- Designing, building and supporting secure and highly available Exchange server systems.
- Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010/2013/2016.
- Exchange Server - Exchange Online hybrid experience.
- Migrating legacy Exchange Server systems to newer versions.
- On-premise Exchange Server to Exchange Online migrations.
- Migrating/merging Active Directory and Exchange Server systems using Quest Migration Manager.
- Active Directory support and migration.
- Windows 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016.
- Configuring and troubleshooting SMTP gateways.
- Automation with PowerShell.
- IronPort and Email Security.
- Dell PowerEdge Servers.
- VMware virtualization.
- DNS, Group Policy, TCP/IP, load-balancing.
- Some Linux
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
Principal Systems Engineer
- Designing, building and supporting highly available Exchange 2007, 2010 and 2013 systems.
- Providing engineering support for enterprise level messaging projects.
- Troubleshooting complex messaging problems.
- Merging/migrations messaging systems after company acquisitions.
- Troubleshooting Active Directory related messaging problems.
- Automating processes with PowerShell.
- Exchange engineer in a 68,000-plus Exchange Server 2003 mailbox environment in a multi-domain, multi-AD site environment.
- Microsoft Exchange 2003, Blackberry and IronPort e-mail security messaging platform.
- Provided technical support for litigation hold and e-Discovery activities.
- Served as point of escalation to assist Help Desk in resolving difficult user support issues
- Identified and resolved SMTP routing issues affecting Exchange environment.
Exchange Migration Engineer
- Migrated a little over 1000 users from Exchange 2003 to 2007 in a cross-organization environment after a company merger.
- Migrated Active Directory 2003 user accounts and groups across organizations as part of the Exchange migration.
- Evaluated, tested and migrated public folders from Exchange 2003 to 2007 using Quest Migration Manager.
- Migrated users from Lotus Notes to Exchange 2007 using Quest Notes Migrator for Exchange.
- Managed a clustered Exchange 2007 environment in co-existence with Exchange 2003 and Lotus Notes.
- Provided Blackberry Enterprise Server support.
- Wrote knowledge-based articles on Exchange/Outlook 2007 for Helpdesk and desktop support staff.
- Migrated about 600 users from MDaemon to Exchange 2007.
- Migrated Active Directory user and service accounts from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003 after a company merger.
- Managed users and workstations with Group Policy.
- Built, configured and supported Windows 2000/2003 servers.
- Built and supported virtualized servers in VMware.
- Published applications and resources in a Citrix farm.
- Provided Tier 2 support for users in a financial institution.
- Provisioned applications, operating system updates and patches via Group Policy using Marimba software.
- Built custom Windows XP images using Ghost.
- Provided technical support for end - users in a Biotechnology company
- Member of a team that migrated 1500 users from Windows NT to Windows 2000 and from Lotus Notes to Exchange 2000/Outlook 2000.
- Supported Exchange 2000/Outlook users.
- Troubleshot and resolved software, hardware and network connectivity issues.
- Wrote documentation for software installations.
- Was solely responsible for day - to-day administration of a Windows NT LAN
- Provided technical support for users in local and remote offices. Assisted in the design, installation and support of LAN/WAN infrastructure.
- Deployed LANs in new offices overseas.
- Administered and supported users on Exchange 5.5.
- Updated servers and workstations and managed printers.
- Maintained and monitored backup procedures using Backup Exec software.
- Was responsible for Y2K rollout, which involved testing all software applications and hardware to Y2K standards.
- Trained end-users on the proper use of computers and improved IT standards and procedure.
- Maintained asset management database.
- Was responsible for purchasing equipment and software.
I.T. Support Technician
- Rolled out Windows NT for a new 300 - user office building using GHOST.
- Installed and tested computers, servers and printers for the new LAN.
- Diagnosed and resolved hardware and printing problems related to the rollout.
I.T. Support Technician
- Provided Tier 2 technical support in a Windows NT/Novell Netware network.
- Assisted in migrating about 400 users from Windows 3.11 to Windows NT4.
- Diagnosed and resolved hardware, software, printing and network problems.
Field Service Technician
- Installed computers and peripherals for customers.
- Repaired, upgraded, installed and networked computers.
- Trained new users on Windows 95.
Systems Computer Technician
- Built, repaired, configured and upgraded computers.
- Installed processors, memory, motherboards and other computer parts and peripherals.
- Provided telephone technical support to customers.