Advanced Electrical Engineering, 25+ years’ mastering most areas of conventional electrical engineering: Analog, DigitalDigital/Mixed - Signal Board Design, FPGA (Altera, Xilinx) Microcontroller(AVR,ARM,PIC), SERDES high speed communications to compensate for limited input/output. transceiver convert data between serial data and parallel interfaces in each direction. A/D, D/A, RF, DC/DC, AC/DC, DC/AC Design, WCA sensitivity analysis, Prototype and Development, Pspice, DxDesigner, Hyperlynx for
- Signal/Power integrity controlled Impedances, Fast eye
- PCB Design up to 10 layers, It uses pulse and step responses to characterize your SERDES channel and then uses that information to generate your eye diagrams. Familiar with space applications (Altitude, Rad Hard) High Speed Converters, DSP, and variety of communication protocols; RS232, RS485, RS422, 1553, I2C, SPI, USB, and CAN. Engineered product from concept throughV and V. Well versed and experienced with multiple hardware and software tools, off the shelf and internally developed by teammates or me.
Seeking a challenging role where I can engineer differentiating products, new and sustaining. Following are select s throughout my career and cover highly regulated product development for Commercial Avionics engineering to FAA standards DO-254 & DO-160, Military Products to MIL Standards and Commercial Productsengineered to the standards as specified per product.
- RF Circuit Simulation Tools
- Microsoft Office
- Code Composer Studio (DSP)
- Tina Simulation
- Basic, Python 2.7
- Quartus II
- LT Spice, MATLAB
- MS-DOS 6.2
- JTAG Programmer
- Electronics Workbench
- Cad Star
- LabView 8.0
- HP VEE
- C, C++
- Gerber Files
- Fortran 77
- Cadence Allegro
- Network Analyzer
- RF Synthesizer/Function Generator
- Oscilloscopes (MSO,MDO, DSO)
- (RSA)Spectrum Analyzer
- RF Signal Generator
- Impedance Analyzer
- Vector Signal Analyzer
- Vector Signal Generator
- Pulse Generator
- Audio Analyzer
- Frequency Counter
- Curve Tracer
- Communication Analyzer
- RF Power Meter
- EMC Compliance Tester
- Aeroflex Broadband Signal Analyzer
- Logic Analyzer
- LCR Meter
- EM Field Probes
- Noise Figure Meter
- DDC Bus Analyzer
- Pass 3200 Bus Analyzer
- Thermal imaging camera
Confidential, Las Vegas, NV
Engineer-Test Project Engineering
- Research, development, design, simulate, testing and analysis of analog and digital circuits for avionics applications.
- Responsible for circuit designs covering serial bus, discrete digital, analog conditioning and power switching,, power management and electrical signal characterization, linear LDO voltage regulators, switching regulators, op-amps, transistor design, microcontroller and interface circuits IIC Bus (aardvark)
- Design new electronic circuit board assemblies based on required specifications using proper engineering techniques. Support PCB design with proper use of power, ground planes, split planes, EMI.
- Troubleshooting of designs, electronic PCB’s and systems using modern test equipment and proper analysis techniques.
- Answer technical questions related to PCB design, component selection, electrical routing/component location, proper ESD protection, and test related development. Write test procedures
- Design a backplane Pads, OrCad, AutoCad, LT Spice, Schematic Capture, Prototyping, Bring-Up Boards and Debugging
- Specify Components for BOM, Create Detailed Circuits Schematics and other Design Documents.
- Select components based on performance, quality and reliability criteria, and derating design rules.
- Search, locate, and identify alternative manufacturer’s parts using the Supplier Listing.
- Assess the risk level of new components in the areas of performance over temperature, quality, reliability, availability and manufacturing compatibility. Determine the qualification test(s) necessary to completely validate a component.
