Over all 8+ years of experience offering outstanding services in IT industry with strong background in Linux Administration, Build & Release, DevOps, AWS Cloud Infrastructure and knowledge of different practices including but not limited to Configuration Management, Containerization, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Experience in all the prominent AWS services like CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, Kinesis, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation and worked on AWS DevOps tools like AWS Code - Pipeline to build a continuous integration or continuous delivery workflow using AWS Code-Build, AWS Code-Deploy, and worked with many other AWS tools to Build and deploy a microservices architecture using ECS or AWS Lambda.
- Hands on experience on AWS services EC2, IAM, S3, Lambda, Ec2, Redshift, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, SES, EMR, Elastic Bean stalk, VPC, ELB, RDS, EBS, Route 53.
- Expertise in scripting playbooks to create networks, routers, VMs using OpenStack REST APIs. Deployed various services of OpenStack in Linux Containers.
- Configured Cloud Compute systems using OpenStack on Ubuntu, collaboration using Orchestration with Keystone, Kubernetes within Open Stack.
- Good understanding of Pivotal cloud foundry (PCF) Architecture (Diego Architecture), PCF components and their functionalities. Experienced in using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) CLI for deploying applications and other CF management activities.
- Installed and configured the configuration management tool- Puppet that included the Puppet master and several agent nodes.
- Deployed DevOps using Puppet Dashboard , and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Involved in leading Automation Deployment Team by working with Puppet with experience in installing Puppet agents and pushing Manifests/Modules to 520+ Puppet clients .
- Deployed M-collective for orchestration and wrote some custom M-collective plugins to deal specifically with our needs.
- Worked with auto and manual signing of SSL certs , setting the polling intervals for pushing the manifests a source files, between Puppet Master and Agents . Acknowledged on Puppet-Forge modules , modified them and adapted the manifests to suit our infrastructure.
- Used Key resources (file, service, exec, and package) in Puppet Manifests and Meta-parameters (Require, Subscribe, Notify). Defined site-specific and global variables using Puppet hierarchy ( YAML and JSON ) for creating re-usable modules.
- Deployment to AWS with Chef, Ansible and Terraform towards AWS or Azure, and using Terraform for building, updating, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently, as well as creating custom in-house solutions with Chef or Puppet configurations.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks to install and configure Apache, Tomcat, Splunk, Jenkins, WebLogic, Rundeck and deployment automation and Integrated Jenkins, Rundeck and Chef.
- Experience writing Chef Cookbooks, testing using Test Kitchen and automated the deployment process by integrating Chef Cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
- Experience writing playbooks using Ansible, Cookbooks and recipes using Chef & Vagrant to provision several pre-production environments and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Hands-on experience in Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications and proactively manage change.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python to manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python and documented all infrastructures and application dependencies into GIT repo using Ansible.
- Experience in using Docker and setting Azure Container Registry with Docker and Docker-compose and actively involved in deployments on Docker using Kubernetes.
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes by creating local cluster and deploying application containers, maintained Docker container clusters by Kubernetes and handled Kubernetes charts using Helm packages.
- Hands on experience of Build & Deployment phase and usage of Continuous Integration (CI/CD) tools, build configuration, change history for releases, Maintenance of build system, automation & smoke test processes, managing, configuring, and maintaining source control management systems.
- Configured Jenkins as a common build engine to build and deploy applications to DEV, QA, UAT and PROD environments also Integrated Jenkins with UDeploy and Created UDeployu Components, UDeploy process, installed UDeploy agents on both windows and Linux machines according to application team Requirements.
- In the CI pipeline, mainly focused on performing integration of code quality analysis techniques like check styles, find bugs, Junit with CI tools like Jenkins, Maven and Gradle.
- Hands on experience with Version control tools like GIT, Subversion, clear case to track changes made by different servers in source.
- Support the administration in agile software development, testing and production in cloud hosted environment. Hands on experience with build tools like Hudson/Jenkins, Sonar, GitHub, and build, Maven, ANT.
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios, Splunk, Sumo Logic, ELK, AppDynamics, New Relic, CloudWatch and Zabbix for Resource Monitoring, Network Monitoring and Log Trace Monitoring.
- Experience designing and deploying container-based production clusters using Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, OpenShift and knowledge in Apache Mesos.
- Documented troubleshooting, installation and server’s information in confluence, handled tickets from service now and experience with Jira and bitbucket.
- Extensive experience in Linux/Unix system Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Trouble shooting on RHEL.
