- Around 7 years of comprehensive IT spanning Cloud/ DevOps, Infrastructure Automation, Containerization Technologies, Build/Release Engineering, Scripting and Automation etc. Possess in - depth knowledge of Linux Systems Administration, Network Administration, Cloud Operations Engineering in Public Cloud Platforms like AWS/Azure/Google, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Jenkins, CICD. Good Experience implementing Agile, ITIL, ITSM, Release Management best practices in large scale Enterprise Environments.
- Extensive experience in Automation, Configuring and Deploying instances on Amazon web services (AWS) including EC2, ELB, Auto Scaling, S3, Lambda, VPC, Route53, Cloud watch, Cloud trail, AMI, IAM, Security groups, SNS and Roles.
- Hands on experience setting up Amazon EC2 instances, virtual private cloud (VPC), and security groups. Setting up databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 buckets and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Experience with working, coding, debug operations, reporting and data analysis utilizing python and using python libraries to speed up development.
- Experience in implementing Data warehouse and Data Lake solutions in Amazon Redshift, RDS.
- Worked on Azure compute services, Azure Web apps, Azure Data Factory & Storage, Azure Media & Content delivery, Azure Networking, Azure Hybrid Integration, and Azure Identity & Access Management.
- Created and Managed machine learning pipeline(s) using Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Services.
- Expertise in multiple Google Cloud Services for computing: Compute Engine and, for storage and DB: Cloud Storage, Cloud Bigtable, Cloud SQL, for monitoring: Stack driver.
- Experience in using configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Experience in writing Chef cookbooks in all aspects of chef concepts like Chef Server, Chef Automate, Chef workstations, Chef Nodes, Chef Client and various chef components like push jobs, supermarket etc.
- Hands on Experience on Configuring Cloud Compute systems using OpenStack on Ubuntu, collaboration using Orchestration with Keystone, Kubernetes within OpenStack.
- Experienced in creating jobs, pipelines in Jenkins with different Jenkins plugins to integrate with different services/tools.
- Experience of working with Terraform, PowerShell scripting, Active Directory & Domain Controller and maintaining Azure Security Center, Backup and Site Recovery (Operations Management Suite (OMS))
- Experience in creating Docker containers and Docker images for managing the application life cycle. Good knowledge on Docker components like Swarm manager for Docker swarm clusters, Prometheus server for machine-centric monitoring as well as monitoring of highly dynamic service-oriented architectures.
- Worked on Open source reverse proxy Web server nginx, cross platform Web server Apache HTTP, HAproxy and Citrix NetScaler for Web Monitoring and IP Filtering using SSL/TLS, Load Balancing, Web Acceleration, and Security.
- Experience on solid understanding of monitoring, alerting and analytics of systems, platform and application performance and usage (such as AppDynamics, Splunk)
- Extensively used Infrastructure monitoring tools like Nagios for monitoring network and severs, Splunk for Enterprise Log Management and Application management.
- Experience in using tools like JIRA for consolidated workflow within various teams with ITIL best practices.
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
CI/CD tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson.
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
Build Tools: Maven, ANT, Gradle.
Windows Hyper: V, VMware ESXi, Virtual Box, vCenter, vSphere, vRealize, Power VM.
Containerization Tools: Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, Spinnaker.
Application/Web Server: Tomcat, Apache, Application Server, IIS, Oracle WebLogic Server 11g.
Testing and ticketing tools: SonarQube, Selenium, JIRA, ServiceNow.
Monitoring and Logging Tools: Nagios, Splunk, ELK, CloudWatch, Azure Monitor, Datadog, Prometheus, Grafana.
Version Control Tools: GIT, GitHub, GitLab, Subversion, Bitbucket, Team Foundation Server (TFS).
Operating System: UNIX, Linux, Windows, MacOS.
Database Systems: Oracle, MySQL, MariaDB, NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra).
Networking/Protocol: DNS, DHCP, Cisco Routers/Switches, NIS, NFS, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP, TCP/IP.
