- 18+ years solid experience working with Automic (UC4) Software. One Automation - AWA versions 9, 10, and 12. Operations Manager versions 6 and 8, and Applications Manager (Appworx) version 8. I have extensive experience with UC4 administration, new system design, and development.
- Establish standards and best practices in processes across applications and platforms.
- Establish common conditional logic for mass use, consistent results, and ease of maintenance.
- Adherence to Audit and compliance with automated failure ticketing/notification/tracking/reporting.
- Automate smart email notifications with the prevention of excessive emails.
- Automate Service Now incident ticket creation preventing duplicate ticketing with repeating failures.
- Automate the efficient prevention of job processing prior to and during a planned system outage.
- Automate conditional restart(s) of select failed, skipped, or blocked jobs.
- Establish an automated environment with minimal manual intervention (operators) required.
- Create complex interactive and reciprocal processing for internal and external systems.
- Create complex secondary and supporting processes for efficient and time saving processing.
- Oracle EBS
- ETL (IBM Datastage
- IBM Mainframe
- Service Now and Web Services (SOAP).
Confidential, New Albany OH
- Established standards for various UC4 common processes, including error handling, email notifications, file archiving and archive retention maintenance for a new start-up system. These common processes utilize UC4 include objects and variable tables to centralize and reduce maintenance for common scripting, system information, email addresses, Established naming conventions for UC4 jobs/objects and variables.
- Work with others in defining processing requirements. Provide options and solutions for more effective/efficient processing.
- Create UC4 jobs and design end-to-end batch processes for an enterprise system utilizing Oracle E-Business Suite (RA OEBS), Windows, Linux, SQL, ETL (Datastage), NCR, and AS400. Establish automated Service Now incident ticketing and tracking in UC4 utilizing SOAP.
- Created complex, interactive and efficient order processing between restaurants and food service companies.
- Convert program and script processing located in various platform schedulers to UC4 jobs and processes. Migrate vendor file transfer processes running on various platforms to run under UC4 utilizing RA FTP jobs.
- Install and configure Automation Engine and agents in both non-prod and production environments. Perform all administration functions, including UC4 object migration, patching/upgrades and user setup/training for Enterprise Control Center (ECC user web access for manual or ad-hoc job execution).
- Participate in the various stages of project testing, assisting developers in testing and troubleshooting errors.
- Adherence to audit and compliance regulations with automated UC4 reporting, ticket and notification tracking.
- Installed upgrade version AWA-12 in non-production environment, Established and tested processes in the new environment.
Confidential, Florham Park NJ
- Start-up new UC4 Automation One (version 9) system. Create batch jobs, design batch processes, and organize scheduling for a client project on SAP, Windows, and Unix platforms. Work with others in defining UC4 requirements.
- Design and developed standards in UC4 abort handling and user notifications. Designed and developed standards in UC4 general notifications for file processing, file errors, jobs started, jobs completed, and long running jobs. All utilizing UC4 scripting, include and notification objects.
- Assist developers in testing and troubleshooting errors.
- Create cutover documentation and instructions for production support.
Confidential, Pittsburgh PA
- Analyze, recommend and facilitate improvements in efficiency and performance in Applications Manager version 8 processes on Unix/Linux platforms and Oracle database. Identify and organize efforts to remove obsolete objects. Established and distribute AM processing statistics and information.
- Recommended and provided assistance in the application of software service patches, and in the separation of environments to different servers.
- Provide production assistance to operations, research issues, and recommend resolutions. My analysis and solutions have virtually eliminated weekly AM system “crashes”.
- Established best practices and standards. Created training outlines and helpful user guides. Revitalizing an internal webpage for information and assistance with Applications Manager. Worked with management to establish adequate support and governance for Applications Manager production processing.
Confidential, Santa Ana CA
- Joined in progress a job scheduler conversion project from Multi-Batch to UC4 version 9 for jobs on a Tandem Non-Stop platform. Stepped up quickly and was instrumental in getting the project back on schedule and saw project to completion.
- Provided valuable direction and assistance in organizing and creating process flows. Provided options and solutions for processing requirements and issues.
- Conducted UC4 training in group sessions, and provided UC4 assistance on an individual level for developers, QA testers, and Production Control.
