- Over 5 years of experience as Cloud/DevOps in automation, building, deploying and releasing of code from one environment to other environments.
- Experienced in Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS).
- Experience in dealing with windows Azure services - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Resource Groups, VPN, Load Balancing, Auto Scaling, Azure monitoring, Traffic Manager.
- Strong experience on Administration and troubleshooting of Azure IAAS Components - VM’s, Storage, VNET, NSG, Availability sets, Site to site VPN.
- Expert knowledge of 3-tier and N-tier layered architecture.
- Created and Configured a site-to-site Connection and created point-to-point connection.
- Experience in creating ARM Templets for Azure platform.
- Experienced on to deploy workloads on Azure Resource Manager (ARM) Virtual Machines.
- Ability to write scripts using Azure PowerShell during the Automation and build process.
- Using PowerShell to write, debug scripts to automate the process and do migration of VM, involving copying and creating of VHDS.
- Hand on experience in migrating Azure Storage Accounts.
- Experience on design and implement VM Storage - configure shared storage, configure VM disk storage and azure disk encryption.
- Azure Storage development and design utilizing Blobs, pages, queues, tables and VM’s.
- Good Knowledge of using different protocols like TCP, DNS, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH.
- Configure Virtual networks, Designing subnets, Gateway subnets, setup DNS at virtual network level, user defined routes (UDR’s)
- Strong Expertise on DevOps concepts like Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD) and Infrastructure as code, cloud computing etc.
- In the process of achieving continuous integration, I have experienced in working with tools like Jenkins, Hudson.
- Experience in using source control tools such as GIT and SVN. And Involved in activities resolving branching and merging conflicts.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for building of deployable artifacts such as war & Ear from source code.
- Working knowledge on different types of configuration managements tools like Chef, Ansible.
- Working on application server like Apache Tomcat.
- Working on customization of existing Python Scripts of some the internal applications.
- Worked on creation of custom Docker Container Images, tagging and Pushing the docker images.
- Worked on setting up the automation build on Docker Hub.
Version Control Tools: Git, SVN, VSTS
Continuous Integration: Jenkins, Bamboo, VSTS
Infrastructure Automation Tools: Ansible, Chef
Build Tools: Maven, Ant
Container Tools: Docker, Kubernetes
Monitoring Tools: Azure Monitor, Splunk, Cloud Watch
Cloud: Microsoft Azure, AWS
Operating Systems: Windows Server, Red Hat Linux, Ubuntu
Web/Application Servers: Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphereVirtualization Tech VMware Workstation, VMware vSphere, Oracle Virtual box
Scripting: PowerShell, Python
Confidential, San diego, CA
Azure/DevOps Automation Engineer
- Working on a Migration Project where Applications of windows 2008 servers are Migrating to a windows 2016 servers.
- Implemented Rail-based deployments in QA and production environments.
- In the process of Rail implementation, worked on creating Sites, Pool and Applications upon IIS 10 of windows 2016 servers.
- Worked on automation scripts for creating windows 2016 servers upon load balancers in parallel to 2008 servers
- Worked on Ansible automation scripts for creating windows servers in azure and enabling ISS.
- As part of migration project, I have written ansible scripts for creating sites and publishing sites on windows 2016 servers.
- Created scripts for publishing site and app configuration and monitoring the application status.
- Implemented Microsoft Azure and part of DevOps team for internal project automation and build configuration management. Involved in configuring virtual machines, Storage accounts and Resource groups.
- Remote login to virtual machines to troubleshoot, monitor and deploy applications.
- Working on Widows server 2016, using server manager to monitor the health of server and troubleshoot.
- Worked in migration project from on-premise to the cloud Azure. Contribute to the deployment of platform services including architecture, provisioning, configuration, deployment of product in the cloud.
- Implemented CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins and extensively worked for end-to-end automation for all build and deployments.
- Integrated Maven plugin with Jenkins and configure pipeline job to invoke maven top-level goals such as compile, test, package, deploy, install and clean.
- Configured and manage the VM availability for create availability sets and combine the load balancer with availability sets.
- Configure the scale up and scale down VM sizes, create virtual machine scale sets, configure and modify the VM scale capacity with PowerShell script.
- Capture an image of a virtual machine, attaching a Disk to virtual machine, manage and create virtual network and end points in azure portal.
- Deploying VM’s, storage, Network and availability groups/sets through PowerShell Scripts.
