- Network Engineer with 8 years of diverse experience in implementing, optimizing, maintaining and troubleshooting Enterprise Network & Security infrastructures. Experience with multiple topologies and various clients.
- Extensive experience working with Firewalls, Switches, Routers, load balancers, VoIP and wireless technologies of different vendor hardware and software solutions.
- Strong hands - on experience on Cisco Catalyst (series 3850, 3560, 4500, 6500), Cisco Nexus (series 2K, 5K, 7K), Cisco Routers (series 7300, 4000, 3800, ASR 9000), ASA Firewall (5505/5550-X), Firepower (4100), Load Balancers (citrix NetScaler, Cisco ACE, F5 BIG-IP LTM/GTM ASM), IDS/IPS (HIDS, NIDS, NIPS, HIPS ), Fire eye, Splunk, Palo Alto Networks Firewalls (PA-820, series PA-3K, 5K), Checkpoint IP Appliances (NXG R60, R70, 3100, 5900)
- Extensive experience in implementing, managing and troubleshooting IP addressing and VLSM subnetting, NAT, Routing protocols (RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP,MPLS), First Hop redundancy protocols (HSRP, GLBP and VRRP) on Layer 3; VLANs, Standard and Extended ACLs, VTP, WLANs, EtherChannel, STP, RSTP, and MST on Layer 2 technologies
- Configured and maintained Quality of Service (QoS) protocols (SIP, SRTP, SDP, IAX) on VoIP along with PBX servers, VoIP Gateways and Cloud based PBX servers
- Expertise in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Juniper Switches (series EX3300, EX4200, EX4600), Juniper Routers (series J, M and T) and Juniper series SRX Firewalls
- In-Depth Knowledge and experience of various wireless 802.11 standards, controllers, Access Points, Wi-Fi analytics from various vendors ( Cisco Meraki, HPE /Aruba, Cisco and Netgear)
- Experience with WLAN Controllers in Cisco and Aruba. Cisco Prime and Aruba Airwave for Monitoring and Management.
- Experience of managing Tier II ISP Routing Policies, FT1/T1, FT3/T3, SONET, OCx / STMx IOAs, Metro Ethernet (MANs)
- Experience with Spine Leaf Architecture. Configuration of Overlay and Underlay Architectures, VXLAN, EVPN, MP-BGP, BGP, Cisco ACI. Migration from legacy Data Center Architecture to Spine Leaf.
- Knowledge of Cisco Meraki Cloud managed Switches (MS250, MS350, MS410) and SDWAN (MX 65, MX100, MX400)
- Virtualization Experience: VMware Workstation, vCenter server, VMotion, vSphere, ESXi hypervisor
- Experience in installing, configuring and managing AAA Authentication servers RADIUS & TACAS+, DNS and DHCP servers and management by means of Infoblox and Active Directory Database
- Working experience with off-shore teams, NOC and SOC to resolve elevated issues immediately
- Configured and implemented VDC, VPC, and OTV on Nexus 7K and 5K. Configuration of FEX mode in access layer using Nexus 5K and 2K.
- Experience with VOIP. Cisco and Avaya Call managers, CUCM, VOIP phone provisioning, H.323, SIP, QOS configuration for VoIP traffic.
- Deployment of Site to Site and Client to Site VPNs utilizing Checkpoint, Palo Alto and FortiGate Firewalls.
- Implemented and maintained Sourcefire intrusion detection/ prevention (IDS/IPS) system and hardened protection standards on firewall for enterprise network to protect sensitive corporate data and enabled IDS/IPS signatures on Firewall for Fine-tuning of TCP and UDP services
- Experience with Bluecoat and Zscaler Proxies. Whitelisting, Blacklisting Policies, PAC file Logic for Internet, Extranet traffic flows.
