- 7+ years of experience in Cloud, DevOps, Build and Release Engineer in application configurations, code compilation, automating, building, deploying, and releasing of code from one environment to another environment.
- Worked on all phases of Software Development Life Cycle. Well versed with Software development (SDLC) and good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile methodologies.
- Experienced in System Builds, System Administration, Server builds, Installs, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Troubleshooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Performance Monitoring and Fine - tuning on UNIX flavors (RHEL, CentOS, Fedora, Ubuntu).
- Expert in setting up AWS virtual private cloud (VPC) to launch various AWS cloud resources like EC2, Elastic Load Balancing, RDS, Route53, Lambda, SNS, Auto-Scaling, AMI, Cloud Watch, and Amazon Simple DB, IAM and managed AWS storage services like S3, EBS and Amazon Cloud Front . Leverage multiple layers of security, including security groups and network access control lists, to control access to Amazon EC2 instances in each subnet.
- Worked on Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates. Managed servers on Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform using Puppet configuration management.
- Experience in configuring and updating servers with Ansible, Chef and Puppet for continuous integration and continuous delivery on multiple platforms and container management tools like Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS ECS.
- Experience working with Docker containers, installing Docker Engine, writing Docker files, building images, maintaining Docker registry, and managing/administering containers in production environments.
- Implemented several Tomcat, JBOSS Instances by using the Docker Engine for running several Containerized AppServers and Installed, deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple apps and configure Docker Swarm and Kubernetes.
- Experience in creating Ansible playbooks, Puppet manifests, Chef Cookbooks to provision Apache webservers, Tomcat servers, Nginx and other applications.
- Experience with software Build tools like Apache Maven, Apache ANT and Gradle to write Pom.xml and Build.xml respectively.
- Automated deployment process to Apache Tomcat Application Servers by developing Python Scripts. Good experience in using Tomcat and Apache web servers for deployments and for hosting tools.
- Installed, Configured and Administered Hudson/Jenkins Continuous Integration Tool and created continuous Build process using Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments. Extensively worked on project testing and deployments with Jenkins and implemented code coverage and unit test plugins with Maven in Jenkins.
- Experience in development and deployment of applications using JBoss, IBM WebSphere Application and Apache Tomcat.
- Expertise in installing configuring, managing & troubleshooting of VMware ESXi 5.0/5.5/6.0/6.5, vCenter Servers. Configured VMware on clustered environment, Implemented Migration of Virtual Machines using VMotion, Storage VMotion.
- Experience in using Bug Tracking tools like JIRA and HP Quality center. Coordinating and tracking all projects for seamless releases using Project Management System JIRA, Source Code Management System SVN and Document Management System SharePoint.
- Expertise in LVM, SVM. Creating new file systems, mounting file systems, unmounting file systems and troubleshooting Disk space issues. Efficiency in installing, configuring and implementing the RAID Technologies using various tools like SVM.
- Expertise in installing, updating and managing different servers like DNS, LDAP, FTP, Tomcat & Apache web servers on Linux and expertise in Package Management utilizing Red Hat RPM/YUM and Red Hat Satellite server.
- Good command in working with Tracking Tools JIRA and IBM Rational Clear Quest . Handling Tickets, Monitoring, Troubleshooting and maintenance in daily day to day job.
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT and Subversion (SVN) on Linux platforms and used GIT to keep track of all changes in source code.
- Extensive experience in UNIX performance tuning and Capacity Planning. Experience in writing YAML, BASH, Ruby, Perl, Python, PowerShell and JSON scripting .
- Experience working in installing, configuring and managing with Network monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk, iCinga and SolarWinds. Maintenance of Splunk Environment with multiple indexes and configuring the index settings.
- Efficient in installation, configuration and management of different databases like RDBMS and NoSQL tools such as SQL Server 2008/2012/2014, MySQL, DB2, PostgreSQL, MongoDB & Cassandra.
- Efficient in working closely with Development, QA, Product and Business owner teams to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds and releases across multiple platforms and environments.
