- Experienced cloud solutions architect, technical lead and a senior systems engineer with 19 years of hands on analytical and technical experience in infrastructure design, implementation, application support and service delivery of IAAS/PAAS/SAAS cloud solutions, big data infrastructure, risk and finance, regulatory reporting fixed income, equity, fix income indices, entitlement management, enterprise web portals, e - commerce, cloud based application solutions, real-time communications, health care applications.
- Cloud infrastructure architect responsible for AWS CAF, MRA, MRP framework implementation, application migration, landing zone preparation, accounting vending machine, 6 R’s migration patterns, application discovery, rapid migration using cloud endure and application modernization.
- Lead the design and implementation of AWS and Azure cloud solutions for the Risk and Finance organization at major investment banks that resulted decrease of infrastructure TCO by 30% and converted CAPEX to OPEX model.
- Lead the cloud strategy, vision and formation of blueprints for secure and adoptable multi-tenant cloud framework including custom governance, security, identity management and operational controls.
- Performed AWS/Azure IAAS/PAAS systems design and implementation responsibilities that include logical system design, cloud architecture analysis and design, application migration, systems and directory integrations with corporate technology landscape.
- Implemented IaaS and PaaS services in AWS/Azure including VPC, IAM, EC2, S3, RDS, Redshift, DynamoDB, Glacier, Kinesis, LAMBDA, ECS, Cognito, API gateway, network integration, directory integration, VPC peering, and single sign-on. Strong knowledge in AWS Landing zone, account vending machines and other AWS tools.
- Developed automation templates and other Infrastructure-As-Code solutions to automate the provisioning and maintenance of large-scale environments and configuration management. Implemented resource groups for audit and billing reports.
- Supported various technology groups as a thought leader in the adoption of cloud architectures for existing and new applications. Created CCOE working groups in the planning and implementation efforts.
- Excellent communicator responsible for maintaining close relationship with business and IT teams. Worked with various application and infrastructure teams to enhance their internal processes. Established CCOE with internal stakeholders, platform teams across IT and act as an SME for the cloud team. Presented cloud solutions to business groups.
- Managed vendor relationship with external vendors and internal technology services teams for quick turnaround of application & infrastructure critical issues.
- Contributed in crafting SLA documents with external vendors, business and customers. Reviewed and refined OLA agreements with internal infrastructure services organizations.
Operating Systems: Linux, Solaris, Windows
Cloud Solutions: AWS VPC, AWS landing zone, AVM, Microsoft Azure, Azurestack, Openstack, Openshift, Docker, Kubernates
Big Data: AWS EMR, Hadoop, HDFS, MapReduce, YARN, SPARK, Sqoop and Impala, HDInsight.
Applications: Trading platforms, e-commerce, BASEL & CCAR regulatory reporting, Big Data, Data Warehouse, Enterprise Portal, Fixed income portfolio risk & indices, unified communications, entitlement management systems, healthcare applications, hospitality management applications.
Application servers: OBIEE, Axiom, WebLogic, JBOSS, Tomcat, Apache, SunOne, ClearTrust, Siteminder, OIM
Virtualization: AWS EC2, VMWARE VSphere, Citix Xen, KVM, Hyper-V, Oracle LDOM
Service Delivery: Cloud migration planning, CCOE, Strategic planning, cloud migration design, operations, transition, stakeholder engagement, analytics and reporting.
Service Operations: Incident management, Problem management, release management, disaster recovery.
Enterprise framework: Togaf, Zachman, SDLC, SOA, ITIL, solutions architecture.
Core Services: Active directory, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, NTP, Mail Gateway, TCP/IP, UDP, SIP, and Multicast
Database: Oracle, Sybase, DB2, NoSQL, data warehouse
Networking: Firewalls, Load balancers, VLAN, IPTABLES, NETFILTER, TCPDUMP & Wireshark.
Storage: AWS S3, EBS, EFS, Amazon Glacier, Azure Blob, Fiber Channel, iSCSI, FCOE.
Monitoring: Geneos, Nagios, HPOV, SiteScope, Phoenix, Panorama, Nagios, TeamQuest, Dynatrace
Automation and messaging tools: Control M, Autosys, LAMBDA, Cloud Formation, SNS, SQS, Elastic beanstalk, Kinesis, Kafka, cloud endure.
Devops CI/CD: Jenkins, Selenium HQ, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Harness.