- Proficient in monitoring and managing networks using SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer, Network Performance Monitor (NPM), Network Configuration Manager (NCM); Cisco Prime, Security Device Manager (SDM), Cisco Works; Infoblox, HP OpenView and Wireshark
- Experience in troubleshooting, maintaining and integrating on F5 Big-IP LTM/GTM load balancing and Application Security Manager (ASM)
- Deployed, Managed, monitored and supported Bluecoat Proxy for content filtering, internet access between sites and VPN client users, forward proxy scenario and reverse proxy scenario for security and worked on adding URL’s in Bluecoat Proxy SG’s for URL filtering
- A motivated dynamic team player with excellent communication skills, resiliency and enthusiasm
Router and VoIP Platforms: Cisco Routers series 7300, 4000, 3800, 2000, 1900, ASR-9922,9912,9010,1006,1004,1002,902,920i and ; Juniper T4000, MX10, MX40, ACX2200, ACX5000; OnSIP, Avaya products, cisco IP phones
Routing Fundamentals and Protocols: Routed and Routing protocols RIP, EIGRP, IS-IS, OSPF, BGP, IPX; MPLS, IPv4 and IPv6 addressing, subnetting, VLSM, Static routing, ICMP, ARP, HSRP, VRRP, Route Filtering, Multicast, 802.11, Policy Based Routing, Redistribution, Port forwarding
Switch Platforms: Cisco Catalyst series 2960, series 3560, 3850, 4500, 6500, 7000; Nexus series 2K5K, 7K; Nortel/Avaya 5510, 5520; Juniper EX3300, EX4600, EX4300, EX3400
Switching Fundamentals and Protocols: Ethernet technologies, LAN networks, MAC, VLAN and VTP, STP, PVST+, MulticastRSTP, Multi-Layer Switching, 802.1Q, EtherChannel, PAgP, LACP, CDP, HDLC, RARP
Firewall Platforms: Juniper Netscreen 6500, 6000, 5400, Juniper SSG, SRX5600, SRX5800, CheckPoint (NGX R65, 3100, 5100, 5900), Cisco Firewalls (ASA 5505, 5506-X, 5585), Palo Alto Networks (PA series 2K, 3K and 5K), WAF
Security Protocols: Standard and Extended ACLs, IPsec, VPN, Port-security, SSH, SSL, IKE, AAA, Prefix-lists, Zone-Based Firewalls, NAT/PAT, HIPAA standards, Ingress & Egress Firewall Design, Content Filtering, Load Balancing, IDS/IPS, URL Filtering, L2F, IDS, TCP Intercept, Router Security, SNMP trap
Network Management and Monitoring: Wireshark, Infoblox, HP OpenView, Cisco Prime, Security Device Manager (SDM), CiscoWorks; TCP Dump and Sniffer; SolarWinds Netflow Traffic Analyzer, Network Performance Monitor (NPM), Network Configuration Manager (NCM) F5 (BIG-IP) LTM 2000, 3900, 6400, 6800, AV 510, citrix NetScaler
Frame: Relay, ISDN, ATM, MPLS, PPP, DS1, DS3, OC3, T1 /T3 lines, SONET
Kick: start config, network (nfs/ftp/http) install.
Servers: DNS, DHCP, Apache, NFS, SAMBA, FTP, SSH, SQUID, etc
Disk & file system Management: Partitioning tools (fdisk), File system management (ext3 & ext4), file system utilities (e2fsck, tune2fs), LVM-extending file system in LVM, mount & unmount of file systems.
Securing service using TCP: wrapper & Securing network using Net filter (IP-tables)
Cloud Computing and Automation: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Cisco Meraki, C#, Python scripting, Ansible, Cloud Migration
Other Networking Protocols and Fundamentals: DHCP and DNS server, Active Directory Management, NTP, NDP, TCP, UDP, FCP, Network Implementation, Troubleshooting techniques, NHRP, NetBIOS, NFS, FTP, TFTP, HTTP, PAP, PPTP, SIP Trunking, SNMP logging, BitTorrent, SMTP, RADIUS and TACAS+, PBX servers, SDN, SAN
Operating Systems: Windows 10/7/XP, MAC OS, Windows Server 2012R2/2008/2003, Linux, UNIX
Canopy Wireless Devices, DLink Point: to-point Wireless, D-Link APs, CISCO 1200 series APs, Aruba wireless and APs, Cisco Meraki, Linksys Wireless/Wi-Fi Routers
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Senior Network Engineer
- Played a principle role in configuring and implementing composite Network models consisting of Cisco 7300, 4000, 3800, ASR 9000 series routers and Cisco catalyst 3850, 3560, 4500, 6500 series switches
- Designed and Implemented plan for migration from existing Catalyst switches to Nexus and configured NX-OS Virtual Port Channels, Nexus port profiles, Nexus VPC peer links on Nexus 5k and 7k
- Worked on Cisco ACE to F5 migration in DMZ and Internal. Migrated over 500 applications externally and internally. Worked on LTM, GTM and APM on BIGIP and VIPRION Chassis.
