Sr. Global Services Engineer
- Managing a team of seven Customer Support Technicians located in EMEA and North America.
- Familiarity with hardware (servers, routers, switches etc), software (SQL Server, Windows Server 2012, VMware, Citrix, Linux etc) and system integrations to be able to design, critique and train on solutions that will be delivered to customers.
- Contribute to the construction of specific technical offers and proposals by understanding customer requirements to include: company product lines, commercial off - the-shelf hardware and software, network design, specialized hardware (GPS antennas, 406MHz antenna, software defined radios etc.).
- Develop and collaborate in the vetting of technical documentation to include customer facing technical manuals and guides for operations and maintenance.
- Provide technical expertise/assistance via remote access for deployed installation and maintenance teams around the globe.
- Validate defects in our delivered products and escalate to engineering.
- Assist in build out/installation of Orolia McMurdo solutions for customers including NOAA, NASA and the US Army.
- Supporting current and future Satellite Aided Search and Rescue systems and Maritime Domain Awareness Systems and equipment.
- Perform scheduled and corrective maintenance on both software and hardware systems, along with operator training.
- Create and implement preventive maintenance activities while also coordinating responses to customer support requests in the Jira trouble ticketing system.
- Responsible for comprehensive NOC operations including monitoring, alerting, troubleshooting and resolution of issues and escalating to the appropriate technical resources to resolve issues.
- Used SolarWinds / Orion to provide tier 2 engineering support and escalation for all infrastructure systems.
- Analyzed and maintained performance data to ensure optimal usage of the resources available in VMware vSphere virtual environment.
- Used Microsoft Exchange Management Console to failover exchange clusters during server administration.
- Used Check Point Smartview Monitor to deploy firewall patches. Also deploy other system related patches and updates using LANDesk Management Suite.
- Management of Citrix user accounts using Citrix AppCenter.
- Used System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 (SCOM) to perform Tier 1 engineer support and escalation for systems monitoring generated alerts and issues.
- Used SecureCRT for remote management of Cisco switches and routers.
- Provided technical support to over 5,000 users across 100 offices. Also monitors and troubleshoots over 1,000 Windows servers and 500+ network devices.
- Performed datacenter facilities management tasks including access control, climate control, power and communications.
- Performed tasks and maintenance on FTI infrastructure systems as requested including cabling, racking equipment and power tests.
- Executed Change Controls as required to support trouble ticket resolution, planned maintenance, and assists other engineers as requested.
- Covered and resolved any outstanding issues in BMC Remedy in an effort to help all IT members resolve tickets as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Responsible for the day to day sustaining activities and monitoring for the FTI global enterprise.
Windows Network Engineer
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Experience managing Microsoft Active Directory to include implementation of GPOs to support the implementation of STIG settings on file and print services, DNS, Domain Controllers and application servers.
- Managed Microsoft Exchange 2007 mailboxes and user permissions using Exchange Management Console and Exchange Management Shell.
- Deployed system related patches and updates using Shavlik.
- Performed Operations and Maintenance of all Windows Servers to support services and applications for FTC customers.
- Assisted in resolving problems involving configuration issues or other conflicts with internal FTC processes and procedures.
- Opened tickets (Remedy) for all instances of downtime or performance issues immediately upon discovery.
- Performed and documented in the Maintenance Log all hardware and software repairs, upgrades, patches, and configuration changes made on any windows server or system component immediately upon completion of the repair.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Used System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) to deploy and monitor Symantec Endpoint Protection antimalware/antispyware software on network devices.
- Configured, patched and monitored Windows 2008/2012 and VMware ESXi physical or virtual servers and troubleshoot problems.
- Installed and configured Overland NEOxl 60 Tape Library including additional Fiber Channel tape drives and power module.
- Installed and configured Dell PowerEdge R710 & R810 servers including Fiber Channel expansion card and Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) Dual Channel card.
- Perform daily monitoring of virtual infrastructure using VMware vCenter Server 5.1.
- Analyze logs, verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes. Review system and application logs, and completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Print Server administration.
- Create and configure network share and file permissions.
- Managed backups of virtual environment in NetApp SAN.
- Server, workstation and laptop patch management using IBM Fix/Tivoli.
- Active Directory user account management.
- Schedule, plan, and oversee application and system upgrades in Lumension Endpoint Management and Security Suite.
IT Analyst (40hrs/Week)
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Used NetIQ App Manager to monitor network alerts, downtimes, and ping failures.
- Work with technical support engineers to diagnosis network problems, follow procedures and processes to find solutions.
- Used VMware Workstation 8.0 to configure and deploy test environments for new EPA images.
- Installed and maintained virtual Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2013 server in Windows Server 2012 environment.
- Configured multiple Cisco switches such as catalyst 3750 and catalyst 2950 using PuTTy. Interconnected switches using multimode fiber, singlemode fiber, CAB-Stack cabling and dot1q VLAN trunks between switches. Implemented intelligent services such as Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) and security enhancements such as service level encryption and switchport port security.
- Used Active Directory to manage user accounts and assign workstations to proper OUs.
- Used Tivoli Endpoint Manger (BigFix) to push patch updates to workstations.
- Provided helpdesk support and resolved problems included, but not limited to network connectivity, hardware, software, and printer issues in Windows environment for 250 users.
- Initiated, tracked, and concluded all tickets using BMC Remedy ticketing system.
- Provided audio-visual support using Crestron and Tandberg equipment for conference calls and scheduled meetings.
- Imaged and setup new PCs for employees using Microsoft Deployment Tool Kit (MDT) 2013 and Ghost imaging software.
- Created guides to aide in the completion of repeating requests (MDT process, EPASS software installation).
- Submitted weekly reports using STAR Database.
- Knowledgeable of network security, compliance and operation security, threats and vulnerabilities as well as application, data and host security.
- Access control list, identity management and cryptography. Firewalls, IPS, IDS, NIDS, NIPS, 802.1x, DMZ, port security, IPSec, SNMP, TLS, SSL.
- Knowledgeable with networking fundamentals including WAN technologies, subnetting, network topologies, basic security and wireless concepts, routing and switching fundamentals, and configuring simple networks. (VLANs, 802.1Q trunking protocol, TRACECERT, ping, OSPF, EIGRP, sub-netting networks, DHCP, NAT, Telnet, SSH, OSI model, wireless protocols 802.11 A/G/N)
- Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 7, Server 2003, 2008, 2008-R2, 2012, 2012-R2
- Knowledge of Dell iDRAC and HP iLo remote console management systems.
- Installing, configuring and managing VMWare ESXi 5.0, 5.5 and vShpere Clients.
- Windows Active Directory
- Security + certification meets the DOD Directive 8570.01-M requirements