- Solutions - oriented IT professional with a proven track record of effective systems and support demonstrated through 15+ years’ experience in designing, developing, and maintaining network and software connectivity applications.
- Broad technical knowledge and success in the design, installation, and maintenance of numerous LAN/WAN network environments. Example: MPLS/Wireless Access points.
- Proficient in network installation and configuration, software and hardware upgrades and replacements, system administration, disaster recovery, and network security.
- Extensive experience with microprocessors, component level electronic circuitry repair, robotics, air traffic control radar systems, office automation software, and communications equipment.
- Skilled Video Teleconferencing (VTC) Tech. for Government and international Private sector
- Strong background collaborating with customers and staff, providing training and ongoing support; outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Skilled trainer and technical project leader; able to direct multiple tasks effectively and successfully recover customer sites from catastrophic failures.
- Excellent Client desktop support, Lan Administration, project management and diagnostic skills; able to identify problems in initial stages and recommend effective resolutions.
- Skilled VOIP and Voice systems Manager, Active Directory / DNS / DHCP Experience
- Broad technical knowledge and success in the Training, installation, and maintenance of numerous Air Traffic Control Radars.
Platforms: Windows NT/ 2k3, 2k8, 2k12, Novell 4, Banyan Vines, AT&T UNIX/ATC Radar
Tools: SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange 5., Check Point Firewall, Elron Firewall, Cisco Pix Firewall, Cisco High Level Switches, Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, CallManager, Session Wall, Real Secure Intrusion Detection Systems, Platinum, Deltek Costpoint, and Navision Financial Software, PBX Systems, Cable Systems, Air Traffic Control Radar Technology, Advanced Digital Circuitry, Advanced DC/AC Circuitry, High-Power Transmitters, Satellites, iManage, Live Link document management tools. Remedy and Track-IT systems,3com VoIP, Citrix, Symantec Net Backup, CommVault, and Double Take, Security Tokens Entrust, Black Berry, Video Teleconferencing (VTC), Active Sync, Aruba/NetGear, Linksys Switches and Routers. Citrix Receiver, Entrapass, Active Sync
Languages: Java Script, ASP, Cold Fusion, VB Script, COBOL, SQL Talk, HTML, Intershop
IT Support Officer
- Serving face to face, via email and over the phone, logging issues using the Microsoft Service
- Manager system, troubleshooting and or escalating where appropriate for all Confidential core Business Systems.
- Responsible for VPN access / Training and Security, implementing MS Lync, Updates Service Manager for reporting and Delegation of Duties
- Solving issues on PCs and laptops hands on or remotely using remote software
- Performing operations including defragmentation, virus scans, re-imaging PCs using System Center
- Perform Active Directory / DNS / DHCP Server Manager duties
- Configuration Manager, as well as resolving any general hardware or software issues such as installing of Antivirus with updating definitions on regular basis from the UK servers
- Mapping Network drives, creating network sharing, resolving issues involving network printers, MFDs other network related issues
- Setting up and activating new user accounts on BlackBerry devices and Smart Phones, and Active Directory
- Design and troubleshooting of Audio Visual equipment, for Video Teleconferences, working closely with the International Conference Service team and remote sites
- Utilized Cisco Jabber and other video tools to integrate remote desktop, iphone and Andriod users onto VTC meetings.
- Initiates/Resolves/Escalate Trouble Tickets
- Briefs and main IT Liaison for Confidential US, Presidents, Senior Vice Presidents and Vice Presidents
- Account management for all fixed and mobile communications for all US Presidents, Vice Presidents Board members
- Provide advice and guide IT Decisions in the US
- Install, support and troubleshoot the Corporate IT standard desktop or laptop configuration
- Install and configure PBX/base of Exchange/Internet WAN /Manage Voice Mail Systems. Configured PBX to VOIP
- Perform LAN Administrator Duties for 700 users to include MS Exchange 2010/2012 Access
- Repairing, configuring Polycomm Video Teleconferencing systems and allowing VTC Jabber connections
- Configure Cisco Devices for Global Express/Global Position Satellite Communications
- Managed MPLS between London England and Washington DC
- Administration of new and existing users’ network and email accounts
- Provide telephone support for users requiring remote access or Base of Exchange for PBX
- Contract Management of computer and telecommunications systems
- Maintain dialogue with suppliers and service providers
- Performed Hands on and remote Client Desktop support
- Systems Guide to International IT Team
- Install and Configure Juniper EX 3200 and SRX 200 Flex Pic Concentrators (FPC) and physical Interface Card (PIC) for Media Interfaces.
