- 6+ years of professional experience in the Industry Implementing DevOps process, Build & Release engineering, Cloud Management, Software Configuration Management and System Administrator.
- Good knowledge of Amazon AWS Cloud Services like EC2, S3, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, IAM, VPC, Cloud Formation, Route53, Cloud Watch, Auto Scaling. Build and launching of Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/Ubuntu) and configuring the instances.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Hands on with AWS services creating EC2 instances, maintaining servers for continuous deployments. Extensively used AWS LAMDA to run servers without managing them and to trigger to run code by S3 and SNS .
- Experience on converting existing AWS infrastructure to Server Less architecture (AWS LAMDA, Kinesis), deployed via Terraform and AWS Cloud formation.
- Experience of Microsoft Azure which includes Creating PaaS builds, PaaS deployments, Storage - Accounts, Queues, CDN , ARM templates , Azure Service Bus.
- Experience in Azure Availability and Scalability - Configuring VMs availability sets using Azure portal to provide resiliency for IAAS based solution and scale sets using Azure Resource Manager to manage network traffic.
- Experience in Designing AZURE Resource Manager (ARM) templates and extensive experience in designing custom build steps using PowerShell .
- Unique experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry, OpenShift troubleshooting issues with platform components (PCF), developing global deployment models and patterns for large scale deployments on Cloud Foundry.
- Proficient experience in continuous delivery using Chef. Developed Cookbooks and operations for automating deployments and administering infrastructure of the nodes.
- Experience with Chef Data bags, Ohai plugin, chef super market, provisioning concepts and all various cookbook components and cookbook authoring workflows like attributes, definitions, files, libraries, recipes, resources and templates.
- Good hands on experience in installing and configuration of Ansible. Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible modules, implemented CD automation using Ansible, managing existing servers and automation of build/configuration of new servers.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation. Experience in writing puppet manifests for deploying, configuring, and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Experience with container based Virtualized deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker hub and Docker registries. Integrated Docker container-based test infrastructure to Jenkins CI test flow and set up build environment integrating with Git and Jira to trigger builds using Webhooks and Slave Machines.
- Created, managed and performed container-based deployments using Docker images containing Middleware and Applications together and Evaluated Kubernetes for Docker container orchestration
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Apache Maven to schedule the builds. Experience maintaining Jenkins Master, Jenkins Slaves, configuring, securing and plugin management areas in Jenkins.
- Worked on different plugins in Jenkins like Build Pipeline plugin, Delivery pipeline plugin, Parameterized trigger plugin, Amazon EC2 plugin, Copy Artifact, Role Strategy and S3 plugins to achieve Continuous Delivery (CD) in an Organization.
- Experience in branching strategies, merging and tagging to facilitate defect or change management in conjunction within projects across the organization using GIT and Subversion (SVN).
- Maintained repositories in the Bitbucket for the services developed and set up automated testing and deployments using Jenkins.
- Hands on developing and executing PowerShell Scripts, Python and Shell Scripts to automate the deployments. Extensively used Ruby scripting on Chef Automation for creating cookbooks comprising all resources Data bags, templates, attributes.
- Setup monitoring tools like Nagios and Amazon Cloud Watch to monitor major metrics like Network packets, CPU utilization, Load Balancer.
- Maintained Splunk dashboards and associated charts, graphs, and drilldowns to enable managers, administrators, users and analysts to maximize the utility of the Splunk platform and applications.
- Managed all the bugs and changes using tracking tools like ServiceNow and JIRA .
- Strong skills in SQL troubleshooting and configuration utilizing SQL Management Studio (transact SQL queries, activity monitor, logs, security, memory, backups, MDOP, etc.), SQL Profiler to trace console stored queries.
- Developed a backup and recovery strategy for Oracle databases on AWS, configured and created scripts to backup database to Amazon S3. Configured Performance Tuning using MySQL DB queries Read and Write processes for fast I/O operations and low latency time.
- Worked Extensively on Installation and configuration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu and Centos. Good knowledge on using networking protocols like HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, SSL, SFTP, FTPS, AS2 .
