- 6 years of professional experience with Cisco Certified Network Engineering, performing networking, configuring, troubleshooting, installing and maintaining of networking devices.
- Providing 24/7 quality assurance in network monitoring, optimization and fault management services in network operation center.
- Hands on involvement in configuring and Deployment of Routers and Switches in network support.
- Experience with Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Load Balancers and Firewalls.
- Experience in Routing protocol configurations: OSPF, BGP, MPLS VPN, DMVPN, HSRP and EIGRP.
- Switching tasks include VTP, ISL/ 802.1q, IPsec and, VLANs, Ether Channel, Trunking, GRE Tunneling, Port Security, STP and RSTP.
- Proficiency in configuring the VLAN setup on various Cisco Switches.
- Communicating and escalating tickets with service providers for network outrage issues.
- Experience in physical cabling, IP addressing and Subnetting with VLSM, configuring and supporting TCP/IP, DNS, installing and configuring proxies.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting, implementation, testing and optimization of static and dynamic routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking.
- Moderate and contribute to the support forums (specific to Azure Networking, Azure Virtual Machines, Azure Active Directory, Azure Storage)
- Good knowledge and experience in Installation, Configuration and Administration of Windows Servers 2003/2008, Active Directory, FTP, DNS, DHCP, TFTP under various LAN and WAN environments
- Manage multiple resources from various internal teams to develop cloud solutions based on detailed workload requirements.
- Manage day - to-day operations and configuration of Check Point firewalls.
- Excellent working knowledge of TCP/IP protocol suite and OSI layers. Hands on experience in configuring Cisco ASA firewalls
- Work with cisco partners to help set up and troubleshoot voice network issues.
- Experience in Layer 3 Routing Protocol configurations: OSPF, EGIRP, BGP, RIP and MPLS.
- Troubleshooting for Layer 2 LAN technologies but not limited to Ethernet (Switched, FastE, GigE), STP, RSTP, VLANs, Cables, Bridges, VTP, and Trunking (802.1q), port security, routing protocols and Aruba Wireless platform.
- Implementation of HSRP, VRRP for Default Gateway Redundancy.
- Experience with Load Balancers for administrating and monitoring global & local traffic using Cisco CSM, ACE Module, and F5 BIG IP LTM & GSS.
- Configuring and installing client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems.
- Performed IOS upgrades on Catalyst 2900,3500,3750, 4500 and 6500 series switch and Maintained redundancy on Cisco 2600, 2800 and 3600 routers with HSRP.
- Experience in layer-3 Routing and layer-2 Switching. Dealt with Nexus models like 7K, 5K, 2K series, Cisco router models like 7200, 3800, 3600,2900, 2800, 2600, 2500, 1800 series and switches such as Cisco 3725, 3560, 3550, 2960, 2950, 4500 & 6500.
- Worked on Router series such as 2800, 2600, 2900, 3600, 3800 and 7200, switches such as Cisco 3725, 3560, 3550, 2960, 2950, 4500 & 6500.
- Worked on automating data loading, extraction and reports generation using UNIX Shell scripting.
- Password recovery, upgrading of IOS of Cisco devices. Upgraded WAN connectivity between the multiple locations.
- Knowledge in IPV4, IPV6, RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, RMON, NAT.
- In-depth knowledge on Routing Policies, Network Architecture, IP Subnetting, VLSM, TCP/IP, NAT, DHCP, DNS.
- Hands-on experience with TCP/IP, LANs, WANs, and WLANs (Wi-Fi).
- Deployed Cisco Wireless LAN Controller (WLC) 5520, created SSIDs for the shows, mapped VLANs to SSID's and linked AP's with WLC.
- Good knowledge of Tunneling Protocols (IPSEC/GRE). Understanding the requirements of the client to deploy an efficient network.
- Proficient in MS Windows, MS/Open Office, MS Project 2013.
- Dealt with monitoring tools like (Solar winds, Cisco prime), network packets capture tools like Wire-shark.
- Gateway protocols (SIP, SCCP)
- Work closely with business in collecting all telecom requirements, which included IVR (Interactive voice response), voice mail, DID/extensions, call forwarding, call accounting etc.
- Interviewed customers by telephone to identify legal issues, and obtain and process the information, worked with customers in all stages of the Child Support process.
