- Over 8+ years of work Experience in IT industry with major focus on Software Development, Release management, Cloud/DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD pipeline), Build and Release management, Linux/Windows/macOS administration and support.
- Experience in working with AWS resources like IAM, EC2, VPC, RDS, EBS, S3, ELB, ECS, Route 53, Cloud Formation, Scaling, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, Red Shift, SQS, SNS and experienced in Cloud automation.
- Experience working on several Docker Components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, creating Docker Images, Docker Registry and handling multiple images.
- Having good implementation experience with installation and configuration of Kubernetes, clustering them and managed local deployments in Kubernetes.
- Experience in creating Jenkins Pipeline . Set up Continuous Integration for major releases in Jenkins .
- Ability to identify and gather requirements to define a solution to be build and operated on AWS.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT and Subversion (SVN) on Linux, Mac and windows platforms.
- Extensively worked with build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts from source code.
- Hands - on experience with configuration and automation tools such as Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Worked with Ansible Playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, Configuration management, patching and software deployment.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python, SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python, run Ansible Scripts to provision development servers.
- Extensive experience in setting up the CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, GitHub, Terraform and AWS.
- Extensive experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle with emphasis in designing, developing, implementation, deployment and support of distributed enterprise scalable, secure and transactional J2EE applications.
- Experience in a UNIX environment and expertise in several flavors of Linux including Red Hat, CentOS , and Ubuntu .
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity
- Hands on experience on Terraform.
- Experience in programming languages like Java, Python
Cloud Platform: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
Infrastructure as code: Terraform and Cloud Formation.
AWS Services: VPC, EC2, IAM, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Redshift, Lambda, Kinesis, Dynamo DB, Direct Connect, Storage Gateway, DMS, SMS, SNS, and SWF.
Operating Systems: Linux (RedHat, CENTOS, SUSE, Mint), Ubuntu, Kali, Solaris, DEBAIN, HP-UX, Windows.
Scripting: Shell Scripting, Groovy, Python, Ruby, Perl and Power Shell.
Version Control Tools: GIT, GITHUB, TFS, Subversion (SVN), CVS and Bit bucket.
Build Tools: Maven, Gradle Sonar, Nexus, and Ant.
Database: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
Containerization Tools: AWS ECS, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos.
Application Servers: Web Sphere Application Server, Apache Tomcat, JbossWeb Logic, Nginx.
Automation/Configuration Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins.
Orchestration Tools: Kubernetes, Docker swarm, and Apache Mesos.
Testing tools: Selenium, Cucumber
Networking Protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Cisco Routers/Switches, WAN, SSLLAN, FTP/TFTP, SMTP.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, AWS Cloud Watch, Splunk, and ELK.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, and Red Mine.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Participated in design and architect of 7-layer VPC architecture on AWS for customers. Automated whole 7-layer VPC provision and validation with a single click by integrating with Jenkins.
- Build web applications in Python/Django, including front-end (user interfaces) and back end.
- Installed application on AWS EC2 instances and configured the storage on S3 buckets.
- Performed S3 buckets creation, policies and on the IAM role based polices and customizing the JSON template.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch.
- Configured AWS cloud infra as code using terraform and continuous deployment through Jenkins.
- Processed large chunks of unstructured data using Elastic Map Reduce (EMR) and worked extensively with the EMR cluster.
- Build high performance web services, using languages such as python.
- Worked on creation and managing IT infrastructure and application stack using AWS Cloud Formation and writing the template file using JSON.
- Managing the multi-tier and multi-region architecture using AWS Cloud Formation.
- Automating the cloud formation using Terraform.
- Working with VPC i.e. IPv4, IPv6, Route tables, NAT instances, Internet Gateway (IGW) and Virtual private gateway (VGW).
- Enabling VPC peering between two VPC's in the same AWS environment.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using Chef.
- Worked on Managing the Private Cloud Environment using Chef.
- Bootstrapping instances using Chef and integrating with auto scaling
- Worked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs. And, configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Used Docker Compose/Swarm to create and run Cluster of Containers
- Created Docker secrets for use by Docker Services to connect securely to databases.
- Managed Docker orchestration use Docker Swarm.
- Integrated Docker container-based test infrastructure to Jenkins CI test flow and set up build environment integrating with Git and Jira to trigger builds using Web Hooks and Slave Machines.
- Build Docker Slave nodes for Jenkins using custom build Docker images and instances.
