- Senior Systems Administrator with over eighteen years of experience managing server, desktop infrastructures and data - center operations across multiple platforms (Linux, Windows). Effectively plan, install, configure and optimize the IT infrastructure to consistently achieve high availability and performance. MCSE certified with proven ability to adapt and learn new technologies, and business procedures skilled problem identifier and troubleshooter comfortable managing systems, projects and teams in a range of IT environments. Specializing in VMware, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, TCP/IP, IIS, Patchlink, Nessus, and Retina Vulnerability scanning tools
Hardware: Windows, Macintosh, Linux, Server, Workstations, Laptops, Printers, Scanners, Dell SAN systems, Pivot3, Buffalo NAS and Blackberry
Software: Microsoft Exchange, Outlook, MS Office Suite 98, 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS), Windows Active Directory, Microsoft Solutions Accelerator, Ghost, Image Pro, Acronis true image, Echo Server Software, VPN, Remote Desktop, Web X, Timbuktu two, Symantec Continuous Protection Services 12, (CPS), Backup Exec, Net Backup, Citrix, Blackberries, Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES), AD Manager and WSUS
Security: Symantec, McAfee, Patchlink, Retina, Nessus, Common Access Cards (CAC), Adobe Acrobat Certificates, Microsoft Outlook certificate automated key recovery (PKI-CAC), System Management Software (SMS) Guardian Edge encryption, Common Access Cards (CAC) Switch View server software, Sendforce Endpoint Security Suite (ESS), Wipedrive, Security SSL, VPN, and monitoring software
Databases: Sybase, Oracle, SQL, SAS Server, FoxPro, SNA Gateway, Attach-Mate, and Reflections
OS Client: 95, 98, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Fedora, and Ubuntu
OS Servers: Windows servers NT, 2000, 2003, 2003R2, 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016R2 Linux, Read hat, CentOS, Ubuntu, RSA, Protous, Adonis, Zimbra, and Trustwave NAC
Virtual: VMware Workstation ESXI 3, 4, 5, and 6 Oracle Virtual Box, Azure Cloud services, HP Cloud services, HP Horizon view and Hyper-VNetworking: TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, ARP, FTP, Telnet, SSH, Hubs, Switches Routers, Cabling, SMTP, SNMP. POP, NAT, VPN, VLANs, RIP, LAN/WAN, T1, T3, DSL, Port Authority-Out of Band Management, Cisco Secure Access Control System (ACS)
Principal VMware Systems Engineer
- Create reports, dashboards, and widgets using VMware vRealize server
- Migrate ESXi host and VM's across datacenters
- Install, Configure, Manage and Troubleshoot a ESXi virtualized environment using,
- VSphere 5.5, vSphere 6 thick and web client and vSphere 6.7 web client
- Create and Managing Virtual Machines and Templates
- Create Clusters for High Availability (HA) and Distributive Resource Scheduling (DRS).
- Create Clusters for High Availability and Dynamic Resource Scheduling.
- Configure Resource Pool, vMotion, Alerts, Alarms, NTP
- Migrate Physical Servers to Virtual Server using VMware Converter (P2V Converter)
- Migrate Virtual Machines using vMotion
- Perform Snapshots, Cloning, Cold Migrations and Hot Migrations
- Create Templates from VM’s, deploy VM’s from templates and allocate resources
- Monitor Virtual Machine’s & ESXi servers (CPU, Memory, Disk and Network Utilization) for Security.
- Convert P2V and V2V using VMware Standalone Converter.
- Create Virtual Switches, Ports and Port groups and set up Layer 2 Security Policies for Virtual Networks.
- Troubleshoot issues relating to VMotion such as compatibility issues, using event log.
- Set up roles for Users and Groups to gain access to virtual environment
- Move VM’s from one LUN to another LUN using Storage V-Motion.
- Performance tuning of VMware servers, Virtual sessions and management of server resources between Virtual Machines.
- Root Cause & System Log Analysis and reporting.
- Organize tasks, events and Configuring alarms.
- Design Microsoft Windows 2003R2, 2008R2, and 2012R2 server builds. This included building large-scale, fault-tolerant distributed systems with varying levels of downtime restrictions, varying by contract requirements.
- Update multiple vSphere production deployments without downtime or impact on availability.
- Work with various vendors for support, including both in-house and outsourced professionals.
- Support a multi-vendor environment to include but not limited to Dell, HP, Oracle, Cisco, EMC, V-Block and NetApp hardware.
- Install Configure and manage vRealize operations manager 6
- Install, support, and maintain Nutanix in a VMware 6 environment
- Install, support, and maintain VXRail in a VMware 6 Environment
Senior System Administrator
- Duties included installing, troubleshooting, and managing HP and Dell workstations and server infrastructure
- Managed ESXi 5.5 virtual infrastructure using vCenter 5.5 web client
- Install, configure, and manage, Windows 7 and 8 laptops, and Desktops
- Install and configure software
- Maintained and troubleshoot Exchange 2010 mail servers and mail accounts
- Maintained Group Policies, Local Computer Policy, Active Directory DHCP, and DNS.
