- Associated with IT industry for 8+ years working as Cloud/DevOps Engineer, Linux Administrator and Middleware Engineer within Linux/Unix/Windows environments to provide solutions to the complex issues utilizing most of the resources such as Virtualization, Integration and configuration Management tools, different Infrastructures (On - Premises Bare-Metal, privatized or Public Cloud) for Server Provisioning, Configuring, Monitoring, Disaster Recovery.
- Adopting DevOps Culture to automate the entire Software Development Life cycle and Implemented Continuous Integration, Delivery/Deployment pipelines
- Experience in designing complex custom Groups, users, roles, policies by using AWS (IAM) for delegated users within AWS and automated configurations using ansible, Chef and AWS Opsworks
- Proficient in Orchestration and migration of CI/CD processes using Cloud Formation and Terraform Templates and Containerized the infrastructure using Docker, which was setup in Vagrant, AWS and VPCs
- Expertise in creating and maintain Jenkins pipelines by using groovy scripts to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes
- Automated the provisioning of Tomcat application, Apache web instances through ansible
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry Extensive working experience with AWS IaC (Infrastructure as Code) with broad range of AWS Cloud Services like EC2, ELB, Auto Scaling, VPC, Route53, RDS, S3, IAM, SNS, SQS, Dynamo DB, Elastic search and Cloud Watch
- Experience in Windows Azure Services like PaaS, IaaS and worked on Azure PaaS storages like Blob SQL Azure. Well experienced in deployment & configuration management and Virtualization.
- Interacted with Architect & implemented Cloud / Azure based systems as a part of POC in the patching process.
- Worked on installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of Red hat Linux, Suse Linux, Ubuntu, Fedora, CentOS, Sun Solaris and some Windows Servers.
- Experience on complete software development life cycle ( SDLC ) with software development models like Agile, Scrum Model, JIRA, Waterfall model.
- Configured Docker containers for Branching purpose and deployed using Elastic Beanstalk
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, swarm and clustering frameworks
- Knowledge in Mesos providing the fine-grained resource allocations for pods across nodes in a cluster and making Kubernetes play nicely with other frameworks running on the same cluster resources
- Knowledge of NGINX in using as a reverse proxy and load balancer to manage incoming traffic and distribute it to slower upstream servers - anything from legacy database servers to microservices
- Proficient in Chef Enterprise Hosted On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server
- Experience working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source. Installed, configured, upgraded and managed Puppet Master, Agents & Databases. Integration of Puppet with Apache and Passenger
- Experience in TCP/IP, UDP, OSI Model, N tier Architecture, DNS, DHCP, NAS, NFS, SSH, HTTP and HTTPS
- Used Ansible to automate the Cassandra Tasks such as new installations/configurations and Basic Server Level Checks
Cloud Technologies: Open Stack, AWS (VPC, EC2, EMR, S3, EBS, ELB, RDS, SNS, configSQS, Glacier, elastic search, elastic cache, IAM, VPC, Cloud FormationRoute53, Red shift, Kinesis, Lambda, Systems Manager Cloud Watch, KMS, cloud trail) Microsoft Azure, Rackspace, cloud migration
Operating Systems: UNIX, red hat Linux (RHEL), Ubuntu, Windows 98/NT/XP/Vista/7/8SCM Tool: Subversion, GIT, GitHub, Bitbucket, TFS
Build Tool: Ant, Maven
CI/CD tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, Octopus, Udeploy, Circle CIXL Deploy
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, bamboo, octopus, U Deploy, CircleCIContainerization: Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift Mesos.
Configuration Management: : Chef, Ansible.
Automation Tools: Ansible tower, Terraform
Bug tracker & Testing: JIRA, Bugzilla, SonarQube, Junit, Test Flight and Test Rail
Repositories: Nexus, Artifactory, JFrog
Web Service Tools: JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, IntelliJ IDEA, Oracle Web logicIBM WebSphere
Languages/Utilities: Shell Script, ANT Script, Batch Script, Ruby, Perl, Node.js, C, C++, Objective C, Python, Java, J2EE
Networking: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, Cisco Routers/Switches, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP.
