- IT Professional with 7 years of experience as a DevOps Engineer/ Cloud Engineer with extensive knowledge in Build/Release management, SCM, Environment Management and Build/Release Engineering for automating, building, releasing and configuring changes from one environment to other environment.
- Worked on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools area (Environment, Service, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Code review, Incident and Change Management).
- Expertise in creating DevOps strategy in a mix environment of Linux (RHEL, CENTOS) servers along with Amazon Web Services.
- Profusely worked on Hudson, Jenkins, Team City and Team Forge for Continuous Integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Integrated delivery (CI and CD process) Using Jenkins, Bamboo, Nexus, Yum and Puppet.
- Encountered with Version Control Systems administering Subversion and Perforce.
- Experienced in Linux/Unix system Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Migration, Upgrades, Patches, Trouble shooting on RHEL, SVN, GIT, Perforce, TFS.
- Hands on experience in working Terraform in provision a data center infrastructure and along with AWS
- Experience implementing and maintained the monitoring and alerting of corporate servers/storage using AWS CloudWatch and developed and deployed stacks using AWS Cloud Formation templates (CFT) and AWS Terraform.
- Experience automating entire AWS Cloud infrastructure using Cloud - formation templates and individual nodes using Opscode.
- Experience in Designing, Installing and Implementing configuration management tools like Ansible, Puppet and Chef and used them to deploy applications and automate various tasks.
- Experience in Deployment and monitoring scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS)& configuration management using Puppet.
- Experience working with Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm and Micro Services.
- Experience in automating application deployment in the Cloud using Docker containerization technology using Elastic Container Service scheduler.
- Experience installing Kubernetes clusters in VMS, started Kube Master and Kubelets and added Container Network Interface.
- Experience in Kubernetes container orchestration utilization such as monitoring, managing, scaling and deploying containerized application.
- Hands on experience on Automation of infrastructure using Terraform and Ansible.
- Experience in Jenkins to start/stop admin as well as managed webservers within OIM/OAM.
- Worked with GIT and SVN for source/version control to save and manage the revisions in a repository as well as to manage the source code.
- Experience in Server infrastructure development on AWS Cloud, extensive usage of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, EC2, RDS, S3, Route53, SNS, SQS, Cloud Trail.
- Worked on functional usage and deployment of applications in Web Logic, Web Sphere and Apache Tomcat Server.
- Expertise in Installation, Configuration Data Base Servers like MySQL, Maria DB, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Oracle DB (10g,11g), on various Linux Distributions, Oracle Enterprise Linux, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu Enterprise Linux
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL Server using SQL, PL/SQL for data integrity.
- Expertise on Shell, Perl, Bash and Python to automate various tasks.
Languages: JAVA, HTML and XML, C#.
Database: MYSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, mongo DB.
SDLC & Testing: Agile Methodologies, Junit, Manual Testing, JIRA, service now, confluence
Configuration management: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker and vagrant, Gradle, TFS
Cloud computing: Amazon Web services, EC2, IAM, Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Lambda Open stack, Cloud foundry.
Operating Systems: RHEL, CentOS, Windows, Ubuntu, AIX, Solaris
Application Servers: WebLogic, Jboss, WebSphere Application Server, Tomcat, IIS
Confidential, Denver, CO
DevOps Engineer/ Cloud Consultant
- Managed over 3000 servers on premise, VM and AWS Cloud and supported the applications running on those servers.
- Worked on Implementation of automation of servers which are dispersed in different geographical regions (premise and public Cloud), using DevOps configuration management tools like Ansible, Jenkins, etc.
- Used GIT as a version control tool and Nagios for Monitoring resources.
- Worked on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Planned, deployed, monitored, and maintained Amazon AWS Cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes and VMWare VM's as required in the environment.
- Worked on the migration from VMware to AWS and used Ansible to automate the infrastructure in AWS by creating EC2, S3, RDS, VPC and Route 53.
- Orchestrated and migrated CI/CD processes using Terraform templates and Containerized the infrastructure using Docker to setup in AWS Amazon VPCs.
- Implemented Ansible provisioning for creation of on demand instances and instance infrastructure using client and bootstrapping using plugins against AWS EC2.
- Developed Ansible Playbooks to simplify and automate day-to-day server administration tasks including automating installation process and managing configurations.
- Used Ansible Tower, which provides an easy-to-use dashboard and role, based access control, so that it's easier to allow individual teams access to use Ansible for their deployments.
- Configured Ansible server for monitoring and automated user management, installation and configuration of various services and backup-using Ansible.
- Provided support for other users of Ansible and applications that were managed via Ansible.
- Utilized security groups, network ACLs, Internet Gateways, NAT instances and Route tables to ensure a secure zone for organizations in AWS public Cloud.
- Worked on AWS Cloud which includes EC2 instances, AWS Elastic Beanstalk and AWS lambda for scaled, elastic automation process.