Confidential, Houston, Texas
Sr. DevOps/Azure Cloud Engineer
- Creating and maintaining containerized micro services and configuring/maintaining private container registry on Microsoft Azure for Hosting Images and using Windows Active Directory.
- Setup Hybrid connections between Azure web Apps and on-premise SQL databases.
- Managed servers on the Microsoft Azure Platform, Azure Virtual Machines instances using Ansible Configuration Management and created Ansible Playbooks, tasks and roles to automate system operations.
- Worked on AZURE (IaaS) to migrate creating AZURE VMs, storage accounts, VHDs, storage pools, migrating on premise servers to AZURE and creating availability sets in AZURE and performed hardening of the VM’s and disk encryption using the KEK key in MS Azure.
- Monitor the Azure VM’s using Zabbix to display the network I/O bound, Memory usage, CPU and other metrics.
- Deploy OpenStack environments through automated tools, Ansible / custom pipeline and Terraform for Infrastructure Automation.
- Further we also implemented TeamCity from JetBrains which we use as a continuous integration server that supports a variety of different version control systems and build runners and Octopus Deploy and TeamCity can work together to make automated, continuous delivery easy.
- Created Python and Bash scripts to monitor & increase efficiency of retail management application system and installs which was carried out by Jenkins.
- Defined dependencies and plugins in Maven pom.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags. Created Maven POMs to automate build process for the new projects and integrated them with tools like SonarQube, Nexus.
- Used Ansible as a configuration management tool to deploy consistent infrastructure code across multiple environments and wrote playbooks using Python/YAML script for automating the infrastructure for test and production. Used Ansible Tower to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Worked with Docker Containers using package management service and Docker Swarm to manage Docker clusters.
- Implemented microservices on Kubernetes Cluster and configured operators on Kubernetes applications and all its components such as Deployments, ConfigMaps, Secrets and Services.
- Creating manifests and classes in Puppet for automation.
- Performed Unit testing, Integration Testing and generating of test cases for web applications using Junit and Python Unit test framework Hudson/Jenkins in the builds triggered by each push to GIT.
- Implemented, integrated and managed Perforce as well as instituting accurate, automated build and release methodologies for Binary compilation for Apache HTTP/HTTPS, Tomcat, PHP and MySQL.
- Working as Cloud Administrator, involved in configuration for Web apps/Function apps, V-net integration, HCM, Application gateway, App Insights, Active directory, Azure Key Vault, Encryption and Security on AZURE using ARM templates and PowerShell script.
- Developed a fully automated continuous integration system using Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, MySQL and custom tools developed in Python and Bash.
- Worked on configuring data sources for JBOSS with various versions of databases, configured, monitored distributed multi-platform servers using Nagios.
Environment: Microsoft Azure, Terraform, Apache, Tomcat, Python, Nagios, MySQL, PHP, Jenkins, TeamCity Maven, Docker, Ansible, JBOSS 4.22.GA, JSON, Web Logic Application Server 9.x, 10.x, Ansible, GIT, Oracle, Windows and Linux.
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Created AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom-sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, security groups. Managed other AWS Services like S3, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, RDS, Kinesis, Redshift Cluster, Route53, SNS, SQS, and Cloud Trail.
- Developed Cloud Formation script to automate the EC2 instances with Yaml templates.
- Worked with Jenkins to build and deploy java code from GitHub to the production servers using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline.
- Creation and maintenance of fully automated CI/CD pipelines for code deployment using Octopus Deploy.
- Designed and managed API system deployment using fast http server and Amazon AWS architecture and developed frontend and backend modules using Python on Django using Git.
- Primarily used Ruby to write GIT applications and Chef Recipes and created Chef Cookbooks and network configurations using Chef Server. Wrote Cookbooks with Python, SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS EC2 instances using Python.
- Wrote Lambda functions in python for AWS Lambda, Kinesis and Elastic Search which invokes python scripts to perform various transformations and analytics on large data sets in AMAZON EMR clusters.
- Worked on Atlassian Tools (Bamboo, Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence, etc.) and integrated all of them to set OAuth Impersonation and provided Server-Side support to provide access to all Applications Teams.