Confidential, San Diego CA
UC4 Programmer & Operations Analyst
- Sole developer for UC4 software OM v8 in an enterprise virtual server environment of Windows, SQL, Linux, SAP, Mainframe, and FOCUS applications. Extensive use of UC4 scripting and Windows commands utilized in a variety of functionality, including (but not limited to) conditional processing, report distribution, balancing, notifications, and FTP.
- Designed and developed UC4 batch processing and scheduling. Work with others in defining UC4 requirements. Revamped, streamlined, and organized existing UC4 job processes. Coordinated deployment of UC4 objects to production.
- Administrator of the UC4 development servers. Work directly with Systems in the installation/management of Agents and Hotfixes in other development servers. Install and manage User Interface/Dialog desktop client, security, and training with business analysts and developers.
- Manage day to day operations and staff on multiple platforms and VM environments, including VM, Windows 2003, IBM mainframe, Focus and SAP. Troubleshoot and resolve issues. Primary 24x7 on-call support. Operations interface for business and development staff. Coordinated the implementation of UC4 objects to production.
- Primary development and maintenance of batch job processing and scheduling utilizing UC4 software. Installation and management of Agents/Executors for Windows, SQL, SAP, and Unix. Installation and management of User Interface/Dialog desktop client, UC4 security, and training. Responsible for the coordination and migration of server scheduled or manually run processes to UC4. Participated in an upgrade of UC4 Operations Manager from version 6.00 to 8.00.
- Backup administrative and configuration support for Solimar Print Director Enterprise software.
Confidential, Tucson AZ
Sr. Programmer/Analyst II
- Responsible for the support, maintenance and enhancements of bill and customer letter printing and mailing on Unix Solaris. Applications written in MF COBOL, DOC1 document formatter, PCE scripting, Unix shell scripting, Oracle DB, Pitney Bowes CODE1 and Mailstream software, residing on Unix Solaris. Developed a new bill design utilizing DOC1. Developed and utilized address correction techniques to improve system address standards and postal savings.
- Support of payment and collections processing. Retrieval and posting of payments from vendors utilizing FTP, VB script on Windows 2003 Servers. Maintenance of collections web applications utilizing ASP and MS SQL DB.
- Backup support, maintenance, and development of batch job processing and scheduling utilizing UC4 OM v6 software on a Unix platform.
- Intermittent support and maintenance of various interface functionality from Oracle CC&B Customer Support System with other systems including GIS, Outage/Trouble and IVR.
- Coordinated an annual system password change for over 50 applications and servers.
- Participated in an upgrade of Oracle CC&B software to version 2.2.
Confidential, Anchorage AK
Systems Analyst II
- Responsible for the maintenance and enhancements of the E911 system. Coordinate the distribution of telephone service data to various emergency service agencies across Alaska. Ensure the accuracy of the E911 data for those emergency service agencies. Applications written in COBOL2, DB2, MS Access, and UNIX C Shell script, residing on AIX Unix.
- Responsible for the support, maintenance and enhancement of the company IVR system. IVR utilizes Edify call management/application software, MS-SQL database, MS Reporting Service and various web services residing on 7 Windows servers. Developed IVR applications and enhanced caller experience.
- Support various call center management systems, including call center performance and call monitoring applications residing on 3 Windows servers.
Confidential, Tempe AZ
- Participated in the design, development and implementation of an Confidential customer service system for the mainframe environment with a web front-end. Produced functional design documentation. Produced technical design documentation. Technical team lead responsibilities during development. Assisted in the design and development of HTML web pages. In subsequent project phases, performed troubleshooting, coding fixes and application enhancements. Participated in the implementation planning, rehearsals and actual implementation event.
- Provided post implementation support. Maintained and enhanced COBOL370, DB2, CICS and HTML applications in billing, credit, trouble call, various order functions and meter equipment related functions.
Confidential, Sacramento CA
- Designed, developed and implemented an online business tax application for the mainframe environment, based upon an existing GUI application. Completed ahead of schedule.
- Redesigned, developed and implemented an online business tax form and payment transfer application.
- Analyzed and resolved problems. Maintained and enhanced COBOL2, DB2, CICS applications utilizing Andersen Consulting DESIGN/1 and INSTALL/1.
