- CCNP and CCNA certified with over 9 years of professional experience in Network Planning, Implementing, Configuring, Troubleshooting and testing of networking system on both Cisco and Juniper Networks.
- Experience with the escalation problems & point - of-contact for Routing, Switching and WAN connectivity issues using ticketing system Remedy.
- Technical responsibilities included, but were not limited to system performance and troubleshooting virtual and physical environments of various LAN/WAN technologies, server and enterprise applications and desktop technologies.
- Worked on Cisco 7200, 3800, 3600, 2900, 2800, 2600, 1800 series Router and Cisco 2900, 3500, 4500, 5500, 6500 series switch.
- Experience of routing protocols like EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, and BGP and setup of Access-Lists, and RIP, EIGRP, and tunnel installations.
- Proficiency in configuration of VLAN setup on various Cisco Routers and Switches.
- Installed and configured Meraki (MS250, MS210) and MR84, MR250.
- Experienced in trouble-shooting both connectivity issues and hardware problems on Cisco based networks.
- Well experienced in configuring gateway redundancy protocols like HSRP, GLBP, and VRRP.
- Sound knowledge in CISCO firewalls, CISCO PIX, ASA 5500 series and CISCO ASA as well as encryption techniques.
- Experience with the implementation of multicast/MPLS/l2vpn.
- Experience in Network Management Tools and sniffers like SNMP, HP-Open view, Wireshark and Cisco works to support 24 x 7 Network Operation Center.
- Experience in physical cabling, IP addressing and Subnetting with VLSM, configuring and supporting TCP/IP, DNS, installing and configuring proxies.
- Access control server configuration for RADIUS & TACAS+.
- Expertise with 802.11x wireless technology.
- Worked on Meraki firewalls, switching and wireless, including support for ISE, QOS, and SDWAN on these devices.
- Ability to Install, Manage & Troubleshoot Large Networks & Systems Administration on Windows & Linux platforms in Development, Lab & Production Environments.
- Good knowledge of CISCO NEXUS data center infrastructure with 5000 and 7000 series switches includes (5548, 7010) including CISCO NEXUS Fabric Extender (2232, 2248)
- Sound knowledge of virtual firewalls like checkpoint VSX, IDS, IPS as well as encryption techniques.
- Good Knowledge on Juniper SRX configurations on various platforms of Junos.
- Installed and configured firewalls, IPS, IPSec, VPNs and various screens for intrusion prevention on Juniper SRX equipment.
- Juniper hardware support of MX960e, MX480e, M10, M120, M320, T1600, T640, and Tellabs 8860.
- Managed Datacenter of F5 load balancers, Cisco 4500, Juniper M120 and Extreme switches
- Support for Juniper M120 & J series, Cisco 3745, 6500, Extreme Summit, GPRS CGSN, and Memotec switch.
- Devised and Implemented procedures for configuration and management of up to 400 Juniper Ex3300 access switches, including planning and development of a standard configuration template.
- Upgrade network equipment, software and hardware components and system configuration.
- Maintain technical detailed documentation of LAN and WAN systems and applications.
- Juniper firewall rules deployments.
- Expertise on Cisco IOS, Cisco IOS-XR, Cisco CatOS, Cisco NX-OS, JUNOS.
