- A highly accomplished and forward - thinking Telecommunications Professional, with extensive experience in network development and installation, equipment testing and maintenance, configurations, bench testing, circuit design, project management, telecommunications, and training and development. Leverages analysis and technical skills to maintain ticket systems, repair equipment, and maintain equipment inventories for outages. A dedicated and goal-driven producer, who develops standards and procedures for long-distance networks, designs fiber-optic networks to drive service quality, and establishes vendor cost models to limit expenses.
Confidential, Las Vegas, Nevada
Network Technician II
- Operated switch site for company in Las Vegas, Nevada, as well as covered southern Utah.
- Oversaw one soft switch, Titan 5500 DACS, Cisco routers, and auxiliary equipment.
- Worked site, accepting loops from various LECs and connecting to proper equipment.
- Configured and bench-tested various vendors’ routers, delivered router to customer locations, and performed installation and test.
- Managed trouble ticket system and open trouble tickets with LECs. Worked with LECs and vendors to resolve customer issues. Remained on call 24 hours for repair of downed circuits.
- Tuned up and tested circuits for customers end-to-end at DS0, DS1, DS3, and Ethernet circuits 5 M to 100 G for private line, voice, and data services.
- Maintained and operated multiplex equipment, including M1/3s, channel banks, routers, DXCs, and lightwave equipment.
- Conducted site surveys at various smaller sites as needed.
- Prepared equipment inventories for spare equipment in case of outages.
Confidential, Denver, Colorado
Senior Engineer, Long-Distance Implementation
- Created standards and procedures for company’s long-distance network.
- Established documentation on proper installation of equipment.
- Worked with contracting companies on procedures and standards.
- Helped design national 20,000-mile fiber-optic network, including detailed span designs, loss budget calculations, fiber allocations, and placement of multiple DWDM equipment platforms.
- Produced detailed network designs for various DWDM and network management equipment vendors (Nortel, Fujitsu, Ciena, Cisco).
- Developed detailed engineering design standards and processes for all network equipment implementation activities.
- Designed equipment cost models for various vendor platforms. Managed design and implementation engineers and contractors. Served as member of core team within company, performing all equipment vendor selections.