DevOps Tools: Jenkins, anthill-pro, Udeploy, Maven, Ant, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, salt-stack
Platforms: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft azure, Google cloud, open-stack
Operating systems: RHEL/CentOS 5.x/6.x/7, Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora, Solaris 7/8/9/10, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
Virtualization/Containerization: VMware ESXi 6,5.x,4.x,3.x, vCenter, VI Client, citrix-xen, Docker, Kubernetes, pivotal cloud foundry, vagrant
Databases: MySQL, postgres, Cassandra, Mongo DB, CouchDB
Version Control tools: GIT, SVN, TFS (Team Foundation Server)
Monitoring Tools: Zabbix, Splunk, Nagios, Hp-site scope, iCinga, sumo logic, Service Now, Jira, confluence, hpsm
Web/Application Servers: Tomcat, IIS, HIS, JBoss, WebSphere application server
Database: Oracle, DB2, MySql, Cassandra, MongoDB, SQL Server 2008/2012/2014
Languages: XML, HTML, .Net, Java Script, python, bash, perl, ruby
Confidential - San Francisco, CA
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Created AWS Launch configurations based on customized AMI, used this launch configuration to configure auto scaling groups and Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, Route53, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Created Cloud watch & SNS notifications that provides full environment monitoring solutions, created IAM roles and policies to control AWS resources securely.
- Worked on Auth0. Created the applications using the dashboard, even created them using the API’s. Troubleshooted all the aspects of the applications in Auth0.
- Migrated current Linux environment to AWS /RHEL Linux environment and used auto scaling feature and Involved in Remediation and patching of Unix/Linux Servers. Built python automation scripts to apply OS patching for EC2 instances for security upgrades.
- Involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon AWS using EC2, S3, and EBS. Evaluate Ansible Playbooks and roles to automate the cloud deployment and operations.
- Configured Ansible to manage AWS environments and automate the build process for core AMIs using Playbooks, for all application deployments including Auto scaling, and Cloud formation scripts.
- Build and configure a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Responsible for delivering an end to end continuous integration - continuous delivery system for the products in an agile development approach using Ansible and Jenkins and Configuration deployment on cloud infrastructure using playbooks, roles and ad-hoc commands using Ansible .
- Developed several playbooks using Ansible and deployed the applications/services on the client hosts and worked on Ansible setup, managing hosts file, Using YAML linter, authoring various playbooks and custom modules with Ansible.
- Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers. All servers’ types were fully defined in Ansible, so that a newly built server could be up and ready for production within 20-30 minutes.
- Used Ansible Playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery Pipeline and deployed micro services, including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs. Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Installed Groovy plugin to Jenkins and worked on groovy scripts to add support for Groovy projects.
- Deployment of the business processes by creating JAR, WAR and EAR files to application servers like Apache Tomcat and Web Logic Servers. Used Shell/Python scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Experienced in Using Jenkins pipelines to drive all Micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Deployment and orchestration of Docker containers on a cloud platform and creating Docker images using Ansible. Write Docker files and built Docker images, creating private repository.
- Deployed applications using Docker containers in the cloud with PaaS for automated provisioning and deployment, integrated SVN, Jenkins and Chef.
- Created several scripts/apps to monitor and admin all Docker containers. Implemented several Tomcat, JBOSS Instances by using the Docker Engine for running several Containerized AppServers.
- Installed and deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple apps and configure Docker Swarm and Kubernetes.
- Experience in various source code management activities using GIT involving branching, merging strategy, daily merges and remote repository and r esponsible for design and maintenance of the Git Repository, views, and the access control strategies.
- Responsible of installing, updating, diagnosing and troubleshooting the issue tracking and project management application, learning agile methodology by JIRA and worked in setting up JIRA for defect tracking and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker. Used Confluence to manage the documentation of the projects.
- Installed, configured and maintained web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Webserver on Red Hat Linux and application servers such as Tomcat and WebSphere.
