- Over 30 years of IT experience, primarily as a database administrator working with Adabas and related SAG products in Confidential mainframe and UNIX environments. Also extensive DBA experience in an Oracle environment.
- UNIX, UNIX commands, including shell scripting
- Confidential platform, Confidential Z/OS, MVS, XA, CICS, JCL, RACF, IMS and utilities
- Adabas and Natural internals
- Natural, Natural Security, Predict, Entire Access, Entire Broker on TSO, CICS as well as interfaces to DB/2, IMS - DB and VSAM
- Tuning products including APAS, and Insight
- PLEU for auditing purposes
- Oracle V9, 10 and 11g, OEM, Oracle RAC and Data Guard
- Work well in a team environment, and have the discipline to work unsupervised
- Strong results driven focus
Systems Programmer / SME
- Systems programmer for Adabas /Natural environment on Confidential project - apply patches, upgrade
- SAG products; install latest versions, application tuning and performance. Work with Client and
- SAG. Supporting BNSF running Natural and Adabas with DB2 under IMS/DC. Backup support for DELTA AIR.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery exercises on a bi-annual basis.
Systems Programmer / DBA consultant
- Did on demand support for the Confidential in KSA remotely - ADABAS/SAG products as well as Z/OS backup support.
- Installed the SMARTCDC DR system from PKS (Germany) - PLOGs from MF ftp-ed to LINUX - Natural/Oracle Environment.
- Installed the VTL (Virtual Tape Library) from Confidential as disk space for MF and Open systems - used in DR and remote sync - ing.
Data Base Administrator (DBA)
- Performance and tuning of database and involved in capacity planning, database sizing.
- Work with application groups on performance and tuning of applications - batch and online
- Upgraded Adabas to V61602 and preparing for the Natural V63 upgrade on UNIX.
- Currently running Adabas 813, Natural 426, Predict on Confidential Z/OS platform.
- Worked closely with system programmers, RACF administrators and capacity planning.
- Managed disaster recovery requirements and performed DR tests for the SAG environment.
- Presented classes to application groups on Predict and Adabas/Natural utilities.
- Assist with moving code on Confidential WebSphere
- Assist Oracle DBA with monitoring Oracle databases.
- Had Oracle 9, 10 and some 11g databases.
- Used OEM for logs and reporting errors.
- Attended presentations and demo/POC for Oracle RAC.
- Assisted in installing Data Guard.
Data Base Administrator
- Assigned to a re-engineering project at Lehman Brothers in New Jersey.
- Using my SAG skills to help create new specifications for the international trading system - either to be re-hosted on SAG products in the UNIX environment or Java based from an Confidential mainframe.
- Contract finished ahead of schedule.
Confidential, Plymouth, NC
- Responsible for installations, upgrades, performance, tuning, disaster recovery and providing tools and techniques to the applications team.
- Helped develop a change control system
- Worked on Adabas V5 and V6 on Confidential VSE/ESA - CART system migrated to HPUX 10.20 on Adabas V31120, Natural V31120 and associated products. System also interfaces to Oracle database via Entire Access.
- CIMS/II and CIMS 3.0 - Natural application for product manufacturer and roll tracking. System ran on HPUX 10.20 and migrated to HPUX 11.23. SAG products used are Adabas V31120 to V333.01, Natural V31120 to V61114, Natural Security V31120 to V61114, Predict V441 and Entire Access V5311. System is run at 5 locations on a 24x7 basis and I provide on call support.
- Also supported development and QA environments
- Systems and SAG products ported to latest release and from HPUX 10.20 to HPUX 11
- Supported the Adabas/Natural (and related SAG products) for the Child Welfare system for the state of Guam.
- Installed, upgraded and support database and SAG environment changes for the system remotely.
- Worked on Adabas V5 and V6, Natural V228 and V2.3
- Used Adabas utilities to migrate the data (EBCDIC to EBCDIC migration)
- Created all the Natural and Adabas procedures and JCL scripts
- Was responsible for planning and database side of disaster recovery
- Installed Natural Extensions, APAS/Insight
- Worked closely with capacity planning, RACF and the systems programmers
- Used APAS/Insight
- Worked on the Oracle database for SAP/R3 conversion
- On call and also responsible for disaster recovery procedures, upgrades and installations
- Worked closely with the MVS systems programmer and RACF administrators
- Developed presentations and prepared server configurations for clients
- Was a team member for re-hosting sales
- Used knowledge of Adabas/Natural and related SAG products as well as Oracle
- Interfaced closely with the SAG representatives in South Africa - SPL at the time
- Performed as a consultant ADABAS/NATURAL DBA on Confidential MVS/XA
- Duties included backup scheduling - online and offline, file changes, disaster recovery, performance and tuning and on call rotation
- Assisted Systems Programmers on MVS
- Executed one of the first ports of Adabas/Natural to UNIX for the PARTS application