- DevOps Engineer with over 8 years of IT experience specializing in System administration on UNIX Red Hat Linux and automation, scalable, and flexible software pipelines for building, testing, deploying, and releasing cloud based software. I excel at automating redundant tasks and defining clear, efficient processes so that my developers can work on constructive, creative, & development activities.
- Experience with implementation, maintenance and support of multiple server platforms including Redhat/Ubuntu Linux, Solaris, Windows, HP - UX 11.x and IBM AIX.
- Experience in cloud and devops tools like AWS EC2, Docker, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, GIT, Jenkins
- Experience in the design and implementation of fully automated Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment pipelines and DevOps processes for Agile projects
- Strong Experience with Infrastructure Automation configuration management tools Chef, Ansible.
- Experience in installation and configuration of web servers using Apache, Tomcat-Apache, Weblogic, Web Sphere, and JBoss.
- Used Sumo Logic dashboards for key data in easy visualizations so response obtains in real-time.
- Deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple apps.
- Created AWS cloud formation templates to automate the process of launching custom-sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, security groups, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, RDS, OpsWork, S3, Route53, SNS, SQS, Cloud Trail databases and servers (windows, RHEL) as required.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Migrated applications to the AWS cloud.
- Knowledge of Routers and Switches, Subnet, VLAN, TCP/IP, VPN, OSI model and Firewall (checkpoint).
- Simpler and more intuitive in Jenkins than it is in TeamCity.
- Knowledge on Implementing and controlling the flow of data to and from AWS and selecting the appropriate AWS service based on compute, data, or security requirements.
- Experience in installing SQL databases Oracle, MySQL and NoSQL database MangoDB
- Proficient with user account maintenance, backup & recovery, Auto-mounting and Printer configuration.
- Implemented SR - IOV and other data center features on NVMe IP for SSD Controllers.
- Experience in writing scripts using Bash, Ruby for process automation of databases, applications, backup and scheduling.
- Worked on debugging tools such as Remedy, bug tracker. Expert in setting up SSH, SCP, SFTP connectivity between UNIX hosts.
- Experienced in Back-up and restore operations.
- Micro partitioning, dynamic LPARs, Virtualization and Advanced Virtualization VIO.
- Provided day-to-day operational support and system administration to production servers and related infrastructures.
Operating Systems: Linux (Ubuntu, Centos, Red Hat), Windows.
Software: MS Office Suite, VMware, Vagrant
Languages/Scripting: C, C++, SQL, PL/SQL, Shell scripting, HTML, Ruby, Python, PowerShell, Core Java
Networking: NIS, NFS, DNS, ALE, DHCP, Telnet, TCP/IP, SMTP, FTP TFTP, UDP and SSH
DevOps: AWS, Docker, Chef, Ansible, GIT, Sumo Logic, New Relic Jenkins
Databases: MS Access, Oracle, My SQL, SQL Server.
Application Servers: LDAP Server, JBoss, Apache Tomcat
Storage: Netapp 7-mode, c-mode clusters, EMC, Sun Cluster, VERITAS Storage Foundation Suite, Solaris Volume Manager, Veritas Clusters
Mail: SMTP, POP, IMAP, SENDMAIL
Confidential, Carrollton, Texas
Aws DevOps Engineer
- Built a new CI pipeline. Testing and deployment automation with Docker, Jenkins, and Ansible
- Administered Jenkins continuous integration server installation and configuration to automate application packaging and deployments. Maintained over 50+ jobs in Jenkins from 8 different Application teams for over 45 releases in parallel.
- Used ECS plugin which is similar to Docker in Jenkins in order to obtain the temporary slaves. They get terminated once the jobs are done.
- Experience working with Junit and cobertura plugins for unit testing and code coverage reports respectively.
- Automated backups by Shell / PowerShell scripts for Linux / Windows and for to transfer data in S3 bucket.
- Scripting of administration tasks using CLI, PowerShell, Shell, and Ruby.
- Hands on experience on Terraform a tool for building, changing, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Provisioned EC2 instances for dedicated hosts like Ubuntu Linux and Windows virtual servers. Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups to support spinning up of instances
- Developed custom automation build system using Hudson and TFS Build on Team Foundation Server
- Used Sumo Logic for improvement in every phase of the continuous delivery and integration process.
- Knowledge of defect tracking with JIRA, Rally
- Support developer IDE's including Visual Studio, Eclipse
- Our Line of Business consists of 4 Ansible towers. We have main playbook. Yaml for maintaining roles, inventory files and groups variables.