- Installed Jenkins on a Linux Server, created master & slave configuration and drove all micro services builds out to the Docker registry. Build scripts using MAVEN in Jenkins to move from one environment to other.
- Knowledge on Deploying Couch base, Tomcat and Elastic search clusters using Docker
- Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GitHub.
- Worked with AWS Directory services and Domain services.
- Delivered environment mapping in AWS that included Active Directory, LDAP, and AWS IAM roles for AWS API Gateway platform. Executed Micro Services with AWS EC Docker/Kubernetes for code building and packaging.
- Developed microservice onboarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services.
- Extensive usage of Tortoise SVN in windows environment for version control activities.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- The continuous integration system for all our products using Jenkins.
- Troubleshoot the build issues during the Jenkins build process.
- Used JIRA to track issues and change management.
- Wrote JUnit test cases for unit, integration, and functional tests,
- Build scripts on AWS cloud for scheduling EC2 auto scaling load balancer with python SDK.
- Supported API development team to create Ansible Playbooks to deploy, integrate & monitor their Continuous Integration Environment.
- Deployed the java application into web application servers like Apache Tomcat.
- Experienced in deployment of applications on Apache Web server, Nix and Application Servers such as Tomcat.
- Coordinated with the Offshore and Onshore teams for Production Releases.
Environment: Amazon Web Services, IAM, S3, EBS, AWS SDK, Cloud Watch, Lamda,Cloud Formation, GitHub, Terraform, Docker, Ansible, Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, JSON, Bash, Shell, Perl, SNS, SQS, AWS Directory Services.
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
- Migrated the current RHEL Linux environment to AWS , used auto scaling feature. Worked extensively on AWS Cloud platform & its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, AWS Config, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Lambda, ELB, Elastic Beanstalk, IAM, S3.
- Developed a migration approach to move workloads from On-Premises to Windows Azure for Windows machines & AWS for Linux machines. Administered RHEL, Centos, Ubuntu, UNIX & Windows servers.
- Synced On-premises Windows Server Active Directory to Azure AD using Azure AD connect. Migrated SQL Server database to Windows Azure SQL Database & updated the Connections.
- Created and managed Azure AD tenants and configured applications with Azure AD. Integrated on-premises Windows AD with Azure AD.
- Managed Clusters with various Servers in Azure Cloud Resource Groups and Monitored remotely by running Ambari Scripts, Azure Data Factory and Blobs.
- Deployed applications on multiple web servers, maintained Load balancing, high availability by using Azure platform. Build & automate infrastructure deployments in Azure cloud using PowerShell
- Created AWS cloud formation templates for the migration of applications from on-premises to AWS and to create custom-sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, security groups.
- Creating EC2 instances in secured private subnet and deploying them in load balancing, assigning Elastic IP
- Worked on the installation of Docker using toolbox & creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images and worked on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Used Docker to containerized Micro services in cloud and managed clusters using Docker Swarm and Kubernetes . Developed Private cloud system solution on CoreOS using Kubernetes.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure, Docker has been key to this experience, along with Mesos, Marathon and Kubernetes .
- Created modules & manifests in Puppet using Ruby , modified Puppet forge per requirement , used Puppet to install & manage Nginx packages.
- Integrated Puppet with Apache in the Linux AWS Cloud environment using Puppet automation, developed load tests, monitored suites in Python , and integrated puppet modules into Jenkins jobs for CI/CD framework.
- Used Chef to automate the infrastructure by creating Chef Cookbooks, tested those Cookbooks using Food critic & NG.
- Deployed and configured Chef and Chef Solo including bootstrapping of Chef Client nodes for provisioning, creating roles, cookbooks, recipes, and data bags for server configurations, deployments.
- Used Chef Cookbooks to setup Continuous Delivery pipeline with Jenkins & Sonar server to run packages, supported software components like Maven.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing & applying branching, labelling conventions using Git source control, resolved conflicts related to merging of source code.
- Installed & Managed Monitoring Tools like Splunk, Nagios for Resource Network & Log Trace.
- Worked with Red Hat RHEL.5.x/ 6.x, CentOS, Solaris & VMware ESX environment. Administered LDAP , NFS & NIS in Linux, implemented Samba for sharing resources between Linux & windows environment, involved in Remediation & patching of Unix/Linux Servers.
- Configured Apache web servers & Tomcat application containers in a Red Hat Linux/CentOS environment.
