- Highly motivated IT professional with history of troubleshooting both network and client side systems. Expertise not only includes supporting but also optimizing the performance of workstations, peripherals, network systems, operating systems, hardware, and software, including installation, configuration and preventative maintenance. (Regularly performed hardware and software maintenance, added PC’s to domains, configured wireless routers, all peripheral hardware)
Network/Protocols : IPX/SPX, NetBIOS, FTP, TFTP, DCHP, DNS, ISDN, ICMP, STP, POP3, OSPF, PAP Network installation
Software : Microsoft Office, Norton Antivirus, AVG Antivirus, VMware, Remote DesktopOperating Systems/Server : Windows 95/98/2000/XP/Vista/7, 8, 10, Linux Redhat, Mac OS 9/X, windows server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Microsoft Exchange
Hardware/Special Systems : Desktop/Laptop Computers, printers, Cameras, Microphones, Speakers, teleconference phones, IPhones, Blackberries, Droid Devices
Confidential, Alexandria VA
- Managed, maintained and troubleshooted an Information Technology Environment with 60+ physically present and 20+ remote workstations,
- Supported and troubleshooted Cisco VOIP phones, mobile devices (iOS, Android and Windows), as well as servers and audiovisual systems.
- Served as on - call response for Tier I and Tier II support including but not limited to desktop / laptop setup, deployment, break / fix repair, user administration, and troubleshooting for end users in the OEM ITE.
- Applied technical expertise to maintaining the enterprise architecture, including but not limited to installing software patches, updates, and upgrades; triaging user accounts issues
- Investigated and troubleshooted issues on both Windows OS platforms and Linux OS platforms, both on-site and via remote access (using Remote Desktop ).
- Tested potential new software and applications for ITE impact; and made the final decisions on whether the company should purchase the software/licenses.
- Resolved difficult technical issues associated with the installation or change in configuration of workstation equipment, peripherals, and related systems.
- Executed/updated the existing maintenance plan for all supported systems. Including completing and communicating the completion of required maintenance on specific equipment using a centralized tracking methodology.
- Served on a 24/7/365 technology support team with 24/7 e-mail and phone availability. Answered calls directly or return calls within 45 minutes of origination.
Confidential, Falls Church, VA
- Utilized VDI to update/configure servers/VM’s (created nodes, clusters, installed/updated java, SDK/JDK, load balancers etc.) for the applications clients were requesting to have installed.
- Installed applications, on Linux/Unix and Microsoft server 2008 R2
- Tested multiple environments/applications via Soap UI, Linux putty and Windows command prompt.
- Collaborated with a team of 3 to 5 members (which changed on bi-weekly basis) to accomplish/complete task, according to the timeline presented to us by the client.
- Discussed/Coordinated tasks through daily Scrim/sprint sessions to assess progress.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Premier Support Team Lead
- Managed all aspects of laptops, desktops, peripherals (iPhones, blackberry’s etc.), printers, hardware and software applications, i.e. such as administration, installation and upgrades.
- Provided end user technical support and resolutions via remote assistance, email, Phone, and in person visits.
- Utilized Problem Management process to reduce overall Incidents
- Active Team lead for the CID (nationwide premier support users) laptop HWR. (Worked for up to 14 hrs at times)
Confidential, College Park, MD
Network Administrator/Computer Technician
- Orchestrated trouble shooting, administration, installation, and upgrades to all laptops, desktops, peripherals, printers, hardware and software applications.
- Installed and configured new networks.
- Handled/configured cabling and installation of switches, and software. (Cisco, Netgear, D-link switches)
- Installed troubleshot and maintained easy check in units, recreated corrupted user profiles on server.
- Used blackberry management to connect profiles to blackberries
- Remotely troubleshooted issues. (using Lan desk and windows assistance)
- Performed routine backups (incremental and differential backups using Symantec back-up) weekly, monthly, and annually.
- Coordinated automation of all network and computer equipment.
- Established long-term relationships with clients and developed a strong pattern of repeated satisfied customers/users.
Computer support technician/Senior Executive Administrative assistant
- Assisted Senior executives with the development of their presentations (power-point presentations, etc.), prepared/setup conference rooms for video teleconferences, power-point presentations, teleconferences etc.
- Assisted in the trouble shooting of equipment (i.e. video teleconference components microphones, cameras, monitors etc. projectors, internet/network connections, computer hardware/software components and applications etc.) whenever technical difficulties arose.
- Provided administrative support such as greeting visitors, arranging conference rooms for guest (uploading files, i.e. presentations, videos etc.), managing file systems and phones.
- Document generation (briefings/presentations, administrative correspondence and orders).
- Disseminated direction/requirements to subordinate operations.
- Exercised foresight and sound judgment in performing work through the numerous processing stages to avoid bottlenecks.
- Maintained both paper and electronic files pertaining to operational activities
- Utilized computer systems to schedule and inform clients of date, time and location of meetings.