- Implemented and upgraded Networks using OSPF and BGP based routing protocols and prepared flow charts and utilization monitoring reports
- Worked with Cisco ASA 5500-X with Firepower services, Firepower 4100 and Palo-alto Next-Gen PA-5000 Firewalls implementing and managing NAT, IPsec, site-to-site and remote VPNs, advanced inspection, anti-spoofing and AAA policies.
- Experience on Palo Alto 5000 series
- Participated in the installation, configuration, and post installation routine operational tasks and configuration of the Cisco Nexus Switches
- Designed integrated 10 gigabit networks using Cisco Nexus 7k series switches and Cisco 6500, 3800 series routers improving performance of existing network
- Monitored, Managed and hardened security policies and rules on checkpoint NGX firewalls
- Worked with JunOS maintaining Juniper EX4600, EX3400, EX4300 series switches and ACX1000 router to maintain some sites and stations
- Used Python scripting for network sniffing and managed parameters for pool of servers and updated, automated and migrated different services and software by means of Ansible
- Maintained and Supported Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) on WAN network
- DNS, DHCP & IPAM (DDI) protocols and security
- Worked with Host Master for shared web hosting and managed Web Application firewall (WAF), DNS and DHCP management using Infoblox and Analyzed networks using Wireshark
- Experience on monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools (i.e. SolarWinds, PRTG, etc.)
- Experience with a wide range of real-world networks. Ideally expert in specific internet infrastructure technologies including DNS, DHCP, IPAM (especially experience with DDI appliances) and web caching (ideally with Squid) - or other deep exposure to HTTP.
- Worked on F5 LTM and GTM modules. Installed F5 LTM and GTM from scratch in DMZ and Internal environments. Worked on Virtual servers, SNAT, Pools, Monitors, Persistence, iRules, self IP, Network configuration, SSL, Curl, tcpdump, WideIP’s, Delegations, Listener IP, Generic servers etc.
- Network Administrator with subject matter expertise to support implementation of Solarwinds, SCCM remote patching solution and MS Intune projects
- Intensive applications of Network automation tools and testing for network automation and configuration management using Ansible, Python scripting
- Provided assistance in redundancy mechanisms for multi homed Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) network by tuning AS-path for various network segments
- Improved Quality of Service (QoS) by defining LSPs on MPLS to meet specific service level agreements (SLAs) on traffic latency, jitter, packet loss and downtime
- Performed Load balancing using F5 BIG-IP LTM ADC 6400, Cisco ACE 4710 Load balancers
- Managed RTP, RTSP, FTP, DNS, HTTP, DHCP Application Level Gateways, services and servers whenever needed
- Implemented Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) by tuning priority levels, preemption parameters, Authentication and object tracking
- Configured policy-based routing for BGP for complex network systems and configured Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) VPN with OSPF implementation on the client end
- Experience in custom or structured IOT design, implementation and maintenance with Systems integration and design.
- Tuned BGP internal and external peers with manipulation of attributes such as metric, origin and local preferences
- Worked on FTP, HTTP, DNS, DHCP servers in windows server-client environment with resource allocation to desired Virtual LANs of network
- Provided full visibility and notification of authorized and unauthorized network access with integration of CISCO ASA and NAC solutions.
