As a Network Operations Engineer III, I provide global network event management support on next generation network platforms, supporting the various Enterprise, Private Data, and Telemetry IP networks; working in a 24/7 Network Management Center (NMC), providing troubleshooting support and communications of network outages to management.
Confidential, Cary, NC
- Proactive network monitoring, following established procedures when responding to network alarms and events.
- Perform triage and initial fault isolation, and providing technical assistance to external teams.
- Trouble Ticket management, Outage flash management, processing escalations.
- Communicate technical details and status to customer service centers, technical support organizations and executive management teams.
- Utilize strong IP/MPLS networking background and knowledge of various vendor platforms.
- Development of effective automation solutions and leveraging virtualization to drive effective network management.
- Utilize a comprehensive knowledge of IP telecommunication equipment and technologies (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel, ATM, Frame Relay) and processes and systems as well as department of company policies and procedures. Utilize knowledge of routing protocols (MPLS, LDP, BGP, IS - IS, OSPF) and familiarity with concepts associated to cloud computing and virtualization.
- Interface with Vendor, Engineering and Service Assurance teams to support the network, services and customers.
- Responsible for the collection and submission of network and service management requirements to IT to support the deployment of new platforms and services.
- Execute on policies and procedures in support of strategic objectives.
- Utilize technical expertise to give presentations to internal and external leaders on analytics that support new platforms, network health, products and services.
- Utilize highly technical skills in tools/applications relating to router access, scripting, log searching.
- Adherence to tested Methods of Procedure for all Router maintenance work and also work with the router vendors to troubleshoot problems that fall outside maintenance.
- Provide 7x24 network support for Social Security Administration to proactively and reactively monitor and maintain internetworking functions for Confidential ’s 1,400+ offices.
- Identify and troubleshoot network issues via remote testing systems at the Ethernet, T1, DS1, DS3 and E1 physical & logical layer, often working in conjunction with local telecommunications companies to restore service.
- Perform fault isolation maintenance and configuration management of the WAN/LAN network infrastructure for the Social Security Administration.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Provide 24x7 network support to the Confidential to proactively monitor and maintain inter-networking functions for 22 different agencies.
- Troubleshoot network issues via remote testing systems at the Ethernet, T1, DS1 and DS3 physical & logical layer, often working in conjunction with local telecommunications companies to restore service.
- Perform fault isolation maintenance and configuration management of Cisco routers, modems and APC Smart-UPS.
- Extensive use of Riverbed optimization
2nd Shift Inventory Supervisor
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
- Responsible for supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and of up to 9 associates.
- Duties include: Unload freight, stock and other materials to and from storage and sales floor areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles and other equipment.
Customer Care Specialist
Confidential, Raleigh-Durham, NC
- Responded to inquiries in a call center environment supporting the iOS mobile devices including iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, iTunes, and iCloud.
- Responded to telephone inquiries and complaints in a call center environment using standard scripts and procedures for Confidential clients with Medicare Advantage and/or Prescription drug plans.
- Gathered information, researched/resolved inquiries and logged customer calls.
- Communicated appropriate options for resolution in a timely manner.
Broadband Cable Installation Contractor
Confidential, RALEIGH, NC
- Mapped out, installed, repaired and maintained video, High-Speed D Confidential and VoIP services throughout eastern North Carolina for clients of Confidential
- Responded to repair calls in person
- Repaired damaged systems; Reported and signed off on completed jobs; Performs other duties as assigned.
Broadband I/S Technician
Confidential, MORRISVILLE, NC
- Directly responsible for installation and/or service from the tap to the customers equipment.
- Accountable for referring problems between the tap and head-end to plant technicians.
- Installs equipment and network interface units and drop wires into customer location.
- Disconnects and reconnects service as instructed.
- Tests equipment to adjust signal strength and ensure optimum reception.
- Communicates with customers on-site, encouraging them to upgrade equipment or service packages.
- Demonstrates ability to learn equipment and steps required for correct installations and basic problem solving.
- Handles routine installations.
- When non-routine issues arise, chooses from clear-cut courses of action for next steps or escalates.
- Receives detailed instructions on all work.
- Work is closely supervised and reviewed for completeness and accuracy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.