- Configured Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) using Cloud Formation templates and deployed AWS resources.
- Used Docker container clusters to clone the production servers and implementing Kubernetes container orchestration to clone production servers.
- Configured Kubernetes Replication Controllers to allow multiple pods such as Jenkins master server in multiple minions.
- Provisioned the highly available EC2 instances using Terraform and Cloud Formation templates, wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform and involved in using Terraform migrate legacy and monolithic systems to Amazon Web Services.
- Worked on integrating application logs with Splunk and wrote several custom Splunk queries for monitoring and alerting.
- Designed and worked with team to implement ELK (Elastic search, Log stash and Kibana) Stack on AWS.
- Implemented Continuous Delivery pipeline with GIT Hub, Jenkins, Docker and AWS AMI's (Linux), whenever a new GIT Hub branch gets created Jenkins attempts to build a new Docker container from it, the Docker container has the AMI baked in and leverages Linux containers.
- Installed configured Managed Monitoring tools, such as Nagios for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/log Trace Monitoring.
- Implemented Blue/Green Deployments with AWS Code Deploy where new version of application is tested in deployment other than in-place deployment and then traffic is diverted into the latest deployment.
- Configure, monitor and automate Google cloud Services as well as involved in deploying the content cloud platform using Google compute engine, Google storage buckets.
- Designed, wrote and maintained systems (Python) for administering GIT, by using Jenkins as a full cycle continuous delivery tool involving package creation, distribution and deployment on tomcat application servers via shell scripts embedded into Jenkins jobs.
- Performed daily administration of RedHat Satellite servers to prevent outage and plans for optimized system resource utilization.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
Environment: AWS, Google Cloud Platform, OpenStack, Ansible, ANT, MAVEN, Jenkins, Bamboo, RedHat Satellite Server, Splunk, Confluence, Bitbucket, GIT, JIRA, Python, SSH, Shell Scripting, Docker, JSON, Chef, JAVA/J2EE, Kubernetes, Nagios, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Terraform, Kibana.
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Worked as DevOps engineer/Build and release engineer in field of release automation for java application to achieve continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD).
- Configuration of various plug-ins for Jenkins for automation of the workflow. Configuration and maintenance of Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Maven to schedule the builds.
- Implementation of Ansible to deploy the builds for Dev, QA, and production. Installation of Ansible Tower on premise and on AWS nodes and automated the infrastructure using Ansible playbooks.
- Responsible for the Continuous Delivery pipeline given to all application teams as they on-board to Jenkins as a part of migration team.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Worked on developing internal testing tools which were written in Python and generated Python Django Forms to record data of online users.
- Worked with Nexus repository manager to proxy, collect, and manage the dependencies on the collection of JARs.
- Excellent hands on experience in installation, configuration and troubleshooting the issues and performance tuning of WebLogic, Apache and Tomcat.
- Experienced in Setting up Chef Server/Workstation and Bootstrapping Nodes. Wrote Wrapper cookbooks, recipes and utilized community cookbooks as well.
- Migrated the VMWARE VMs to AWS using AWS CLI by uploading data to S3 and EC2-import-image and created a disaster recovery repo for VM’s in AWS using EBS. Managed Services like EC2, S3 Bucket, Route, ELB, EBS.
- Implemented to automate the infrastructure used azure CLI and involved in accessing subscription using PowerShell and to monitor and troubleshoot azure resources I have used azure app insights.
- Worked with object-oriented Python, Flask, SQL, httplib2, Jinja2, HTML/CSS, Bootstrap, jQuery, Linux, GIT.
- Involved in development of Python based Web Services using REST for sending and getting data from the external interface in the JSON format and perform analysis using Django, PostgreSQL.
- Administrated DHCP, DNS, and NFS services in Linux. Created and maintained user's accounts, profiles, security, rights disk space and process monitoring.
- Provided technical support by troubleshooting Day-to-Day issues with various Servers on different platforms.