Cloud Technologies: Azure, Amazon Web Services, Openstack, PCF
Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN
Continuous Deployment: Artifactory, Nexus
Version Control Tools: GIT, GITHUB, SVN, Bitbucket
Monitoring Tools: ELK, Nagios, Splunk and cloud watch
Virtualization: VirtualBox, VMWare
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes
Operating Systems: Cent OS, Ubuntu, RHEL and Windows
Application/Web Servers: Web logic, Web sphere, Apache Tomcat, Oracle application server
Databases: My SQL, Oracle, Cassandra, Mongo DB 7 SQL Server
Ticketing Tool: ServiceNow, Remedy, JIRA
Programming Languages: Shell Scripting, RUBY, C, C++, XML, PL/SQL, Java/J2EE, HTML, PERL, POWERSHELL, Python
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
Sr DevOps/Cloud Engineer
- Designed and build of a complex hybrid environment using AWS services EC2, RDS, Route53, S3, EFS, Elastic cache, CloudFormation and VPC. Worked on AWS cloud watch for monitoring the application infrastructure and used AWS SNS for notifying.
- Helped in building servers using AWS, launching EC2 , auto-scaling, load balancing for specific virtual private connection. Worked on major applications migration from internal datacenter to AWS. Successfully migrated complex applications with no major issues or customer impact.
- Consolidated AWS EC2 instances in VPC and installed applications. Creating user groups using IAM and assigning individual policies to each group. Implementing specific IAM profiles per group utilizing newly released APIs for controlling resource within AWS based on user or group.
- Designed and implemented automated provisioning of full stack application services (VPC, Security Groups, Instances, ELB) in AWS using Terraform.
- Created and maintained multiple Cookbooks and Recipes in Chef to enhance automation of various applications, configuration and deployment of software components
- Written Several Chef cookbooks from scratch consisting of recipes that can Provision several pre-prod environments consisting of WebLogic domain creation, Deployment automation, instance mirroring, and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Developed chef cookbooks, recipes to perform middleware binary Installation and Configuration tasks involving JDK, Tomcat, WebLogic binaries installation.
- Created various roles & environments, written custom resources and used chef handlers for various auto kick-off requirement jobs.
- Created watcher to keep watch on Service Registry and create Kubernetes services for corresponding Database Services. Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Handled different Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker-Hub, Docker Compose, Docker Registry, Docker Swarm and Orchestration tools such as AWS Elastic Kubernetes service. Responsible for container creation and management for different applications on Docker engine through writing and editing Docker files.
- Involved in migrating the application from Ant to Maven by analyzing the dependencies and creating the POMs to implement the build process using Maven.
- Created Jenkins pipelines involving several Downstream/Upstream job configurations based on dependencies from other applications & based on Release methodologies. Version control system and project management on Git and JIRA.
- Designed and Implemented Jenkins (master/slave architecture) on AWS cloud. migrated existing pipelines from on prem to AWS and created new CI/CD pipelines.
- Updated build pipelines to store artifacts on S3 bucket as back up. Automated release versioning tagging on Jenkins. Facilitated on writing build definitions in Jenkins to Perform builds and deployed builds for various Environments like QA, Integration, UAT and Production environments.
- Establishing and applying appropriate branching, naming conventions using Bitbucket source control.
- Developed tools using Python, Shell scripting, XML to automate some of the manual tasks. Interfacing with supervisors, systems administrators to ensure production deadlines are met.
- Provided PowerShell Scripts for Database Projects to Deploy DB and populate Test data in DB for various environments.
- Scripting infrastructure and (Linux) machine provisioning from scratch using tools such as Chef and Ruby. Experience in writing shell and PowerShell scripts to automate manual tasks in Linux and windows environment.
- Monitored system performance using Nagios, maintained Nagios servers and added new services & servers. Worked with Nagios for Windows AD, LDAP and Data consolidation for LDAP users.
- Maintained Splunk dashboards and associated charts, graphs, and drilldowns to enable managers, administrators, users and analysts to maximize the utility of the Splunk platform and applications.
- Configured Newrelic on the EC2 instances to get server infra metrics such as Newrelic APM and Infra agent.
- Created Work flows, permission Schema, Screens and Custom Field Schemes for multiple projects and ticketing projects using ServiceNow.
