- To obtain a position that will make vital use of my experience,, and knowledge.
- Network Engineer with 17 years of experience in an Information Technology environment.
- Experience includes the design, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance, and monitoring of Enterprise Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks, Wireless Local Area Network and Network Security Perimeter.
- Possess strong knowledge of maintaining recorded databases, planning, operation and development of customer support to the organization.
- Experience includes providing medical triage, treatment, decontamination of casualties, search & extraction during CBRNE events. security cleARance
Computer Systems: FAM, Advanced Computer Networking, Electric Motor Principles, Soldering Connect Concepts, Advanced Electronics, AC Circuits, DC Circuits, Solid - State Theory, Trans/ Recvr Systems, Solid-State Applications, Integrated Circuits Analysis, and Telecommunications Systems Apprentice, INFOCON certified, REMEDY, Cisco, Situational Self Leadership.
Hardware: Windows NT thru 10 Operating Systems. Cisco Switches (2000 series), Cisco routers (2000, 3000, 6000 series), Extreme Networks (all routers, switches, wireless router, wireless access points, Network Access Control, NetSight), media converters, Fiber optics (Single mode and Multimode), OTDR, Fiber splicing, and T1 lines, multimeter, Oscilloscopes, audio test sets, DC power supplies, frequency counters, signal generators, ground resistance testers, power supplies, soldering equipment, watt meters, voltage & continuity testers, Juniper Pulse (VPN administration and management) etc.
Software: Interaction Client, Interaction Administrator, Interaction Supervisor,Interaction Servers Active Directory, (IIS), Orion Network Performance Monitor, Citrix, DNS Records
Telephony: ACD Phone Systems & Interaction Intelligence, Avaya Definity G3 Port, MSL 1000, DMS 100, Toshiba, Mitel, Lucent, Cisco, Meridian, modems, multiplexing de-multiplexing, routers, switches, NIU (Network Interface Units), attendant consoles, and OAU (Office Alarm Units), STE, STU, Avaya VOIP.
Cabling Insfrastructure: Inside plant and Outside plant
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Plans and performs network - engineering research, design development, network projects and other assignments in conformance with network design, engineering and customer specifications.
- Monitor network and network peripheral devices to detect, troubleshoot problem areas as needed, and report network events affecting operational availability of the network.
- Prepare and provide network performance statistics and reports
- Perform testing on network equipment before deployment into production environment.
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Collaborate with department leaders to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Ensure network connectivity of all routers, switches, firewalls, servers, workstations, telephony equipment, other network appliances, and network protocols used within the environment (802.1q, HSRP, OSPF, BGP, NAT, ACLs, IPSEC, and SNMP. VLAN Tagging/Egress, OSPF, MPLS, OPTEWAN, BGP).
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of policies, procedures, and associated plans for network qualification, administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Oversee and execute new and existing equipment hardware and software upgrades.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Design and implement network communications systems.
- Provide 3rd level support to helpdesk and other IT functional areas for network communication issues.
- Work with project groups as a subject matter expert to procure, design, implement and maintain IT systems.
- Work with global Confidential companies and business partners to design, implement, maintain, troubleshoot and monitor various communications links across diverse communications platforms and networking environments.
- Plans and performs network-engineering research, design development, network projects and other assignments in conformance with network design, engineering and customer specifications.
- Management of Cisco routing configuration, Access Control List (ACLs), Policy routes, VLAN ACLs, HSRP, VRRP, VPN tunnels, etc. within multiple federal installations
- Management of LAN & WAN switching to include configuring VLANs, Switchports for server connectivity, spanning tree, etherchannel, 802.1q trunking, content switching, port spans
- Monitor network and network peripheral devices to detect, respond, and report network events affecting operational availability of the network.
- Perform testing on equipment before deployed to assigned location
- Monitors Firewall for intrusion detections.
- Document and track all network testing, outages, maintenance incident issues, and trouble calls to final resolution.
- Intervenes on Remedy trouble tickets requiring intensive customer support related to network design issues.
- Compiles daily statistical reports of Systems Control performance.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Network Operations Engineer
- Monitor network and network peripheral devices using HP Open View, Netcool, NT Manage (NMS- Network Monitoring Suite) both classified and unclassified, Confidential (Network Information Suite) to detect, respond, and report network events affecting operational availability of the network, user service levels, support to critical applications, and core services to the AFNOSC and others as appropriate. Configure, and maintain monitoring software above
- Install, upgrade, and test a variety of software essential to the mission
- Perform BlackBerry Device installation and upgrade for 7510 handheld devices (Blackberry device Operating Systems software to version 4.0)
- Create and remove a user from the BlackBerry Server using BlackBerry Enterprise Server Management
- Utilizes Enterprise Administrator, Active Directory, and Directory & Resources to reset passwords, unlock, enable, disable, create, and delete accounts on both classified and unclassified, and configure permissions
- Exchange Administration 2000/2003 (Server installation, configurations, creating policies, and optimizing performance)
- Manage network user accounts, network rights and access to network environment
- Install security patches to network devices
- Perform testing and update test status of vital communication systems hourly or as directed.
- Implement, track, document and report compliance with Time Compliance Network Orders (TCNOs) directed by AFNOSC and INOSC East. Review all C4 NOTAMs for applicability to all theater unique information systems
- Issue SITREPs (situation/incident reports) and OPREP to document and report significant network events affecting theater level systems
- Provide technical assistance using troubleshooting techniques to solve a wide range of both software and hardware computer conflicts and configurations via SMS or on customer location
- Monitors Firewall for intrusion detections.
- Document and track all network testing, outages, maintenance incident issues, and trouble calls to final resolution
- Intervenes on Remedy trouble tickets requiring intensive customer support and sensitive handling affecting VIPs
- Compiles daily statistical reports of Systems Control performance data used by the Communications Commander and office
Confidential, Columbia, SC
Information Technology Specialist
- Acts as network security and monitor all usage of the base network for any malicious attacks within the system.
- Report security breaches and distribute security information accordingly to AFI 33-138 and local policies.
- Uses diagnostic equipment along with the knowledge of troubleshooting principles and methods to perform initial client workstation diagnostics and troubleshooting of client Windows NT and XP workstations assigned to them.
- Install network software and assist customers with installation and customization.
- Create/Configure/move/maintain mailboxes
- Create public/personal/private folders/distribution lists
- Perform Directory Service support; ability to create directories on shared drives and assign/grant permissions.
- Manage accounts, network rights and access to network environment
- Configure, optimize and test network servers, routers and switches to ensure compliance
- Install, test, maintain and upgrade network operating systems SW/HW
- Set access control lists on routers
- Examines potential security violations and assess impact/preserve evidence
- Support, monitor, test and troubleshoot hardware and software IA problems
- Recommend and schedule IA related repairs to the network environment
- Provide end-user support for all IA related applications for the network environment
- Analyze patters of non-compliance and take administrative or programmatic actions
- Ensure HW/SW, data and facility resources are archived, sanitized or disposed
- Diagnose and resolve IA problems in response to customer reported incidents
- Assess the performance of IA security controls within the network environment
- Research, evaluate and provide feedback on problematic IA trends
- Evaluate potential IA security risks and take corrective action
- Perform system audits to assess security-related factors within the network environment
- Install perimeter defense systems including intrusion detection system, firewalls, grid sensors, and enhance rule-sets to block malicious traffic
- Write and maintain scripts for the networking environment
- Support the design and execution of exercise scenarios and Security Test and Evaluations (as part of the and accreditation process)
- Assists with maintaining, planning, and the development of customer support to the organization