- Highly motivated DevOps engineer with overall 9 years of extensive experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Configuration Management (SCM), Change Management (CM), Build automation and Release Management (RM).
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI’s.
- Worked on installation of Docker using Docker toolbox. Worked on creation of custom container images, tagging and pushing the images and write Docker files to manage images.
- Used Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers .
- Created & Managed Docker files for creating necessary base images used in automation of build & deployment environments.
- Extensively worked configuring Amazon EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, ELB, EBS, SNS, Route53, Glacier, and different administrations in the AWS family.
- Created Cloud Formation templates for automation process on EC2 instances in AWS cloud service.
- Managed multiple AWS accounts with multiple VPC's for both production and non - prod where primary objectives included automation, build out, integration and cost control.
- Used AWS CloudWatch to monitor resources such as EC2, RDS, Dynamo DB tables and to set alarms for notifications and to monitor logs of the operation of the system.
- Experience in integrating cloud services in to DevOps framework (GitHub, Jenkins, Ansible, Splunk) which enables API request to provision and configure infrastructure through infrastructure as code.
- Used Jenkins as a full cycle continuous delivery tool involving package creation, distribution and deployment onto tomcat application servers via shell scripts embedded into Jenkins jobs.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins by installing, configuring and maintaining for continuous integration
- (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Experience with automation configuration management tools like Chef &Ansible.
- Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation and extensively used Auto scaling launch configuration templates for launching amazon EC2 instances while deploying Microservices.
- Worked on Terraform for automating VPCs, ELBs, security groups, SQS queues, S3 buckets, and continuing to replace the rest of our infrastructure. Using Terraform as a tool, Managed different infrastructure resources Cloud, VMware, Bare Metal Servers and Docker containers.
- Hands on experience on Terraform open source tool used for building, changing and versioning Infrastructure. Handled multiple providers with terraform simultaneously.
- Experience in Ansible automation including writing playbooks, customized modules for test driven developments Implemented and designed AWS virtual servers by Ansible roles to ensure deployment of web applications.
- Supported and worked for the Docker team to install Apache Kafka cluster in multimode and enabled security in the DEV environment.
- Written Ansible YAML scripts that can store the credentials for various sandboxes and secured them on the remote servers.
- Data analysis and reporting by building SQL queries and reports, to analyze issues and increase system accuracy by collecting data from meters, to reduce airway traffic, utilizing; SQL, PostgreSQL; Aqua.
- Installed Kafka manager for consumer lags and for monitoring Kafka metrics also this has been used for adding topics, Partitions etc.
- Automate using scripting languages such as PowerShell, Bash, Python or similar.
- Automation process with popular scripting languages, integrating with third party API’s. (python, PowerShell, bash)
- Created branches and maintained different versions of chef Recipes in distributed Version Control tool like Git.
- Expertise in using build tools like Maven and Ant for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code. Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef, Ansible.
- Automate Deployment using Ansible to provision amazon AWS Instances to enable continuous deployments
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Used Terraform for server provisioning.
- Implemented Build per Branch as part of CI process in Jenkins to run Sonar Qube code coverage and run unit and integration tests to improve the pipeline efficiency.
- Automated Weekly releases with Maven scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Created Log collection in ELKB (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Filebeat) installed Filebeat on all nodes in cluster to send log data to Logstash. Applied filters on log data before sending to Elasticsearch.
- Deployed and configured GIT repositories with branching, forks, tagging, merge requests, and notifications.
- Build and release software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation in Subversion/GIT and interfaced between development and infrastructure.
- Developed GIT hooks on local repository, code commit, remote repository, code push functionality, on GIT Hub.
- Experience in using Tomcat, JBOSS, Web logic and WebSphere application servers for deployment.
- Extensively worked with the Programming languages like YAML, Shell Scripting and Python.
- Deployed the (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) stack using ansible.
- DevOps role converting existing AWS infrastructure to Server-less architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis)deployed via terraform.
- Good Experience in installation, Configuration, Trouble-Shooting and maintenance of Splunk.
- Knowledge of Splunk use cases, knowledge objects etc.
Languages: Shell Scripting, Python, YAML, Java/J2EE
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Azure
Build Tools: Maven, Ant, Gradle
Version Control: GIT, SVN, Bitbucket, SCM
Configuration Integration: Hudson/Jenkins
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Ansible, Puppet
Virtualization: Docker, Kubernetes
Package Management: Artifactory, Nexus, JFrog
Issue Tracking: JIRA, SonarQube
Web/Application Servers: Web Logic, Web Sphere, Tomcat, Ngnix, and Apache
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk and Cloud Watch
Confidential, Union, NJ
Sr. DevOps Cloud Engineer
- Migrated VMware Virtual Machines to AWS and managed Services like EC2, S3, Cloud Formation, Route53, ELB, Kinesis, RDS, and VPC etc. with Chef Cookbooks/Recipes.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to deploy Web applications & database templates. Designed roles and groups for users & resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM).
