- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified DevOps Engineer having 7years of experience in Configuration Management, Build and Release Management, DevOps Engineering, System Administration, and Quality Assurance and configuring changes across various environment which include DEV/ SIT/ UAT/ Staging/ Production/ DR.
- Strong experience in setting up the enterprise infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) like Auto Scaling, CloudFormation, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, DynamoDB, EBS, EC2, ELB, IAM, Redshift, RDS, S3, VPC, Route 53, CloudFront, security group and AWS lambda.
- Strong proficiency in supporting Cloud environments like Aws, Azure, OpenStack, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS tools.
- Proficiency in setting up Security and Identity across the Azure through Active Directory (AD) including Key Vault, AD B2C and security center.
- Strong working knowledge on the principles of Software Configuration Management (SCM) for tracking, controlling changes in Software in the SDLC methodologies like Agile, scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experienced in working on DevOps / Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management).
- Proficient in DevOps culture through CI/CD tools like Repos, Jenkins, CruiseControl, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, Hudson, AnthillPro, Travis, Bamboo, GitLab, BuildBot, UrbanCode, TeamCity, Maven and configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, vagrant and salt stack.
- Hands on experience with created several Manifests, Playbooks, and Cookbooks to automate infrastructure maintenance & configuration.
- Deep knowledge in deploying EAR, WAR files in WebSphere environment.
- Proficient in setting up and configuring Baselines, Branching, Merging, and Backup through GIT.
- Experience in working on source controller tools like GIT, GitHub, Subversion (SVN), CVS, IBM Clear case, TFS Microsoft Visual Studio and Perforce.
- Deep understanding on Google cloud platform, configuring tools utilizing Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience in using Build Automation tools like Maven, Ant, Nant, Build Forge, MS build and a good knowledge on Gradle.
- Experience writing XML, Ant scripts, shell scripts, Perl scripts, Java scripts, Python, Ruby, Chef Puppet, Vagrant, Kitchen scripts to automate the deployments.
- SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum
- Cloud/IaaS/Saas/PaaS: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, OpenShift, RackSpace, Cloud Foundry, Google Cloud Platform etc.
- AWS Services: Autoscalling, CloudFormation, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, DynamoDB, EBS, EC2, ELB, IAM, Redshift, RDS, S3, VPC, Route 53, CloudFront, security group, Glacier, Lamda, SNS, SQS, SES
- Provisioning Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Application/Web servers: Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, Glassfish.
- Scripting Languages: Shell, BASH, PowerShell, Yaml, Perl, PHP, Ruby, Python
- SCM, Build, CI/CD Tools: SVN, GIT (GIT Hub, GIT Bucket, GIT Stash), CVS, Perforce, ClearCase, MS Build, NAnt, Ant, Maven, Gradle, Grunt, Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, CruiseControl, UrbanCode Deploy
- Operating System: Windows, Linux/ Unix (HP - Unix, AIX, RHEL, Ubuntu, Fedora, SUSE etc)
- Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Confidential, NewRelic, Graphite, Icinga, Zabbix, Sensu and cloud watch, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- Containerization/ Orchestration/ Virtualization: Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Mesos, VMware, Vsphere Client, Virtual Box, XEN, KVM
- Database Servers: Oracle (12c/11g/10g), MySQL, SQL Server.
- Ticketing Tools: Atlassian JIRA, REMEDY, Bugzilla, Redmine.
- Network Services/Protocols: FTP, SSH, Telnet, TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, SNMP, FTP, SMTP, NFS, WinScp, SAN/ NAS, RAID Levels, samba server, sendmail, postfix, LDAP, Server, NIS, NIS+
- Administration, creation, maintenance and support of Confidential Demo Servers around the Globe.
- Manage, service, & triage support requests that come into demos environment, including Test Drives, user access, demo issues, etc.
- Monitor AWS environment to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related projects and goals as needed.
- Administer various technologies in-use within the demos environment, such as Amazon Web Services, Linux, Active Directory, VMware, and others.
- Monitor demos environment using Confidential and other tools for systems availability, capacity, performance, and usage.
- Contributed in creating a new infrastructure using terraform.
- Upgrade systems by implementing updates and patches as well as the latest strategies and technologies.
- Maintain quality of service via thorough testing and feedback from end- users.
- Worked on Terraform for deploying infrastructure in AWS as per the requirement.