- Expertise with monitoring tools like Solar Winds & network packet capture tools like Wire-shark
Cisco & other vendor Equipment: Nexus 9K, 7K, 5K, 2K & 1K, Cisco routers & Cisco Catalyst switches PIX Firewall, ASA, Cisco ACE Load Balancers and Checkpoint (IP Series/NGX R65/IPSO)
Routing Protocols: RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP,HSRP, VRRP & GLBP
Network Management: Solar Winds, SNMP, Cisco Works, Wireshark
Infrastructure services: DHCP, DNS, SMTP, FTP, and TFTP
LAN Technologies: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, & 10 Gigabit Ethernet, SDWAN Port- channel, VLANS, VTP, STP, RSTP, 802.1Q
WAN Technologies: Frame Relay, ISDN, ATM, MPLS, leased lines & exposure to PPPDS1, DS3, OC3, T1 /T3 & SONET
Network Security: NAT/PAT, Ingress & Egress Firewall Design, VPN ConfigurationDynamic, Reflexive ACL, and authentication AAA (TACACS+ RADIUS)
Platforms: Cisco IOS-XR, Cisco Cat OS, Cisco IOS (11.x, 12.x), PIX IOS (6.7.x), CAT-OS UNIX, LINUX, Windows XP, NT, 2000, 2003
Juniper: Juniper ISG-2000 firewalls, Juniper
SSG-20 firewalls: , Cisco content server switch (load balancer), Juniper EX switches, Juniper JunOS, Juniper ScreenOS, Juniper M10i, Juniper M7i. Brocade VDX/VCS 6720, 6730, Brocade MLX-4, MLX-8, MLX-1
Confidential, Parsippany, NJ
Sr. Network Engineer
- Deployed and maintained security/network devices and data centers for Service provider network.
- Involved in the configuration & troubleshooting routing protocols like MP-BGP, OSPF, LDP, EIGRP, RIP, BGP v4, and MPLS.
- Experience with Installing and troubleshooting Data center migration with 24/7 support.
- Expert in configuring Cisco Routers, Catalyst Switches, Nexus Switches.
- Upgraded Cisco 6500, 3750, 2960s, Nexus 5000 , Nexus 2000 and Nexus 7000 switch software.
- Worked extensively with ASR 9K ( 9010/9922 ), Nexus 7000, 5000, 2000, Cisco 6500 series multilayer switches, Cisco 2960s series switches and Cisco 3560/3750s switches.
- Monitor performance of network appliances and WAN utilizing using network analyzer like Wireshark.
- Experience with the connectivity of Cisco Networking Equipment with F5 Load Balancer.
- Configuration and providing management support for Palo Alto and Checkpoint Firewalls (R75, R76 and R77).
- Configuration, Troubleshooting, and Maintenance of Palo Alto Firewalls (36+ firewalls ) - PA200, PA2000 series, PA3000 series, PA4000 series and PA5000 series.
- Design and configuring of OSPF, BGP on Juniper Routers (MX960, MX480 ) and SRX Firewalls (SRX240 , SRX550 ).
- Successfully configured and maintained Site to Site IPSEC and SSL VPN's on Palo Alto firewalls.
- Palo Alto design and installation (Application and URL filtering, Threat Prevention, Data Filtering).
- Helped installed F5 VIPRION load balancers for one of our new data centers.
- Install and upgrade Cisco Wireless LAN equipment including but not limited to: 1100, 1200, 1300 and 3500 series Access Points ; 4400 and 5500 series Wireless LAN controllers; 6500 & 3750 Core switch routers; 2960, 3560 & 3750 series switches.
- Experience with configuring Hot Standby Routing Protocol (HSRP) and VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP).
- Monitor and troubleshoot BGP, EIGRP, TI circuits, and cellular backup circuits via ICMP and SNMP ticketing systems.
- Experience with installing and configuring Spanning Tree Protocol, BPDU Guard, Port-Fast, Up-Link Fast, Trunking (dot1q and ISL) and Ether channel on Campus Network Design Architecture.
- Working on Cisco 6509 and 4507 series switches for LAN requirements that include managing VLANs, Port Security and troubleshooting LAN issues.
- Worked with SolarWinds tool monitoring NET Flow and on various applications like SQL Server, Linux, Active Directory and Exchange 2016.
- Implementing Citrix NetScaler 10 for Networking and Traffic Optimization (CCA) (BETA ).
- Performed load balancing and application level redundancy by deploying F5 BIG-IP LTM 3900.
- Experience with design and implementation of Data center migration at NBC Universal.
- Performed installation and configuration Cisco Secure Access Control Server (ACS) configuration for AAA (RADIUS) authentication.
- Working on Enterprise AV Solutions, IDS\IPS, Firewalls, and SIEM (IBM QRadar\HP ArcSight) tools.
- Expertise in networking technologies like LAN, MAN, WAN and peripheral devices.