- Using Chef deployed and configured Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with CloudWatch.
- Design and document CI/CD tools configuration management with setting up Chef Infra, bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading Chef Recipes, Chef Node convergence in ChefSCM.
- Created a Continuous Delivery pipeline to bundle Chef Cookbooks and Cloud formation templates and push them to S3 buckets using Jenkins, Git.
- Utilize Active Directory and Okta ID Management system to manage resource and cloud access.
- Installed Chef Server Enterprise on premise/workstation/bootstrapped the nodes using knife and automated by testing Chef recipes/cookbooks with test-kitchen/Chef spec also, used Chef for provisioning the infrastructure and wrote Chef cookbooks and recipes to provision several pre-production environments.
- Implemented domain name service (DNS) through Infoblox to have highly available and scalable applications.
- Worked on setting up the projects in GIT created POM.xml file and integrating with Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Install/configure/maintain the Suse Linux /Solaris servers, NIS, DNS, NFS, Mailing List, Send mail, apache, FTP, SSHD.
- Experienced in Provisioning of IAAS&PAAS Virtual Machines and Web\Worker roles on Microsoft AZURE Classic and AZURE Resource Manager.
- Strong experience on DevOps essential tools like VSTS, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Ant, Maven and migrated VMWAREVMs to AZURE and Managed Services like VM, VPN, VNet, UDR, NSG.
- Automating, Configuring and deploying instances on AWS, Azure, PCF, cloud environments and Data centers.
- Configured SAML authentication to login to our AWS accounts using single sign on and deployed cross account roles using AWS CloudFormation stack sets across different accounts from admin account.
- Developed and designed continuous integration pipeline and integrated using bitbucket, Jenkins, SonarQube.
- Scheduled, deployed and managed container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes.
- Enabled Continuous Delivery through Deployment into several environments of Development, Test and Production using Maven and SonarQube.
- Experience in full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) that includes Analyzing, Designing, Coding, Testing, implementation & Production Support as per quality standards using methodologies.
- Use shell scripts to automate functions inside of IBMUrbanCode (UCD).
- Responsible for designing and implementing enterprise-wide layered cloud image management and deployment optimization system with support for public/private software repositories.
- Improved and managed Maven plugin (Maven-config filter-plugin) for managing configuration through the modules.
- Used various services of AWS for this infrastructure. I used EC2 as virtual servers to host GIT, Jenkins and configuration management tool like Chef. Converted slow and manual procedures to dynamic API generated procedures.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy and manage containers (pods) on AWS.
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports development, test and production environments.
- Created best practices Build environment using Jenkins, Packer, immutable instances and AWS.
- Strong proficiency in supporting Production Cloud environments (AWS, Azure, VMWare) as well as traditional managed hosted environments.
- Building and Installing servers through Azure Resource Manager Templates or Azure Portal.
- Managing Amazon instances by taking AMIs and performing administration and monitoring of Amazon instances likeEC2 using Amazon Cloud Watch, Transfer data from Datacenters to cloud using AWS Import/Export Snowball service.
- Experience in Python general scripting, Hands on Experience in secure coding.
- Performed tasks on Load balancers like ordering new certs, installing and renewing SSL s, bouncing servers with performance issues after taking them out of the server pools, ID maintenance, User, Group management for all the UNIX servers.
- Installed, configured and supported Apache and Jboss. Configuration of virtual hosts, plugins and SSL s on web servers and domains and deployments on application servers.
- Involved in building own PaaS with Docker deployed various applications through Dockers containers.
- Coordinated with team leads to determine needs and how best to implement JIRA within department.
- Dockerized applications by creating Docker images from Docker file.
- Used Ansible Control server to deploy plays and playbooks to the machines and systems in the inventory with Chef.
- Experience in installing and configuringAEMCQ5, used it to structure log file and machine data.
- Worked on deployment automation of all the Microservices to pull image from the private docker registry and deploy to docker swarm cluster using Chef.
- Implemented continuous integration using Jenkins and configured various plugins GIT, Maven, SonarQube, and Nexus.
- Worked on Docker compose to schedule multiple containers and written compose.yml files to configure and scale multiple application services.
- Worked to setup Jenkins as a service inside the Docker swarm cluster to reduce the failover downtime to minutes and to automate the Docker containers deployment without using configuration management tool.
- Researched and implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins with MAVEN/Jenkins.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Created a Perl script to generate tar files for the change-set related to a JIRA ticket, which was then uploaded automatically to the FTP server.
