Hands - on, tactical, self-driven and detailed-oriented Sr. Systems Engineer and Administrator with expertise in Red Hat (RHEL), CentOS Linux and Microsoft Windows Server implementation, administration and maintenance. Additional expertise in designing, documenting and integrating enterprise systems and infrastructure for SaaS based applications.
I am client-centric and passionate about technology with a larger objective in mind.
Linux: Red Hat (RHEL) 15y CentOS Linux 6y Oracle Solaris 4y Mac OSX 4y
Microsoft: Windows 10 y A/D | Domain | DNS | DHCP | WINS 6y O365 2y Exchange 6y
VM/Cloud: VMWare | vSphere | vCenter 4y Rackspace 4y AWS 1y Azure 1y
Networking: LAN/WAN 10y TCP/IP 6y VPN 6y SMTP 6y SSH/SSL 6y Sonicwall 6y
Application: MySQL 3y MSSQL 4y Oracle 3y Weblogic/JBoss 3y Apache/Tomcat 3y JIRA/Git/Puppet 2y
Scripting: Programming in Bash 6y Perl 2y Awk 2y Sed 2y Windows CLI 2y
Confidentila, Atlanta, GA
Sr. Systems Engineer/Administrator
- Responsible for design, install, implementation and support of on-premise IT systems and cloud infrastructure at QTS d Confidential centers, Rackspace and AWS/Azure supporting SaaS based digital signage software for 1000+ sites.
- Administration of Windows/Linux, patches, upgrades, system builds, deployment and integration with client’s IT infrastructure. Supporting Windows Server, Win 7 | Win 10 and RHEL & CentOS machines.
- Design and administration of VMWare vSphere | vCenter virtualization including cloning, template and migration.
- Install and configure A/D, DNS, NFS, IIS, MySQL, Samba, FTP, Rsync, SMTP, SSH, SSL, NAS Storage and D/R.
- Install and configure Sonicwall enterprise firewall, LAN | WAN, Security, VPN tunnels, Secure VPN and MS VPN.
- Responsible for day-to-day DevOps and QA duties and administer Apache | Tomcat, JIRA, GitHub and Docker.
- Perform release management on Linux and Windows platforms and design formal release/install documentation.
- Program release build procedures and SQL d Confidential query/modification using Bash, Perl, Awk and SQL scripting.
- Work closely with Development and QA in architecting hardware solutions based on feature and performance.
- Work closely with vendors, clients and internal teams to resolve production issues diligently either remotely (via VPN, SSH and LogmeIn) or in-person (client site visit).
- Collaborate with Client, Sales, Product & Operations to ensure the delivered product meets the need of client.
- Inter-departmental technical SME for the technical project life cycle (Operations, Implementation and Support).
Confidential, Miramar, FL
Sr. Systems Administrator:
- Managed HPUX, Linux and Sun Unix server systems, installation, management, help desk/support
- Administrator of LAN, Internet, DNS, SMTP, FTP, Web, NFS, RAID storage and LAN backups
- Managed multiple Firewalls (Netscreen and Watchguard), Security policies, VPN tunnels and Remote VPN
- Responsible for E-mail systems Lotus Domino 5.0.11 server and Exchange server 5.5
- Provide installation support for software developers on Oracle 8i/9i, Sun Forte 5/6 and Rogue Wave
- Delegate IT projects/tasks and mentor team members. Provide technical direction to the CFO
Confidential, Miami, FL
Sr. Systems Administrator:
- Windows and Linux Systems Administrator and Technology Project Lead for Herald Online Newspaper
- Responsible for Sun and Silicon Graphics staging and production web servers running Netscape SuiteSpot
- Project leader for web content management system implementation called OpenPages
- Implemented Herald Classified online projects for Herald.com, Elherald.com and Miami.com
- Designed Virtual Development and Production Directory Management System for Herald Online
- Designed Web Content Archival System to archive past issues of Miami Herald Online
- Designed and developed Windows/X Motif, client/server order entry application for Motorola Ad Content
- Developed application in Oracle7 and JAM 6 GUI/RAD, running on HP-T500
- Implemented BSD and Winsock interface between Unix server and Windows client for the Ad application
- Implemented the communication interface between Remote LAN Access and the Unix HP servers
- Paging Material Department's Carousel Interface based on Remstar FastPic Inventory Management System
- Designed d Confidential flow system for order fulfillment between Motorola Co-op, Adistra and Medianet
- Performed system administration on 30 Sun OS/Solaris workstations
- Designed Oracle 6 based application using Pro*C, OCI and SQL
- Provided Solaris/Unix support to the software developers
- Coordinated hardware and software problems with the Computer Management Department
- Designed and implemented common X desktop environment on Sun OS/Openwindows
- Implemented structured development and production environment on Sun 690 MP running OS/Solaris
- Responsibilities also included porting VMS based C/Fortran application to Sun OS and Solaris
- Integrated the Oracle 6 based d Confidential extract application with Intelligent Hydrologic D Confidential Verification System