- I have experience in rapid/concurrent new product development, electronic/electro - mechanical/mechanical products.
- I also have experience in Hardware Engineering, and Systems Engineering.
- I have worked in all areas: consumer, commercial, military, and Medical.
- As a Product Engineer/Product Manager, I have taken numerous product designs from concept to mass production.
- Expertise in the following areas ;Pro/e, Creo 2, and Solidworks 2015, part and assembly design, Hardware engineering, Structural and thermal analysis, Product packaging, plastic injection molding, plastic and aluminum extrusions, metal part design/fabrication, Die casting, Investment Casting, All types of tooling, resin technology, thermoplastic part design, injection mold tools, progressive die tooling, electromechanical design, metallic part design, sheet metal design, thermal management, chassis design, PCB design, Flex circuit design, DFMA, FMEA, EMI, RFI, EMC shielding techniques, and assembly/fixturing manufacturing engineering and tooling.
- Many design efforts in highly regulated environments controlled by government regulation both medical and Mil-spec, as well as FIPS and ITAR. I also have a Green Belt in 6 Sigma.
KEY WORDS / AREAS OF PRACTICE:
Injection mold part / tool design and development,Thermoplastic resin, Thermosetting resin, Machined part design Plastic & metal, Welding of metal parts, Electro-mechanical / Electronic Product Design, Rack & Back plane / mother-daughter board design,Power supply design and layout / High and low amperage/voltage, Design for Assembly (Boothroyd- Dewhurst Methodology/ software), Graphic design / label / overlay design, Membrane switch design w/ overlay, Sheet metal part, card cage design, Progressive die stamping design, Deep drawn metal part design, Manufacturing Engineering, Assembly fixtures, Assembly process / Assembly line set up, Plastic and aluminum extrusions, Robotic / Automatic Assembly process design, Compliance Engineering/ Agency Interface/ testing FCC, UL/C-UL, CE, Finite Elements Analysis (Cosmos, Nastran, Ideas), Thermal modeling/ management/ analysis (Nastran,), 3-D Solid Modeling ( Pro-E, Solidworks, Catia), 2-D Design & Drafting (AutoCad, Cadam, Pro-E, Solidworks), Statistical Process Control / Quality Control, Packag3 Design (clam shell, fiber board/carton/dunnage/shipping testing), Vacuum forming / molding, Elastomer Design (Silicone key /carbon puck design, o-ring, gaskets, Part Adhesive and Gasketing systems, EMI/RFI shielding, mesh, gaskets, liquid, adhesive, foil, etc., Die cast design, Printed Circuit Board Design (tango-PC), Sonic Welding of Plastic Parts & Horn development, Stereo-lithography rapid prototyping / Rapid product development, Agile PDM implementation,Engineering Management, Project management (MS Project, Texim Project), Spread sheet and d-base management (MS excel, MS access, d-base), Strategic Design Certified (Bart Huthwaite institute for competitive design), Office suites (MS Office products), Engineering Management, Drafting department management, Concurrent / team based Product development, Taguchi Methods/QFD, PFMEA, DFMEA, DFMA, CCB - Change Control Board / MRB - Materials Control Board, Systems Management/configuration management. KPI,solidworks, CREO, windchill, Medical, Mil spec, FARS, DFX
Senior Principal Engineer / Sr. Principal Mechanical Design Engineer
- Leading Team based New Product development efforts for a new ling of very high tech liquid level Gauges for customers.
- I am leading efforts with regards to architecture, produce-ability/manufacturability and over project management on several product lines, and part of the team as an individual mechanical design contributor.
Senior Principal Engineer / Sr. Principal Mechanical Design Engineer
- In charge of design and transition into production of high tech, high reliability, video related products for the Law Enforcement market segment.
- Since being at Confidential I been able to implement changes to bring higher reliability to the overall product line while also bring into production.
- I am currently bringing the into Production.
- I have dealt with the technical aspects and challenges from an operational standpoint of both GPS and Wi-Fi within an existing NON- RF transparent enclosure.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- Designed Military grade laptop, tablets, and peripherals.