Cloud infrastructure solutions Architect
- Cloud architect for the Confidential assigned to Choice Hotels account for their AWS, IAAS/PASS/SAAS infrastructure design, architecture, engineering, deployment, integration and migration of business-critical applications to AWS echo system.
- Performed business requirement analysis to design technical solutions. Proposed framework based on CAF, MRA, MRP models.
- Performed infrastructure and application discovery, proposed 6R migration plan and provided target architecture and cost assessment in AWS platform.
- Performed detail infrastructure and application dependency discovery using Risc network analysis tool. Proposed and designed mass application re-host migration with cloud endure migration tool.
- Participated in design and implementation of 21 accounts AWS landing zone-using AWS account vending machine and automated infrastructure deployment tools. Assisted platform team’s to implement transit gateways and cloud security instruments in Choice hotels proposed AWS PCI /PII and non PCI infrastructure.
- Performed cloud readiness assessment, prepared project plan and WBS for successful application migration to AWS.
- Implemented AWS core services like VPC, Landing zone, Account vending machine, EC2, RDS, VPC, ELB/ALB, EBS, Route 53, S3, Dynamo DB, cloud watch, AWS Lambda, ECS/EKS, API, gateway, cloud-formation, CI-CD pipeline and cloud-endure migration tool.
- Prepared HLD, DLD architecture plans and presented to CCOE for approval. Executed approved HLD/DLD for infrastructure implementation and application migration.
- Created migration run book and trained platform teams on migration activities. Shared technical knowledge and expertise to cloud engineering teams to implement robust CI-CD automated deployment pipeline.
- Designed micro-services solutions in effort to re-architect /modernize applications to AWS. Lead application migration planning and execution effort to AWS using re-host, re-platform and re-architect patterns.
- Planned and executed strategy in partnership with the AWS pro serve account management team.
- Act as a technical contact between customer platform engineering and AWS product and support teams. Organize product s to meet customer needs and assisted sales team to introduce new products and solutions to clients.
- Worked with AWS accounts team to present proposals and solutions to client’s executive team. Attended CCOE and steering comity meetings to provide status updates.
Technical Architect / Cloud Solutions Architect
- Cloud Architect for the risk and finance IT, responsible for the IAAS/PASS infrastructure design, architecture, engineering, deployment and migration of Data warehouse, Big Data, business intelligence technology solutions for BASEL, CCAR and other regulatory reporting programs.
- Performed requirement collections for infrastructure, security, audit, directory services, applications, database and big data solutions.
- Conducted systems and application analysis and profiling. Prepared migration blueprints in preparation for cloud migration for group finance applications.
- Designed and implemented network connectivity solutions over VPN and Direct connect. Implemented private subnets, created user defined network routes. Implemented security groups and ACL’s in coordination with enterprise network teams.
- Created and configured VPC’s. Designed and implemented Multi-VPC peering for different vertical application groups in Risk and Finance organization.
- Designed high availability and disaster recovery solutions by implementing multi-DC and Multi-AZ compute, storage and database solutions. Ensured data replication across different availability zones.
- Implemented robust and auditable identity and access management (IAM) solution in AWS for VPC’s. Followed AWS best practice to implement IAM role based access control for AWS compute, storage, database and big data solutions.
- Designed and implemented active directory integration (ADFS/SAML). Extended corporate active directory to AWS managed active directory. Integrated active directory to IAM using ADFS in coordination with enterprise directory management teams.
- Implemented enterprise security, compliance and Audit process and workflow to AWS platform for group finance VPC’s. Configured cloud watches and cloud trail for instance and service monitoring, application and instance log collection.
- Created VPC resource groups to consolidate assets by application groups using tags for audit, usage and billing reports. Created cloud watch workflow to notify and shutdown instances those are not in use by Dev/QA/UAT teams.
- Designed and implemented domain joined EC2 instances. Extended enterprise systems configuration management tools (Puppet/Chef) and security, audit, systems monitoring tools.
- Designed and wrote could formation scripts in Jason and YAML to automate on demand infrastructure creation for production landscape, devops Ci/CD and business intelligence tools.
- Automated Data Lake, data flow and serverless compute solutions for micro services and API layer with LAMBDA, Kinesis and Kfka solutions.
- Setup and configure EC2/S3/EBS/EFS/Glacier storage solutions and automated on demand creation of IAAS stack of AWS services for quick turn around.
- Designed and implemented RDS-Oracle, Aurora solutions. Migrated data warehouses to RedShift. Archived regulatory data in Glacier to save storage cost.