- Monitoring virtual machines - Monitor and create alerts, configured diagnostic and storage monitoring.
- Configure GIT with Jenkins and Schedule jobs using POLLSCM option and integrated to automate the code checkout process. Wrote Junit test cases for integration, and functional tests, run automatically by Jenkins in the builds triggered by each push to GIT.
- Developed build scripts using maven as build tool for the creation of build artifacts like War/jar or ear files.
- Using Git as source code management tool - created local repo, cloning the repo, adding, committing, pushing the changes in the local repo, recovering files, creating tags, viewing logs, etc.
- Installed, configured and administered Jenkins as continuous integration server on Linux machines. Added multiple nodes to Jenkins and configured SSH for continuous deployments.
- Maintained and administered GITHUB source code tool, Created Branches, Labels and performed Merged in stash and GITHUB
Environment: Microsoft Windows Azure, Ansible, Windows 2016 server, Windows Server 2008/2012/R2, Windows Power shell, Microsoft Visual studio 2012, Azure AD, Azure Network, Azure Storage, GIT, GITHUB, Jenkins, Maven, Apache tomcat, Chef, Site-to-site VPN, Azure Storage, MAVEN, and LINUX.
- Configured and managed groups and User accounts, setting up User environments in Linux.
- Performed Root password recovery in the Linux servers.
- Worked on Ansible to automate AWS instance creation and Deploying application.
- Worked on Azure on Microsoft.
- Build and configure a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, and Security Management VPC.
- Build application and database servers using AWS EC2 and create AMIs as well as use RDS for Oracle DB.
- Worked on Docker and created virtual instances with Docker.
- Worked on AWS Lambda, AWS code deploys
- , AWS cloud formation and cloud foundry.
- Administered Kickstart for RHEL 5/6 to perform image installation through network.
- Managed data stores and Vcenters with VMware Installation and ESX hosts configuration.
- Managed, configured, and Installed Sudo for users to access the root privileges also familiar with powerbroker environment, for role-based privileges.
- Install, configure and administer log analyzer tool Cloud Watch.
- Worked with ANT, maven and JIRA.
- Worked on migrating VMware to AWS using snowball and VM import/export.
- Experience working on AWS code deploy, lambda, VPC and CLI.
- Worked on Nagios installation and configuration.
- Worked on NRPE’s with Nagios
Envinonment: Linux, Docker,Azure, Nagios, Git, Ant, Maven, Ansible, Apache Tomcat, Jira, diffentent services in AWS like EC2 Instances,cloud watch,Aws lambda, creating AMI’s
- Creation of Linux Virtual Machines using VMware ESX Virtual Client 5.1.0
- Installation of Red Hat Linux Virtual Machines through kickstart and interactive installation.
- Performance of RPM and YUM package installations, Yum repository management.
- Installs, upgrades and manages packages via RPM and YUM package management.
- Managed and configured LVM (Logical Volume Manager).
- Administration of DHCP, FTP, NTP, DNS, and NFS services in Linux.
- Performed automated installations of Operating System using Jumpstart for Solaris.
- Installs Firmware upgrades, Kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning Unix/Linux systems.
- Creation and management of users' and groups' accounts, passwords, profiles, security (ACL, Disk Quota, and PAM), permissions, disk space usage and processes.
- Scheduled various regular, periodic, future and queue tasks by using crontab.
- Regular disk management such as partitioning according to requirements, creating new file systems or growing existing ones over the hard drives and managing file systems.
- Experience with network monitoring and performance management tools.
- Set up mount points on Solaris servers for Oracle database and installed MySQL server.
- Performed data management using native Solaris utilities for archiving and compression.
- Carried on installation and configuration of WebLogic and WebSphere application server.
- Configured and managed Apache Web Server on Linux for web-based applications using REST/SOAP, Apache and WebLogic.
- Monitored server performance and troubleshooting server related problems to SNMP.
- Performed installation, configuration, and maintenance of web servers, application servers, and database servers on Linux server.
- Wrote simple bash scripts to ping the servers and add users to the boxes.
- Utilized NFS management - taking care of user accounts/groups, setting up of NFS environment.
- Carried on installation/upgrade, system startup, and system shutdown as needed.
- Resolved system errors and crashes, disk space problems, huge file sizes, and file system full errors.
- Created and maintained user accounts, profiles, and security rights.