Senior System Administrator
- Duties included installing, troubleshooting, and managing VMware ESXi 3, 4 and 5 infrastructure
- Managed ESXi infrastructure using V-Center
- Transformed hardware based system to virtual systems using VMware’s Physical to Virtual (P2V) machine conversions tool
- Designed and implemented test and production Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environment, includes ESXI clusters, View Security Server, View Connection Server, and View Composer Server
- Created and optimize standard desktop image and user profiles
- Monitored VDI environment to insure the customer is deliver the best possible user experience
- Created Thin-App environment to enable quick delivery of virtualized application
- Monitored and maintain VDI Systems capacity
- Worked with Desktop group to resolve any VDI related issues
- Participate in group meetings, designed to increase knowledge and/or teamwork
- Planed and coordinates changes to infrastructure or application components with other System Administrators, Test Managers, and engineers as needed. Provide details about system administration tasks, durations, dependencies, and resource requirements
- Installed and managed Workstations and Servers on both physical and Virtual platforms in a cloud based Data Testing Center
- Maintained Group Policies, Local Computer Policy, DNS, Active Directory, and Retina Patch Management System
- Ensured routine Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) and Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert’s (IAVA) where applied to the testing environment baseline to meet security requirements
- Reviewed product documentation; installed, configured, and maintain Wounded Warrior products in a test labs environment to ensure readiness for current and proposed test events
- Responsible for ensuring proper configuration on all Government Furnished Equipment; using Acronis True Image to facilitate the imaging process confirming all GFEs meet the approved standard desktop
- Created and maintained environment diagrams, monitored systems performance, applied system upgrades and patches, diagnosed system problems and took corrected measures as needed
- Identified and tracked SA related defects for each product using HP Quality Center.
- Performed Daily manual “Health” Checks to ensure the test environment infrastructure components were functional and accessible.
- Coordinated with Test Lead and Developer Vendors to observe the import and installation of application images or new software build.
- Coordinated with Test Leads to provide smoke testing for all new software products/versions.
- Provided Technical Requirement Worksheets (TRWs) for infrastructure components and software products to be installed at Richmond Data Center which include VLER Exchange 2.0, VLER Direct, TKBS, and HP Application Life Cycle Management (ALM).
- Installed configured and maintained JAWS license server and client access software
- Reviewed Installation and System Administration that describes configuration tasks, troubleshooting tasks and specific system related tasks that might be needed to perform after the software is installed.
- Attend team meetings as needed to collaborate and review System Design Documents, CONOPS and other system documentation for VLER products
- Provided support for Web Application running on Glassfish and Mirth connector
- Maintained Red Hat server user and groups accounts
- Worked with Red Hat support to mitigate issues with Red Hat installations
- Insured that all Red Hat Servers are update and patch on a monthly biases
- Reviewed and interpreting Nesses scan reports and develop strategies to remediate vulnerabilities
- Researched to identify resolution for outstanding Nesses remediation issues
- Participated in network, systems design and implementation to insure that appropriate systems security policies are in place
- Maintained and troubleshoot Zimbra Mail server
- Enabled and manage Sonicwall devices using RSA server
- Installed, troubleshoot, and manage VMware ESX 4 and ESXi 5 infrastructure
- Transformed hardware based system to virtual systems using VMware (P2V) converter to Convert
- Administered servers and provide support to end-users and the D-NET / JUT-NET Network Operations Center (NOC)
- Troubleshoot, repair, and refresh systems hardware and software
- Patched all Microsoft Windows Servers and workstations monthly
- Worked with Microsoft support to mitigate issues with window operation system and installations
- Updated and maintain McAfee antivirus on all servers
- Maintained connectivity and ensure availability of systems for all users
- Assisted in Certification and Accreditation (C&A)
- Supported and manage Cisco Secure Access Control System (ACS) user accounts and devices
- Supported and manage network devices using Solarwinds
- Supported and manage RSA server and Secure ID user accounts and devices
- Supported and manage AD-manager server and accounts
- Supported and manage Protous and Adonis servers
- Supported update and manage Trustwave NAC devices
- Installed, configure, and manage Port Authority/Out of Band Management
- Researched and recommend new hardware and software solutions as appropriate
- Supported 10,000 plus users all over the world
- Installed and configured custom PD-TIS database strings
- Configured SSL connections for secure file transfers to and from client site
- Installed and configured apache server for secure communication between the secure zone to the DMZ
- Configured secure communication to database strings using Central Server as proxy to internet sites
- Installed, configured, and troubleshoot test/production Windows server 2003/2008 environments using a SQL 2005, 2007, and Sybase database backend
- Assisted and train co-workers on database installation and troubleshooting
- Maintained documentation for database installation and configuration
- Wrote test plans, developing test strategies, implementing test strategies, stress testing, performance testing
- Isolated and resolved Enterprise System problems to minimize customer impact
- Maintained system Group Policies, DNS, IIS, Active Directory, SMS, tape backups, and patch management systems
- Managed and maintained systems security, stability, Enterprise System documentation, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Provided technical expertise in business initiatives and projects
- Configured and install hardware and software in a multiple remote office throughout the Enterprise
- Provided day-to-day support of the PM TIS Enterprise System
- Performed scheduled and emergency network maintenance
- Audited existing infrastructure and software to ensure proper setup, application of patches and policy compliance.
- Worked with vendor, consultants, project managers and management to ensure that project are brought in on time and within budget constraints
- Worked with the Helpdesk to provide timely resolutions for issues affecting existing Production systems in order to maintain service level agreements
- Maintained and troubleshoot servers in a Citrix Server environment