- With over 14 years of extensive wireless and wired telecommunications experience in the field of Operations & Maintenance, Integration, Configuration, Optimization both in RAN and CORE Network in different technologies (LTE, WiMAX, IPRAN, DWDM, NGN, MSAN, ADSL).
- Excellent knowledge in LTE RAN standards and network architecture.
- Working and hands - on experience in LTE RAN commissioning, integration, configurations, scripts preparations, troubleshooting, Software testing/upgrade, Carrier Aggregation, methods of procedures and test instruction developments.
- Knowledgeable with LTE RF network parameters, KPI counters & associated measurements with Project Support involvement on RF Tuning and Optimization.
- Knowledgeable on GSM/WCDMA/UMTS/WiMAX Technologies.
- With extensive hands-on training and experience on IP network Planning and Low Level Design(LLD).
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in Routers and Laye2/Layer3 Switches, commissioning, configurations, Operations and Maintenance.
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience in LAN/WAN(Frame Relay and Packet switching) environment, TCP/IP and IP Addressing/Subnetting, IP/MPLS, OSPF, BGP, ISIS, Static Routing, PWE3, L2VPN, L3VPN, VPLS/VPWS, VRF, End-to-End QoS, HoVPN, MSPW, Layer2 and Layer3 Switching and Routing.
- Knowledgeable in Linux/Unix, and some OSS platform similar to iSON, EdenNet
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in NOKIA AMOB Airscale with ASIA System Module & Capacity ABIA Plug-in Unit, NOKIA Flexi BTS Platform for EnodeB/NodeB/BTS FSMSF/FSME/ESMB System Modules and FBBC/A Baseband Modules using RF Modules FRIJ, FRIE, FRIG, FRIA FXFC/FHFB, FRLB, FRIA, FXFB on different frequency bands L2100/L1900/L700, U2100/U1900 & G1900, NOKIA BTS Site Manager/NetAct, CISCO Routers/Switches, ZTE LTE Products such as EnodeB (ZXSDR B8200 Baseband Unit(BBU) and ZXSDR R8964 & ZXSDR R8984E Remote Radio Unit(RRU), ZTE WiMAX Products such as Base Station (ZXMBW B9100 Baseband Unit(BBU) and ZXMBW R9100 Remote Radio Unit(RRU), ZTE WiMAX-Core (ZXMBW AGW Wireless Access Gateway), ZTE Routers ZXCTN 9000-8E/18E & Packet Transport Network(PTN) products (ZXCTN 9008, ZXCTN 9004, ZXCTN 9002, ZXCTN 6220 and ZXCTN 6180), ZTE Data Products(ZXR10 T600 Routers, ZXR10 T64G & ZXR10 8905 L3 Switches, ZXR 10 2800/3900/5900 L2 Switches series), ZTE DWDM Products such as (ZXONE 8000 and ZXMP M721).
- Experience in the operation of the following voice and data equipments: STAREX-IMS (PABX), LG-IC STAREX-TX-1, KRONE WLL system, TELECT & STARDAX Digital Cross Connect System, Lucent Technologies Excel EXS - 2000 Tandem switch, Bayly Multiplexer, Athena Frame Relay, CISCO Routers, VoiceMaster Softswitch, Quintum Products(Tenor Multipath VoIP Gateway AX and DX Series D2400, D3200, A800), PABX(Ericsson MD-110, KTS AV38, Lucent AVAYA - G3SI), ZTE ADSL ATM&IP DSLAM Products(ZXDSL 9806H IP DSLAM & ZXDSL 9806A IP DSLAM, ZXDSL 8220 ATM DSLAM), ZTE NGN-core/access Products(ZXSS10 SS1B Softswitch, ZXMSG9000 Media Gateway, ZXSS10 B200 Boarder Gateway), ZTE MSAN Products(ZXMSG5200 indoor & ZXMSGOUT40F outdoor).
- With knowledge and experience in different wireline technologies, Next Generation Networks (NGN) CORE technology (Softswitch, Media Gateway and Signaling Gateway), Multi-service Access Network(MSAN) and Asymmetric Digital Subscribers Line(ADSL).
- With Certificate of Appreciation in the participation of successful test of ADSL2+ and VoIP services of Full Service Access Platform ZXDSL 9806H - “ZTE DSLAM that can be migrated to MSAN”.
Nokia RAN Integration Support Engineer
- Perform Nokia T-Mobile remote integration support of eNB/NodeB/BTS of Nokia Airscale & Flexi BTS Platform using the BTS Site Manager/NetAct tool which includes Software Update, SCF files commissioning and RFDS Configuration parameters.