- Used AWS to Schedule the deployment of applications into the container
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Worked on automating application deployment in the Cloud using Docker containerization technology using Elastic Container Service scheduler.
- Used Docker to create HA Architecture for several applications such as Ansible, Jenkins, etc.
- Worked in Terraform to support services provider and customized the solution as well as to change, build and version infrastructure in current work environment.
- Automated entire AWS Cloud infrastructure using Cloud-formation templates and individual nodes using Opscode.
- Worked on automating application deployment in the Cloud using Docker containerization technology using Elastic Container Service scheduler and worked on Docker- Compose and Docker- Machine.
- Installed and Configured Jenkins for Continuous Integration and used Jenkins to perform automated Builds and Deployments.
- Used Jenkins to start/stop admin as well as managed webservers within OIM/OAM.
- Worked with GIT and SVN for source/version control to save and manage the revisions in a repository as well as to manage the source code.
- Worked on Kubernetes container orchestration utilization such as monitoring, managing, scaling and deploying containerized application and Kubernetes API objects for cluster definition in desire state and also handling cluster control plane.
- Worked on OpenStack Managed Client’s Cloud infrastructure and provided SLA, Capacity Management analyzing whether to add nodes or to create a new region considering the growth and requirements of the business.
- Provided OpenStack support of different hypervisors (Xen, VMware or kernel-based virtual machine KVM for instance) and several virtualization technologies (such as bare metal or high-performance computing).
- Worked on implementation of OpenStack’s Dashboard, with graphical interface to automate Cloud-based resources and managed OpenStack resources using EC2 compatibility API or the native OpenStack API.
- Implemented the use of Nagios tool for Monitoring and analyzing the network loads on the individual Machines
Environment: Docker, Docker-compose, Kubernetes, ELK, Open stack, AWS, RHEL, Puppet, SVN, GIT, Apache, Jenkins, PowerShell Scripting, Bash scripting, OpenStack, Terraform.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Designed and implemented CI (Continuous Integration) system: configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, creating required scripts (Perl & Python), and creating/configuring VMs (Windows/Linux)
- Built the AWS Infrastructure using VPC, EC2, S3, Route 53, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in CloudFormation.
- Performed End to end deployment on AWS. This includes Python scripting for automation, scalability, build promotions for staging to production etc.
- Created Terraform modules to create instances in AWS & automated process of creation of resources is AWS using Terraform.
- Provisioned Jenkins environment for CI by easing build and testing tasks for developers.
- Configured security and system in Jenkins. Added multiple nodes to Jenkins and configured SSH for continuous deployments.
- Worked with Puppet and Chef to automate Linux tasks and deployments
- Expanded Kubernetes cluster & other services including compute, storage and networking extensions.
- Worked on cluster administrator of Kubernetes such as managing resources, cluster networking, logging architecture, Kubernetes proxies, configuration Kubelet garbage collection and federations.
- Worked on creation of Puppet manifest files to install tomcat instances and to manage configuration files for multiple applications.
- Designed and maintained the GIT repositories and the access control strategies.
- Installed and Configured Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Participated in configuring and monitoring distributed and multiple platform servers using Puppet.
- Used Puppet & workstation to manage & configure nodes as well to manage virtual instances & disks
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Implemented Continuous Integration web hooks and workflows around Jenkins to automate the dev test deploy workflow around Puppet codebase.
- Worked on Docker Hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations
- Launched and Debugged Docker Container, Installed/setup Docker host in environment, Integrating Docker and Mesos to monitor container status.
- Setup Puppet master, client and wrote scripts to deploy applications on Dev, QA, production environment.
- Maintained Puppet modules and manifests that automate deployment of configuration and software for OpenStack Control Plane.
- Worked on Terraform Graph resources, change automation, Execution plan and infrastructure as Code.
- Setup automated alerting of OpenStack Control Plane services using Zabbix triggers and templates.
- Worked in OpenStack Analysis, Requirements gathering, POC, Deployment, Testing, Verification and Validation till handing over the live environment to the client.
Environment: RHEL 6/7, CentOS, VM Ware, Splunk, Apache, Nginx, VERITAS Volume Manager, Puppet, AWS, OpenStack, Nagios, Shell scripting Bash, ksh, Kubernetes, Tomcat Servers 7/8, Terraform.
Confidential, Denver CO
- Worked on Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation from Dev to Eval, Eval to Pre Prod/ Pre Prod to Production systems using Jenkins, GIT, SVN, Chef automation tool.
- Implemented the Chef cookbook SSSD to automate the integration process between RHEL and Windows AD using Kerberos key tab file.
- Implemented the Chef Software setup and configuration on VM’s from the scratch and deployed the run-list into Chef-server and bootstrap the Chef clients remotely.
