ELBs, Route53 entries, Amazon Security Groups, customized Tomcat applications, Apache web servers and other miscellaneous items in a Linux environment.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's, whenever a new GitHub branch gets started.
- Installed Docker Registry for local upload and download of Docker images and even from Docker hub.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Migrated from Chef to Ansible for Deployment process.
- Initially thought of using Kubernetes the finally decided to use Docker swarm because Docker swarm is integrated with Docker daemon.
- Used Heapster monitoring platform on Kubernetes to report detailed resource usage information.
- Extensive use of Perforce for source code tracking and deployment, and Bugzilla for bug tracking.
- Worked on Terra form for automating VPCs, ELBs, security groups, SQS queues, S3 buckets, and continuing to replace the rest of our infrastructure.
Environment: SVN, Jenkins, Nexus, Maven, Web Sphere Application Server (WAS), Web Logic, UNIX, Ansible,Perl, Oracle 10g/11g, Shell Script, Bitbucket,Bugzilla, JIRA.
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Worked for Software Configuration Engineer Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Managed the configuration of Web App and Deployed to AWS cloud server through Chef.
- Manage source control repository in Subversion- controlling and monitoring check-in's & create tags for builds.
- Involved in Chef-infra maintenance including backup/monitoring/security fix and on Chef Server backups.
- Worked on EC2, Lambda, ELB, VPC, Kinesis, OpsWorks, SES, SQS, SNS, SWF, RDS.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Chef and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Migrating a production infrastructure into an Amazon Web Services (AWS) utilizing AWS Cloud formation, Code Deploy, Chef and EBS.
- Used Amazon web servers for continuous delivery systems.
- Automated setting up server infrastructure for the DevOps services, using Chef, shell and python scripts.
- Extensively worked with version control systems like GIT, CVS, Perforce version, Subversion control systems.
- Developed Python career path through while working on Python projects.
- Completely responsible for automated infrastructure provisioning (Windows and Linux) using Chef Scripts.
- Extensive experience with Linux environments like centos, RHEL, Ubuntu.
- Responsible for automated deployment of java application in Tomcat Server using Chef scripts.
- Designed and implemented Chef, including the internal best practices, cookbooks, automated cookbook CI and CD system. Made use of Jenkins for Chef CI, Thor for versioning, Berkshelf for dependency management, and Test-Kitchen for testing and development.
- Configured and monitored multiple servers using Chef. Defined Chef Server and Workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Installed Chef Server Enterprise on premise/workstation/bootstrapped the nodes using knife and automated by testing Chef recipes/cookbooks with test-kitchen/chef spec.
- Create RunDeck jobs to integrate with our Jenkins CI process and call Chef on the deployment servers.
- Worked on Configuration management tool Chef and Docker for continuous delivery. Rewritten recipes for new environments.
- Installed uDeploy, Deploy server agents and doing deployments in various environments.
- Created a Python process hosted on Elastic Beanstalk to load the Redshift database daily from several sourcesystems, including FTP and SFTP servers and an Oracle database.
- Migration of Bamboo and control tier along with build servers, Hands on experience in Python, Amazon Web Services (S3, EC2, Lambda, RedShift, SNS, Cloud Formation), SQL Server 2008 Database.
- Proposed branching strategies for using Version Control Systems like GIT, ClearCase, Stash, GitHub& Subversion.
- Installed Sonar and managed it as a Code Quality Analysis tool to track the trending.
- Used Jenkins as a CI tool for performing the build automation.
- Written shell scripts to monitor the logs after deployments and send emails automatically.
Environment: Java/J2EE, Tortoise SVN, Jenkins, AWS, Chef, Docker, ANT, MAVEN, GIT, Web Sphere, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML,LINUX, UNIX, C#, VB.NET, ADO.NET, ASP, ASP.NET , Oracle10g/11g, JIRA, Python Scripting.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Performed software configuration/release management activities for three different Java applications.
- Designed and implemented Continuous Integration process using tools like Hudson with approval from development and other affected teams. Defined processes to build and deliver software baselines for internal as well as external customers.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, download pre-written modules from puppet-forge. Migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Deployed mcollective for orchestration. Wrote custom mcollective plugins to deal specifically with our needs.