Environment: Cisco Routers series 7300, 4000, 3800, ASR 9000, Cisco catalyst series 3850, 3560, 4500, 6500 and Nexus 2k, 5k, 7K; Juniper switches EX4600, EX3400, EX4300 and ACX1000 router, Cisco ASA 5500-X, Firepower 4100, Palo-alto Next-Gen PA-5000, PAN-OS, Infoblox, Routing Protocols OSPF, BGP; VPNs, MPLS, VRRP, Big-IP F5 LTM/GTM & ASM, IDS/IPS, Ansible, Python scripting, Wireshark, PowerShell, Cisco Works, MS Visio
Confidential, Chattanooga, TN
Senior Network Engineer
- Worked, managed and maintained LAN networks, VLANs and database, Port Security on Nortel 5510, 5520; Cisco Catalyst 3850, 4500 and 6500 switches and implemented VDC, VPC, and OTV on Nexus 5k and 7k switches
- Responsible for deployment, Integration and Troubleshoot Cisco Core Routers (ASR-9922,9912,9010,1006,1004,1002,903, 920 i, 920 0 & 901) and Juniper MX series routers.
- Worked on Multi center environment with BGP and OSPF mesh, Extranet connectivity, IPsec Tunnels.
- Contributed in implementation and configuration of F5 BIG-IP LTM-6400 load balancers, redistribution into OSPF on the core ASA firewall
- Made security policies in F5 Application Security Manager (ASM) and made iRules in Local traffic manager
- Configured IP addressing scheme and coordinated with LAN/WAN engineers to develop and implement various security policies
- Worked with Juniper SRX550 and Palo-alto Next-Gen PA-5000 Firewalls implementing and managing NAT, IPsec, site-to-site and remote VPNs, advanced inspection, anti-spoofing and AAA policies
- Designed and implemented Aruba wireless infrastructure to ensure full connectivity and continuous service
- Played an important role in a team by implementing and documenting Switching Topologies, VLAN management, Port security, Trucking protocols, STP configuration, Inter-VLAN routing, 802.1x portbased authentication, LAN security and preparing Microsoft Visio reports and designs
- Monitored network and provided analysis, improvement scopes and support using various monitoring tools such as Wireshark, SolarWinds Performance Monitor and coordinated with off-shore support teams to ensure flawless operations
- Experience Domain Name System/Dynamic Host configuration Protocol/IP Access Management (DNS/DHCP/IPAM) appliances.
- SolarWinds monitoring & helpdesk platform
- Ensured availability and integrity of Network, System and Data through preventive maintenance and upgrade plans and implementations
- Supported OSPF and BGP powered network by resolving Tier 3 and Tier 4 tickets for internal teams & external clients of all locations
- Coordinated with a team to upgrade network by changing primary routing protocol to OSPF from EIGRP and Participated in the modification of BGP from multiple MPLS powered routers
- Installed, configured and managed DNS and DHCP server, and Active Directory database
- Provided Troubleshooting for IP conflict, DHCP, NAT, VPN and other security related tickets
- Defined and configured Group policies, Organizational Units, Security policies, NAT and anti-spoofing for internal, external networks and gateways and also configured VPN policies and connection for employees to access servers
- Implemented VoIP solutions using SIP & H.323 for Cisco routers 2851 and also practiced sound knowledge of Avaya VoIP products
- Configured and managed with Aruba/cisco wireless access points 205 series supporting 802.11 ac
- Set Aruba Access to link distribution switch system and then to WLAN controller
- Worked hand-in-hand with different vendors for company products, solutions and performance
- Configuring Virtual Device Context in Nexus 7010 and Worked on Network support, implementation related internal projects for establishing connectivity between the various field offices and data centers
- Took responsibility for Cisco ASA 5500 firewall monitoring, Rule Analysis and Modification
- Cisco ASA/Checkpoint Firewall troubleshooting and policy change requests for new IP segments that either come on line or that may have been altered during various planned network changes on the network.
- Configured and installed Voip CUCM and cisco unity system, prepared network assessment for testing utilization for Voip traffic and deployment and trained the user with more value-added services.