- Performed numerous server migrations on both Linux/Unix and Windows servers. Migrations include moving all clients and their data, configuration settings, testing and verifying everything is correct with zero downtime with help of Blue green deployment.
- Supported different teams (200+ Engineers) by creating Virtual machines using Virtual Box, VM ware vSphere - cloning, Templates, Provisioning, administering VM ESX servers, installing various Linux flavors.
- Proficient in writing Python, Ruby, YAML, Perl, Shell, Bash, PowerShell Scripting to automate the deployments.
- Worked with Juniper/Cisco Routers/Firewalls and configured Site-to-site VPN Tunneling, State full Firewall Rules, ARP, Proxy ARP, Dynamic VPN, VLANs, DMZs and Custom NAT/Routing Protocols.
Operating systems: Linux (RHEL), Unix, Ubuntu, Cent OS, Solaris and Windows
Configuration Management: Ansible, chef, Puppet, Kickstart.
Build tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle.
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Zabbix, CloudWatch, New relic, Elasticsearch, OSSEC, Logstash, Kibana
Scripting languages: Shell, Python, Perl, YAML, Ruby, JSON, C, C++, JAVA,JAVA script,JSON
Source code Management: Subversion, GIT, SVN, Bit bucket and CVS.
Cloud Environments: Amazon Web Services, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Open stack.
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, MYSQL
Tracking Tools: Remedy, Service Now and PVCS Tracker.
Web/Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, Web logic, Oracle Application Server, Ngnix,REST,Node.js,Angular.js,Bootstrap
DevOps Tools: Docker, Jira, Bugzilla, Salt, Kubernetes
Networking/Protocol: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, Cisco Routers/ Switches, WAN,SMTP,LAN, FTP/TFTP,HTTP,IP
Virtualization: V VMware ESXi, power VM, Virtual box, Citrix Xen, KVM, vCenter, vSphere.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr. Systems Engineer (Cloud/AWS)
- Created AWS cloud formation templates to create custom-sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, security groups. Managed other AWS Services like S3, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, RDS, Kinesis, Redshift Cluster, Route53, SNS, SQS, Cloud Trail.
- Created S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and utilized S3 Buckets and Glacier for storage, backup and archived in AWS and worked on setting up and maintenance of Auto-Scaling AWS stacks.
- Built and managed a large deployment of Red Hat Linux instances systems with Ansible, Terraform Automation and provision virtual servers using vagrant and kitchen in Oracle VM virtual box, provisioned servers in Amazon EC2.
- Implemented Organization’s DevOps strategy in Linux environment and adopted cloud strategies using Amazon Web Services.
- Worked in developing and maintaining build, deployment scripts for test, staging environments using ANT, Maven, Shell, Python and Perl scripts.
- Responsible for Load Balancing and Auto Scaling of the EC2 instances with in the cloud infrastructure.
- Support and configured all cloud services including AWS Direct Connect to On-Premise datacenter.
- Developed CloudFormation script to automate the EC2 instances with JSON templates.
- Created Inventory for automation in Ansible and wrote Playbooks with Python SSH wrapper to manage configurations of AWS nodes and test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks which are the entry point for Ansible provisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks using YAML format & also to run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Involved in Configuration Automation and Centralized Management with Ansible and Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Expertise in Configuration of Ansible Tower , which provides a dashboard and role-based access control, so that it's easier to allow individual teams access to use Ansible for their deployments.
- Experienced in configuring the Ansible Tower to automate repetitive tasks and quick deployments for the critical applications.
- Experienced in Installing, Configured and management in Ansible Centralized Server and creating the playbooks to support various middleware application servers, and involved in configuring the Ansible tower as a configuration management tool to automate repetitive tasks
- Scheduled, deployed and managed container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes . Deployed CoreOS Kubernetes Clusters to manage Docker containers in the production environment with light weight Docker Images as base files.
- Used docker container clusters to clone the production servers and implementing Kubernetes orchestration for clone’s production servers.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto scaling, Kubernetes AWS infrastructure and micro service container orchestration.
- Deployed Kubernetes clusters on top of amazon EC2 instances using KOPS and managed local deployments in Kubernetes creating local clusters and deploying application containers and building/maintaining docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes and deployed Kubernetes using helm charts.
- Setup Jenkins master slave architecture to use Jenkins as pipe line as service.
- Configured Git with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option and integrated to automate the code check out process. Installed many custom plugins along with ANT and MAVEN plugins, also used Artifactory Repository managers for Maven Builds.