- Expertise in using Shell, Python & Perl scripting for automation.
- Expert in standardizing Splunk Forwarder deployment, configuration and maintenance across UNIX and windows platform. Installed and configured Nagios, SolarWinds for monitoring the network bandwidth and Server Performance.
- Provide the support of building the server, patching, user administration tasks, deployment, software installation, performance tuning and troubleshooting and KVM.
- Worked with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Provided 24/7 on call support on Linux Production Servers. Responsible for maintaining security on RedHat Linux.
Confidential - Dublin, CA
- Experience in Server infrastructure deployment on AWS Cloud, extensive usage of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, EC2, RDS, S3, Auto Scaling groups, Route53, SNS, EBS and Cloud Trail.
- Extensively focused on managing existing applications and increasing scalability with AWS Load Balancing (ELB). Launched load balancers in AWS to distribute the application traffic across different cloud instances.
- Experience in dealing with Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, and Auto-Scaling.
- Setting up Azure SQL as PaaS and provide service and performed required backup for production data and files with efficient procedures and setting up required encryption in server level to meet PCI compliance.
- Design, Implement, manage, backup, and monitor storage solutions in accordance with the HA and DR requirements of the enterprise Hosting environment, Create and manage Azure AD tenants, and configure application integration with Azure AD.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, or custom-built designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Experience in writing Ansible playbooks and Modules to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Test Chef Cookbook modifications on cloud instances in AWS and using Test Kitchen and Chef Spec and used Ohai to collect attributes on node. Worked Chefdk which takes of care creating cookbooks and recipes.
- Experience in implementing the Docker for wrapping up the final code and setting up development and testing environment using Docker Hub, and Docker Container Network.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been core to this experience, along with Mesos, Marathon and Kubernetes and integrating Docker with Openstack Nova. Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker and AWS. Evaluated Kubernetes for Docker container orchestration.
- Implemented Docker -maven-plugin in and maven pom to build Docker images for all micro services and later used Docker file to build the Docker images from the java jar files.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing Images and managing Docker volumes. Containerization of Web application using Docker and Kubernetes and Database maintenance.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and Azure. Experience in installing and administrating CI/CD tools like Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, SVN/GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Created the Maven scripts to deploy the applications to Apache Tomcat and Web Logic Servers. Implemented Maven builds to automate artifacts like jar, war and ear.
- Experienced in authoring Maven pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plug-in and Setup various Jenkins jobs for build and test automation.
- Worked on Installation, Configuration & Administration of VMware ESXi 5.1/5.5/6.0/6.5 and migrated existing servers into VMware Infrastructure.
- Installation & Configuration of Web servers like Apache 2.2 and Application servers like Tomcat7 on the existing Linux servers to fulfil the needs of Development teams.
- Used JIRA as a Change Management tool and SCRUM Agile Tool and Implemented new JIRA workflows for the QA teams and worked on Splitting JIRA servers’ configuration. Managed Jira users and created workflows, issues types, fields in production. Used JIRA tool to track all the defects and changes related to build and Release Team in an Agile environment.
- Installation, configuration and administration of various services like Apache web server, FTP (File Transfer Protocol, NTP (Network Time Protocol), NFS (Network File Sharing), Nginx. Installation, configuration of monitoring tools such as Nagios, Zabbix & Splunk.
- Expertise in scripting for automation, and monitoring using Shell, PowerShell, Python & Perl scripts.
- Work with development teams and business areas to plan future capacity requirements and hold regular meetings to review usage as well as create, revise, and report any new measurements required to manage mainframe or distributed environments.
Confidential - Kansas City, MO
Build & Release/DevOps Engineer
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge. Up gradation or Migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Integrating with Python to automate the deployment for java-based applications. Achieved the Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment process using GIT, Jenkins. Built applications through Jenkins by taking source code from Git, compile using maven package.
- Worked extensively on version control systems like SVN & GIT. Involved in conversion of the source code from the SVN to GIT. Worked closely with other CM teams, which was migrating from SVN to GIT. Helped them in the CM Planning and Build/Deploy processes. Git platform allows all team members to work together on the same file and helps to track the changes effectively.
