Network Security: Confidential DLP, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Netcat, Tenable Nesses Security Center, Openvas, Cisco IDS/IPS, Confidential Endpoint Protection, Anti - virus.
Password Cracking: Hydra, Rainbow Crack, 0phcrack, John the Ripper, Pyrit.
Security Tools/Frameworks: Metasploit Pro, AppDetect, AppRador, Oracle IdentityManager, Oracle Access Manager, JHijack, OAuth 2.0, SAML, ZED attack proxy, SQLMAP, Wireshark, WebScarab, Paros, Nmap, BMC BladeLogic, Tenable Nessus, Rapid7 Nexpose, Tripwire, Confidential DLP, DBProtect, HP ArcSight SIEM, DBProtect, e-DMZ Password Auto Repository (PAR), Varonis. Splunk ( SIEM)
DAST and SAST Security: IBM AppScan Enterprise, Standard & Source editions, HP WebInspect, Fortify SCA, Checkmarx, QualysGuard, BurpSuite Pro, Acunetix, OWASP Zaproxy.
Cloud Security: Amazon Web Services and MS Azure
Middleware: TIBCO EMS, IBM WebSphere MQ, JMS Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) Pipeline Jenkins, Maven, ANT, Gradle, RTC, GitHub.
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2, MySQL.
Operating Systems: Oracle Solaris UNIX, RedHat Linux, Kali Linux, Ubuntu
Servers: Weblogic Server, iPlanet, Linux, Windows Server 2008/2012, Netscape Application Server
Languages: Java, Python, C/C++, C#.NET, Perl, Struts2, Spring Framework, Servlets, JavaServerPages (JSPs), JMS, Java, UML. Mail API, JNDI, LDAP, JDBC, JTS, RMI, AWT, Swing, Socket Programming, IONA Orbix CORBA.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Lead Security Engineer
- Completed proof-of-concept thin-client web framework for enterprise intelligence applications with web developer under extreme deadline.
- Developed Application Security program (DAST, SAST, IAST) at the enterprise level to identify, report and remediate security vulnerabilities from applications deployed in DEV, PRE-PROD and PROD environments.
- Designed, documented and executed maintenance procedures, including system upgrades, patch management and system backups.
- Specifically, security testing has been performed to identify XML External Entity (XXE), Cross-Site Scripting, ClickJacking, and SQL Injection related attacks within the code.
- Developed threat modeling framework (STRIDE, DREAD) for critical applications to identify potential threats during the design phase of applications.
- Implemented file system security by applying hashing techniques for protecting data stored in files on the file servers.
- Administered PKI, cryptography, certificate management and implemented dual keys to address segregation of duties issue between DBAs and security admins.
- Participated in the development of IT risk assessments for enterprise applications.
- Implemented DevOps for the entire application security scanning including, automatic scanning, application of security policies, upload the results to the enterprise portal.
- Automated the build and release management process including monitoring and tracking changes between releases using Continuous Integration tool Jenkins
- Setup Jenkins as CI/CD for integrating build tools into the development life cycle.
- Implemented, and automated security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
- Troubleshooted and resolved web application issues escalated from customer support and other departments with a 100% success rate.
- Worked on Imperva SecureSphere Web Application Firewalls (WAF), AWS Cloud Security, Confidential SOC Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB)
- Monitored security events, investigate the root cause to identify their impact and develop prevention strategy for remediating the security issues. Responded to security events and worked with the respective teams for resolution.
- Configured Gemalto ProtectDB to enable column level encryption for securing confidential customer data. Designed security architecture for web and mobile apps.
- Reviewed Solution overview Documents (SODs) to identify security anomalies in the system architecture and design and provided recommendations to address data security and privacy concerns.
- Conducted security assessments to ensure compliance to firm's security standards (i.e., OWASP Top 10, SANS25).
- The NIST framework has been utilized for IT risk assessments.
- Rolled out IBM AppScan products such as AppScan Enterprise (ASE), Standard, Source, Checkmarx, Developer plug-ins to various development teams across the business lines.
- Implemented Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions across the organization for various business applications.
- Prepared technical architecture proposals for enhancements and integration of existing third-party software systems.
- Generated executive summary reports showing the security assessments results, recommendations (CWE, CVE) and risk mitigation plans and presented them to the respective business sponsors and senior management.
- Conducted monthly developer workshops to educate and train developers on secureSDLC, scan source code using IBM AppScan Source, triage and resolve the security vulnerabilities.
- Working knowledge of AWS Cloud Security in implementing IAAS, PAAS and SAAS based applications.
- Instrumental in architecting, implementing and administrating a Security and Information Event Management (SIEM) solution (QRADAR) to automate the correlation of I-Series, Windows and network devices. Utilized QRADAR for internal and External IDS, in addition to Cisco IPS.
- Implemented Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) pipelines for automating the security scanning process. Developed build scripts as part of DevSecOps to automate CI/CD. The tools such as Jenkins, Maven, ANT, Gradle have been utilized.
- Implemented Multifactor Authentication (MFA) for AWS root accounts, including password rotation policies.
- Performed the configuration of security solutions like RSA two factor authentication, Single Sign on (SSO), Confidential Vontu DLP and log aggregation and analysis using HP ArcSight SIEM.
- Set up Access Keys and Secret Assess Keys for newly created users.
- Developed WACLS for AWS Web Application Firewalls (WAF) and configured the rules and conditions to detect security vulnerabilities in the Cloud Front.
- Performed vulnerability testing using tools such as Tenable Nessus Security Center and Qualysguard.