- Performed many pipeline jobs using Jenkins files and automate the code review process and published the results on Jenkins as well the graph by comparing everyday nightly builds.
- Setting up the build and deployment automation for Java base project by using JENKINS and Maven.
- Implemented Continuous Delivery pipeline with GIT Hub, Jenkins, Docker and AWS AMI's, whenever a new GIT Hub branch gets created Jenkins attempts to build a new Docker container from it, the Docker container has the AMI baked in and leverages Linux containers
- Writing Docker files with best practices along with Docker linting, Docker container management along with volumes , container-based DB and services, Docker Artifactory ( Jfrog ) configuration and setup.
- Installed and administered Docker and worked with Docker for convenient environment setup for development and testing.
- The Docker container leverages Linux containers and has the AMI baked in. Converted our staging and Production environment from a handful AMI's to a single bare metal host running Docker.
- Worked with GitHub to manage source code repositories and worked on branching, merging, and tagging depending on requirement.
- Support and maintain 4000+ HP-UX/RHEL servers across 2 Data Centers
- All facets of HP-UX/RHEL Systems Administration in a large online book & e-book environment on HP IA Blades/C7000 Chassis, IA VM's, SG Clustered Superdome2's with P2000 to IOX plus Procurved Interconnects, and HP ProLiant Blades
- Red Hat: Building VMware templates for cloning new systems; load OS via iLO and local datastore; configure LUN's allocated from NetApp SAN Storage; LVM file system creation, management and tuning; Network configuration; DNS configuration; kernel tuning; install VMware Tools; application installation and configuration; NIC Bonding
- Established Chef Best practices approaches to system deployment with tools with vagrant and managing Chef Cookbook as a unit of software deployment and independently version controlled.
- Integrate automated build with Deployment Pipeline to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deployed in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).s
- Extensive worked on MAVEN as build tool for the building of deployable artifacts (jar, war & ear) from source code.
- Worked on integrating application logs with Splunk and wrote several custom Splunk queries for monitoring and alerting.
- Installed configured Managed Monitoring tools, such as Nagios for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/log Trace Monitoring.
Environment: Open stack, Ansible, chef, Zabbix, Nexus, ANT, MAVEN, Jenkins, Splunk, Confluence, Bit Bucket, GIT, JIRA, Python, SSH, Docker, JBoss, Json, Apache, Nagios, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, LAMP stack, Kickstart.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Experience in developing and deploying IaaS, PaaS, SaaS applications within popular public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Oracle cloud etc.) and using tools such as Git, OpenShift, Kubernetes, and Docker.
- DevOps role converting existing AWS infrastructure to Server-less architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis).
- Experience in using AWS S3 Bucket, Nexus and Artifactory for storage and configuring with Jenkins.
- Implementation EC2 Server setup and deployment, build, maintenance, and configuration of various AWS resources like, EC2 , EBS , Elastic Load Balancers , S3 , VPC , and Security Groups that are utilized for different environments like dev, testing, Production.
- Configured S3 to host static web content, versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Responsible for supporting and maintaining Linux infrastructure with over 1,000 Linux (Red hat, CentOS) servers both physical and virtual machines globally.
- Developed and deployed Ansible playbooks to create EC2 instances.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes, Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker, on GCP. Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy.
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes and implemented Docker to improve CI/CD process by streamlining the releases.
- Built Jenkins jobs and Pipelines that automate the process of deploying the micro-services container from the Docker registry on to the Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Created multiple Pods and Containers with in the Kubernetes infrastructure to manage and maintain the Docker Containers.
- Deployed the Docker containers from the private registry onto a node cluster using Kubernetes. Deployed CoreOS Kubernetes Clusters to manage Docker containers in the production environment with light weight Docker Images as base files.
- Created Ansible playbooks to automate kernel parameters configuration like kernel tuning, application accounts and groups.
- Server level Configuration Management via Ansible.
- Written Ansible Playbooks with YAML to automate infrastructure administration (infrastructure as code) and deployment automation. Created Playbooks to install and configure required packages to setup the environments.
- Extensively worked on Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles. Created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment. Configure the servers, deploy software, and orchestrate continuous deployments or zero downtime rolling updates.
- Expertise in Installing and Communication between Puppet Master and Puppet Agent, and involved in writing Puppet Modules or reused Puppet Modules from Puppet Forge, and also have Experienced in troubleshooting and Backup by using Puppet console and Puppet DB.
- Implemented Puppet modules to automate configuration of a broad range of services.