- Testing Juniper Power On Self test (POST) procedures
- Setting Routers/Switches to Factory Default during system lockouts
- Match Vlan between Juniper and Cisco Devices for Voip to Satellite Comms
- Utilize F5 LTM Load Balancers for Citrix Server farms and Cisco AnyConnect services
ConfidentialIT Support Officer
- Serves as project manager, requirements analyst and verifies and validates satisfaction of system software requirements on single or multiple systems and new development and maintenance
- Performs some or all of the following duties depending on size and complexity of project or system
- Performs project's scope management, time management, cost management, quality management, human resource management, communication management, risk management, procurement, and project integration management
- Defines, tracks, and reports project information
- Identifies problems and provides expert technical advice on new or improved information technology and procedures
- Determines if established systems need improvement
- Provides ongoing support, resolution of problems, and recovery of system malfunctions involving various hardware components and software failures
- Develops system modification in response to user requirements
- Develops proposals for a variety of highly specialized systems and enhancements to improve operational efficiency and meet future systems needs
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures for system operations
- Produces and maintains all system related management artifacts (e.g. SMP, SDP). Negotiates, established, coordinates and oversees the project deliverables
- Coordinates with the stakeholders and the user community
- Applies, as applicable, "use case" methodology
- Leads requirements meetings and workshops
- Identifies and documents functional, operational, and performance requirements
- Resolves requirement conflicts/ambiguities
- Produces and maintains all applicable requirement models and documentation
- Verifies architectural design against customer requirements
- Verifies defect corrections satisfy problem reports
- Performed VMSphere /Vmware snap Shot configurations
Consultant/Team Lead / Manger/ Tech
- Maintain the Naval Medical Center Operating Center (NOC) including responsibility for the connectivity of the Metro Area Network (MAN)
- In charge of all back-up and restore procedures: Using Symantec NetBack Up, CommVault and Double take to ensure one hundred percent reliability of all medical records and all servers owned by the Bethesda Medical Center.
- Install and monitor Network Servers and Network devices to work with DOD Common Access Cards/Active Directory
- Insure WINS, DNS, DHCP are at optimum performance levels, and that IP’s are allocated to proper VLANS.
- Customer service liaison between clients and US Navy personnel.
Consultant/Team Lead / Manger/ Tech
- Maintain the Army Corp of Engineer Network Operating Center (NOC) including responsibility for the connectivity of the Metro Area Network (MAN)
- Install and monitor AS5350 Network devices to work with DOD Common Access Cards/Active Directory. Install and maintain Radius Servers for US Army Corp Dial in users
- Insure WINS, DNS, DHCP are at optimum performance levels. Perform LAN/MAN diagnostics
- Maintain diagnostics hardware and software
- Customer service liaison between clients and US Army personnel.
- Operate and maintain the Network Operating Center (NOC) including responsibility for the Headquarters LAN/MAN, premise routers, WINS, DNS, DHCP
- Perform LAN/MAN diagnostics to determine network performance. Maintain diagnostics hardware and software
- Perform Augmentation Duties for Exchange and Citrix Server Teams to include Server maintenance and configurations
- Perform network troubleshooting on the Headquarters LAN
- Maintain external network communications with other government agencies. Provide and maintain Internet connectivity for Coast Guard Headquarters
- Provide and maintain network security for VoIP and network communications through internal and external connections. Operate, Configure, and Maintain Catalyst switches, routers, and VoIP systems
- Daily Monitoring and maintenance of the US Coast Guard Head Quarters Network Operation Center (NOC) Member of Network Trouble Ticket Response Team. Support HSC(t-1)
Senior Network Engineer
- Creates Windows 95 applications modules using WinInstall for Desktop Management Project, Printer projects, CD-ROM project, Host applications project
- Novell to Windows NT 4.0 Data Migration POC responsible for researching, designing, and completing the migration of data from Novell 4.11 servers to Windows NT 4.0 File/Print Servers to Windows 2003 servers
- POC for Network security services via Patch Management and system reporting. Implemented Firewall Policies by creating rules to match DOJ Policies
- Monitored firewall logs daily for trends of suspicious activity and or network intrusion
- Operated / configured VTC systems
- Performed IP Port Scanning methods to insure integrity of services
- Performed Firewall to Firewall VPN setup. Performed VPN windows client setups
- Configure Secure Remote client for users at our satellite offices. Configure Clientless VPNs, to allow SSL tunnels to be authenticated for HTTP, Manage Dynamic VPN Addresses, by obtaining dynamic IP and participate in a VPN, Set up Firewall for Active Directory Authentication, Utilize Smart View Monitor for real time traffic monitoring
- Utilize Smart View to Run History Reports
- Use FW Monitor to do packet captures. Perform URL Filtering
- Utilized Cisco Visual switch Manager though http to monitor switch on Cisco 2924-xl
- Utilized Cisco Works to do SNMP polling and importing of data from HP OpenView to help Inventory Manager maintain an up to date database of Cisco devices
- Utilized Change Audit Service to view configuration changes
- Utilized Syslog Analyzer to help correct system problems.