- Certified, Dynamic and Progressive with over 10 years of IT & Leadership roles and On - Site USA experience in administration and management.
- Exceptionally Motivated, with Track record that shows adaptability, willingness to learn, motivate, collaborate and work with multiple stakeholders for strategic and operational goals, out-of-the-box thinking and provide solutions in cross functional domains, customers for Global Clients in various industries.
- Over 10 years of IT experience of IT & Leadership roles and On- Site USA experience in administration and management in Cloud, Mobile, Middleware Technologies, and Solutions focused System Software Engineer which includes DevOps, Build, Release, Software Configuration Management and deployment in agile environment.
- Extensive experience with broad range of AWS Services like EC2, Autoscalings, VPC, Route53, RDS, S3, IAM, API Gateways, Lambda and Cloud Watch.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Terraform and package management tools like Packer.
- Designed highly accessible, fault tolerant and cost-effective systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto scaling, Elastic Load Balanceand AMI’s.
- Expert in Continuous Integration such as Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, TFS.
- Proficient in containerization tools such as Docker, and orchestration tools such as Kubernetes.
- Expertise in Server infrastructure development on Aws Cloud and Microsoft Azure.
- Established Chef Best practice approaches to system deployment with tools like Vagrant and managing Chef Cookbook as a unit of software deployment and independently version controlled.
- Experience with GIT, Subversion, and Team Foundation Server (TFS 2010/2012 & 2015).
- Hands on experience on deployment tools and configuration management tools like Chef, Ansible and Puppet.
- Worked on TeamCity and Build Forge for continuous integration and for End - to-End automation for all builds and deployment.
- Worked on Tomcat 7, J Boss, Web Logic, Nginx, and WebSphere Application/web servers for deployments.
- Experience writing Playbooks using Ansible and Cookbooks and Recipes using Chef to provision several pre-production environments and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Experience in deploying applications on Tomcat, Jboss, WebSphere and WebLogic /servers.
- Expert in using Artifactory Repository, Nexus for Maven and ANT builds.
- Hands-On Experience in using different Monitoring Tools like Nagios, Splunk, CloudTrail, Cloudwatch, Stackdriver, Sumo Logic, Prometheus, New Relic.
- Expertise in managing Development, Uat and Production environments for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Migrating Services from On-premise to Azure Cloud Environments, collaborate with development and QA teams to maintain high-quality deployment.
- Designed, deployed, maintained and lead the implementation of Cloud solutions using Microsoft Azure and underlying technologies.
- Expert in demonstrating leadership and working independently with the development and QA teams to build/test all components of a software product, to keep up with changes in the product releases.
- Expert in supporting the implementation/improvement of software development practices, release management methodologies and software deployment strategies.
- Solid programming experience of standalone, web applications and automation scripts.
- In depth and solid understanding of IP networking technologies.
- TCP/IP Networking troubleshooting and Linux Network Administration.
- Extensive experience on various flavors of UNIX operating system like Linux, Solaris.
- Expert knowledge in architecting and developing packages and installation software for multiplatform environment.
- Experience in database environments like MySQL, Oracle and NoSQL databases like DynamoDB, Lambda and Cassandra.
- Experience in maintaining LAMP stack and its configuration. Test thoroughly before deployment on production farm.
- Experience on various flavors of UNIX operating systems like Linux, CentOS & Ubuntu.
- Experience in Design and Development of internet/Intranet applications using Java/JMS/EJB 3/JSF/Spring MVC/JSP/Servelets/JDBC/Hibernate technologies.
- Experience in Groovy Scripting for compiling the script dynamically to a Java Virtual Machine (JVM).
- Experience in application development, debugging, implementation, supporting developing team.
- Experience in building software with Node and developer productivity tools.
- Profound experience in programming, deploying and configuring JAVA/J2EE Applications using Apache Tomcat and JBOSS.
- Good Experience with virtual machines like VMWare, VirtualBox.
- Good knowledge on the entire process of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and strong experience on working of Agile Methodologies.
Languages: Java, C/C++, SQL, PL/SQL, GoLang
Cloud Computing: AWS, Azure, Google cloud
Configuration Management: Chef, Ansible, Puppet, udeploy
Source Code Management: Subversion, Git, GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Cloudwatch, Prometheus, Logstash
Virtualization Tools: Docker, VMware, Virtual Box.
Scripting Languages: Shell, Powershell, Ruby, Perl, Python, Java Scripting.
Web/Application Servers: Tomcat, WebLogic, JBoss, Nginx
CI Tools: Jenkins, TeamCity, TFS, Bamboo, Hudson
Build Tools: ANT, Maven.
Operating systems: Windows, Linux, RHEL, Mac OS X, CentOS.