- Configured Performance Tuning using MySQL DB queries Read and Write processes for fast I/O operations and low latency time.
- Involved in building and configuring Linux Servers using Kickstart as required for the project. Maintained maximum uptime and maximum performance capacity for Enterprise Production, QA, UAT.
- Tested connectivity between server infrastructures using Linux networking operation such as telnet, nslookup, netstat, DIG.
Environment: AWS, Kubernetes, Chef, Docker, Jenkins, GIT, Bitbucket, ANT, Maven, Power Shell Scripts, Python, Linux, Windows, Oracle, MySQL, JIRA, Nagios, Splunk, ServiceNow
Confidential, San Ramon, CA
- Mapped workloads to the capabilities of Azure for public, private and hybrid clouds and implemented high availability with Azure Classic and Azure Resource Manager deployment models.
- Building and installing servers through Azure Resource Manager. Migrating an On-premises virtual machine to Azure Resource Manager Subscription with Azure Site Recovery.
- Provisioned Azure data lake store and azure data lake analytics, and leverage U-SQL to write federated queries across data stored in multiple azure services.
- Deployed Change Management requests and hotfixes for Microsoft Azure cloud services in all regions across the world using PowerShell scripts.
- Implemented various resources in Azure using Azure Portal, PowerShell on Azure Resource Manager deployment models. Experience deploying Infrastructure as Code (IoC) applications using ARM Templates (JSON).
- Implemented Terraform Templates automating Azure IAAS vm’s using terraform modules and deployed virtual machine scale sets in production environment.
- Implemented microservices model for the applications leveraging PaaS product Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF). Trained offshore teams on PCF administration, deployment, logging and monitoring.
- Used CF push in Cloud Foundry Command Line Interface (CFCLI) for deploying the applications in PCF. Fine tune and scale the applications in PCF. Used BOSH CLI for troubleshooting PCF.
- Responsible for development and version control of Chef Cookbooks, testing of Cookbooks using Test Kitchen and running recipes on nodes managed by on premise Chef Server. Implemented Chef Cookbooks for OS component configuration to keep server's template minimal.
- Managed Chef Server in pushing the Infrastructure changes to client nodes, monitoring the logs and security.
- Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible modules, implemented CD automation using Ansible, managing existing servers and automation of build/configuration of new servers.
- Worked with Ansible to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages. Ansible to assist in building automation policies.
- Worked on Docker-Hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Optimized with development and support teams to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of build platform tool Docker and virtualize the servers using Docker
- Worked on creating Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle, Extreme Programming practices.
- Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config Maps, selector, Services & deployed application containers as Pods.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm, Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and Managed releases of Helm packages.
- Configured Jenkins jobs to Implement Nightly builds on daily basis and generate change log that includes changes happened from last 24 hours.
- Wrote ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process. Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects and environments.
- Connected continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and Continually build as the check-in’s come from the developer.
- To perform a delta sync between the on-premise AD server and Office cloud instance implemented Python Scripts, so account changes could be applied immediately if needed.
- Involved in migration project from the old server to new Jira database (Matching Fields) with Python scripts for transferring and verifying the information.
- Managing and monitoring the server and network infrastructure using Nagios. Worked on User administration setup, maintaining account, Monitor system performance using Nagios.
- Used Elasticsearch (ELK stack) for centralized logging and analytics in the continuous delivery pipeline to store logs and metrics into Azure storage using storage function.
- Involved in Creating and managing index, create user, role, Permissions to knowledge objects, also providing user and role access permissions to the other teams. Involved internal users of Splunk in designing and maintaining production-quality dashboard.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker
- Install and configure SQL Server database, and design and implement database and procedures for capturing build and test metrics.
- Used MongoDB to create modem applications never before possible at a fraction of the cost of legacy databases.
- Performed numerous server migrations on both Linux/Unix and Windows servers. Migrations include moving all clients and their data, configuration settings, testing and verifying everything is correct with zero downtime.
Confidential, St Louis, MO
- Plan, deploy, monitor, and maintain Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes and VMware VM's as required in the environment.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Amazon Glacier. Configured Inbound/Outbound in AWS Security groups according to the requirements.