Confidential, San Diego CA
- Maintained and enhanced COBOL, IDMS batch, Microfocus COBOL, CULPRIT, LRF, and ADS/O applications.
- Redesigned, modified and implemented changes to a shipping distribution system based upon requirements of new shipping carriers
Confidential, Anchorage AK
- Analyzed, redesigned, developed and implemented changes to a 7600+ byte CICS commarea for 120 online programs in a property appraisal/tax system.
- Responsible for year 2000 analysis and modification coordination for several systems. Also participated in the modification effort.
- Participated in a system/application upgrade of CICS (v2.1 to v4.1) and COBOL (68 to 370).
- Analyzed and resolved problems, maintained, enhanced and developed COBOL370 CICS online applications.
Confidential, San Diego CA
- Maintained, enhanced, analyzed and resolved problems for COBOL, IDMS batch and ADS/O online applications.
Confidential, San Diego CA
- Designed, developed and implemented an online and batch customer correspondence system to interface with the customer information system written using COBOL2, CICS, IDMS, Advanced Function Printing (AFP), utilizing scanners, OS/2 and Microsoft software.
- Participated in the analysis, redesign and development of a new customer Confidential bill using COBOL2 and Custom Statement Formatter (CSF) software.
- Installed, maintained, and upgraded Group1 Software: MAILSTREAM PLUS mail presort software, CODE-1 PLUS online and batch zip code correction/address standardization software. Integrated CODE-1 PLUS software into customer information system applications for quality address maintenance.
- Responsible for the print and presort preparation of customer Confidential bills to ensure optimal postage discounts and compliance with USPS mailing regulations. Analyzed and resolved problems, maintained, enhanced, and programmed both online and batch applications in the customer information system written in COBOL2, CICS, DB2, IDMS, and ADS/O.
Confidential, Chicago IL
- Managed a Distribution Center and Store receiving project. Coordinated testing, problem resolution, and user acceptance efforts after product delivery. This system was initially developed from requirements documentation, by an outside software company using COBOL, CICS, and IDMS. After implementation, coordinated and managed subsequent development, enhancements, and testing.
- Designed, managed, and implemented a Gift Registry Transaction Reporting system. This system consisted of COBOL and IDMS batch programs.
- Developed project plans for short/long term projects. Estimated project staffing requirements and assisted with personnel assignments to projects. Evaluated project personnel performance.
- Selected as part of a team to analyze, organize and complete a transition of the MIS department to Dayton Hudson Department Stores.
Confidential, Naperville IL
- Maintained and enhanced both online and batch applications written using IDMS, ADS/O, COBOL and Logical Record Facility. Maintained and enhanced IDMS database subschemas during project development and testing.
- Created JCL procs and job streams for production use. Developed procedures for scheduling, implementation, and restart/recovery.
- Enhanced batch applications written in COBOL.
Confidential, Elk Grove Village IL
- Managed, assisted in the development, and implemented a major enhancement to a Travel Agency Domestic Sales Incentive system. This system consisted of COBOL, IDMS, and ADS/O programs.
- Designed, managed, assisted in development, and implemented a Travel Agency Pacific Sales Incentive system, utilizing IDMS, COBOL, and ADS/O.
- Participated in the analysis, design and development of a Passenger Revenue Accounting system. This project was a joint effort with Arthur Andersen Consulting and consisted of approximately 1600 online and batch applications written using COBOL, IDMS, ADS/O, and CULPRIT.
- Maintained and developed both online and batch applications written using COBOL, IDMS, ADS/O, and ISPF Dialog Manager.
Confidential, Englewood CO
- Analyzed client systems for conversion or deconversion of Savings and Loan account data to or from the company system. Account data included savings, checking, certificates, mortgage and installment loans. These programs were written in COBOL.
- Extensive user contact was involved in the information gathering stages for Savings and Loan conversions. These users were both "true" end-users as well as MIS professionals from various Savings and Loan companies and service bureaus.
Confidential,, Englewood CO
- Designed, managed, assisted in development, and implemented an online and batch Credit Collections system written in COBOL and CICS.
- Maintained and developed both online and batch applications written using COBOL, CICS, IDMS, and ADS/O.