- load FPGA code into the device
- Design 5.8GHZ FPV Video Tx(Gain and Range) Flight controller, strain gauges, piezoelectric sensors
- Antenna design (RHCP,LHCP clover leaf, skew planar) Linear Polarization(Patch, Duck) Omnidirectional, Directional
- Familiar with em simulation Ansoft HFSS
Confidential, Irvine, CA
Engineer-Flight Critical Control Avionics Remote work
- Test Development for electronic fly-by-wire (FBW) control embedded systems on programs for (Bombardier, Embraer and Gulfstream) Remote Electronics Unit (REU) used for Electro-Hydraulic (EH) actuation control of primary flight control surfaces and Multi-Function Spoilers (MFS) and Motor Control Electronics (MCE) PFC for Electro-Mechanical (EM) actuation systems such as Horizontal Stabilizer Trim Actuation-(HSTA) and flap actuation controls.
- Analyze analog and digital designs, load software and FPGAs and determine correct operation, troubleshooting and testing of aerospace electronics, DSP and FPGA based hardware and firmware designs. V-Model testing
- Op-amps signal conditioning, Buck/Boost DC-DC converters, hot-swap controllers.
- Serial communications Time-Triggered Protocol (TTP) AR INC 429, RS-232/422/ 485, SPI, IIC
- Write, review, implement and debugged EMI/EMC, Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP), Manufacturing Test Procedures (MTP) and Qualification Test Procedures (QTP) based on requirements to run scripts on the automated test of the Remote Electronics Unit (ACE) for primary flight control surfaces. Create drawings in Visio. ORCAD, Pads DFX Designer
- Setup, dry-run and Validation testing of the SW & HW release. Dry-Run of test procedures, execution of tests, document and properly report all test failures, with pass/fail criteria derived from component tolerance analysis.
- Write and implement special test scripts for troubleshooting purposes to resolve complex engineering issues at the box and system level on the REU and MCE. Quickly locate, load, visualize, analyze, and report measurement data collected during data acquisition and/or generated during simulations.
- Review the test results to verify that no unnoticed anomalies occurred, using National Instruments DIAdem and LabView software tool. Test and Support through Production and Flight
- Integration, fault injection testing, troubleshooting and root cause analysis on Gulfstream electronic fly-by-wire (FBW) control embedded systems in the Systems Integration Lab (SIL).
- Power supply margin analysis on the REU, gather all the data and put it into excel to create graphs.
- Hardware/software integration testing, support software team during the troubleshooting of any failures.
- Hardware verification testing at the box level per customer requirements.
- Hardware Requirements Document (HRD), Software Requirements Document (SRD), Safety Requirements Document
- Documentation package get approved and under configuration management control. Write ECO’s, redline test procedures.
- Related documentation per RTCA DO-160F, DO-254, DO-178B and MIL-STD-810 design processes for complex electronic hardware. 14 CFR Part 23 Air Worthiness writing technical descriptions, requirements documents, test requirements, functional tests, and for safety of flight, hardware and software requirements documentation. using electronic test equipment for system troubleshooting or verification
- Worked directly with our internal cross-functional teams as well as customers to assure that product requirements are understood and meet agreed upon design and performance criteria.
- Utilized (DOOR’s and MKS) as requirements/configuration management tools
- Perform diverse and complex assignments in support of test and evaluation. work remotely and effectively network with and influence my colleagues
Confidential, Albuquerque, NM
Hardware Test and Evaluation Lead Advance Engineering Systems- Control Display Subsystem
- Setup, dry-run and Verification testing of the SW & HW. Dry-Run of test procedures, execution of tests, document and properly report all test failures. Support software team during the troubleshooting of any failures.
- Development and integration of microprocessor-based embedded system avionics, debugging firmware/software controlled systems and specialized test equipment. Program and verify FPGA’s.
- Implement a serial communications (MIL-STD-1553, AR INC 429, RS-232/422) Ethernet bus tracer, monitor system, post processing tool performance test set using Java, DDC and Pass 3200 bus analyzers to set up the timing of the RX, TX messages for EMI and Qualification testing of the control display subsystem.
- Knowledge of flight worthy avionics hardware, signal conditioning and I/O processing, high definition video.