- Developed Engineering Documentations to record F5 environment and change processes LTM/GTM/iRules.
Confidential, Louisville, KY
Sr. Network Engineer
- Involved in the team for designing and Configured Nexus 7000/5000/2000 switches in a Multi-Tenancy environment using VPC, VDC & VRF.
- Configured and designed LAN networks with Access layer switches such as Cisco 4510, 4948, 4507 switches.
- Used and maintained routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF and BGP on the ISR Router models like 2951, 3845, 3945, 7206 in the network & also worked on BGP Route Reflectors, Confederations.
- Create and test Cisco router and switching operations using OSPF routing protocol, ASA Firewalls, and MPLS switching for stable VPNs.
- Migration of existing IPSEC VPN tunnels from one Data Center to another Data Center.
- Experience with implementing Cisco 6500 VSS at the distribution/core switches.
- Configuring Vlan’s, VTP’s, enabling trunks between switches.
- Experience configuring Virtual Device Context in Nexus 7010.
- Plan Design and assist in deploying enterprise wide Network Security and High Availability Solutions for ASA.
- Worked on Extensively on Cisco Firewalls, Cisco PIX (506E/515E/525) & AMP, ASA 5500(5510/5540) Series.
- Worked extensively in Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco ASA 5500 with ACL, NAT, Object Groups, Failover, Multi-Contexts.
- Experience in upgrading fast Ethernet, Layer 3 switched/routed LAN infrastructure from Cisco 3640 to Cisco 2811 ISR routers and switches at access level to 2950, 3550.
- Configured VLANs with 802.1q tagging. Configured Trunk groups, ether channels, and Spanning tree for creating access/distribution and core layer switching architecture.
- Implemented DHCP, DNS, IPAM configuration on the servers to allocate, resolute the IP addresses from Subnet.
- Worked with TACACS+ and RADIUS Servers.
- Familiar with various MSIT Tools to check Networking Connectivity, Testing, Configuration and Adding or removal of IP address blocks, Decommission or Adding the Devices.
- Checking the Access-list configuration and uploading them in the Solar winds, which make the ORPOS (Oracle Retail Point-of- Service) rollouts easily.
- Worked in UNIX and Linux environment and involved in installing and configuring all the Linux servers in the network per specifications of clients.
- Monitoring the network traffic with the help of Qradar and Cisco IPS event viewer.
Confidential, Appleton, WI
Network Deployment Engineer
- Configuring routing protocols OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, MPBGP, LDP and BGPV4.
- Implemented DHCP, DNS, IPAM configuration on the servers to allocate, resolute the IP addresses from Subnet.
- Configuring HSRP between VLANs, Configuring Ether-Channels, Port Channel on 6500 catalyst Switches.
- Switches Replace branch hardware with new 2851 routers and 2960 switches.
- Configuring and troubleshooting Juniper Netscreen Firewalls using NSM.
- Migrate, upgrade and patch management for Fortinet and checkpoint Firewalls
- Conversions to BGP WAN routing, which converts WAN routing from OSPF to BGP (OSPF is used for local routing only) that involves new wan links.
- Configuring various advanced features (Profiles, monitors, iRules, Redundancy, SSL Termination, Persistence, SNATs, HA on F5 BIG-IP appliances SSL termination and initiation, Persistence, Digital Certificates, Executed various migration/upgrade projects across F5 and hands-on with F5 BIG-IP LTMs/EM.
- Configured various BGP attributes such as Local Preference, MED, Extended Communities, Route-Reflector clusters, Route-maps and route policy implementation.
- Actively participated in upgrading fast Ethernet, Layer 3-switched/Routed LAN infrastructure from Cisco 3640 to Cisco 2811 ISR routers and switches at access level to 2950, 3550.
- Converting CatOS to Cisco IOS Config Conversion on distribution layer switches.
- Configuring VLANs, VTP & enabling trunks between switches.
- Install, configure, manage and troubleshoot Cisco SourceFire IPS appliances and defense Center.
- Configured VLANs with 802.1q tagging. Configured Trunk groups, ether channels, and Spanning tree for creating Access/distribution and core layer switching architecture.