Environment: Nortel 5510, 5520; Cisco Catalyst series 3850, 4500, 6500; Nexus 2k, 5k, 7k; VMware vSphere 6, cisco routers 2900, 3800, 4000; Juniper SRX550, Palo-alto Next-Gen PA-5000; Zscaler Pzens, Routing Protocols EIGRP, OSPF, BGP; VPNs, MPLS, Avaya telephony, VoIP, Wireless APs, Big-IP F5 LTM 6400 Load Balancer & Application Security Manager, citrix NetScaler, Wireshark, SolarWinds, Infoblox, Splunk
Confidential, Overland Park, KS
Network Operations Engineer
- Played an important role in migration to F5 LTM load Balancer from Cisco ACE load balancer in data center environment and performed basic and advanced F5 load balancer configurations including migrating configurations from Cisco ACE to F5, and testing and general troubleshooting of the F5 load balancers
- Worked with Cisco Nexus 2148 Fabric Extenders and Nexus 7010, 5000 series switches to provide a Flexible Access Solution for datacenter access architecture
- Remediated IPSO Versions and Checkpoint SW to target version of IPSO 6.1 Build 38 from Checkpoint R65 Build 63 and implemented remediation in Running in Active/Active Cluster mode into VRRP High Availability environments
- Monitored and managed networks using CiscoWorks tools and Wireshark
- Configured Frame-Relay, ISDN, ATM, load balancing switches and also configured IPX/SPX, HDLC, PPP, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF and VRRP on various sites
- Extended support on access layer, distribution layer and core layer device of IBM as assigned
- Worked on moving strategies for data center between different locations, and from Cisco 6500 based data center to both Cisco 6500 & Nexus based data center
- Daily switching ticket resolving included VTP, ISL/ 802.1Q, IPSec and GRE Tunneling, VLANs, Ether Channel, Trunking, Port Security, STP and RSTP
- Managed network security by working on NAT/PAT, ACL, and ASA/PIX Firewalls and convert PIX rules over to the Cisco ASA solution
- Successfully installed Palo Alto PA-3060 firewalls to protects Data Center and provided L3 support for routers/switches/firewalls and Site-to-Site VPNs, 3DES, AES/AES-256 with PIX Firewalls
- Migration of existing IPSEC VPN tunnels from Pre-Shared key to Certificate Authority for purpose of scaling and also worked with MP-BGP and MPLS LDP protocols
- Health check and automated IOS and script updates applied via voyance application
- Configured, Deployed, and Troubleshot Greenville Health System's Wireless Network utilizing Cisco WCS, wireless and conducted health check for Network devices involving upgrading IOS on every quarter after checking the vulnerability of IOS and reviewing the configurations
- Worked on NNMI, Infoblox, e-health monitoring tools
- Successfully implemented EOL project alias 'End of life equipment' assigned as per IBM guidelines in live environment
Environment: Cisco ACE, cisco Nexus 2k/5k/7k, IPS/IDS, SolarWinds, CiscoWorks, Frame-Relay, cisco 6500/3700/7200 routers, PA- 3060 firewalls, VPN tunnels, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, MPLS, LDP, Cloud based Pbx servers, Infoblox, EOL, windows server 2012R2, Active Directory
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
Network Security Engineer
- Security infrastructure engineering and worked on various platforms such as Microsoft Windows, UNIX, Juniper firewalls, Palo Alto firewalls, Bluecoat Proxies, Juniper Intrusion Prevention devices, and wireless switch security management to maintain the network infrastructure
- Administered and evaluated firewall access control requests to ensure that requests are compliant with client's security standards and policies
- Successfully installed Palo Alto PA-3060 firewall and configured and provided troubleshooting using CLI and worked with Panorama management tool to manage all Palo Alto firewall and network from central location
- Implemented Zone-Based Firewalls and Security Rules on the Palo Alto Firewalls and administered the same allowing and denying specific traffic and to monitor user usage for malicious activity and future QoS standards
- Created and analyzed reports on firewall logs and made required changes
- Maintained Checkpoint security policies including NAT, VPN, and Secure Remote access, Configured IPSEC VPN (Site-Site to Remote Access) on SRX series firewalls
- Participated in Configuration of Palo Alto Next-Generation Firewall to create security profiles and VSYS based on client topologies and Palo Alto Networks 5050 application firewalls (NGFW)
- Consulted in Palo Alto design and installation for Application, URL filtering, Threat Prevention and Data Filtering
- Maintained and updated Active Directory database for authentication and deployment purposes
- Participated in deployment of data center LAN and worked Nexus 7k, 5k, 2k switches