- Used existing cookbooks from Chef Marketplace and customizing the recipes with respect to each VM.
- Customized changes in Data Bags, Roles and Recipes.
- Worked on Infrastructure Development and Operations involving AWS Cloud platforms, EC2, EBS, S3.
- Deployed and monitored scalable infrastructure o Amazon web services (AWS) & using Chef.
- Involved in searching node attributes using Knife.
- Developed Perl and Shell scripts for automation of the build and release process
- Created UNIX and PERL scripts for automated data backup, status of the storage
- Deployed the cookbooks, recipes using Knife tool from Chef-DK Workstation to Chef-server
- Created user, rpm packages and patch management & configuration implementations.
- Maintained the run list on Chef-server.
- Good understanding to IaaS of OpenStack Cloud architecture and API.
- Maintained branches/forks in GITHUB version control for the changes made in cookbooks as per release.
- Implemented Nagios core/XI for monitoring Infrastructure resources.
- Automated Nagios services for database server, web-server, application-server, networks, file sizes, RAM utilization, Disk performances using Python script in Chef.
- Maintained Chef & Puppet servers & management application using Service Now data to bring computers into a desired state by managing files, services, or packages installed on physical or virtual machines.
- Wrote Ruby Scripts, Python Scripts, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts to deploy the java based packages like ear and war on the WebLogic App server.
Environment: Chef Server, Puppet, Nagios, Tomcat, Apache web server, VMWare ESXi, Red Hat Linux 5/6/7, GIT Hub, SVN, Jenkins, MongoDB, Web Services, Shell script, Python, Ruby script.
- Maintained ownership of CMDB, Release Branch and making sure all the versions of the Releases are in place for further use.
- Resolved Release conflicts regarding dates and accommodating in various Release/Build windows by negotiating with customers based on priority and other factors
- Wrote XMLs and used Ant scripts to deploy to WebSphere and WebLogic environments.
- Integrated QTP kickoff scripts as Post DEV Deployment steps to return smoke test results
- Aligned the resources with the help of PM for a Mock cutover and cutover (Prod Release)
- Used Perl and Shell scripts for deployment automation.
- Addressed dependencies and handling issues with release of interdependent projects espeCIally in the Web services area.
- Used Subversion in branching, tagging & merging Source Code & managed the source code repository.
- Used Subversion to manage Configuration Items (CI’s).and CI builds were done using Jenkins/Hudson.
- Maintained Build in Jenkins/Hudson and deployed using plug-ins and Master-Slave setups.
- Trained all the developers for self-help to kick of single click builds and single click deploys.
- Enhanced Configuration Management using (PUPPET) to assist with automated, repeatable, and consist configuration and application deployments.
- Wrote specific Puppet manifests to deal with application installations and related configuration files.
- Responsible for scaling/upgrading/maintaining the application.
- Created custom developer tools and workflows for testing and releasing Puppet code
- Trained and communicated the release process to all the counterparts globally.
- Worked on Ant-Maven conversion process by authoring POM Files.
- Maintained all the UNIX, Linux, AIX and Solaris environments for deployments.
- Used Remedy to track the Change requests and Release requests for all the approvals and signoffs
Environment: SVN, GIT, Jenkins, Hudson, Web logic, Nexus, Sonar, JIRA, Oracle, Shell, WLST, Python, Ant, Maven, Java, Linux
Jr. System Administrator/Linux OS Tester
- Installation, configuration, administration of RHEL, Ubuntu, Suse Servers.
- Remote system administration using tools like SSH, Telnet, and Rlogin.
- Planning and implementing system upgrades including hardware, operating system and periodical patch upgrades.
- Applied appropriate support packages/patches to maintain system integrity.
- Performed capacity analysis, monitored and controlled disk space usage on systems.
- Monitored system activities and fine-tuned system parameters and configurations to optimize performance and ensure security of systems.
- Added servers to domain and managing the groups and user in AD, installing and configuring sendmail.
- Used Python experience in working with architectural patterns.
- Identified bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems. Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (GIT).
- Worked on Linux backup/restore with tar including disk partitioning and formatting.
- Involved in Planning, building and Administration of various High Availability clusters and heart beat checking on Sun Solaris using VCS in heterogeneous SAN environment.
- Regular disk management like adding / replacing hot swappable drives on existing servers/workstations, partitioning according to requirements, creating new file systems or growing existing one over the hard drives and managing file systems.
- Planned, scheduled and Implemented OS patches on Linux boxes as a part of proactive maintenance.
- Maintained development tools and utilities and to maintain Shell, Perl automation Scripts.
- Involved in migration of projects from one flavor to another one.
- Involved in development, user acceptance, and performance testing, production & disaster recovery server.
Environment: Red hat Linux 5.x, Ubuntu, SUSE, SSH, Python, GIT, Sun Solaris, Shell, Perl.