Databases SQL Server: MS.SQL, MySQL, Oracle, DB2, mongo DB, PostgreSQL, Cassandra
Monitoring and profiling tools: Datadog, Splunk, SiteScope, Dynatrace, Kibana, Logstash, ELK.
Confidential, Pataskala, Ohio
- Worked closely with the Development Team in the design phase and developed Use case diagrams using Rational Rose involved in using the Node.js uses as event-driven, non-blocking I/O model that makes it lightweight and efficient
- Worked running Python scripts to totally automate AWS services which includes web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion /GIT
- Experience in integrating code quality tools such as SonarQube in CI/CD pipelines
- Created quality gates in SonarQube dashboard and enforced in the pipelines to fail the builds when conditions not met
- Created nightly builds with integration to code quality tools such as SonarQube
- Installing Bitbucket Data Center on premise to merge the existing Stash/Bitbucket servers of individual companies in the organization to one source of platform for code repositories
- Supporting the development team to provision the server and integrate with the system and CI/CD setup experience on using Terraform along with packer to create custom machine images and automation tools like Chef/Ansible to install software's after the infrastructure is provisioned
- Automated the infrastructure using Terraform and making it auditable by storing all the infrastructure changes in a version control system like GIT
- Collaborate in the automation of AWS infrastructure via terraform and Jenkins - software and services configuration via Ansible
- Implanted a continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub. Whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins our continuous Integration server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it
- Built a new CI pipeline, Testing and deployment automation with Docker, Jenkins and Ansible. Integrating SonarQube in the CI pipeline for code coverage reports and sonar metrics. Integrating SonarQube in the CI pipeline to analyze code quality and obtain combined code coverage reports after performing static and dynamic analysis
- Converted existing Terraform modules that had version conflicts to utilize cloud formation during Terraform deployments to enable more control or missing capabilities
- Written Ansible Playbooks for installing Software packages, web applications in Virtual Machines and AWS EC2 instances
- Used tools like JIRA for Bug tracking/created tickets, generated reports on different bugs and tickets.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies
- Microsoft IIS server with NLB installation and configuration
- Experience in installation and configuration of Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and 2005
- Installed SQL Server 2008R2 on windows 2008R2 and migrated SSIS packages
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release
- Provided periodic feedback of status and scheduling issues to the management
- Kept track of all the releases and request of the developers through Infrastructure management tool
- Used the continuous integration tool Anthill Pro to automate the daily processes
- Created views and appropriate meta-data, performed merges, and executed builds on a pool of dedicated build machines
Environment: Bitbucket, GIT, AWS, Jenkins, terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Java, ANT, MAVEN, SonarQube, JIRA, python, Ruby, LINUX, XML, Windows XP, cloud migration, Windows Server 2003, ELK, Kibana, Logstash, elastic search, Web logic, MY SQL, Node.js, API,SSIS, SSRS Perl Scripts, Shell scripts.
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
Cloud AWS Engineer
- Experienced in provisioning, configuring and troubleshooting of various AWS cloud services, EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, EBS, VPC, Route53, Auto scaling groups, Cloud watch, Cloud Front, IAM.
- Managed IAM accounts (with MFA) and IAM policies to meet security audit & compliance requirements.
- Proficient in writing Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) in YAML and JSON format to build the AWS with the paradigm of Infrastructure as a Code.
- Build Customized Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) & deployed these customized images based on requirements.
- Experience in AWS Elastic Block Storage (EBS), various volume types and utilization of different types of EBS volumes based on requirement.
- Provided security and managed user access and quota using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), including creating new Policies for user management.
- Experienced with installation of AWS CLI to control various AWS services through SHELL/BASH scripting.
- Experience in various IAAS/PAAS design groups & working toward architecting and implementing the product.