- Monitored build and deployment systems, capacity and planning for future needs.
- Designed and setup CI/CD pipeline to deploy containerized applications in the cloud.
- AWS- expertise in dealing with AWS resources S3, EC2, ECR, AMI, ELB, Route 53, VPC etc.
- Used Hash corp Packer to create and manage the AMI's and automated whole AMI creation process using Jenkins jobs.
- Created custom CoreOS AMI’s and automated any configurations required by dropping them as system units.
- Used Terraform to provision instances on AWS.
- Configured Jenkins on K8 and used Job DSL plugin to automate Jenkins job creation process.
- Built custom Docker images, pushed them to Amazon ECR, worked on Kubernetes deployments, secrets, services and deployed application containers.
- Worked on Kubernetes deployments, secrets, services and deployed application containers.
- Heavily used Minikube to manage local deployments in kubernetes, create local cluster and deployed application containers.
- Developed Python scripts to take backup of EBS volumes using AWS Lambda and CloudWatch.
- Developed microservices onboarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and kubernetes deploy and services.
- Setup JFrog Artifactory on AWS, single copy of any binary is ever stored on this file system.
- Installed and administered GIT and ensured reliability of application besides working on branching strategies for GIT.
- Configured and deployed GIT repositories with branching, forks, tagging, merge requests, and notifications.
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups which are engaged in enabling Lambda functions for dynamic creation of roles.
- Worked on Continuous Integration CI/Continuous Delivery CD pipeline for Azure cloud services using Chef.
- Involved in Installing Jenkins on Linux environment and implemented a master and slave configuration to run multiple build operations in parallel.
- Hands-on experience configuring workflows, writing jobs in Jenkins for performing automated builds and deployments.
- Managing nightly builds, weekly builds, and feature addition builds using Jenkins.
- Integrated Eclipse IDE with different versioning tools like SVN, CVS, and GIT.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process, developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment and wrote playbooks using YAML scripting.
- Used SPLUNK APM for service now ticketing tool, log aggregation and analysis on different application servers and integrating splunk with single sign on authentication and service now ticketing tool.
- Implemented Maven builds for creating JAR, WAR and EAR artifact.
- Managed and configured various tools like Bitbucket, JIRA and Confluence.
- Created parent-child relationships between projects to manage Maven project dependencies.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across project.
- Automated Weekly releases with ANT/Maven scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Worked with developers for resolving runtime failures troubleshoot Build and Deployment Issues, with minimal downtime.
- Experienced administering a largescale distributed application environment.
- Process monitoring and debugging using tool such as Nagios.
- Resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with QA and engineering teams.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker-Hub, Docker-Compose, Docker Registry and Docker Swarm.
Environment: AWS-VPC, EC2, Lambda, Minikube, Maven, Gradle, Tortoise SVN 1.6, 1.7, Jenkins, Puppet, Clear Case, Java/J2EE, Web Sphere, Buildforge, JIRA, Kubernetes, Docker, Azure, GIT, Jenkins, Ansible, Shell Script, Maven, JIRA, Jboss, Nagios, Packer, Terraform, Ruby, Python.
AWS Cloud Engineer
- Built S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Work with other teams to help develop the Puppet infrastructure to conform to various requirements including security and compliance of managed servers.
- Built a VPC, established the site-to- site VPN connection between Data Center and AWS.
- Develop push-button automation for app teams for deployments in multiple environments like Dev, QA, and Production.
- Help with the creation of dev standards for Puppet module development including best practices for version control (git).
- Perform troubleshooting and monitoring of the Linux server on AWS using Zabbix, Nagios and Splunk.
- Management and Administration of AWS Services CLI, EC2, VPC, S3, ELB Glacier, Route 53, Cloudtrail, IAM, and Trusted Advisor services.
- Created automated pipelines in AWS CodePipeline to deploy Docker containers in AWS ECS using services like CloudFormation, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, S3 and puppet.
- Worked on JIRA for defect/issues logging & tracking and documented all my work using CONFLUENCE.
- Integrated services like GitHub, AWS CodePipeline, Jenkins and AWS Elastic Beanstalk to create a deployment pipeline.
- Good Experience in architecting and configuring secure cloud VPC using private and public networks through subnets in AWS.
- Amazon IAM service enabled to grant permissions and resources to users. Managed roles and permissions of users with the help of AWS IAM.
- Designing and implementing fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by using Technologies like Puppet.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Initiating alarms in CloudWatch service for monitoring the server's performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage etc. to take recommended actions for better performance.
- Configured AWS Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) in IAM to implement 2 step authentication of user's access using Google Authenticator and AWS Virtual MFA.