- Managing RedHat and Windows systems with Puppet in a secure, controlled environment.
- Implemented Jenkins CI/CD Pipeline flow for different projects by creating multiple stages like build, integration, test, stage and production.
- Responsible for orchestrating CI/CD processes by responding to Git triggers, human input, and dependency chains and environment setup.
- Configured OpenStack Keystone identity service with LDAP and identity-based authentication and authorization.
- Supported Open Stack environment with around 150 instances.
- Setup Jenkins master slave architecture to use Jenkins as Pipeline as Service.
- Configured Git with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option and integrated to automate the code checkout process. Installed many custom plugins along with ANT and MAVEN plugins. Also Used Artifactory Repository managers for Maven Builds.
- Integrated Jenkins with Slack and other Collaboration tools to email the results of the Automated Build Jobs.
- Created Shell Scripts to automate the System level processes and to analyze the Log files.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure using various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Autoscaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Using IAM Service created and maintained the Users and Roles.
- Configured all the network setup in VPC including Gateway, NAT and IP routing tables.
- Developed Docker images to support Development and Testing Teams and their pipelines and distributed Jenkins, JMeter images, and Elastic Search, Log stash & Kibana (ELK).
- Worked with GitHub to manage source code repositories and worked on branching, merging, and tagging depending on requirement.
- Experienced in working on version control systems like Subversion, and GIT and used Source code management client tools like GIT Bash, GIT Hub, GIT GUI and other command line applications in terms of branching, tagging and maintenance on UNIX and Windows environment.
- Support and maintain 4000+ HP-UX/RHEL servers across 2 Data Centers.
- Both Physical and Virtual (VMware) servers - build, maintain, and support.
- Update RHEL servers from version 6.7 to 7.0; Patching RHEL and HP-UX servers.
Environment: VMWARE, RHEL, Tomcat Server, Centos, Ubuntu, AWS, Kubernetes, GIT, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, Groovy and Docker, CI/CD, Puppet, ELK.
- Administration, installation, configuration, troubleshooting and performance tuning of Linux/Unix distributions.
- DevOps experience with PUPPET, CHEF and AWS.
- Experience in REST API, cloud computing and provisioning/Creates VMs, computes Cluster, Pool, VIP and Topology.
- Extensive experiences in configuration, troubleshoot, support with Dell iDRAC remote console server.
- Build an RPM for installing it using Satellite server Installed Heart Bleed and Bash Bug Errata fixes on all servers to avoid vulnerabilities.
- Configure, support F5 BIG-IP and Citrix NetScaler (LTM & GTM), Load Balancer configuration including (VIP, POOL, Cluster, Compute)
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure and startup. Extensive experiences with version control tool like SVN, and GitHub.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins by installing, configuring and maintaining for continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Good knowledge in CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies.
- Experienced in working on DevOps /Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management).
- Configuring, Automating and Deploying Chef, Puppet and Ansible for configuration management to existing Infrastructure.
- Knowledge in OpenSSL, SSL , LDAP, authentication, SSO, 2Fa, Firewall rules, IP tables.
- Installation and configuration of web hosting administration such as FTP, SSH, RSH, Telnet, and HTTP.
- Network communication and protocols such as TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, LDAP, DHCP, NTP, SMTP and also subnetting.
- Experiences on implementing and configuring monitoring tools like Nagios, Solar wind, WPM.
- Experience on ticketing tool Remedy and Jira to bug tracking, issue tracking, and project management.
- Experience in virtualization software such as VMware. Installed and monitored Virtual environments with ESX4, ESX 3.x, ESXi servers and VirtualCenter2.X.
- Installation of Linux Servers using Satellite Server , System Imager and kickstart on VMware ESX 3.5 server and physical servers. Installation of new OS using system image of Golden client.
- Configured and deployed patched upgrade bug Ansible to fixes on both physical and virtual RedHat Linux Servers using satellite server-based Linux tools.
- Strong experience to develop the automation tools to improve productivity for core business platform in Python/bash scripting as daily activities task like logs file, disk spaces, patching but not limited.
- Hands of experience configuration setup and support for IPV4 and IPV6 and network Topology.
- Using AWS provisioned virtual servers, setup a firewall rules, configure Internet access, allocate and route IP - addresses, and scale your infrastructure to meet increasing demand.
Environment: ANT, Apache & Tomcat, shell & Perl scripting, Subversion, Puppet, Hudson, Windows 2000/XP, LINUX, UNIX.