- Remotely support via BTS Site Manager/NetAct the conversion to Nokia AMOB Airscale using ASIA System Module and ABIA Baseband Capacity Plugin Unit to RF Modules with different frequency bands (2100/1900/700 ) the Alpha, Beta, Gamma or even up to Epsilon Delta and Zeta sectors for LTE/UMTS/GSM with RF sharing and Carrier Aggregation(CA).
- Configure adding new technology and Sectors and upgrade capacity for the existing Nokia Flexi BTS Platform and perform modifications of the existing antenna and diplexer for different bands (2100/1900/700 ) of LTE/UMTS/GSM. Integrate also T-Mobile new build site for the LTE/UMTS/GSM requirements.
- Integrate to CSR 7705 SAR Router for the TRS OAM connection. Verify all signaling alarms related going to the Core Network Elements. Troubleshoot and coordinate all related TRS connection alarms.
- Perform support on alarm clearing and troubleshooting such as VSWR, RX/TX Level Monitoring, Antennal Line Failure, RET failure, External Alarms which includes High Temp, Door Alarm, External NSI, Rectifier Fail, LOCP via BTS Site Manager and check parameters & physical interconnection which includes the jumper cable, antenna, COVP’s, hybrid cables, SFP modules, etc.
- Conduct end-to-end test calls validation and lock/unlock cells for the non-emergency test call and verified logs requirements.
- Configure Delta 502 and New controller and troubleshoot related alarms and connections.
- Supervise and coordinate GC for the hardware and physical related integration/connection on-site.
- Perform remotely pre and post check logs validation after the integration activity.
- Responsible in providing back office support of LTE EnodeB RAN commissioning, integration, configuration, testing, verification, SW upgrade, Carrier Aggregation, and Operations & Maintenance using Netnumen U31 Configuration Management EMS.
- Create and prepare XML commissioning scripts according to Radio and Ground paramaters plan for new Node for integration. Load script to the Netnumen U31 and export this XML file for commissioning and to be loaded during stand alone integration to site via LMT tool. Re-commission, modification, review and edit script files if necessary via Netnumen Configuration Management.
- Support new node for integration and troubleshooting, check Baseband unit(BBU) and Remote Radio unit(RRU) alarms and perform step-by-step node isolation to locate the problem. Perform connectivity test and HW and SW diagnosis test for isolation.
- Perform E2E validation, testing and troubleshooting and work closely with EPC CORE-network and TX transmission team for S1-C(MME), S1-U(SGW), X2, and OAM.
- Support Proof Of Concept(POC), develop test plans and Method Of Procedure(MOP) and simulate test bed and Pilot testing for new SW updates, Hardware and features.
- Alarm Monitoring and Troubleshooting, analyze and clear faults reported through Netnumen U31 EMS.
- Perform daily routine check up and maintain the service delivery in accordance with the agreed SLA. Generate technical reports for reference to be used by the group for proper documentation and ease of troubleshooting and isolation.
- Create a weekly report of the KPI statistic of the whole network performance weekly illustrated graphically on site availability, site outage and congestion such as E-RAB Drop Rate, RRC Establishment Succes Rate, E-RAB Setup Success Rate, S1 Setup Success Rate and Call Setup Success Rate) to be submit with the customer Performance Management. Attended regular meetings with customers with prepared necessary reports and action items.
- Perform configurations on all LTE EnodeB thru Netnumen U31 Configurations Management. Modifying RF network parameters including addition, deletion and redefining cell neighbors.
- Analysis of KPI’s and Counters, investigation and improvement of network quality problems.
- Involved and support RF tuning and optimization by implementing new features and tuning LTE radio network parameters based from different gathered data of KPI monitoring and analysis, drive testing results and SW upgrades activity for a stable network accessibility, retain-ability, mobility and throughput.
- Work closely with Evolved Packet Core(EPC) during LTE integration to validate configurations and call flow analysis, traces and diagnose to resolve complex problem.
- Prepare, review and submit Funtion Test(FT) report conducted by Field Engineers upon on-airing which includes Downlink(DL)/Uplink(UL) Throughout, Ping Test and Speedtest for Near Point and Cell Edge location.
- Operations and Maintenance of IPRAN/CORE Backhaul Aggregation using (ZXCTN 9000-8E/18E Routers) and PTN(Packet Transport Network equipment such as (ZXCTN 9008), (ZXCTN 9004), (ZXCN 9002), (ZXCTN 6220) and (ZXCTN 6180).
- Create commissioning script for new Node for integration. Support new Node commissioning, link-up, testing and validation of ZXCTN 9000-8E&18E High-End Core Routers ZXCTN 9008/9004/9002/6220/6180 series Packet Transport Network(PTN) equipment.
