- Experienced Information - Security Specialist with a broad-range of technical and management skills in search of an Information Assurance position with a growing organization.
Confidential, Washington DC
Information System Security Officer
- Information System Security Officer (ISSO) for USDA networks; managing system Assessment and Authorization (A&A) Packages.
- Oversight of security assessments to ensure compliance with FISMA requirements (FIPS, NIST, etc.).
- Supports technical security assessments of applications and infrastructure, security design reviews as well as risk assessments.
- Experience with drafting Privacy Impact Assessments, Privacy Threshold Analyses, as well as Business Impact Analyses, and System Security Plans
- Experience with tools, techniques, and necessary procedures to effectively hunt, detect, contain a variety of adversaries and to remediate incidents.
- Drafting SPLUNK security audit reports
- Monitoring and analyzing log events using Splunk
- Configuration of scheduled vulnerability scanning and the establishment of monthly POA&M review meetings with stakeholder
- Assist with develop and implementation of the penetration testing strategy, processes and procedures.
- System penetration testing utilizing Nessus, Nmap, Wireshark, VMWare, Kali Linux
- Lead for the Vulnerability Management Program to ensure timely remediation
- Proficiency in manual and automated techniques for penetration testing and executing red team engagements
- Provide direct advise to the system owner on the security posture and offering cost saving solution.
- Basic installation and maintenance of computer systems including software and hardware on desktops and laptops
- Resolve internet and network access issues
- Monitoring and analyzing network traffic using Wireshark
- Provide orientation and training to office personnel and new interns.
- Technical writing of policies, SOP’s and guidelines.
- Conducted IT-Security standards/compliance audits and assessments
- V ulnerability analysis and consultation of the Research Information System Enterprise Network architecture.
- Perform the activities necessary to ensure effective delivery of application security services across the enterprise.
- Supports the creation of meaningful metrics to demonstrate the effectiveness of security controls and security team operations.
- Communicate with excellent oral and written skills.
- Provide informative and high-level report to the research project sponsor and board executives.
- Established weekly security reports and trend analysis. Oversaw continuous operation for all cyber incidents alerts
- Creation of a security dashboard for executive stakeholders to utilize for accurate and up to date incident response information on demand.
- Successful migration of the development team into Microsoft Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) platform.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
Customer Service Representative
- Open and maintain customer accounts by recording account information
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution
- Maintain financial accounts by processing customer adjustments
- Recommend potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs
- Prepare product or service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Manage large amounts of incoming calls
Operating Systems: Windows up to Windows 10 and 2016, Linux (Ubuntu),
Network Tools: VM Ware, Windows Defender, Active Directory, DNS, SCCM
Protocols: TCP/IP & UDP (DNS, SMTP, VPN, Terminal Servers, DNS, HTTP, SSL, FTP)
Applications: SPLUNK, Nessus, Active Directory, Office 365, Wireshark, Maltego, Nmap, Metasploit Framework