Senior Mechanical/Project Engineer
- As Senior Mechanical/Product Engineer at Confidential I was in charge of Product improvements and value added engineering on 2 main legacy products.
- I was also the lead mechanical design engineer on the new Infusion pump just now being introduced.
Senior Systems Engineer / Mechanical Design Engineer
- Conceptualize and designed hand held graphing calculators and peripherals including USB connected and 802.11n wireless devices.
- Systems Engineering for a wide variety of connected devices including inner-connect design and connection protocol. This included publishing systems design specifications,.
- Major mechanical project /product design hands on design contributor.
- Consulted on sustaining engineering of legacy product.
- Worked on technical strategic road map.
- Managed and design a line of CDG’s and Process control devices for the wafer fab industry.
- Directed all phases of departmental projects, ensuring conformity to department standards and product development procedures to meet or exceed customer and industry requirements.
- Partnered with Sales and Program Management in researching and analyzing d Confidential such as customer design proposals, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or applications.
- Determined appropriate test processes for new products, and analyzes d Confidential to ensure DFM cost controls are achieved and Quality standards are not compromised.
- Directed research and testing of critical outsource components, and specifies approved manufacturers to ensure highest fit/ form/ function while maintaining cost controls.
- Conducted/ participated in design reviews in accordance with established NPI process, ensuring all sign-offs are obtained before moving through established phase gates.
- Provided technical writing support, manufacturing and field service support, and as necessary to printed circuit designers and design drafters.
- Oversaw creation of critical bills of materials and other related documents on all products, ensuring DFM standards are met.
- Reviews and approves applicable ECOs, including all CCB.
- Provided mentoring, leadership, career, and ongoing guidance to assigned personnel in accomplishing their duties, monitoring their progress, and evaluating their performance. Assists as needed in problem resolution.
- Responsible for developing, communicating, and managing departmental goals, plans and milestones.
- Was responsible for individual and departmental new product design, and development.
- Responsible for Engineering talent acquisition and management. Including departmental reviews /goals
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer/ Project Engineer
- Responsible for design and implementation of CDMA base station appliances.
- This included working with, and giving instruction to, a team based effort with engineers.
- 6 Sigma product development, Green Belt. 6 SIGMA tolerance in design.
Senior Product Engineer
- Developed the RIM-600 product line of IP addressable security devices to be used in Centers, and where ever electronic infrastructure protection was needed.
- In charge of bringing this product line in, with 1.5 M projected annual revenue.
- Worked on their Teraframe cabinet system.
Senior Project/Product/tooling Engineer
- Designed and managed connector and harness engineering development projects for Mil-spec, and commercial aerospace applications.
- This included testing, analysis, FAI, QA and Documentation
- In charge of all injection mold tool design, manufacture, and process evaluation.
- 6 Sigma Green Belt
Sr. Project/Product/tooling Engineer
- Helped develop electronic products for electronic pet containment system, doing both wall mount and Hand held control devices.
- Specifically hired for Plastic injection mold tooling knowledge and Product development expertise.
- Contributed to electronics packaging and design in Pro-E, and Solidworks.
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
- Worked on the electro-mechanical systems of their dry film processing.
- Worked on various sub-systems doing part design, in plastic and metal, failure analysis, and process/mechanical improvements, as well as Design Verification/Validation Testing (DVT’s).
Lead Sr. Project/Product Engineer
- As a Project/Product Development Engineer my work consisted of design and development of Smart energy packs for hand held devices, for many of the major manufacturers..
- This included design both mechanical design, supervising/coordinating electrical design, project management, customer and vendor interface.
- Worked closely with sales and marketing to insure we made the highest quality product for the customer. Interconnect systems.
Sr. Project/Project Engineer
- Responsibilities included management of New Product Development Projects which included, but not limited to Design, Analysis, Solid Modeling, tooling, costing, vendor evaluation, and quality.
- As such we executed design for internal connections with in many hand held devices manly for Nokia in San Diego.
- Methods employed included Concurrent Engineering and Rapid Development Methods, including M/S project, M/S office suite and Lotus Notes.