- Possess strong network troubleshooting and communication skills.
- Experienced in troubleshooting various network related problems by using sniffing tools. Excellent qualities such as Teamwork, Negotiation, Analysis and Communication.
Cisco ASA: 5585, 5550, 5540 Palo Alto 220
Routers: 1900,2600, 2800, 2900, 3600, 3700, 3800, 3900, 4400, 7200,7600
Cisco switches: (3725,3750,3560,3550,2960,2950,4500&6500)
Nexus: (2248, 5548 &7010)
Routing: EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, Route Filtering, Route redistribution, static Routing, Summarization
Switching Protocols: VTP, STP, RSTP, MSTP, VLANs, PAGP, LACP, PVST, VPC, multicast, SNMPV3
VOIP Devices: Cisco IP phones
Voice Technologies: QoS, Computer Telephony Integration (CTI), VoIP, RTP
GRE Tunneling, Siteto: Site VPN, SSL VPN
Network Security: Cisco ASA Firewalls, Check, SSL, Access Control, SonicWall, Palo Alto Firewall, F5 Load Balancer.
Monitoring Tools: Voyence, Packet tracer Ethereal, Wireshark, Openview, Dashboard and GNS3
Servers: Domain servers, WINS servers, FTP servers, DNS servers, Proxy servers, Application servers
Security Technologies: Cisco FWSM/PIX/ASDM, Juniper SRX, Bluecoat.
Operating Systems: Microsoft XP/Vista/7,8,10, UNIX, LINUX, Nexus OS, Cisco ISO
Hardware: Dell, Cisco, IBM.
Virtual Technology: VMware, Citrix
Communication: Cisco Jabber, Spark, WebEx, Skype for Business
Microsoft office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, office 365
- Engineered next-generation Cisco data center consisting of Cisco Nexus 9k(92160YC-X), Palo Alto PA-3220 HA Pair, Cisco ISR 4451, Cisco 3850, Cisco WLC 5508, Cisco 6248 Fabric Interconnect, Cisco UCS 5108 Chassis and B200 M5 blades and protocols including BGP OSPF, MPLS and EIGRP, HSRP used in the data center network according to best practices.
- Enhanced business production by automating issue mitigation on network devices with script deployments that help in maintaining maximum uptime for 101 remote nation-wide branches connected over DMVPN to the data centers.
- Successfully maintaining 99.999% uptime status of two large-scale data centers including device installations/upgrades, inter data center replication, security patch management, and configuration backups with minimum impact on business.
- Performed complete migration to Palo Alto Next-generation firewalls with Wildfire, Threat Prevention, PAN-DB/Brightcloud URL Filtering, Decrypted packet analysis, and Global protect, from Cisco ASA firewalls to improve the network security at CMG.
- Successfully deployed networks of 101 remote sites in the US including IOS, IOS-XE routers, Catalyst and Meraki switches, and Meraki/Aironet access points.
- Deployed several Python, Cisco EEM and TCL network automation tools to help in network resource monitoring, troubleshooting, and to speed up the configuration of data center devices, branch routers, and switches, which reduced the bulk configuration time by 90%.
- Redesigned wireless network infrastructure at CMG to improve performance and security by integrating 802.1X PEAP authentication and performing wireless site surveys.
- Constantly improving our network security by performing planned penetration tests using Nessus, Metasploit and Nexpose regularly, by creating appropriate network policies and patching devices in response to that.
- Provided security incident triage and response, including working with firewall and device logs and investigating security events. • Conducted security assessments and made recommendations for disaster recovery and network security.
- Monitored core and access network devices to ensure swift and effective troubleshooting of complex multi-vendor network and service provider issues.
- Implemented WAN and LAN designs in multi-datacenter configurations.
- Administered software licensing and purchasing for effective installation of the network.
- Regularly perform phishing campaigns to educate the users of our company to prevent them from malicious emails.
- Excellent/Advanced understanding of Cisco Collaboration and Unified Communication portfolio including unified communications manager, contact center express, and unity connection.
- Provided detailed technical documentation, including network diagrams, process flow charts and procedural guidelines.