- Productionizing applications with Docker containers requires adjusting to their ephemeral nature and single-process focus. This presents challenges to applications with data persistence needs or multi-process architectures.
- Converted slow and manual procedures to dynamic API generated procedures.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to store data and thereby archiving files through Glacier. Leveraged AWS S3 service as Build Artifact repository and created release based buckets to store various modules/branch based artifact storage.
- I dealt with various merging conflicts and pushes appropriate code into GitHub repository.
- Designed & developed workflows to automate Migration, Postgres SQL Database Patching, and Cloning & Rollback using Python.
- Developed the codebase that became the Apache Commons flat file (sandbox) component.
- Configure IPV4/6, SR-IOV, VXLAN, and Bonding (Failover/Load Balancing)
- Used the tools like New Relic for measuring and monitoring the new features and ensuring the stability by operations team
- Load tested infrastructure using a combination of off the shelf solutions (apache bench, jMeter, MySQL bench, etc.) and homemade applications. Compared different hardware, OS, and application configurations to meet anticipated demand requirements.
- Managed staging and testing environments by having on eye on various metrics like CPU utilization, memory utilization, disk space, logs etc. using cloud watch
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
Environment: DevOps, AWS, Docker, Ansible, GIT, Terraform, Jenkins, PowerShell, Agile, Ubuntu, CentOS, Windows server, Sumo Logic, New Relic, apache-tomcat, MySQL 5.x, Mongo DB, Nagios.
Confidential, Richmond, Virginia
Aws DevOps Engineer
- Provision and manage Linux and Windows servers in VMware vCloud VDC and support DEV and TEST teams.
- Managing VMware infrastructure and Linux environments in multiple projects.
- Installed AWS Cloud platform for POC and DEV environments.
- Responsible for KVMs MySQL, Mongo DB, HA Proxy and rabbit MQ in the AWS environment.
- Deploying and Managing Instances in AWS EC2 cloud.
- Create application environments in AWS Elastic Beanstalk for Auto scaling.
- Creating Chef Cookbooks and Recipes for AWS EC2 instances installation.
- Building Linux container infrastructure using Docker to support containerizing some applications in DEV and TEST environments.
- Used various core Java concepts like exception handling, collection API’s and multithreading to implement various features and enhancements.
- Worked with Terraform to create AWS components like EC2, IAM, VPC, ELB, Security groups.
- Involved in AWS EC2/VPC/S3/SQS/SNS based on automation Terraform, Ansible, Python, Bash Scripts.
- Managed different infrastructure resources, like physical machines, VMs and even Docker containers using Terraform It supports different Cloud service providers like AWS and Digital Ocean
- Configured RDS instances using Cloud formations and Terraform.
- Automated deployment modules of IIS web applications, bindings and configuration settings using a combination of PowerShell scripts and Puppet.
- Developed automation and deployment utilities using Perl,, PowerShell,
- Working with DEV/TEST teams to support in developing Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to integrate with Jenkins Build/Release modules.
- Carfax to perform one button installation of Linux for Oracle systems. In addition, Oracle NUMA support was analyzed and configured for the Carfax systems.
- Support DEV and TEST teams installing middleware like Tomcat, Redhat JBPM and troubleshooting.
- Migrated VMware environment from one data center to another data Center.
- During migration, developed vSphere CLI scripts to automate tasks like distributed ports configurations, changing IPs.
- Configuring NFS and iSCSI LUNs in Netapp storage and mapping on servers.
- Migrating Maria DB servers from NFS data drives to iSCSI data drives.
Environment: DevOps, AWS, Docker, Chef, Terraform, GIT, Jenkins, RHEL, CentOS, PowerShell, Windows server, apache-tomcat, Nagios
Confidential, Kansas City, MO
Systems Engineer/ CPT
- Installed and configured RHEL 5 and 6, RHEL virtual machines on VMware and RHEV
- Harden Linux server security with SeLinux contexts and TCP wrappers
- Installed and configured Open SSH on Linux a Solaris server
- Installed and configured Redhat Hypervisor
- Installed Solaris 10 servers and configure multiple ZONES.
- Migrated Redhat Linux physical servers to VMware virtual machines (P2V VMware convertor)
- Configured YUM local repository for maintaining patch levels with all the Dev, QA and UAT servers
- Installing and configuring VMware ESX
- Data store Provisioning with vSphere
- Organizing and managing VMs with vSphere center server, vMotion
- Installed and configured Redhat Linux virtualization KVM and Hypervisor
- Installed ecommerce web based application servers on CM servers and to deployed across DEV, QA and UAT servers
- Wrote/Modify Bash and Perl scripts to automate jobs scheduling with Autosys and Control-M
- Configured event notification to email accounts on job status information on Autosys
- Did Hardware migration of Redhat 5 servers from Dell PowerEdge to HP dl380
- Configured Send mail as relay server on Unix machines to send mails to user's BNA mail ID
- Configured FTP and Samba file servers to share across projects
- Installed and configured SFTP server and implemented Key based authentication for Users
- Installed and configured DNS (Bind) and DHCP and LDAP and Active Directory servers for testing environment
- Installed MySQL server and created multiple databases for various internal applications
- Created Netapp filer NFS share with multi pathing for VMware hosts and configured autofs for auto mounting the Netapp NFS shares at Linux VMs
- Compile and install open source applications and tools on Solaris and Linux
- Installed Likewise for authenticate Unix servers with windows AD user and evaluated
- Installed Virtual environment monitoring server Fog light and configured for Multiple VMware Hosts and did the evaluation for BNA virtual infrastructure
Environment: Solaris, ESX server, Redhat Enterprise Linux KVM, Oracle, MySQL, Sendmail, SAMBA, SFTP, SSH, YUM, BMC Remedy, NFS, NIS+, Likewise, tomcat-apache, Netapp storage, Avocent DSView, ILO, Humming bird
Linux Systems Administrator
- Worked on Installation, configuration and upgrading of RedHat server software and related products.
- Responsible for installation, administration and maintenance of Linux servers.
- Established and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures.
- Installation of patches and packages using RPM and YUM in Red hat Linux using patch add and pkg add in Linux Operating System.
- Installed, configured and maintained Apache/Tomcat Web Server/JBOSS.
- Installed and configured NFS, NIS and FTP Servers. UNIX Shell Scripting for job automation.
- Experience with VMware ESX Server
- Usage of Service Management Facility for enabling, disabling and also troubleshooting services in maintenance mode.
- Worked as part of a team and provide 7x24 supports when required.
Environment: RedHat Enterprise Linux, Windows 2000, VMware ESX Server, NFS, Oracle 8i, bash, shell, Bash, Apache
UNIX Systems Administrator
- Installed/configured/managed/Administrated of all UNIX servers includes the design and selection of relevant hardware to support the installation/upgrades of Linux, Windows and Solaris8/9/10(SPARC & X86 hardware) operating systems.
- Performed hardware, operating system, security and application updates/patches on these systems as well as operating system hardening based in industry standards.
- Configured Jumpstart server for Solaris 10, Kickstart server for RedHat Linux, operating system image installations through Network.
- Installing, Configuring and deploying of VMware RHEL hosts using VMware ESX Server, VI, Xen
- Implemented SUDO, SSH and other security tools and implemented SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) security compliance.
- Used Solaris Volume Manager to mirror the root disks and Logical Volume Manager to create physical volumes, logical volumes and file systems.
- Extensively worked with Solaris 10 tools like SCM, SVM, ZONES, CONTAINERS, PGP, SMF, CCN, Dtrace, Ftrace, Vfsstat etc.
- Installed, configured, and managed virtual machines using VMware ESX 3.5, Xen Virtualization (vir-install & vir-manager).
- Software installation, updating and troubleshooting on systems using NIM and media.
- Installed and configured Veritas NetBackup 6.5 for performing backups using GFS schedule. Performing Backup on Remote Servers and on SCSI and Fiber attached Tape Drives.
- Developed Cron jobs and UNIX Shell Scripts and automated administration tasks like file system management, process management, backup and restore.
- Monitoring of network services (SMTP, POP3, HTTP, NNTP, PING, etc.) using Nagios.
- Installed/Configured Apache-tomcat and JBoss and tuning performance
- Installed and configured Sendmail as relay server for internal mail forwarding
- Troubleshooting of storage and server related hardware and software requests in a complex SAN environment.
- Configured/Maintained/Troubleshooting the Networking servers NFS, SMB and Spool server.
- Setup and configured the SAN Storage DS8300, DS4300, EMC Arrays; provided support for multi-path Fiber Channel storage systems, as well as Solaris servers configured with multiple Fiber Channel (FC) Emulex Host Bus Adapters (HBA) on (SAN)
- Monitored systems performance, provided systems performance tuning for Oracle database.
Environment: Solaris, RHEL, AIX Version, Veritas Storage Foundation 5, Veritas Cluster Server 5, Windows Oracle, Nagios, Apache, IIS, HTTP, FTP, VMware, Sendmail, TSM, WebLogic, NetBackup, Samba