- Ability to work with a variety of engineering disciplines (s/w, h/w, and test) read engineering drawings, integrated test specifications, use custom s/w tool sets and formulate needed modifications.
- Correct design issues with the Interface Test Adapter, Production Test System, In Circuit Device and
- Self Test Adapter used for acceptance testing on the control display subsystem
- Support EMI and Qual testing MIL-STD-461 (EMI), MIL-STD-810 (Environmental) of Integrated Avionics.
Confidential, Gilbert, AZ
Broadband Communications Testing and Evaluation
- EMC measurements with the GTEM cell radiated emission, radiated immunity testing of passive and active devices. Drop amplifiers, attenuators, isolators, splitters, directional couplers, matching transformers.
- RF microwave measurements according to SCTE standards, pout, gain, phase, 1dB compression point, noise figure, insertion loss, return loss, group delay, filter response, bandwidth, harmonic distortion, isolation, gain flatness, VSWR, smith chart, s-parameters, cross talk, impedance matching, velocity of propagation,
- Transfer impedance, TDR measurements.
- Analyze the test data and write evaluation and qualification reports.
- Environmental testing, salt spray corrosion tests, humidity, temperature.
Confidential, Scottsdale, AZ
SDR Communication System
- Development of secure radio communications and embedded high-grade encryption solutions for military, government with products ranging from the most advanced software-defined radio technology for sophisticated communications in a network-centric environment. IP voice and data networks to portable and mobile single and multiband radios.
- RF microwave measurements- pout, gain, phase, 1dB compression point, IP3, IMD, dynamic range, frequency response, harmonic distortion, spurious emissions, LO radiation, VSWR, insertion loss, return loss, group delay, receiver sensitivity, noise figure, IF BW ripple slope, SNR, SINAD, LO leakage, isolation, impedance matching, tune filters, directivity, image frequency.
- Failure analysis, troubleshoot down to the component level. Troubleshoot test set ups.
- Go beyond the expected to meet the program contract delivery dates.
Confidential, Scottsdale, AZ
- Circuit simulation, schematic capture, PCB layout, generate Gerber files for a Ultrasound prototype device
Integrated Avionics Systems
- Failure analysis on Boeings 777 integrated avionics system. Load flight code; troubleshoot network integrated modules down to the component level. Program and verify FPGA’s, JTAG testing and Environmental testing.
Confidential, Tempe, AZ
- Design verification testing of power converters, Destructive testing evaluation.
Confidential, Scottsdale, AZ
- Development work and design verification testing of power electronics, analog and digital circuitry prototypes/engineering development models with different topologies. Correct designs on DC/DC and AC/DC converters. Power supply measurements- loop stability, pout, gain, phase, efficiency, ripple, noise, regulation and power factor.
Confidential, Norcross, GA
- RF microwave measurements, Antenna performance testing, antenna radiated EMI, 3 meters precompliance,10 meters compliance, OATS testing.
- EMC measurements radiated emission, radiated immunity, conducted emissions, electrical fast transient and surge testing.
- Design motor control circuits for robotics
- Development and design verification testing spread spectrum TX’s, RX’s, build pseudorandom generator and correlator prototypes. Schematic capture and PCB layout with OrCAD.
- Design and develop basic analog, digital, power electronics, lasers and RF circuits, simulation, schematic and PCB prototypes, RF amplifiers, mixers, VCO,s, PLL,s, IF amps, filters, peak detector, impedance matching networks, LNA,s, DC-DC buck, boost converters, counters and oscillators, audio amplifiers.
- Program microchip micro-controller for gas analyzers.
- Development work and design verification testing, super mini-computer for a flight simulator.
- RF, power supply and laser measurements. Create a Scalar network analyzer with a tracking generator spectrum analyzer. Schmitt trigger fast edge pulse generator, battery voltage monitor.
- Design a Buck, Boost converter using a MC34063 controller
- Build a 32 bit mini-computer system used for a flight simulator using UNIX