- Used Jenkins/Hudson to automate builds and deployments. Documented release builds and source control processes and plans.
- Supporting Maven multi module builds and store artifacts in remote repository in artifacts. Worked on building and deploying Java code through Jenkins and Code coverage analysis using SonarQube. Run quality checks using SonarQube & upload it to Nexus repository.
- Extensive experience using Maven and Ant as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts (jar, war & ear) from source code. Automated Weekly releases with ANT/Maven scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Supporting configuration of Jenkins Build pipeline jobs, plug-ins installation with team for configuration of maven multi module jobs. Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Installation of VMware ESXi Software, vCenter. Design and Implement virtualization solutions based on VMware vSphere ESXi, ESX platform, and vCenter.
- Was involved in maintaining and managing servers on backup and restore systems. Creating the RedHat Linux server in VMware ESX client through vSphere Client. Migrated VMs across hosts within a HA cluster to perform maintenance tasks on ESXi hosts.
- Created clones from existing VMs (both live and powered-off). Deployed several VMs from Templates and customized their configurations as-needed.
- System Installation, configuration and upgrading, VMware ESXi, vCenter and vSphere Clients, Web-logic. Configured, managed ESX VM’s with virtual centre and VI client. Used VMware vMotion to eliminate application downtime from planned server maintenance by migrating running virtual machines between hosts. Applying visualization technology in managing multiple operating systems on VMware platforms as well as Windows Hyper -V Manager.
- Managing and Creating Run Environments on Linux or windows platform using Tomcat, Intel SOA express, ISS, glassfish, and other application servers.
- Automated Linux production server's setup using Puppet scripts. Used these scripts to replicate production build environments on a local dev boxes using Vagrant and Virtual Box.
- Experience in using monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk and Zabbix to improve application performance, helps to get the visibility & business context to meet business demands.
- Coordinated with Project Managers to develop the SCM Plans and Tool Usage Models.
- Provided 24/7 on call support on Linux Production Servers. Responsible for maintaining security on RedHat Linux.
- Installation of patches and packages using RPM and yum in Red hat Linux. Managed the installation software, security patches, system fixes, package updates and enhancements for Solaris, Red hat 5 and 6, Centos 6 and 7.
- Created and modified application related objects, created profiles, users, roles and maintained system.
- Established and maintained user accounts, assign file permissions and user passwords. Access and edit files securely using VI text editor.
- Created, managed user accounts on Unix/Linux servers, reset user passwords. Administered users account security through monitoring login logs for repeated failed authentication attempts.
- Responsible for setting up Cron jobs scripts on production servers. Used Cron jobs to manage systems performance, tuning upgrades & testing. Wrote shell scripts to monitor the processes in all the servers.
- Installation, configuration, upgrade of software patches and packages as needed. Troubleshooting connectivity issues to SSH, grub & network problems. Performed hardware and software upgrades as requested and approved.
- Installed new/rebuild existing servers and configured hardware, services, settings, directories etc., in accordance with baseline and operational requirements.
- Installed and configured Apache Webservers like Http and Nginx (proxy server) and troubleshoot problems arising from Apache functionality.
- Performed Disk management with the help of LVM (Logical Volume Manager). Managing (adding/removing) disks and partitions LVM and overall file systems.
- Created partition of disks using parted and fdisk and maintained file systems and performed RAID configuration on Unix/Linux.
- Troubleshooting issues in a Unix/Red Hat Linux Enterprise environment affecting customer's deadlines and productivity in a manner that minimizes intrusions in customers' ability to carry out critical business activities.
- Maintained existing programs/scripts and extended Linux system functionality as needed. Maintained proper documentation of all the activities carried out during the project.
- Perform daily system monitoring, daily reviewing of system and application logs while verifying successful completion of scheduled jobs.
- Coordinating with 24 x 7 on-call support personnel in debugging.