- Hands on experience in installing and administrating CI tools like Jenkins, GIT, Perforce and Artifactory.
- Significantly decreased possibility of human mistakes and robust of installers by converting legacy Win Batch software installation scripts to PowerShell.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Git.
- Implemented devops pipeline using various tools like Jenkins, GIT, SonarQube and Sonatype Nexus.
Environment: Azure, AWS, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Python, Java, Shell scripting, JIRA, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Apache Tomcat. SonarQube.
Confidential, Centennial, CO
DevOps Cloud Engineer
- Performed AWS Cloud deployments for web applications running on AWS Elastic Beanstalk with monitoring using CloudWatch and VPC to manage network configurations.
- Experience as Cloud AWS DevOps Engineer project teams that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Build and release software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation in Subversion/GIT and interfaced between development and infrastructure.
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to CHEF for Cloud Automation.
- Administration of RHEL 5, 6, 7 which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting on both Pseries and VMWare virtualization systems.
- Developed scripts using PERL, BASH and BATCH files for Automation of Activities and builds.
- Deployed application using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) CLI.
- Wrote Python routines to log into the websites and fetch data for selected options.
- Developed Python/Django application for Google Analytics aggregation and reporting.
- Build and use CloudFormation\ Terraform templates to design and launch applications.
- Implemented monitoring solutions with Elasticsearch and Logstash.
- Use of Docker to manage micro services for development and testing.
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured Kubernetes.
- Release Management and Build Automation with VSTS Developed automation scripts using PowerShell, supporting multiple hosts and VMs for AZURE cloud deployments.
- Implementing and managing continuous delivery systems and methodologies using VSTS and Jenkins.
- Design, development, and support of automation modules using Puppet Enterprise integrated with enterprise metadata Adhere to the process and security standards when building application infrastructure in AWS Serve as enforcer for DevOps practices to prevent "technical drift".
- Malware hunting through Kibana and Gray log.
- Created ELK Dashboards and Searches and Parsing logs in Gray log.
- Experience in supporting data analysis projects using EMR on the AWS Services AWS Cloud and exporting and importing data into S3.
- Strong Networking fundamentals on DNS, Routing, Subnets, VLAN's and WAN.
- Environment: Windows 2008 R2/2012 R2, 2016 servers, Microsoft AZURE /Cloud environment (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), VSTS, PowerShell, ARM Templates, Service Fabric, Application Gateway, Load Balancer, Key vault, Client SSL s, Artifacts, CI/CD Pipelines.
- Generated Python Django forms to record data of online users and used PyTest for writing test cases.
- Utilized standard Python modules such as CSV and pickle for development.
- Developed Wrapper in Python for instantiating multi-threaded application.
- Maintain key service level agreements on boarding of new applications into standardized release pipeline Work closely and collaborate with technical peers, business operations and enterprise testing teams.
- Written and developed CHEF Cookbooks from scratch for custom installation of application.
- Used CHEF for Continuous Delivery. Managed CI and CD process and delivered all application in rpms.
- Writing chef recipes for various applications and deploying them in AWS using Terraform.
- Responsible for CI and CD using JENKINS, Maven and CHEF.
- AWS EC2/VPC/S3/SQS/SNS based infrastructure automation through Ansible, Python and Bash Scripts.
- Actively involved in architecture of DevOps platform and cloud solutions.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed CHEF Server and clients to pick up the Build from JENKINS repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production)
- Configuring of Redshift cluster for report query.
- Created proper documentation for new server setups and existing servers.
- Developed installer scripts using Maven, PYTHON for various products to be hosted on Application Servers
- Worked on installation of Docker using Docker toolbox.
- Worked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images.
- Expert working knowledge of Chef, Terraform, CloudFormation.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Developed Pom.xml files for Maven build scripts.
- Experience in administering and maintaining Atlassian products like JIRA, bamboo, Confluence.
- Maintaining a farm of EC2 instances, ELB's and RDS.
- Worked on Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Configure, monitor and automate Amazon Web Services as well as involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon Web Services using EC2, S3 and EBS.
- Implemented CHEF Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same CHEF Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Evaluating testing of CHEF Recipes - Concept of Test-Driven Development for Infrastructure as a Code.
- Automate Continuous Build and Deploy Scripts for JENKINS Continuous Integration tool.
- Automated the cloud deployments using CHEF, PYTHON (boto & fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, CHEF, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
- Implemented CHEFCookbooks for OS component configuration to keep AWS server's template minimal.
- Written CHEF Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration.
- Maintenance of source code in GIT. Branching, Creating LABELS, merging of codes on GIT for QA testing and release.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues in JIRA and Confluence as users.