Environment: Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Ant, Red Hat 6.x/7.x, VMware ESXi, CentOS 6.x/7.x, Python, TeamCity, Ruby, Maven, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, WebLogic Server, Python, Artifactory, Ubuntu, SVN, UNIX, Nagios, Shell Scripts, ServiceNow, JBoss, Tomcat.
Build & Release Engineer
- Implemented a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline with Jenkins and GitHub.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with ANT and Apache Maven to schedule the builds. Took the sole responsibility to maintain the CI server.
- Worked in all areas of Jenkins setting up CI for new branches, build automation, plug-in management and securing Jenkins and setting up master.
- Automated the bundling process and reduced all the manual intervention needed and merged that to the Jenkins job.
- Installed and configured configuration tool such as Puppet to create PFS (package, file, service) using puppet master in puppet nodes by using modules.
- Worked on MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code and Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds, Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml.
- Resizing volumes to meet customer requirement, dealing with Logical Volume Manager (LVM) performance issues.
- Worked on setting up the new repos, managing the permissions for various GIT branches.
- Integration of Puppet with Apache and developed load testing and monitoring suites in Python.
- Troubleshooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Performance Monitoring on Red Hat Linux Systems.
Environment: Chef, Ruby, Puppet, IAC, TDD, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Python, Jenkins, SVN, Nagios, ANT, MAVEN, Nginx, JAVA, J2EE, MySQL, Oracle WebLogic, LDAP, ACL, NIS, DNS, DHCP, FTP.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Red Hat 4.x, 5.x, Ubuntu 10.x on various hardware platforms.
- Maintained multiple Oracle databases with an Apache/Tomcat web front end.
- Configured Kick-start for RHEL (4, and 5), Jumpstart for Linux and NIM for AIX to perform image installation through network.
- Configuring NFS, NIS, DNS, Auto Mount & Disk Space Management on Linux Servers.
- Configuring and maintaining network services such as LDAP, DNS, NIS, NFS, Web, Mail, and FTP.
- Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of Samba, Apache Tomcat, Web Sphere servers and Linux environment.
- Written different bash shell scripts, as per the needs for monitoring, automation of installs and configurations for different Linux environments. Worked on Shell scripts for automation of daily tasks and created cron jobs & at jobs.
- Supporting Veritas NetBackup 4.5 environment by working in co-ordination with the backup team to install NetBackup clients and troubleshooting any issues with backups.
- Installation and configuration of Veritas Storage Foundation Suite, Volume Manager, Cluster Servers &Veritas File systems (Vxfs).
- Shell scripting to automate the regular tasks like removing temp files, taking backups of files, file transfers among servers.
- Collaborated with backup team to maintain and recover enterprise wide backup servers using VERITAS Net Backup.
- Troubleshooting the network issues and response problems using ping, netstat, telnet utilities.
Environment: Linux-RHEL 4.x, UNIX, Veritas, Shell (bash), Apache Tomcat Application Server, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, Apache Tomcat, NFS, RPM, YUM, and RAID.
- Installing, tuning, troubleshooting and patching of Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers.
- Monitoring server performance and troubleshooting server related problems to SNMP.
- Handling the day-to-day Operations, install software, apply patches, manage file systems, monitoring performance and troubleshoot alerts, Solve Server Problems in LINUX.
- Installation, integration and management of data backup/recovery solutions. Management and configuration of VMware virtual machines running Oracle, Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Oracle Linux server.
- Configured volume groups, and logical volumes, extended logical volumes for file system growth needs using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) commands.
- Managing systems routine backup, scheduling jobs like disabling and enabling cronjobs, enabling system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning, testing.
- Jumpstart & Kick-start OS integration, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, Samba, NFS, FTP, SSH, LDAP integration.
- Performed daily system administration tasks like managing system resources, writing scripts, LVM management and end users support, manage operations and security issues.
- Monitored servers, switches, ports etc., with Nagios monitoring tool. Made changes to the configuration files on client servers and host server.
- Troubleshooting of day-to-day operational problems, client-side issues, and hardware problems in the systems.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 6.x, OEL 6.x, Nagios, Squid, DNS, FTP, DHCP, VNC, LVM, SSH repository, creating folder and granting user access privileges.