- Involved in migration projects, which involved replacing legacy devices to new Nexus devices and introduced VPCs in the new architecture
- Worked on Nexus platform 7k series, 5K series (5548, 5020 and 5010), 2248 and successfully implemented VSS on the Cisco catalyst switches for a client
- Used FireEye to detect attacks through common attack vectors such as emails and webs
- Learned and developed skills in working and planning migration to Check Point and Palo Alto next-generation firewalls from existing legacy firewalls
- Managed successful delivery of massive security response portfolio including Splunk and Cisco ISE
- Worked primarily as a part of the security team and daily tasks included firewall rule analysis, rule modification, and administration
- Installation, configuration and Maintenance of Dedicate server’s (Web Server, Mail Server, Proxy Server) using Remote Administration, manage packages, apply security patches, analyze network traffic to identify performance and resource utilization problems, IP management, giving technical support by attending technical call directly as well as through e-mail, troubleshooting/installation procedures
- Configuring/Maintaining the NFS Server/Client, Mail Server, DNS, DHCP, FTP, Apache
- Supported proactive maintenance on systems by timely upgrading Patches to the systems and applications, Scheduling batch jobs and cron jobs
- Created and managed Logical Volumes and File Systems Redhat Linux
- Installed and configured NetBackup/Tivoli System Manager Tool on Linux/Unix servers to backup Filesystem on Operating System level
- Co-ordinated work with Network, Storage and Database teams on critical application failure issues.
- Perform live migration from one host to another host.
Environment: Netscreen, Juniper SRX5400, SRX5600, and SRX5800 and Palo Alto PA-3060 & 5050 Firewalls, Bluecoat Proxies, IDS/IPS, VoIP gateways, wireless Aps, Pbx servers, Fire eye, Juniper IPD, Juniper NSM, Panorama, Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K; Splunk, Cisco ISE, Websense, Solar Winds
- Provided support to Cisco network consisting of a high speed, high availability core over five campuses with more than 2000 cisco devices by performing onsite installations, technical administration, upgrades and troubleshooting
- Provided support for complex layer 2, layer 3 issues and other services (STP, VLAN, IPsec, VPN, NAT, MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF)
- Worked with US based support team to troubleshoot and maintain servers and network OPs
- Participated in L2/L3 Switching Technology Administration, creating and managing VLANs, Port security, Trunking, STP, Inter-Vlan routing, LAN security and server management
- Worked on RADIUS, TACACS+ authentication serves and DNS, DHCP servers
- Modified internal infrastructure by adding switches to support server farms and added servers to existing DMZ environments to support new and existing application platforms
- Monitored network for optimum traffic distribution and load balancing using Solar winds
- Completed service requests on IP readdressing, bandwidth upgrades, IOS/platform upgrades
- Worked on cisco routers series 7200, 6500, 4500, 1700, 2600 and 3500 series to perform bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet, NAT, and DHCP, customer LAN /WAN support
- Worked extensively on Cisco ASA 10/5540) Series
- Configuring static NAT, dynamic NAT, inside Global Address Overloading, TCP overload distribution, Overlapping Address Translation
- Experience working with Active Directory (as a centralized system) to automate network security management and user data
- Worked with Aruba Access point as a Public Wi-Fi and successfully implemented Wireless Access Point (WAP)
- Experienced in working with Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Trunking for voice over IP (VoIP) to facilitate the connection of a Private Branch Exchange (PBX) to the Internet
- Experience in Server building both physical & virtual, troubleshooting, capacity planning, application monitoring, patch management, password and security management.
- Experience and implementation of services like NFS, SSH, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, APACHE.
- Experience working with Apache & IIS web servers.
- Ability to provide 24x7 support, resolve complex issues and perform in a fast-paced environment
Environment: Cisco catalyst 2960/3750/4500/6500 switches, Linux, Cisco 2800/2900/3000 ISR routers, cisco VoIP, cisco 3640/9000/7200/3845/3600/2800 routers, SQL, Cisco ASA 5505, Juniper Ex switches, Active Directory, Juniper ACX series routers, Windows Server 2003/2008, ACLs, SIP, RIP, OSPF, MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, Wi-Fi, WLANs, Aps, MacAfee, WAN, WAP, IDS, IPS, Aruba WLAN, VPN