- Handling cloud operations like EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, ELB, Autoscaling etc and working with the team of Cloud Engineers.
AWS Cloud Engineer / DevOps Engineer
- Performed and deployed Builds for various Environments like QA, Integration, UAT and Productions Environments.
- Build servers using AWS Launching and configuring of Amazon EC2 Cloud Servers using AMI's (Linux/Ubuntu), creating security groups, load balancers in the defined virtual private connection.
- Handling almost entire cloud operations like EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, ELB, Autoscaling etc and leading the team of Cloud Engineers.
- Assisting application development teams during application design and development for highly complex and critical data projects
- Created functions and assigned roles in AWS Lambda to run python scripts, and AWS Lambda using java to perform event driven processing.
- Using Ansible playbooks to configure systems to a specified state, Using Ansible Vault in playbooks to protect sensitive data.
- Creating and using Ansible templates to create customized configuration files for hosts.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to Provide Dev Servers.
- Providing technical support for new detection capabilities, recommendations to improve upon existing code.
- Built S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS and Used Amazon S3 to backup database instances periodically to save snapshots of data.
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Managing AWS infrastructure and automation with CLI and API and worked on Inbound and Outbound services with automation CHEF and deployed multiple resources simultaneously, using CloudFormation templates in AWS.
- Environment provisioning solutions using Docker and Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Automated the deployment of applications inside software containers and Configured Docker container for branching purposes.
Environment : AWS, chef, Jenkins, Azure, EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, EBS, ELB, AWS CLI, CloudFormation, IAM, CloudWatch, GIT, Chef, Docker, Dockers warm, Nagios, Kubernetes, Unix/Linux, Ruby, ANT, Confidential, Maven, VSTS, Apache Tomcat, JBoss.
- Responsible for Development, UIT, SYTEM, UAT, STAGING, PRODUCTION Builds and Releases.
- Assist with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source control system.
- Worked with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on AWS & configuration management using Ansible.
- Responsible for maintenance of the GIT Repositories which includes Jenkins Integration, creating pull requests, code reviews, branching, merging and transitioning JIRA issues.
- Used Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers.
- Used Jenkins pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes
- Managed GIT and Bitbucket repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Implement Rabbitmq for Messaging to Backend Server to send for Order Confirmation to client & Store.
- Managed the source codes repository of multiple development applications using GIT.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Bitbucket management repo.
- Managed Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible or custom-built designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Wrote automation scripts for Ansible and in house custom AWS framework.
Environment: SVN, Jenkins, Nexus, Maven, Kubernetes, Web Sphere Application Server (WAS), Web Logic, UNIX, Ansible, Ant, Java, Linux Perl, Oracle 10g, Bitbucket, JIRA.
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for SVN.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day GitHub support for different projects like Check-in, Checkouts, import, export, branching, tagging, and conflict resolution.
- Setup Puppet master, Client and wrote scripts to deploy applications on Dev, QA, production environments.
- Writing, Creation, testing, implementing Puppet modules and Puppet manifests.
- Used Puppet and other configuration management tools to deploy consistent infrastructure code across multiple environments.
- Converting the ANT Build projects to Maven Build projects.
- Managing Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Creating new build jobs, Integration testing jobs and deploy jobs in Jenkins to automate the process.
- Deployed DevOps using Puppet, Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with ANT and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Create and Build Jenkins jobs and stores the build artifacts in Nexus and UDeploy by using preconfigured scripts.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, GIT, ANT, MAVEN, Tomcat, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML, Linux, UNIX, Windows 7, JIRA.
Build & Release Engineer
- Help maintain software configuration processes and procedures and control the release of a product and changes to it throughout its lifecycle.
- Created and enforced Configuration Management policies and procedures, project configuration management, adhere to the Company policy, was successful in implementing it.
- Involved in Completing software builds and elevations, creating directories and security groups, and recreating prior versions.
- Developed and implemented software release management strategies for various applications according to agile process.
- Coordinating the resources by working closely with Project Manager’s for the release and Project Manager for all the Operational Projects.
- Involved in the product release activities, including Change Control Management, Release Management, Defect tracking using Clear Quest tool and Version Management using SVN tool.
- Initial troubleshooting of build failures, coordinating resolution efforts and communicating with appropriate team members.
- Established processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes.
Environment: SVN, CVS, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Tomcat, Perl, Shell Script, Oracle.