- Designing and implementing fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment By Using Technologies like Puppet.
- Designed continuous delivery tools/ configuration management tools like Puppet .
- Installed, configured and managed Puppet Master and Agent.
- Automated the apache installation and its components using Puppet .
- Converted old builds using MAKE to ANT and XML for doing Java build.
- Extensive understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Project / Program Management within Agile/Lean environments.
- Created and maintained built wrapper scripts using PERL.
- Built an open source cloud storage explorer which formed the base of the Microsoft's official cross-platform explorer for Azure.
- Prepared Role based Access group and Control document for the Pega Workflow team.
- Contributed code to open source projects like Deis, Dokku and Meteor to run on Azure and Windows
- Built CI pipelines, two of which are used by Azure Engineering and Cloud Foundry.
- Build Java code and .NET code on to different Jenkins servers as per the schedule.
- Migrating J2EE, PHP, .NET, and Cold Fusion applications to UNIX and Windows environments by configuring application via IDE Eclipse, Subversion, and ANThillPro.
- Configuring ANThillPro as a common build engine to build and promote applications to DEV, QMG, UAT, PROD, and DR to UNIX environments.
- Working closely with Web Administrators to setup an automated deployment for SharePoint applications using Anthill and SVN Tools.
- Maintained and executed build scripts by coordinating with development and QA teams.
- Create/Maintain custom build scripts in Java/PERL. Develop Rational ClearQuest schemas and tailored the tools with custom PERL and VB Scripts.
- Deployed the EAR and WAR archives into WebLogic and Apache Servers.
- Configured and Maintained Apache web servers for Release Management Team's internal use.
- Created and Maintained Subversion repositories, branches and tags.
- Migrating J2EE, PHP, .NET, and Cold Fusion applications to UNIX and Windows environments by configuring application via IDE Eclipse, Subversion, and Anthill.
- Acted as an Integrator for performing merge, rebase and baseline operations.
- Enforced development policies using Subversion hooks and other metadata.
- Attend forum for management of release weekly meetings. Monitor progression of releases and keep them on track for delivery on planned release date.
- Submit request for implementation to various groups who participate in release.
- Assemble Release Kit and complete all paperwork, including implementation/back out plans.
- Turnover documentation monitors status of actual production turnover.
Environment: Java/J2EE, ANT, Maven, Subversion, Puppet, Linux, Azure, Shell/Perl Scripts, Python, SCM, GIT, AnthillPro, Tomcat, Jira.
Build and Release Engineer
- Created and enforced Configuration Management policies and procedures, project configuration management, adhere to the Company policy, was successful in implementing it.
- Involved in Completing software builds and elevations, creating directories and security groups, and recreating prior versions.
- Coordinating the resources by working closely with Project Manager’s for the release and Project Manager for all the Operational Projects.
- Involved in the product release activities, including Change Control Management, Release Management and Version Management using SVN tool.
- Monitored software, hardware, and/or middleware updates and utilizing technologies like Jenkins/Hudson, Ant, MS Build and Subversion(SVN).
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the CVS/Subversion(SVN) repositories and the access control strategies.
- Created the branches in CVS and Subversion(SVN) to implement the parallel development process.
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts rose during the merge in both CVS and Subversion(SVN).
- Established processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes.
- Wrote ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process.
- Worked on the transition project, which involves migration activities from ANT to MAVEN to standardize the build across all the applications.
- Carried Deployments and builds on various environments using continuous integration tool.
- Installed and Configured Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Involved in User Management and Plugin Management for Jenkins.
- Used Jenkins to perform automated Builds and Deployments.
- Managed the Maven Repository using Nexus tool and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to Tomcat Application servers in an agile continuous integration process and automated the whole process.
- Production support of Apache and Tomcat including installation, configuration, management, and troubleshooting.
- Worked closely with Development team and QA team for product releases.
- Documented project’s software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
Environment: SVN, CVS, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Tomcat, Perl, Shell Script, Oracle.