- Configurations of IP/MPLS which includes HoVPN, MSPW, L2VPN, L3VPN, L2/L3 Bridge including PWE3, multi-VRF terminations, and QoS for different services of 2G, 3G, LTE, WiMAX, Broadband, WiFi, NMS, etc. depending on the client requirements.
- Configurations of different routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP, IGP, and ISIS according to LLD design.
- Integrate to IPRAN/PTN network the southbound and northbound services for BTS/BSC, NodeB/RNC, E-nodeB, WiMax/Broadband via Hierarchy VPN, MSPW, L2VPN/L3VPN, SD-WAN and perform end-to-end service validation.
- Responsible for the integration, service cut-over and re-homing to IPRAN/CORE PTN transmission network of LTE S1-U, S1-C, OAM, X2, 3G/2G IP-CLK, IuB, MuB, IuPS, IuCS, IuR, NMS, SIGTRAN, AoIP, GB services. Test and validate each services end-to-end.
- Support mapping, configurations clean-up, script and MOP preparations prior to actual migration.
- Supervise and support NOC on duties 24*7 for the Operations & Maintenance and perform alarm monitoring and troubleshooting for critical, major and minor alarms to meet SLA. Escalate critical issues and coordinate with R&D for restorations.
- Monitor KPI, Bandwidth utilization, CPU utilization and Receive Signal Level (RSL) for network evaluation and optimization.
- Perform and support TX Optimization by modifications of network protocol parameters, IP filtering of VPN routes, SW Version Upgrade, Interoperability Test, and Services re-grooming. Create scripts and Method of Procedures (MOP) for every minor/major/critical activities in the IPRAN/PTN networks. Conduct regular Preventive Maintenance (PM) to evaluate network conditions.
- Attended regular and monthly operations meetings with customers, prepared necessary reports and action items.
- Coordinate and request Work Orders for every network activities that includes migration, cluster service re-grooming, SW version upgrade and other related network configurations.
- Support Planning, Site surveys, Technical Site Survey Report(TSSR), Installations supervision, Hardware and Software commissioning, Integration, Testing, Operations & Maintenance of ZTE NGN Core Network equipment which includes (ZXSS10 SS1b) Softswitch, (ZXMSG9000) Media Gateways, (ZXSS10 B200) Routers, (ZXR10 T64G & ZXR10 8905) Layer 3 switches and (ZXR 10 2800/3900/5900 ) Layers 2 switch series).
- Perform hardware and software System Acceptance Test(SAT) of equipment. MGW E1 loopback testing, troubleshooting and activation. SS signaling trace, features and L2/L3 switch test.
- Configurations and Troubleshooting of Routers and Switches for voice, data, media and signaling.
- Media Gateway(MGW) and Softswitch(SS) debugging, method of procedure and test instructions.
- Involved and support E1 R2 and LAG Migration from PSTN to NGN Core network.
- Responsible for AS-BUILT and documentations of the projects for PAC/FAC.
- Responsible for Planning, Site surveys, Technical Site Survey Report(TSSR), Installations supervision, Commissioning, Integration, Testing and Operations & Maintenance of ZTE NGN Access Layer (ZXMSG5200) & (ZXMSG OUT40F) MSAN Access Gateway equipment.
- Integrations and configurations of MSAN devices to ALU ESS 7450 for ring network topology.
- Configurations for subscribers provisioning of voice/data and E1 Leased Line services.
- Perform H.248 Signaling trace and analysis.
- Conduct Acceptance testing and feature test validation prior to migration.
- Review cutsheet for TID configurations and Sofswitch(SS) loading prior to actual migrations.
- Perform network optimization, software version upgrade and interoperability test. Create and perform Method of Procedure(MOP), test instructions and developments.
- Perform access subscribers Migration and validation from PSTN to NGN Core network.
- AS-BUILT and documentations of the projects for PAC/FAC.
Network Management Engineer
- Monitor and assist in the management of the Node Operations Center. A multi-tasking job that include in the area of Microwave Transmission and Switching Operations.
- Resolve switching problems on voice services, including close coordination with other carrier for trunk comparison, switching and signaling problems.
- Routine check-up of all billing servers, microwave link status and other voice and data systems, including Frame Relay and Tandem Switch, PABX, Multiplexers and Digital Cross-connects.
- Resolve and provide assistance for international trunk customers including isolation on both local and international termination.
- Perform daily test for network connections and communication equipments used for voice, data services and WLL integrity.
- Resolve routing problem on voice services including close coordination with carrier-to-carrier switch problem.
- Gather statistics and general data; review, analyzes, and combine the information into summarized reports used as a reference within and outside the department. Such reports may be in spreadsheet or graphical format, or narrative style word processing, like CDR statistics, call traces and trouble tickets.