- Experience with installation, configuration, and troubleshooting Microsoft Operating Systems, including DOS, 98, 2000, and XP.
- Knowledge of Windows NT, Windows 2003 Server, Linux including workstation configuration and network connectivity.
- Hardware Knowledge: Installed, serviced, and configured system boards, processors, memory chips, power supplies, video and sound cards, hard drives, floppy drives, CD - ROM, CD-RW, DVD drives, scanners, modems, and a variety of printers.
- Built, maintained, and repaired computer systems to improve speed, reliability, and efficiency of operation.
- Experienced with Networking Technologies and LAN installation, configuration, and troubleshooting servers, network firewalls, new end user accounts/rights/access to data.
- Monitored available disk space to ensure sufficient space for regular operations.
- Performed impromptu security checks of servers and networks to verify adequate virus protection and compliance with all network procedures.
- Knowledge of various LAN technologies including Ethernet, Token Ring, and Wireless.
- Knowledge of common network servers, firewalls, and user administration.
- Experience with basic network security implementation and awareness, including spyware, anti-virus, and system restore software tools.
- Experience with installation and configuration of an 802.11b/g wireless LANS.
- Experience with partitioning hard drives and configuring multi-boot systems.
- Experience with Category 5E network cable fabrication and wiring.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2003 and various other software packages.
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Install and maintain Micros POS equipment.
- Repair Micros POS workstations and printers.
- Perform break fixes.
- Perform site survey.
- Perform monthly preventive maintenance to servers and computers.
- Provide remote login sessions for clients to resolve issues.
- Perform onsite repairs of pc’s, including ghosting and reconfiguring.
- Install and setup pc’s for clients and home base clients.
ON call HP Deployment Specialist
- Setup and install HP Photo Centers in Walmart stores.
- Route and network cabling.
- Verify machines are working properly.
- Teach store employees how to use new equipment.
- POS experience.