- Setup and configure SQS queue, SNS notification.
- Designed, implemented large Big Data EMR solutions. Configured EMR with Auto scaling capabilities to meet dynamic compute capacity requirements.
- Design and configure API gateway, configure Cloud Front CDN and Database cache solutions.
- Designed LAMDA function to initiate automated tasks to process media, send messages and automate content delivery. Designed rapid packaging and deployment of infrastructure as code using AWS cloud formation service. Design solutions to implement micro services and data catching technology to enhance user experience for complex business and media applications.
- Designed solutions to support cloud based assets by the corporate application support teams. Prepared run book documentations and trained of corporate technical teams and support organizations.
- Deployed in house Openshift/Docker origin container infrastructure to implement agile development and continuous delivery devops solutions.
- Designed and deployed inhouse 30+ node Hadoop cluster with HDFS, MapReduce, YARN, SPARK, Sqoop and Impala solutions for 10 group finance calculation engines in a multi-tenant design.
- Lead architect and technical delivery lead to migrate 50TB data warehouse applications from Oracle DHP to Oracle VLDB solutions to reduce 500K TCO per year. This migration also included refresh of end of life hardware, storage and database platforms.
- Technical Architect responsible for designing Oracle OBIEE 12c platform to consolidate 20 regulatory reporting applications across United States and Switzerland to reduced overall licensing, procurement and support costs for the Basel regulatory reporting program. This migration also includes migrate existing OBIEE instances from physical servers to AWS cloud platform.
Service Transition Manager
- Service transition manager responsible for transition of financial regulatory reporting applications from the legacy platform to strategic “Stride” platform for the Confidential finance origination.
- Responsible for technical requirement collection, design review, production support planning, resource allocation and application on boarding process for the new Stride platform.
- Maintain close partnership with “Stride” program organization to design production support engagements to provide operational support of CCAR, 14M, 14A, Y9C financial regulatory report processing.
- Engaged in monthly code release and operational activities for the production support organizations. Review SIT, UAT and deployment services activities for the maximum preparation of the operational support teams.
- Perform release readiness review and risk assessment of the production environment. Perform risk assessment and produce risk reports for the senior management for go-no-go decision.
- Produce book of work, service transition dashboard and post release after care plans for business groups and production services domain.
Vice President & Regional Head of Production Support
- Regional head of application support & functional manager of a team of 20 application support analysts to manage client reported incidents, major incidents, monitoring, change, release, problem management and continuous service improvement in a global application support organization.
- Responsible for 24X7 application and infrastructure support of 150+ Linux/Windows servers with Weblogic and Citrix platforms to run 8 business critical fixed income analytics (POINT) and Barclays fixed income indices applications running on distributed and grid computing architecture.
- Performed a major database migration of 300 financial services client databases from Sybase to SQL server 2012 platform in conjunction with development, DBA, infrastructure and project management teams.
- Performed delegation of client submitted incidents, batch job performance and data delivery issues to team members. Oversaw client reported issues to successful resolution. Escalated issues to development teams that needed further troubleshooting and resolution. Achieved 50% more service level success rate for break fix issues.
- Developed close partnership with database, UNIX, network, storage, middleware and other technology services teams for quick turnaround of infrastructure critical issues to ensure maximum application uptime.
- Refined IT Operations service catalogue with stakeholders, Reviewed and refined OLA agreements with internal infrastructure services organizations. Contributed in crafting SLA documents with stakeholders and customers.
- Managed relationship with external vendors on technical issues. Engaged global technology service teams to implement new solutions and enhance existing solutions.
- Incident managers of major incidents. Led troubleshooting calls with development teams and external vendors, managed resources to resolve systems and application outage.
- Led problem management process. Achieved 50% reduction of major incidents by leading root cause analysis, post mortems and remediation efforts by implementing effective problem management practice.
- Led change/release management process. Organized change approval meetings with development and business teams. Enforced minimum change acceptance criteria and change test evidence before rolling out any change in the production environment.
- Consolidated knowledge base wiki to document all application support documents. On board new support responsibilities by creating run-books and application workflow diagrams.
- Organize sessions for new features and products for the support teams to provide fast solutions to demanding clients.
- Responsible for business continuity and disaster recovery planning and execution for the fixed income analytics and indices applications.
- Performed quarterly and yearly application failover and disaster recovery tests.
- Streamline client support workflow and measure success and failure by producing incident support metrics. Reported systems, applications, database and middleware components performance.