- Defining, Designing and implementing the security model used in consumption of the Ansible tower platform to the consumers
- Administering the VMware WorkStation for performing snapshots, modifying LVM, restoring from the snapshots etc
- Good hands on experience in writing Ansible playbooks and automating the day to day tasks for users as part of self-service jobs
- Enabled Crontabs in setting up the schedule for running a command to take the backup daily
- Defined and implemented the GitHub branching strategies, branches with respect to the environment
- Developed automation and deployment templates for relational and non-relational databases including postgres, MS-SQL, MySQL, Cassandra and MongoDB for different micro-services
- Integrated with different platforms like VMware/AWS with the ansible tower to make use of the inventory(hosts) for the consumption to consumers
- Created AWS cloud formation templates to create organization AWS network from scratch with custom-sized VPC, subnets, NAT gateways, internet gateways, Route tables, ACL’s EC2 instances, ELB's, security groups
- Implemented tagging standards for proper identification and ownership of EC2 instances and other AWS Services like Cloud Front, cloud watch, Elastic beanstalk, RDS, Red shift, S3, EBS, Route53, SNS, SQS, Cloud Trail create and manage keys and control the use of encryption across a wide range of AWS services and in applications working with load balancing and monitoring System/Application Logs of server using Datadog, Splunk, Nginx, Nagios, Kibana, ELK, Log stash to detect Production issues
- VersionOne is used to track the user stories, backlogs, impediment, risks, and replicating the repeated stories as template in VersionOne
- Developed and Implemented python script integrated with vault to create/update the ansible tower resources like inventory, credential, teams, ldap configuration, generating keys used during on-boarding the consumers to ansible tower via Browsable Rest API
- Spun up core services according to demand with custom Python, shell, Ruby scripts and Ansible playbooks
- Working with Microservices using Docker Containers, Kubernetes, OpenShift, deploying applications in multiple Public and Private clouds like VMWare, Amazon Web Services
- Involved in PaaS with RedHat OpenShift Container Platform in Architecting, installing and configuring the platform using different tools and technologies
Environment: AWS, NoSQL, MS SQL, MySQL, Git, GitHub, Jenkins, ansible, ansible tower, VMware Workstation, Docker (Daemon), Kubernetes, Python, shell script, Cassandra, MongoDB, ELK, Logstash, Kibana, elastic search, Elastic cache, Rest API, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, KMS OpenShift, Terraform, Cloud Formation, Nagios, Red Hat Linux, mpstat, vmstat, Iostat, netstat, nfsstat, Packer, JFrog, VersionOne, Vagrant, Azure.
Confidential, Cary, NC
Build and Release Engineer
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases
- Installed subversion server on Red hat (RHEL) Linux boxes. Created subversion repositories, imported projects into newly created subversion repositories as per the standard directory layout
- Created various branches for each purpose, merged from development branch to release branch, created tags for releases
- Interacted with client teams to understand client deployment requests
- Used JIRA to track issues and Change Management
- Integrated JIRA with SVN and created automated release Notes using Perl Scripts
- Coordinate with the Development, Database Administration, QA, and IT Operations teams to ensure there are no resource conflicts
- Installed SQL Server 2008R2 on windows 2008R2 and migrated SSIS packages. Creating custom reports on results of SCOM monitoring, using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Created and maintained the Shell/Perl deployment scripts for po5 web application servers
- In-depth understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defectsassess risk and understand varied customer deployments.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, Octopus, ANT, MAVEN, Web Logic, SQL server 2005,SSIS, SSRS, TFS 2010, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML, UNIX
Confidential, Foster city, CA
DevOps / Build and Release Engineer
- Designed, implemented GIT as Version Control System for two applications. Managed development streams and integration streams
- Branching and merging code lines in the GIT and resolved all the conflicts raised during the merges
- Setup CI/CD Pipelines for micro services and integrated tools such as Maven, Bitbucket, SonarQube, Nexus, Docker, Slack for providing immediate feedback to Dev Teams after code check-in
- Designed and Developed Jenkins Build deployments by managing nexus maven repositories to download the artifacts during the build and integrating with code quality tools such as SonarQube
- Created quality gates in SonarQube dashboard and enforced in the pipelines to fail the builds when conditions not met
- Deployed the build artifacts into environments like QA, UAT & Production according to the build life cycle. Worked on Develops automated tools that produce repeatable, auditable software builds and deployments across all environments and a variety of platforms
- Provided the reports using Bean shell scripting in Anthill Pro
- Developed WLST scripts and integrated with Anthill Pro to automate the deployment activities to various environments
Environment: GIT, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, JIRA, Ruby, cloud migration, SonarQube, Make file, LINUX, XML, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003/2008, MY SQL, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts