- Years of varied experience in the Information Technology arena focused on Systems/Network Administration, DevOps, Cloud Computing, Virtualization and Storage technologies.
- Experienced in installing, upgrading and maintaining Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Sun Solaris, Ubuntu, HP - UX and Windows based environments.
- Worked in infrastructure team on installation, configuration and administration of AIX 5.2/5.3, Red Hat Linux 5/6, RHEL 3.x/4.x/5.x and SUSE Linux 10.x/11, Windows server 2008/2012.
- Experienced in implementation of automated installations with Open source tools with a focus on Cloud operations.
- Experience in maintaining, deploying and integration on virtual data centers.
- Worked on Open Source products like MySQL, Apache HTTP, Apache Tomcat, HAProxy, OpenLDAP, Nagios, Graylog2 and Logstash.
- Experienced in automation using Python, Ruby and UNIX Shell scripting.
- Experienced in monitoring health checks using AWS Route 53.
- Experienced in using automation tools like Puppet and Chef.
- Experienced in creating and updating Puppet modules and pushing them to puppet agents.
- Experienced in AWS services such as EC2, ELB, Auto-Scaling, S3, IAM, VPC, RDS, DynamoDB, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Lambda, ElasticCache, Glacier, SNS, SQS, CloudFormation, CloudFront, Beanstalk, EMR, AWS Workspaces.
- Experienced in designing and deploying Security functionalities to integrate Corporate Datacenter with Amazon Cloud Services.
- Strong experience in implementing governed Data lake solutions on AWS involving native s3, Glue, Redshift, RDS etc.
- Experienced in maintaining and analyzing log files using CloudWatch, Graylog2 and Logstash.
- Expertise in preparation of build scripts, build specs & applying label for the software builds.
- Proficient working on Windows 2003/2008/2012, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP.
- Experienced in file systems like NTFS, FAT, NFS, and CIFS.
- Hands on experience in upgrading servers using RPM, Apt-get and Yum package installer.
- Maintained Performance tuning of VMware servers and management of server resources between Virtual Machines.
- Experienced installing and configuring Cisco UCS, Dell PowerEdge and HP blade servers.
- Experienced in configuring HBA’s like Emulex & QLogic on servers.
- Involved in RPM administration for installing, querying and upgrading software on Linux servers.
- Experienced working on Routers and Switches for creating Subnet, VLAN, VPN, Firewall and VOIP.
- Managed Virtualization Environment using VMware ESX, VMware vSphere.
- Experienced in migrating Physical servers to Virtual server using VMware converter. Knowledge in creation of Virtual Switches, Ports and Port groups and configuring Layer 2 Security Policies for Virtual Networks.
Amazon Web Services: EC2, S3, RDS, IAM, Storage Gateway, Glacier, CloudFront, OpsWorks, CloudFormation, SNS, VPC, DirectConnect, Route53, Elastic Load Balancing, CloudWatch
CM/Provisioning Tools: Puppet, Chef, Nginx, Jenkins
Programming languages: C, UNIX Shell, HTML, PHP, Python, Ruby
Operating Systems: Red Hat Enterprise Linux4/5/6, Sun Solaris8/9/10/11, Ubuntu8/10/12, CentOS, Windows 2003/2008/2012, VMware ESXi
Database: Oracle, MySQL, IBM DB2
Application Tools: Apache Web Server, Tomcat Server, OpenLDAP, Git, SVN, Graylog2, Logstash, JBOSS
Networking Protocols: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, Cisco Routers/Switches, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP
Cloud services: AWS (EC2/SQS/SNS/S3/IAM/ELB)
Hardware: HP ProLiant Servers DL 380/385/580/585, HP c6000/c7000, DELL PowerEdge Servers 2850/2950/6950, QLogic, Emulex, McData, Brocade, Cisco UCS,EMCDMX, VNX, CLARiiON, Celerra
- Built a new CI pipeline.
- Expertise in Chef for configuration management and infrastructure automation.
- We are responsible for deploying, monitoring, and maintaining the workflow using Jenkins, GIT and Chef.
- Used Jenkins to automate most of the build related tasks.
- Developed custom scripts using Python which act as backend for the Ansible scripts.
- Creating S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket for securing the code.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for Continuous Integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation
- Built AWS infrastructure using various resources like VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, ECS, EBS, Security Groups, Auto Scaling.
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups and policies.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Implemented a CI/CD pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub by virtualizing the servers using Docker for the Dev and Test environments by achieving needs through configuring automation using Containerization.
- Proficient with container systems like Docker and container orchestration like EC2 Container Service, Kubernetes, worked with Terraform.
- Managed Docker orchestration and Docker containerization using Kubernetes.
- Used Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers.
- Managed the Version Control System GIT to record the various code changes like branching, merging, staging, cherry picking etc.
- Demonstrated on Ansible along with Ansible Tower can be used to automate different software development processes all over the team organization.
- Integrated GIT into Continuous Integration Environment using Jenkins/Hudson.
- Used Maven as Build Tool for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, NodeJS, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Worked on infrastructure with Docker containerization.
- Created Cron Jobs and scheduled jobs based on the user's requirements.
- Used Shell scripting to automate the build and deployment process.
- Installed Workstation, wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef Server.
- Bootstrapped various nodes and the Chef server.
- Environment: AWS - EC2, ECS, VPC, Git, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, AWS, shell script, Bash, Dockers, selenium, Terraform, Kubernetes.
Confidential, Plano TX
Linux /AWS Cloud Engineer
- Built and configured virtual data center on Amazon Web Services cloud-computing platform.
- Hosted Enterprise Web Applications using AWS.
- Installed and configured virtual servers like Red Hat Enterprise Linux using AWS EC2 instances.
- Configured secure access using IAM Role.
- Built Database servers like MySQL, using RDS DB Instances.
- Deployed Apache Web Server on EC2 instance.
- Configured Auto Scaling and Elastic Load Balancing on created EC2 instances.
- Installed and configured DNS with lookup zones using Route 53.
- Rebuilt existing servers and configured services, settings, directories, storage in accordance with standards and project requirements.
- Captured and analyzed log information using Graylog2 and Logstash.
- Configured alarms over SNS to monitor the performance using CloudWatch.
- Created, modified and deleted user accounts as per request.
- Experienced with installing and configuring application servers like Apache Tomcat and JBoss.
- Registered multiple domains using Route 53.
- Configured mail server using Sendmail 8.10.x, 9.x.
- Integrated on-premises IT environment and AWS’s storage infrastructure using AWS Storage Gateway.
- Configured S3 Buckets for data backups and Glacier Vaults for data archiving.
- Performed regular health checks using Route 53 and integrated it with CloudWatch.
- Configured Cisco UCS blades and converged infrastructure in VCE environment.
- Performed onsite backups using Veritas NetBackup to back up the private cloud environment.
- Secured and isolated network access on the cloud using Amazon VPC.
- Created VPN connection between corporate datacenter and VPC to leverage AWS cloud as an extension of corporate datacenter.
- Implemented HA using Red Hat Cluster and Veritas Cluster Server.
- Performed load balancing of TCP/HTTP traffic using HAProxy.
- Installed AWS Direct Connect to establish a dedicated network from premises to AWS.
- Configured content delivery web service using Amazon CloudFront.
- Migrated on-premises database to AWS Cloud using AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, SNS, and IAM), by focusing on fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Configure EC2 Instances, VPC, Route 53, ELB, Subnets, etc.
- Created templates to define configurations of AWS resources using AWS CloudFormation.
- Automated site configurations using Puppet.
- Deployed Puppet to automate provisioning and managing Amazon EC2, VPC, Elastic Load Balancing, Auto Scaling, Security Groups and Route53 DNS.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX and Windows - Bash, Shell script etc.
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with quality assurance and engineering teams.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5, EC2, S3, RDS, IAM, Apache Web Server 2.4, MySQL 5.5, Storage Gateway, Glacier, CloudFront, OpsWorks, CloudFormation, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, SNS, CloudWatch, Apache, JBoss, Graylog2, Logstash, Puppet, Veritas NetBackup.
- Installed and configured Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5/6, Ubuntu 8/10, HP-UX
- Administered DNS, DHCP, LDAP, NIS, NFS.
- Installed and configured Apache Web Server.
- Troubleshoot issues with storage allocated to the Linux and windows machines.
- Installed and configure OpenLDAP on Red Hat Linux server.
- Performed System Analysis, log files review, code bugs tracking and resolved issues related to servers and networking connectivity.
- Created scripts to monitor performance and deploy applications.
- Installed and configured Apache Tomcat Application server.