- Created shift rotation and manage on-call and weekend support rotations.
- Mentor team members to learn new skills and improve existing skill sets.
- Worked closely with stakeholders to collect requirements to design technical solutions to meet business objectives.
- Produced service design package, prepared technology proposals and performed solutions presentation to stakeholders.
- Designed hybrid cloud based solution to host Standard & Poor’s public website on Amazon Could Services platform. Hybrid could solution design included secure connectivity, rapid deployment of Linux Servers and oracle weblogic platforms.
- Designed server virtualization solutions to upgrade and increase capacity of the McGraw Hill Teachers/Student portal “Create” from 8 physical Sun Fire T2000 platforms to 128-node LDOM environment running on 4 Oracle Sparc T4-4 platforms.
- Designed consolidation of 25+ business critical applications to 100 LDOM nodes each consists of 4 weblogic-managed servers in 2 data centers.
- Solutions Architect responsible for designing infrastructure to host the Lock Lizard proprietary rights management and license delivery application for the division of the Confidential on Apache, tomcat and SQL server environments.
- Closely worked with application development and support teams to collect requirements. Provided technical guidelines to implementation engineers, network, storage, firewall and load balancer teams. Delivered solutions design package on time and under budget.
Service Delivery Manager
- Led initiatives to improve production support strategies to streamline service delivery.
- Actively managed operational support strategy, including systems infrastructures, incident management, configuration management, release management, production support and application performance analytics for the Confidential Entitlement Solutions organization.
- Was responsible for incident management and root cause analysis and performance analysis of 23 business critical applications.
- Performed project management and service delivery of 23 business critical applications and related infrastructures.
- Produce service measurement and application usage/performance reports and monthly presentation for senior management.
- Wrote custom shell scripts to collect usage metrics data, release applications and sync code between regions.
- Developed and implemented a full life cycle of application release management process for the Confidential Entitlement Solutions organization.
- Responsible for implementing performance management and capacity management instruments for the Entitlement Management web applications.
- Led knowledge management initiatives in the production support organization and implemented affective and practical knowledge sharing solutions.
Production Support Manager
- Responsible for 24x7 production support of mission critical systems consist of 650+ Linux, Solaris, true64 servers.
- Led a team of 18 systems administrators and production support analysts in two separate locations in Maryland and Northern Virginia.
- Performed operational workflow analysis to increase productivity and service delivery. Reduced average service delivery time by 30% by re-designing, service fulfillment, change management and incident management workflow. Achieved 25% more service level success rate for break fix issues.
- Managed a project to transform workflow of Confidential ’s enterprise operations center. Implemented 3 levels of highly affective customer support organizations and increased success rate by 30%.
- Responsible for operations center’s service reporting and measurement reports. Managed customer relations, business needs assessments, planning, architecting technology solutions, reporting, incident and change management.
- Responsible for producing application and systems support matrix reports and continuous service improvement.
- Responsible for the systems and application support of mission critical Confidential Decennial systems.
- Led a project to implement the systems infrastructure of Census 2010 public website. Responsible for the production support of Census Bureau’s public web presence.
- Provide production support of key application such as SAS, BEA Weblogic, JBOSS, and Apache.
- Provide systems support of high performance Oracle and Sybase clusters.
- Enhanced systems and application monitoring tools by using HPOV, OVPI, HP Sitescope to monitor critical servers and applications.
- Designed and implemented ITIL compliant IT policies and procedures based on best practice. Implemented ITIL based incident management, change management and problem management processes.
- Responsible for managing customer requirements, resource management, budget and contracts.
Lead Infrastructure Solutions Architect
- Designed, architected and implemented systems and application infrastructure of “Real time English” startup project in co-located data center in conjunction with vendors and service providers.
- Designed custom CentOS Kickstart build and YUM repository for 30 apache, tomcat, Gigaspace and Database servers.
- Engineered DNS, NTP, Postfix, and local YUM repositories. Compiled and packaged custom version of Apache, Tomcat and MYSQL. Administered Apache/Tomcat web server firm.
- Wrote shell scripts to perform MySQL daily backup, data load and database synchronization between MySQL servers.
- Performed RPM application packaging and weekly code release.
- Wrote Shell, Perl scripts for release management, site updates and daily site and systems performance analysis and reporting. Introduced change management policies and procedures.
- Provided management and marketing reports by implementing Google analytics and Urchin deep web analytics tool.
- Introduced TCPDUMP and Wireshirk packet analysis tools to troubleshoot network and application related anomalies.