Network Support Engineer (Remote)
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Identify and resolve problems on high end Switches, Routers (Cisco & Juniper), FWSM, ASA & Checkpoint firewalls
- New build support for the build activities in data centers LAN/WAN
- Administration, troubleshooting & new implementations on Cisco 6500 series switches, Nexus switches, Cisco Routers, Juniper devices, checkpoint & ASA firewalls.
- Administration of network devices holding more than 5000 servers of Windows, UNIX &Linux platforms (physical & virtual servers).
- Trouble shooting incidents of different levels of severity by working with the OS, Customer and application teams.
- Implementation & trouble shooting of complex wan, LAN, VLANS, private VLANS, high availability solutions like HSRP, ether channels, site to site VPN, access control lists, NAT, PAT, routing solutions etc.
- Plan and implement complex network changes as per ITIL specifications. Managing Security, tier 3 support.
- Creation of fire wall policies as per the requirements on Checkpoint, ASA, FWSM, and Juniper firewalls.
- Managing Cisco Layer 2, Layer 3 switches & Routers on the network.
- Resolving routing and switching related real time performance issues.
- Implementation & trouble shooting of VLANS, high availability solutions like HSRP, ether channels, SSL VPNS, access control lists, NAT, PAT, routing solutions etc.
- Configuration & Management of VLANs, 802.1q trunks, VTP, Security policies.
- Installation and configuration of new devices on LAN
Environment: Net Flow, TACACS, EIGRP, RIP, OSPF, BGP, VPN, MPLS, CSM, SUP720, Ether Channels, Cisco 7200/3845/3600/2800 routers, Fluke and Sniffer, Cisco 6509/ 3750/3550/3500/2950 switches, Checkpoint firewalls(SPLAT).
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
- Worked with INNO4 and CSG for the cabling and device replacement for EOL devices in the Data Center.
- Creating, Managing, and troubleshooting VIPs and terminating SSL for the mychart applications in the BIG-IP F5 Load Balancer.
- Hands-on experience in providing network support, installation and analysis for a broad range of LAN/WAN/MAN communication systems.
- Experience with configuring, troubleshooting and upgrading IOS-XR, NX-OS devices.
- Deal with DNS, DHCP troubleshooting and other IP conflict problems in Infoblox and Solarwinds. Experience in adding, deleting and renaming hostnames and IPs for the A record and PTR record and also reserving IPs in the DHCP range.
- Applying AAA and MSB scripts for the devices to follow IBM standard for the compliance.
- Involved in Endeavor vendor connectivity project in order to provide offshore connectivity between the vendors and the IBM environment and applied static routing and added the subnet to the prefix list for the EIGRP redistribution.
- Supported Minute Clinic Server 2012 upgrade project to enable and disable the nodes from the servers in F5 Load Balancer in order to migrate the servers and for validation.
- Experience working with INNO4 in order to patch new cables for multiple sites in order to accommodate new employees and also for adding new printers, VoIP and fax machines. Any troubleshooting help during the patching of cables and validating was done over the bridge.
- Followed Policies of the IBM in order to do any production changes in the network like initiating RFC through the HP service manager tool and following the change window duration for any changes that is taking place in the production environment. Documenting any network changes is done by HP service manager by preparing IQ-OQ and Back out plan.
- Configuring Switchports and vPC for the switches 4510, 3850, Nexus 7K devices.
- Tracking, implementing various tickets according to the customer needs in the Serena Business Manager tool.
- Creating L2 and L3 VLANs according to the project need which will be designed by the Network Architect.
Environment: Catalyst switch 4510, 3850, 2960, 4507, 3750, Nexus 7K, HP service Manager, Serena Business Manager, Solarwinds, Statseeker, BIG-IP F5 Load Balancer (LTM), EIGRP, DHCP, DNS, VLAN, vPC,
Jr. Network Engineer
- Responsible for support of network devices including switches, routers wireless access points, file servers.
- Responsible for the configuration, implementation and operation of Cisco 3745 routers Cisco 6509 and 3560 L2/L3 switches. Removed Cisco 3600 and 2600 series routers and Cisco 2900 series switches from the current infrastructure and replaced them with the Cisco 6509 or 3560 L2/L3 switches.
- Installation and configuration of various Routers like 800, 1600, 2500, 2600 and configuration of various Cisco switches like 2960, 3560.