- Written wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the chef client on them in a Chef-Solo environment.
- Managed configuration of Web App and Deploy to AWS cloud server through Chef .
- Worked on scheduling the Chef Nodes convergence using Linux Cron jobs. Bootstrapping instances using Chef and integrating with auto scaling
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & rar from source code.
- Integrated Maven with Jenkins for the builds as the Continuous Integration process. Installed, Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration
- Automating the test cases to run on scheduled basis by integrating the job on Jenkins pipeline.
- Implemented machine learning schemes using Python libraries. Designed the front end of the application using Python Scripting. Implemented Python scripts for pushing data from Mongo DB to MySQL Database.
- Created post commit and pre-push hooks using Python in SVN and GIT repos. Setting up the SVN and GIT repos for Jenkins build jobs.
- Implemented a Git mirror for SVN repository, which enables users to use both SVN and Git.
- Experience in using Splunk for log analyzing and improving the performance of servers.
- Managed and monitored the servers and network infrastructure using Nagios thoroughly.
- Worked on implement major changes in development processes and procedures, customizing ServiceNow to take the forefront of the new systems.
- Involved in upgrading Mongo DB systems with creating shards, replica sets, monitoring, and projections for Mongo Systems
- Designed and implemented an automated Linux (Centos, Amazon) infrastructure using AWS and move existing applications. Perform the Linux Kernel and operating system upgrades on the server.
Environment: AWS, Chef, Ansible, Maven, ANT, Jenkins, Python, GIT, Nagois, ServiceNow, Mongo DB, Linux
Confidential, Emeryville, CA.
Build and Release Engineer
- Executed Continuous Integration technologies like Bamboo. Resolved update password authentication issues in Bamboo and JIRA.
- Extensively worked on Bamboo to configuring and maintaining for continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments. Designed and created various deployment strategies using CI/CD pipelines.
- Implemented installer scripts using Ant and Python for various products to be hosted on App Servers.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Puppet in Linux environment. Developed puppet manifests for deploying, configuring, install shield and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Developed Puppet modules to automate deployment, configuration, and lifecycle management of key clusters
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure. Developed recipes and Ruby scripts to customize the Puppet as per our environment.
- Managed central repositories and implemented Atlassian Stash along with Bit Bucket to host GIT central repositories for source code across products, facilitate code reviews and login audits for Security Compliance
- Managed highly available monitoring infrastructure to monitor different application servers and its components using Nagios.
- Created JIRA Workflows for multiple projects according to business needs and Created projects while keeping up existing projects/agile boards.
- Created and managed User accounts, groups, disk spaces in Linux environment.
- Provided Linux training and consulting to other teams to ensure that new solutions are built to be scalable, supportable, and affordable. Provide mentoring for other technical staff.
Environment: Jenkins, Bamboo, ANT, Bitbucket, Puppet, Nagios, JIRA, Python, Ruby, Linux.
Confidential, Buena Park, CA.
- Built Red Hat Network Satellite Server for automated installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux boxes and creating image of Red Hat Enterprise Linux system with System Imager that automates Linux installs.
- Scheduled and administered server backups, setup and administration of network and mail server accounts.
- Performed software installation, upgrades/patches/packages, troubleshooting, and maintenance on UNIX & Red Hat Enterprise Linux Servers.
- Developed automated processes that run daily to check disk usage and perform clean-up of file systems on UNIX environments using CRON.
- Verified systems for PCI Compliance as well as SOX and HIPAA. Implement new security standards. Implemented LDAP/Win bind on Linux and UNIX servers to map ID and wrote Deployment scripts.
- Involved in design, configuration, installation, implementation, management, maintain and support for the Corporate Linux servers RHEL 4x, 5.x, CENTOS 5.x.
- Stored setups, RAID, Logical Volume Manager, system backup design and disaster recovery Systems performance monitoring.
- Supported all aspects of Linux System Administration and support for all pSeries servers such as: OS installation and upgrade, OS problem resolution, application of OS fixes, installation of application software
- Systematized the installation and configuration of the monitoring tool Nagios. Created Monitor dash boards in New Nagios.
Environment: Linux, Nagios, Splunk, Remedy