- Managed day-to-day projects, tasks, initiatives and provided daily and weekly senior management reports.
Global Production Support Lead
- Led a team of 8 systems engineers to provide application and systems support of Confidential “LehmanLive” web portal and other mission critical trading applications on 200 + Linux and Solaris servers in a global environment.
- Supported critical applications such as Lehman instant messaging solution, Client facing white label sites, Tocket remote access for all Lehman employees and clients, ADB asset database, Enterprise incident and change management system, Single sign-on, Entitlement infrastructures.
- Actively participated in resource planning, vendor relationship, capacity planning and growth. Partnered with Capital Market, Equity and Prime Service business groups on a regular basis to implement high performance cost affective application and infrastructure solutions.
- Architect and Engineer responsible global deployment and support of Lehman Brother’s global instant messaging platforms on Jabber XMPP, Mind Align, OCS, and Facetime platforms for 30K users.
- Specialized in DR planning and implementation of Lehman Live portal infrastructure across USA and global data center environments.
- Responsible for the production support of Oracle database for the Lehman Live portal, IMLive instant messaging engine and Entitlement applications.
- Responsible for performance management and systems management and monitoring using Sitescope and Phoenix.
- Responsible for performance analysis and trouble shooting of high performance real-time trading applications using TCPDUMP and Wireshirk.
- Experienced in EMC Storage, BIG IP F5 and Checkpoint firewall. Work with Storage and network teams to implement and manage global storage and network solutions.
- Wrote shell and pearl scripts for global application release and to create opsware application packages.
- Performed Global application release of portal, trading, asset management, incident management and IM complimented real-time trading and client support applications.
- Support global portal development team across 3 times zones on QA, stage environments.
Lead Infrastructure Architect
- Designed and deployed Confidential global web application infrastructure on BEA Weblogic, Solaris and Linux platforms on Sun and HP Blade architecture.
- Introduced Weblogic application release process to deploy and update J2EE applications across Confidential global Internet and intranet sites. Re-packaged java web applications to meet J2EE standard.
- Created Run books and trained support teams to manage and administer Solaris and Linux platforms and Weblogic application servers.
- Designed and deployed Custom Solaris, Redhat Linux OS builds using Solaris Jumpstart and Linux Kickstart Performed kernel enhancements and debugging for high performance database and application servers.
- Designed and deployed Redhat hardware HA solutions for Confidential ’s billing applications.
- Deployed systems and application monitoring solutions using Nagios and HP Openview.
Senior Systems Engineer
- Responsible for systems administration of 50 Solaris and Linux Servers running BEA Weblogic and other critical clinical applications and reporting engines for Confidential and Confidential hospital. Deployed Weblogic clustered infrastructure on Solaris to host Confidential online movie rental website. Wrote scripts using Weblogic command line tools to establish application release procedures.
- Responsible for Solaris and Linux Kernel performance enhancement and Kernel debugging and network packet analysis and Confidential and Confidential Medical center.
- Supported Weblogic infrastructure on Solaris
- Responsible for the administration and support SunOne and Site Minder single sign on solution for Confidential and Confidential application infrastructure.
- Administer and supported BIG IP F-5 load balancers and checkpoint firewalls.
- Supported interwoven Teamsite content management server for Confidential and Confidential medical center for static content deployment to corporate public websites.
- Responsible for J2EE application deployment, troubleshooting and often packaging applications for Confidential and Confidential Medical center.
Confidential, Manhattan, New York
Senior Systems Software Specialist
- Responsible for the systems and application administration of over 130 Distributed mid range Sun and Linux Servers in a mission critical 24/7 environment.
- Designed and deployed server firm consist of 20 BEA Weblogic 8.1 servers to support mission critical intranet clinical and B-to-B applications infrastructures.
- Customized Solaris and Linux kernel and other subsystems. Engineered and deployed Solaris custom Jumpstart, Live upgrade and Linux Kick start for Solaris 7, 8, 9 and Red Hat Linux servers.
- Implemented and administered Verity search engine for health related content on Solaris platform.
- Designed and Deployed Confidential Technologies Vital QIP IP management suite to manage IP address base, internal DNS and DHCP in a 15K node environment.
- Migrated DHCP data from legacy JOIN DHCP servers and Spreadsheets and text files.
- Wrote shell scripts and Perl scripts to automate repetitive systems administration tasks.
- Wrote Technical and Operational docs and Trained Support groups.