- Included security group, network ACLs, Internet Gateways, and Elastic IP's to ensure a safe area for organization in AWS public cloud.
- Writing UNIX shell scripts to automate the jobs and scheduling cron jobs for job automation using commands with Crontab.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with PythonSSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Experience with Puppet to more easily manage enterprise Puppet deployments
- Design AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling /naming conventions using GIT source control.
Environment: Java/J2EE, Jenkins, JIRA, Maven, GIT, ANT, AWS, Python, Ruby, Cassandra, Web logic, Unix Shell Scripting, Nagios, Cloud Watch .
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Provided systems administration support for Unix systems including server and workstation upgrades, backup and disaster recovery monitoring, user account setup and security administration, performed regular system backups and recovery procedures, closely following SOPs to ensure system security
- Unix/Linux systems administrator with experience configuring, monitoring, upgrading and maintaining systems hardware, software and related infrastructure.
- Strong analytical skills; able to work with technicians from various engineering disciplines to troubleshoot complex system-level issues.
- Experience providing Unix support to maintain systems in world-class production data centers. • Created and optimized Unix shell scripts using Bourne, Korn and Bash shells.
- Updated Unix OS patches and ensured compliance with STIG requirements.
- Served on team managing server deployment and allocation of virtual server capacity.
- Commended for technical, analytical and problem-solving skills; effective task prioritization; and customer service orientation.
- Monitored night-batch job process, documented errors, performed nightly backups and troubleshot issues.
- Developed scripts to automate network administration tasks and application deployments.
- Facilitated swift resolution of embedded scripting error on Unix system that was freezing printing operations for more than 100 users.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Server administration experience desirable• Knowledge of OS & Databases.
- Established and maintained user accounts, assigned file permissions and established password and account policies;
- Troubleshoot and resolved basic level system hardware, software and communications problems;
- Performed basic system monitoring, verified the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewed system and application logs, and verified completion.
- Monitored server and application performance &tuned I/O, memory;
- Installation of SSH and configuring of keys bases authentication;
- Maintaining appropriate file and system security, monitoring and controlling system access, changing permission, ownership of files and directories, maintaining passwords, assigning special privileges to selected users and controlling file access, monitoring status of process in order to increase system efficiency, scheduling system related cron jobs.
Environment: RHEL4,5,6, Solaris 8,9,10, HP-UX 11.x, AIX 5.2, Windows 2000,2003, Sun Enterprise E /420 R/250,M4K,M5K,M9K, T2K,T5K servers, HP Proliant-DL 360 G7, DL 380 G6, DL 380 G7,DL 580, IBM RS/6000, IBM Power 570, p5 505 Express servers
Desktop Support/ Junior S ystem Administrator
- Installation, configuration, maintenance of Sun Solaris 10 and Linux Servers and Workstations.
- Creation of Users, Groups and mount points for NFS support
- Management of user accounts, files and directory permissions, and securing UNIX systems to match industry best practices;
- Provides system administrative support for servers and workstations.
- VMware Virtualization
- RedHat 6.3 Administration (centos)
- OS patching and Kernel Upgrading
- Maintain and support 350 servers
- Software and hardware upgrades and routine systems maintenance by installing current Patches and Packages.
- Updating system and software’s with package management tools like RPM and YUM
- Installation and configuration of SSH software to provide secure logins for clients involved in shell and data transfer.
- Installation and configuration of VMware workstation on Linux platforms.
- Creating swap files and LVM drives on Linux systems.
- Providing support for Solaris system activities and support issues. Use of Remedy ticketing to uphold an on call resolution policy and provide audit trails for problem fixes.
- Providing technical direction and thorough documentation for UNIX and Linux administration procedures and problem resolution.
- Configuring distributed file systems and administering NFS server and NFS clients and editing auto-mounting mapping as per system / user requirements.
- Maintaining appropriate file and system security, monitoring and controlling system access, changing permission, ownership of files and directories, maintaining passwords, assigning special privileges to selected users and controlling file access, monitoring status of process in order to increase system efficiency.
- KVM server installation and maintenance, guest operating system creation and troubleshooting.
- Assisted senior-level administrator in various aspects of UNIX server administration including installing and maintaining the operating system software, performance monitoring, problem analysis and resolution and production support. Maintain server updates and maintenance Active Directory Management
- Hardware and software procurement
- Manage company-wide hardware and software inventory
- Hardware and peripheral component installations repairs and replacement
- Manage Help Desk ticket queue using JIRA
- Excelled in building PCs for deployment including imaging, ghosting, and configuration for network access; Strong use of Remedy ticket tracking.
- Clean hard drives and process lease-end equipment as well as provide assistance to the Inventory team with surplus of various technology items and computer equipment.