- Configured various Router interfaces like ATM interface, T3 & Channelized T1 interfaces.
- Configuring and troubleshooting Cisco catalyst 6509, 7609, 7613 with Supervisor cards, Cisco 3640, Cisco GSR 12416, 21418 (with PRP and RPR processors).
- Experience working with Cisco IOS-XR on the ASR9000 devices for MPLS deployments
- Experience with migrating from OSPF to BGP WAN Routing protocol
- Implemented Site-to-Site VPNs over the internet utilizing 3DES, AES/AES-256 with PIX Firewalls
- Configured, Installed, Maintained and involved in troubleshooting edge routers that has router models like 2951, 3845, 3925
- Installation and Configuration of Cisco Catalyst switches 6500, 3750 & 3550 series and configured routing protocol OSPF, EIGRP, BGP with Access Control lists implemented as per Network Design Document and followed the change process as per IT policy It also includes the configuration of port channel between core switches and server distribution switches
- Experience with setting up MPLS Layer 3 VPN cloud in data center and also working with BGP WAN towards customer
- Experience with moving data center from one location to another location, from 6500 based data center to Nexus based data center
- Experience in communicating with different customers, IT teams in gathering the details for the project
- Configuration 7609, 7606 with OSPF and catalyst 6505, 4500, 3550 switches with various VLAN.
- Create and test Cisco router and switching operations using OSPF routing protocol, ASA Firewalls, and MPLS switching for stable VPNs
- Redesign of Internet connectivity infrastructure for meeting bandwidth requirements
- Configured HSRP and VLAN trucking 802.1Q, VLAN Routing on Catalyst 6500 switches
- Optimized performance of the WAN network consisting of Cisco 3550/4500/6500 switches by configuring VLANs
- Configured BPDU Guard, port-fast, uplink fast and other spanning tree features
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco 2500, 2600, 3000, 6500, 7500, 7200 Series routers
- Experience in WAN technologies like T1/T3, DS3,STM1 and STM4 circuit types
- Configured Security policies including NAT, PAT, VPN, Route-maps and Access Control Lists
- Worked on F5 LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, 8800 for the corporate applications and their availability
- Worked on Cisco Routers, Active /Passive Hubs, Switches, Cisco PIX Firewall, Nortel VPN Concentrators TCP/IP, NAT and Checkpoint ESX/GSX firewall
- Having Data Center Design Experience, installing and Configuring Network Devices in a Data Center including patching the cables in the Patch Panel. Design and implemented network infrastructure and configured the entire network Infrastructure devices including Network Printers and Register
- Hands-on experience in the network management of circuits using TDM and Frame Relay network, performing configuration and provisioning management, fault management and performance monitoring
- Provided Level 1 Support for Broadband Connection to Virgin Media customer
- Worked As a Technical Support Executive under Virgin Media.
- Received inbound calls of technical nature, independently resolved customer complaints, concerns and inquiries regarding their Internet connection.
- Managed LAN and Wireless Network and performed troubleshooting On LAN, WLAN, Customer Modems (NTL 250, TERAYON, and MOTOROLA) And CPE Router (Cisco-Linksys, Belkin, D-LINK and Dynamode).
- Set up Home Network and provided troubleshooting and full support on virgin- media security Software (PC-guard).
- Troubleshoot a wide range of technical support issues and connectivity problems such as authentication, connection speed, e-mail configuration, and loss of synchronization.
- IOS upgrades on catalyst series switches like 2900, 3560, 3750.
- Troubleshoot TCP/IP problems and connectivity issues in multi-protocol Ethernet environment.
- Implemented trunking protocols like 802.1q on 3750 switches.
- Configured ACLs to provide accessibility and restrict unauthorized users.
- Involved in maintaining STP, RSTP and PVST+ for the catalyst switches I worked on.
- Configured and maintained RIP, OSPF and routing protocols on 2600 and 3600 series Cisco routers.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting of connectivity problems using Ping, Traceroute.
- Assisted in racking and stacking.
- Technical assistance for LAN/WAN management and customer issues.
- Other responsibilities also included documentation.