- Worked on Grub, PXE boot, Kickstart, Packages, Yum, RPMs, LVM, Boot from SAN/NAS, file system configuration.
- Configured relational & non-relational databases like Cassandra, Mongo DB . Implemented service layer on top of Cassandra using Restful API .
Environment: RHEL, Solaris & Windows, AWS, Docker, GIT, Puppet, Bash, Python, Apache2, Nagios, Maven, Hudson, Jenkins, Chef, Open Stack, JIRA, Ruby, Splunk, shell.
Confidential, New York City, NY
- Managed source code repository, build, and release configurations, processes, and tools to support daily development, test, and production build and software deployment operations.
- Created and Maintained Subversion Branching, Merging and tagging across each Production releases and perform builds using Hudson Continuous Integration using Maven Scripts.
- Maintained Maven environment by setting up local, remote and central repositories with specified configuration in maven configuration files.
- Automated Maven and ANT builds by integrating them with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins .
- Automated the continuous integration and deployments using Jenkins .
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository , Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven Repository and Deployed Apps using custom ruby modules through Puppet as a CI/CD Process.
- Implemented and maintained Puppet configuration management across two divergent service offerings (legacy and current generation) spanning several environments in the AWS cloud.
- Utilized Configuration Management Tools Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Strong experience in deploying and maintaining multi-container applications through Docker.
- Involved in POC on Docker and used Docker registry, Docker-compose, Links, Bridge and Docker file.
Environment: AWS, Elastic Load-balancers, Elastic Container Service (Docker Containers), RDS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, IAM, Elastic Search, RedHat Enterprise Linux servers, Apache, Subversion, Git/GitHub, Puppet, ANT, Jira, Web logic Application Server, Puppet, SVN/Git, Jenkins/Hudson, Shell Scripting, Ruby.
Build & Release Engineer
- Have done various POCs to explain and demonstrate the possibility of implementing CI/CD in various projects.
- Installed and administered GIT source code tool and ensured the reliability of the application as well as designed the branching strategies for GIT.
- Deployed and configured GIT repositories with branching, forks, tagging, merge requests, and notifications.
- Involved in Installing Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process, developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Implemented Maven builds for creating JAR, WAR and EAR artifact.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artefacts to Nexus to share artefacts across project.
- Written shell scripts to deploy the Java applications into application servers like JBoss.
- Performed integrating, Junit and code quality Tests as a part of build process.
- Worked on Installation and Configuration of Chef Server and Chef-client.
- Implemented Chef to spawn new servers with right configuration by using Chef Cook books and recipes.
- Worked with developers for resolving runtime failures, troubleshoot Build and Deployment Issues, with minimal downtime.
- Experienced administering a large scale distributed application environment.
- Resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with quality assurance and engineering teams.
Environment: DevOps, Java, Ant, Maven, Jenkins/Hudson, nexus, Chef, shell, Python, Perl, GIT, Apache Webserver, Apache JMETER, Meta Case, GIT, SVN, Windows.
System Administrator/Network Support Engineer
- Installed, Configured and maintained Red hat Linux, CentOS
- Maintaining and monitoring of the tasks scheduled and running daily activity scripts
- Responsible for troubleshooting end user and application problems.
- Configured and implemented group policy in Active Directory.
- Set up Quotas for the user accounts & limiting the disk space usage.
- Analyzing and reviewing the System performance tuning and Network Configurations.
- Installed, configured and maintained Cisco edge switches for corporate LAN using various models. Experience on VLAN configuration, port assignment and backup of switch configuration.
- Developed Shell Scripts to automate repeatable tasks , used Bash Shell scripting to manage directories , files , users , and applications .
- Installing operating systems, patches, hardware, vendor software packages, system customization and documentation of all departmental UNIX, PC-based workstations and Terminal
- Periodic checks of production and development systems; CPU utilization, memory profiles, disk utilization, network connectivity, system log files. Monitoring system resources, logs, disk usage, scheduling backups and restore
- Maintained network security standards and escalation of situations requiring urgent attention.
- Created and maintained documentation on network diagrams, configurations, hardware and version records.
- Supported with the configuration of multiple remote site installation of Windows 2000 operating system.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 3.x/4.x/5.x, CentOS 4.6/4.7/5, VMware, Apache 2.0, NFS, Software RAID, DNS Servers, DHCP Server, VPN.