- Automated installation processes using UNIX Shell Scripts.
- Installed software packages on servers using tools like yum, apt-get and rpm.
- Configured HAProxy to perform load balancing.
- Ensured continuous uptime by diagnosing and isolating common issues with servers.
- Documented the troubleshooting techniques used to resolve issues.
- Experience in deploying Java/J2EE applications using Apache Tomcat server.
- Created logical volumes for various applications.
- Installed and configured DNS server on Red Hat Linux using BIND software.
- Monitored network traffic using TCPDUMP and Nagios.
- Developed SCM plans, Release Packaging Plans for consistent software installations.
- Troubleshoot application performance issues, network issues and recovered systems from crashes.
- Migrated Oracle RAC servers using system EMC open migrator and effectively worked with database team.
- Maintained user/group accounts, passwords, profiles, home directories, quota, permissions and customizing shell environments.
Environment: vSphere 4.0 and 5.0, ESXI 5.0, Windows 2008/2003 Server, Red Hat Linux 6.0, Cisco UCS 5108, VCE V block, UCS Manager, EMC Unisphere, VNX 5700, VMAX, VMFS, Apache Tomcat 7.0, HP Blade C7000 and C3000, HAProxy 1.5, OpenLDAP 2.4, PuTTY, Nagios 3.4.3, TCPDUMP and PowerShell
- Involved in installing and configuring Operating Systems like HP-UX, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5/6, Sun Solaris 9/10, Windows 2003/2008
- Installed and configured confidential RHEL 5 to perform image installations through network.
- Worked on Red Hat Linux tools like RPM to install packages and patches.
- Experienced in deploying packages, installing script files and creating logical volumes.
- Worked with Red Hat Package Manager (RPM) and YUM.
- Pushed RPMs across the Linux platform using BigFix to rebuild corrupted RPM and LDAP database.
- Managed user accounts, group policies and directory permissions.
- Installed and managed DNS, DHCP, NTP, NFS, LDAP, Sendmail server, Apache Tomcat server and Oracle Database.
- Extensively worked with the LAN/WAN, firewalls and routing for Internet and Intranet connectivity.
- Allocated storage from VMAX and VNX arrays to different OS platforms.
- Configured NFS and CIFS replication with VNX unified Boxes using Celerra replicator.
- Installed HBAs and configured driver, firmware on Windows and UNIX based servers.
- Allocated storage to VMware environments.
- Created UNIX Shell scripts to automate data backup and monitor storage.
- Migrate VM’s from one LUN to another LUN using Storage vMotion.
- Created Data Stores and virtual machines in the vSphere environment.
- Troubleshot storage access and multipath issues on Solaris and HP hosts from EMC VMAX.
- Performed backups and restores using EMC Networker.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 5/6, Solaris 9/10, HP-UX, Windows 2003/2008,Oracle 10g/11g, IBM DB2, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NFS, SMTP, Apache Tomcat, VMware, EMC VMAX,VNX5700/7500, Networker, vSphere, vMotion
- Administered, maintained Red Hat 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0 AS, ES, Troubleshooting Hardware, Operating System Application & Network problems and performance issues; Deployed latest patches for, Linux and Application servers, Performed Red Hat Linux Kernel Tuning.
- Experience in implementing and configuring network services such as HTTP, DHCP, and TFTP.
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and file servers on Linux servers.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Experienced working with Preload Assist and PICS projects.
- Bash shell-scripts to automate routine activities.
- Migrated database applications from Windows 2000 Server to Linux server.
- Installing and setting up Oracle9i on Linux for the development team.
- Linux kernel, memory upgrades and swaps area. Red hat Linux Kickstart Installation.
- Created users, manage user permissions, maintain User & File System quota on Redhat Linux.
- Diagnosed hardware and software problems and provided solution to them.
- Monitored trouble ticket queue to attend user and system calls.
- Attended team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress, and for upcoming changes in environment.
- Updated data in inventory management package for Software and Hardware products.
- Capacity Planning, Infrastructure design and ordering systems.
- Worked with DBAs on installation of RDBMS database, restoration and log generation.
Environment: Solaris 8/9, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4/5, Windows 2003, Exchange Server 2003, Veritas Volume Manager 3.5, Oracle 8i, SSHGate, Cisco router, Brocade switches, DHCP, DNS, NFS, Emulex, Sun E4500, E3500, E220