- Developed Security requirements for Intrusion Detection and Data Loss Prevention (DLP) specifically for Data at Endpoint protection, Data In-transit, and Data at rest.
- Skilled using Burp Suite, Acunetix Automatic Scanner, NMAP, Dirbuster, Qualysguard, Nessus, SQLMap for web application penetration tests and infrastructure testing.
- Proficient in understanding application level vulnerabilities like XSS, SQL Injection, CSRF, authentication bypass, cryptographic attacks, authentication flaws etc.
Confidential, McLean, VA
Sr. Security Engineer
- Expertise in using the DAST tools while the application is running to penetrate the application in various ways to identify potential vulnerabilities outside the code and in third party interfaces.
- Analyzed security incidents originated from various network/application monitoring devices (e.g., Confidential DLP) and coordinated with Engineering teams for tracking and problem escalation, including remediation.
- Performed the penetration testing of mobile (Android and iOS) applications, specifically, APK reverse engineering, traffic analysis and manipulation, dynamic runtime analysis.
- Developed secureSDLC policies and standards for Web and Mobile apps.
- Working knowledge of SSO implementation for the applications deployed in AWS cloud platform.
- Provided Technical Support to the team and worked with various information technologies like network devices, operating systems, endpoint security systems such as intrusion protection, antivirus solutions, and information security technologies.
- Implemented security controls in accordance to NIST, CIS Benchmarks, FFIEC, ISO 27001 Frameworks.
- Worked with DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Maven, ANT, GITHub, Python for CI/CD integration.
- Defined and deployed monitoring, metrics, and logging systems.
- Implemented systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the web, mobile and cloud platforms. Designed, managed, and maintained tools to automate operational processes
- Developed Information Assurance (IA) designs to meet specific operational needs and environmental factors
- Participated in the implementation of AWS Cloud security for applications being deployed in the Cloud.
- Developed WACLS and configured to rules and conditions to detect security vulnerabilities in the AWS Cloud Front.
- Implemented OAuth2.0 and SAML authorization frameworks for granting permissions by third party Identify Providers.
- Experience with SaaS applications in configuring and deploying to the cloud platform Worked with DevOps teams to automate security scanning into the build process.
- Worked extensively with software development teams to review the source code, triage the security vulnerabilities generated by IBM AppScan, BurpSuite, HP WebInspect, HP Fortify, Checkmarx and eliminated false positives.
- Reviewed Android and iOS mobile source code manually and recommended code fixes.
- Participated in the Proof of Concept (POC) in implementing Arxan application protection software for Mobile apps.
- Performed Root Cause Analysis for the incidents reported at Security Operations Center.
- Performed Security event monitoring of heterogeneous networks such as Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Cisco ASA, DLP devices using Splunk.
- Solved many problems on call with my knowledge on the applications using event logs on the system / server and telemetry logs on the server, later started using Splunk for health monitoring, analysis and reporting.
- Used Remedy Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) tool for managing the incidents based on the priorities and solved issues which are in security domain.
- Generated Vulnerability reports to monitor health of the applications and reported High, Medium and low vulnerabilities in these systems.
- Troubleshoot network application inbound/outbound connectivity utilizing BluCoat proxies and Wireshark.
- Actively involved on Bridges in solving High / Severe incidents reported in the application or in environment. Reported all my findings on the incident status to the higher management, clients in timely fashion.
- Held Responsibility for Securing and Maintaining 14 legacy applications, 10 geographically separated application servers and around 200 Citrix Servers along with a small team.
Confidential, Confidential, OH
- Provided project planning, guidance and technical expertise in program, policy, process, and planning; risk management, auditing, and assessments; A&A; and quality planning and control.
- Researched and analyzed known hacker methodology, system exploits and vulnerabilities to support Red Team Assessment activities
- Performed advanced security testing of F5 load balancers, Websense V10K & BlueCoat Proxies using virtual machines, security tools, and URL generator.
- Assisted with the update and administration of all SOX audit requirements from an IT internal controls perspective.
- Performed security compliance assessments for all IT infrastructures (firewalls, routers, IDS/IPs, DLP, Linux/Windows security hardening).
- Provided with Threat profiling of the application to the Client and prepared combined reports of level of risks, their trend, and frequency to the client
- Conducted white/gray box penetration testing on the financial systems using Kali Linux, Cobalt Strike for OWASP top 10 Vulnerabilities like XSS, SQL Injection, CSRF, Privilege Escalation and all the test-case of a web application security testing
- Splunk licensing updates by adding new license under Admin and System and License Management.
- Ironport URL filtering for known bad URL content.
- Threat and virus scanning using Malwarebytes from centralized console Enforcement of policies and procedures for users, admins, and management
- Reverse engineering of malware using tools like malwr, process hacker and so on Incident response tabletop exercise by documenting and alerting necessary personnel.
- Developed company's principal Website, the lead generation mechanism for selling insurance over the Internet.
- Developed complete front & back end using JSPs & Servlets, Java Beans.
- Designed and developed effective internal Web applications, relational database and stored procedures to analyze and monitor all activities related to Web-based sales.
- Developed application presentation layer, which is based on Spring MVC framework involving JSP, Servlets and HTML, CSS.
- Involved in implementing SOAP as well as RESTful web services using WSDL, SOAP, JAX-WS, JAX- RS, SOAP UI and JERSEY.
- Developed this web application to store all system information in a central location. This was developed using Spring MVC, jQuery, JSP, Servlet, Oracle 10g, HTML and CSS.
- Automated sales monitoring and credit/identity verification application processes, decreasing costs and improving quality.
- Created documents related to System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) deliverables.
- Assisted in business process design and documentation as needed for new technology solution implementations.