- Provided documentation of customer JIRA terms, standard practices, and implementation and weekly status reports.
- Managed central repositories: Implemented Atlassian Stash along with GIT to host GIT central repositories for source code across products, facilitate code reviews and login audits for Security Compliance.
- Experience using AWS -Cloud Watch and created alerts for instance.
Environment: Maven, Jenkins, JFrog, Bash, GIT, JIRA, SonarQube, Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, PowerShell.
Confidential, Oklahoma City, OK
- Worked on Managing the Private Cloud Environment using Chef.
- Managed and optimize the Continuous Delivery tools like Jenkins.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Maven as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on SCM Tool GIT.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into WebSphere Application Server.
- Used Maven as build tool on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Developed build and deployment processes for Pre-production environments.
- Used Subversion as source code repositories.
- Managed SVN repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Continuous Delivery setups with Puppet by creating manifest and maintain templates for different environments. Migration of shell scripts into Puppet Manifests. in writing parent POM files to establish the code quality tools integration.
- Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
- Used Jira as ticket tracking and work flow tool.
Environment: Shell Script, Git, Jenkins, Puppet, Artifactory, LINUX, Maven, Web sphere, JIIRA
Confidential, Portland, OR
Build & Release Engineer
- Involved in defining, documenting, negotiating and maintaining Product/Application Release Roadmap.
- Creation of Application Release Plan (Release Scope Planning & defining Milestones)
- Creating & conducting walkthroughs of 'Deployment Plans' for complex large-scale Releases including Mock Deployments in Pre-Prod environments & Production Installations.
- Responsible for all aspects of regular (planned) and emergency patch releases in windows and Linux across all the environments.
- Involved in various Web Application Servers (WAS) administration and troubleshooting.
- Working with an agile development team to deliver an end-to-end continuous integration/ delivery product using Run deck integrated with JENKINS to get the job done.
- Designed and implemented GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing GIT.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day GIT support for different projects.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, and the access control strategies.
- Experienced with CI tools (JENKINS, Hudson) and Version Control Tools or Source Code tools.
- Responsible for writing Manifests to configure nodes.
- Experienced in build automation using JENKINS, Maven, ANT.
- Experienced in deploying Java projects using Maven/ANT and JENKINS.
- Good understanding of building the Android Applications using the Maven and JENKINS.
- Building post install scripts using Shell scripting in Linux servers.
- Understanding of developing and testing enterprise products, with current focus on cloud-based application and giving solution to challenges imposed by multi data center deployed SaaS products and their needs for DevOps tools and automation.
Environment: Tomcat Apache Application Server, Linux, GIT, Chef, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, VMware
Confidential, Buffalo Grove, IL
Linux Administrator/ Build Engineer
- Primary duties include Build and Deployment of the java applications onto different environments Dev, QA and UAT.
- Established the change control in response to approved issues and maintained the revision management, base lining.
- Auditing the Source, maintained the Tags, Branching and merging the code in the parallel development of two phases and applied the vendor patches to the Trunk and All branches in Subversion Repository.
- Documenting the process of code promotion, defect tracking and user guide for Subversion. Maintained users’ security on SVN.
- Administering the UNIX, SVN Repository. Migrated the code from other Version Control to Subversion.
- Replicated the Subversion Repositories on to multiple Servers. Created the scripts to automate continuous integration of build to compile the Oracle Forms, Reports and Database Objects.
- Installed, Configured the Cruise Control to completely automate build and deployment of the web services applications on to Web Logic.
- Created BASH shell scripts to automate cron jobs and system maintenance, scheduled cron jobs for job automation.
- Worked on the Java-based applications and supported JVM’s and worked on issues related to Java and patching regularly with WebLogic and JBoss applications.
- Performed configuration and troubleshooting of services like NFS, NIS, DHCP, FTP, LDAP, Web servers (Apache), Samba servers.
- Created JIRA support requests project for daily support tickets from user across different teams in the organization.
- Provided support to customers via ticketing and/or phone for Linux servers, completed all project requirements as requested in a timely manner.
- Installed and configured LAMP servers (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) and supported them on Linux production servers.
- Integrated and implemented server solutions and server components such as proxy servers, Application servers, database servers, directory servers, core infrastructure services (Proxy, DNS, SSH, SMTP, etc.)
- Created the process documents and Train the team members. Provided Code Branching strategies for the releases in SCM tool Subversion.
- Worked on Java/J2EE Coding for Portal Applications and Tomcat Web server for hosting web apps. Used SVN version control system to manage different builds for the system.
- Developed automated scripts in shell to ensure daily batch completion and Post batch activities, before releasing the report to the clients.
- Remote system administration using tools SSH, Telnet, and Rlogin.