- I am an associate with Confidential Consultancy Services for the last 10 years working as assistant consultant in Network - Technical LEAD Role with total 12+ years of work experience in telecom infrastructure services. My main area of experience is Administration & Architect in end to end Telecom infrastructure delivery and services on both DATA & VOICE network.
- I have strong expertise in Routing, Switching, security (firewall) and have good hands on in Cisco Devices and checkpoint firewalls.
- Broad knowledge and Have hands on experience in building and redesign datacenters, Branch office relocation, New Network setup and migrations, Wireless infrastructure implementations, Firewall migrations, DMZ redesign, managing voice infrastructure using Cisco CUCM and Unity, Attendant console using cisco voip phones.
- Currently working as a service delivery Network Lead in RBS - NATWESTMARKETS managing, installing, configuring and supporting End to End delivery in DATA & Voice network infrastructure that operates in NA .
- Currently single handed to completed the transition from insource to outsource model.
- Worked as a Subject Matter Expert in General Reinsurance corporation managing, installing, configuring and supporting End to End delivery in DATA & Voice network infrastructure that operates through more than 45 offices in NA and International locations.
- Worked as computer network architect in DATA CENTER MIGRATION project for Confidential, supported live migration from one data centre to new data centre in Trumbull location.
- Worked as a Network administrator in Confidential - Chennai Noc managing, and troubleshooting entire network devices and components of 11 branches with more than 1000 projects across Chennai.
- Worked as location Datacenter engineer for couple of years, managed all network devices in Confidential - Velachery Datacenter and ensured high availability.
- Network monitoring - Tier 1 support for IT network infra-structure services to Centrica - British gas.
- Subject Matter Expert - support for Confidential desktops and portables and basic networking devices used in small business.
- Proven success in solution providing, project management, system analysis, implementation and post-implementation support and maintenance. Exceptional experience working in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environments.
- 12+ years of experience in network design, implementation, troubleshooting, engineering, managing & migration of large-scale enterprise networks.
- Very good experience in Data center migration and Office move / New Bulid or Engineering and implementation work.
- Exposure to LAN/WAN setup, installation, configuration and troubleshooting on Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Nexus Switches, Firewall, Proxy, Riverbed, VPN Concentrator.
- Experience in layer-3 Routing and layer-2 Switching. Dealt with Nexus models like 9K, 7K, 5K, 2K series, Cisco router models like 7200, 3800, 3600, 2800, 2600, 2500, 1800 series and Cisco catalyst 6500, 4500, 3750, 3500, 2900 series switches.
- Experience in implementing site-to-site and remote access VPN Technologies using GRE, IPSEC & MPLS across 45 locations in Confidential project.
- Implementing security policies using ACL in Switches and Routers.
- Very Good knowledge of IP Addressing, Subnetting, ARP, OSI and TCP/IP.
- Experience in Network Management Tools and sniffers like SNMP, whatsup gold, solar winds, Wireshark. support 24 x 7 Network Operation Center.
- Dealt with the increasing problems for Routing, Switching and WAN connectivity problems using ticketing system like Remedy Ticketing System, ServiceNow and HPNNMI.
- Responsible for designing and deploying various network security & high availability products like Cisco ASA,fortigate.
- Experience in configuring/administrating technologies including: Cisco ASA,Checkpoint and Fortigate firewalls.
- Experience in Adminstration in Citrix Load balancers of a Round robin/Least connection/ GLB based load balancers methods.
- Well experienced in configuring protocols like HSRP, GLBP, VRRP, ICMP, IGMP and SNMP.
- Strong knowledge in configuring and troubleshooting Cisco, Meru Wireless Networks:
- Efficient at use of Microsoft VISIO/Office as technical documentation and presentation tools.
- Excellent leadership with good written and oral communication skills
Routers: Cisco ASR 1002, ISR 4430, 3900, 2900 series routers.
Switches: Cisco 2960, 3850, 3750, 4500,6500, Nexus 2K/3K/5K/7K series
Routing Protocols: RIP V1/V2, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, Summarization, Route Filtering, Redistribution.
Switching: VLANs, Dot1Q, VTP, STP, RSTP, PVST+, RPVST, VLAN Maps, Inter VLAN, Multi-Layer Switching, Ether channels (LACP, PAgP), VSS, vPC, VDC, DCEF, Port Security
Gateway Redundancy: HSRP, VRRP, GLBP
Security/Firewalls: Cisco ASA Firewalls, Checkpoint firewall 300,200,Ip390,virtual appliances, IPSEC &SSL VPNs, IPS/IDS, DMZ Setup, CBAC, Cisco NAC, ACL, IOS Firewall features, IOS Setup & Security Feature.
Network Security: VPN, Port-security, AAA & IOS based Router security firewalls
Operating Systems: Checkpoint R65, R75, R77.30, Juniper Steel-belted Radius, Kiwi Catools, Syslogs, RTMT
Ticketing Software: Service Now, & Remedy.
Load balancers: Citrix load balancers.
Protocols: IP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, NAT, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, IPSEC, SSL, HTTP, SSH
LAN Technologies: Ethernet Standards, VLAN, Inter-VLAN, VTP, STP, RSTP, SMTP, Ether Channel
Network Management Tools: Solarwinds Orion, Whatup Gold, Mazu Netflow Analyzer,visio.
- Responsible for End to End Network Operations of Client Data and Voice Network across north America locations with RBS client.
- Completed the Transition from in-source to outsource single handley and currently taking care of global operations with managing global teams.
- Design and Implemented the our Confidential offshore Network Setup and completed the implementation successfully with two different MPLS cloud failover to the offshore and Dr setup of delivery centers in Chennai and Bangalore.
- Taking care of overall operations of Network Data / Voice and guidance to all the projects coming as Maintenance request and service request, Managing entire infrastructure devices like routers, switches, Cisco wireless controllers, access points, Confidential ip phones, Ciena DRW optical network, Confidential site manager, and manging two live data centres.
- Confidential worked as SME providing solutions and guidance to all the projects coming as Maintenance request and service request, Managing entire infrastructure devices like routers, switches, wireless controllers, access points, cisco ip phones, fax machines, cisco call manager, unity connection, Attendant console in headquarters and in data center.
- Completed the entire data center migration for the Confidential project.
- Data Centre(DC) migration, Administration and Maintenance includes, core switches, Data center nexus switches, ASR routers, Vpn routers, Voice gateways, Firewalls, Wireless Controllers, Bluecoat reverse proxy, load Blancer(hardware),dmz switches, Confidential servers, Call manager CUCM, Cisco unity.
- Project Management, Governance, Trend analysis, Project management review deck and weekly client’s status on deliverables deck presentations made and presented to our cients.
- Confidential NOC services managing, and troubleshooting entire network devices and components across Chennai and Coimbatore Confidential locations through centralized Network Operation Center and it’s about 13 locations, 2000 Cisco switches, 200 Cisco routers,200 links and other network devices.
- Working in high resilient LAN with network redundancy using Ether channel configured in 3-Tier architecture Core - Distribution - Access switch in MST loop free network.
- Conducted Periodic VA test, Network device hardening and BCP for network devices
- Created Visio documentation for network topology
- Managed all network devices in Data center and location network devices - ensured high availability.
- Providing Tier 1 support for all British gas employees regarding networking, server, Applications problems and assist to raise service requests in HP Open view and coordinating with other teams effectively solving problems with Sla following ITIL frame work.
Assistant system engineer
- Providing resolution to the unresolved issues and handling site escalation and customer responded mails.Provided on call support for Confidential desktops and portables and basic networking devices used in small business.