- Key contributions include troubleshooting of complex LAN/WAN infrastructure that include routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF & BGP .
- Implemented VLANs, Trunk groups, ether channels, and Spanning tree for creating Access/ distribution and core layer switching architecture
- Responsible for troubleshooting complex problems related to the Internet and network interface cards.
- Managed performance, scheduling and career development for team of 15 network engineers.
- Experience in deploying EIGRP/BGP redistribution and the changing the metrics for the primary
- Applied "outside the box" procedures to recover a large volume of lost data needed for the next morning, made hard decisions to achieve goal resulting in great press for the Data Center.
- Received trouble tickets and solved tactical satellite systems related problems of at least two hundred end users.
- Implemented L2 security to protect from internal attacks
- Sound knowledge in routing protocols like Rip, EIGRP, OSPF in IPv4 & IPv6.
- Backup Paths for the packet prioritization and EIGRP tuning. Implemented and configured IP Routing Protocols: RIPv2, BGP.
- Knowledge of implementing and troubleshooting complex layer 2 technologies such as VLAN Trunks, VTP, Ether channel, STP and RSTP, MSTP, LACP.
- Switching related tasks included implementing VLANS, VTP, RSTP and Port security.
- Configure and Troubleshoot Spanning Tree protocol in the Switching Network .
- Troubleshoot and repair of local area network outages using Fluke Optiview, Telnet, Sniffer, Ping, Trace Route and Internet Technologies
- Experience on designing and troubleshooting of complex BGP and OSPF routing problems
- Implemented a full service helpdesk solution for tracking and managing all end-users' help requests.
- Resolved many cable failures, thefts and damages of ranging scope in number of affected customers, cable sizes, and duration to resolve. This required applying project management, inter-department coordination skills.
- Developed a safety and fire prevention program and ensuring the work environment in compliance with all safety regulations.
- Worked with IT groups to develop, evaluate and support new Network Management tools.
- Supported MACs (Move/Add/Changes) in both existing and new network.
- Provide project status reports to upper management
Environment: Switches, Routers, Maintenance, L2, EGIRP, OSPF, BGP, LAN, WAN, VLANs.
- Created network diagram for employees using the Microsoft Visio. Preparing Client Machines for users with Operating Systems, Software, antivirus and required utilities and mailing clients etc.
- Primarily responsible in designing and maintaining the budget for the whole network.
- Perform daily maintenance, troubleshooting, configuration, and installation of all network components.
- Configuration of CISCO Routers (3600, 4000 Series) and 3550, 4500 series switches.
- TCP/IP network planning, Implementation and Management with subnets.
- Enabled SNMP traps for our Cacti Monitoring tool to monitor traffic and check the regular health of Servers and Network Devices
- Implementation of Virtual LANs across Routers and Switches.
- Switching related tasks included implementing VLANS, VTP and configuring ISL trunk on Fast - Ethernet channel between switches.
- Implemented and configured LAN Protocols: Ethernet, VLANs, VTP and STP. Implemented and Configured IP Routing Protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, and RIPv2
- Experience in Configuring Site-to-Site and Remote Site VPNs, NAT/PAT policies
- IOS upgrades on catalyst series switches like 2900, 3560, 3750.
- Troubleshoot TCP/IP problems and connectivity issues in multi-protocol Ethernet environment.
- Implemented trunking protocols like 802.1q on 3750 switches.
- Configured ACLs to provide accessibility and restrict unauthorized users.
- Involved in maintaining STP, RSTP and PVST+ for the catalyst switches I worked on.
- Configured and maintained RIP, OSPF and routing protocols on 2600 and 3600 series Cisco routers.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting of connectivity problems using Ping, Traceroute.
- Assisted in racking and stacking.
- Maintenance and Troubleshooting of connectivity problems using PING, trace route.
- Worked with Remedy Ticketing tool in maintaining and keep a track of logs/monitor
- Monitoring the Servers and Networks.
- Designed and implemented IP Addressing, Subnetting, Route Summarization and Route Distributions.
Environment: LAN, WAN, Subnetting, VLAN, VTP, VPN, NAT, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, STP, RSTP, PVST+, Ether Channel, 802.1Q, PAT.