- Performed daily administration tasks around Linux / UNIX based operation systems.
- Performed multiplatform Server builds on VMware which included Windows Server, Solaris 10 &11, Centos 6.4 & 7, and RHEL 6.4 & 7.
- Created and managed disk/ partitions in Solaris , RHEL and Centos .
- Created and managed volumes (PV, LV, VG, SV, ZFS) in Solaris, RHEL and Centos.
- Troubleshoot Solaris 10 & 11 issues emanating from hardware and software related and configuration issues.
- Configured SWAP in Centos, RHEL, and Solaris .
- Created and managed Filesystems, Mount points and RAID volumes in UNIX / Linux .
- Setup, configure and troubleshoot TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, NFS , on Solaris 10 & 11 Servers in a multiplatform LAN.
- Detected and resolved Rogue Line issues with multiple UNIX and Linux servers.
- Detected and resolved network connectivity issues on multiple Windows System, UNIX / LINUX Servers.
- Expertise in creating and managing Logical Volumes in SLES Linux.
- Performed automated installations of Operating systems SUSE Linux using automats.
- Possesses an expert level knowledge of UNIX Operating Systems and tools
- System administration experience in a UNIX production business environment with substantial knowledge of the UNIX operating system
- Experience on backup and recovery software like Net backup on Linux environment.
- Installation, Configuration & Upgrade of Linux, Solaris, AIX, Oracle Linux, HP-UX, Linux operating systems
- Installation of patches and packages
- Upgraded Solaris 8 to Solaris 9 and 10. Configuring SAN Sun Storage. Through Brocade Silkworm Switches. Fiber Optics Switch for redundancy with multi-path.
- Administrated NFS, NIS, DHCP and DNS Samba services running on AIX, Sun Solaris and Red Hat Linux.
- Worked with Storage team to configure EMC SAN , NAS and iSCSI configuration.
- Managed Users for AIX, Solaris, HP-UNIX and Linux Servers and assigned rights to access network resources.
- Package management using RPM, YUM and Update in Red Hat Linux Installation and configuration from scratch and regular monitoring.
- Scanning LUNs from SAN and creating Volume groups, creating and extending LVM and file systems online.
- Scheduled users to perform High Performance Computing activities on the Linux cluster .
- Identified and solved any issues or errors.
- File system size monitoring monitor system resources and system maintenance using Shell scripts.
- Monitored overall system performance, performed user management, system updates and disk & storage management.
- Performed OS upgrades and Patch loading as and when required.
- Installing and setting up Oracle9i on Linux for the development team.
- Linux kernel, memory upgrades and swaps area. Red hat Linux Kickstart Installation.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Shell-Scripting, LVM, Windows, RPM, YUM, NFS, LVM, HTTP, FTP.
- Participated in team activities as a member of the Linux / UNIX System Administration.
- Set up and administered user and groups accounts, setting permissions for users.
- Built and installed multiple Linux machines.
- Patching of HP-UX, Solaris and Linux.
- System and Application troubleshooting and other related issues.
- Provided management of system process in areas like boot process, startup and system shutdown.
- Installed, configured, maintained and administered Linux / UNIX operating systems and components. Diagnosed and resolved problems associated with DNS, DHCP, VPN, NFS, and Apache.
- Disk management and implementation
- Supported infrastructure environment comprising RHEL 3, 4, 5.3, SUN Solaris 9 HP-UX 11.X machines.
- Responsible for applying latest patches, user administration, kernel tuning parameters, file system space monitoring on Solaris systems.
- Rolled the production ENV. Using 3rd party software Control -M, Jet Fire.
- Applied Operating System updates, patches and configuration changes.
- Configured SDS Mirroring on System Disks and Configured IPMP on Network Interfaces
- Setup KICKSTART & NIM server and install clients.
- Configured volume groups and logical volumes, extended logical volumes for file system growth needs using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) commands.
- Maintained availability, increased capacity & performance of production machines by upgrading their hardware (disks, CPU, memory, IO board, power cooling unit, mother board etc.) & firmware.
- Experienced in creating Logical Partitions (LPAR) on Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM), EMC
- Installed, upgraded and patched Red Hat Linux, Windows 2000, Window XP, and Solaris, Monitoring the health and stability of Linux and Windows System environments.
Environment: AIX 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, RHEL3.x/4.x, Apache1.3, Web sphere, Oracle 8i, Work Load Manager, HACMP, VERITAS NetBackup, Dell Power Vault, Storage TEK, L700.