- Highly results - driven, detail-oriented, technical professional with over 15 years of strong working knowledge and experience in software development, requirements definition, planning, design, project scheduling, testing, systems integration, and support of information systems throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Expertise in release management on Unix\Linux, Windows and SAAS Deployments
- Built and configured a variety of Cloud, virtual and physical servers
- Proven ability to work with project teams and ensure successful and timely results.
- Excellent diagnostic skills to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve build issues.
SOFTWARE / DESKTOP SKILLS:
AWS,Azure,Jenkins,Teamcity,Octopus,Gradle,Gulp\Grunt,Bower,Chocolately,NPM,Chef, Terraform,VMWare,KSH,BASH,SH,C#,C/C++,VB,Java,TFS2015,VS2017,.Net,MSBuild,MSDeploy,InstallShield,NuGet,Nant,NDoc,NUnit,FXCop,CruiseControl,XML,XAML,WebFarmFramework,Powershell,PHP,Perl,CGI,Makefiles,GNU-Make, SQL2107,Jira,PowerBuilder,PowerGen,IIS,WIX,GIT,CVS,PVCS,SourceSafe, Perforce,Vault
Confidential, McLean, VA
Sr. Devops Consultant
- Provided the architectural expertise and technical leadership to develop a fully automated Cloud based Continuous Integration and Delivery Process including the orchestration and deployment infrastructure
- Create and deploy all required AWS resources utilizing various AWS services, including VPC, EC2, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, CloudFormation, IAM to support a CI\CD Lifecycle
- Establish processes and guidelines for the repeatable deployment of system components to be utilized throughout the organization
- Collaborate with engineering teams to create consistent and repeatable code and server deployments and establish best practices
- Implement automated testing efforts for test and integration environments on SAAS applications and services as part of deployment process.
- Develop automation and scripting solutions for various applications and environments
- Maintain and configure engineering tools like Github,Jenkins,Teamcity
Confidential, Denver, CO
Sr. Devops Consultant
- Design, develop, highly available, robust, resilient, supportable solutions to ensure a streamlined Continuous Deployment Model for high availability websites
- Maintain and enhance the Continuous Integration environment on a real - time basis, monitor builds, maintain configuration, and develop automation to support cloud deployments for Client Operations
- Integrate Jenkins as a central CI Server to manage all the builds, testing and automated deployments
- Handle and scale deployments for a high availability, high performance portals to connect millions of users
- Ensure the repeatability and reliability of builds and automated deployments using a well-defined process
- Collaborate with Architects, Systems and Network Engineers, Software and QA Engineers, and to continuously improve the efficiency and reliability of build and deployment processes to support all phases of development including production releases.
- Develop and maintain configuration management system with AWS Cloud Formation Templates,Puppet\Chef, and manage branches within the SCM system
Confidential, Needham, MA
- Assess and make technical recommendations on creating a fully automated Continuous Integration\ Continuous Deployment build, package, test and deployment systems
- Architected a new build system utilizing Jenkins server with integration to CVS\GIT Repos, MSBuild to migrate a .NET Project off of CTO s local environment into fully automated build and packaging system
- Converted Legacy Java Linux Shell Script build system to a fully integrated Continuous Build\Deploy\Test System with Jenkins, Gradle, GIT, Jira and Selenium.
- Converted existing CVS repo to GIT, re - architected the entire source control branching paradigm to allow for multiple releases and products lines with single points of Release
- Refactor s on project files to allow for consistency, portability and simplification of development\build environments
- Assist in defining best practice release and deployment process and maintenance activities
- Define, develop, implement, document and evolve continuous integration tooling and standards
Confidential, Westboro, MA
Sr. Release Engineer
- Provided Design, Architectural and Technical leadership for builds, source control, packaging and installers.
- Replaced exiting home - grown DOS based build system with fully automated Continuous Integration build, package, deploy and test system
- Integrate automated test, quality metrics and deployment in the software build process utilizing Jenkins Services
- Re-architected the entire source control branching scheme to allow for multiple release and products lines with single points of Release as well as consolidating Projects
- Work with product architects to devise, define and guide strategy for all the Installshield Product Installers
- Updated 300 C++ projects to allow for compatibility w\MSBuild while upgrading build servers from
- Introduced Nuget Packaging and separate Library branches for multiple product lines for ThirdParty and Legacy C++ code
- Provided requirements gathering and analysis for design and architectural recommendations relating to Packaging Software and design distribution methods
- Collaborate with Development, QA and other teams to ensure a smooth transition of deliverables through proper release channels
Confidential, Waltham, MA
Sr. Release Engineer
- Setup automated Cloud deployments for over 25 installable SAAS components extending MSDeploy for use in Web Apps, Windows Services and WebSites utilizing microservice design and deployment
- Collaborate with Developers, QA and Management to institute nightly continuous integration build, deploy and test system to the Cloud
- Partner with development teams to ensure standardization and proper environment configurations using Puppet
- Created web transforms for all deployable SAAS components to 20+ environments
- Communicated with Development, QA and other teams to ensure a smooth transition of deliverables through proper release channels
- Restructured entire Branching setup in TFS2010 to allow single point of Releases along with refactoring of s for consistency in over 70 projects
- Re - architected TFS infrastructure to a fully integrated multi-tier setup
- Instituted versioning of assemblies with matching tfs labeling and build naming to allow full traceability back to source code
- Automated SQL Deployments thru MSDeploy SQL Provider
- Re-engineered thirdparty s with Nuget packaging and setup our own Nuget Server
Confidential, Andover, MA
Sr. Release Engineer
- Provide technical expertise and knowledge on Windows and Linux to advance the build, deployment and test systems
- Define, develop, implement, document and evolve continuous integration tooling and standards to the Release Process
- Architect the infrastructure for a Build - Deploy-Test Workflow system with TFS2010, this included installing and configuring TFS2010 to integrate the use of Lab Mgr. and Test Mgr. including setting up SCVMM and Hyper-V Host
- Setup and installed Test Controllers and Build Controllers as well as Build, Lab and Test Agents along with scripting the deployment in PowerShell.
- Integrate automated test, quality metrics and deployment in the software build process
- Manage existing tools and systems while transitioning to improved processes and methods
- Created a Build-Deploy and Test Workflow Build Definitions using Customized Lab Template XAML Files. Which can take the output of the Perforce Legacy CC-Net Build MSI s, reset a Hyper-V Windows 7 Client and silently install the MSI s to this virtual system, take another snaphot of the system and run automated BVT(Build Verification Tests) and report back thru TFS the results. This gives management an impression of how stable the product is by looking at the trend of number of failures.
Confidential, Wakefield, MA
Sr. Release Engineer
- Worked closely with the developers, QA engineers, and IT Mgmt. to deliver reliable and repeatable automated builds and releases with Team Foundation
- Re - architected the existing Single Tier TFS Installation to a Multi-Tier fully distributed system utilizing separate and redundant Application and Data Tiers on a Clustered SQL SAN, TFSBuild Server and TFS Proxy Server
- Lead the conversion of VSS Teams and Projects into TFS Source Control and Scrum Project Methodology including documentation and for new users
- Re-engineered legacy Powerbuilder processes into reliable single point TFSBuilds
- Responsible for the design and creation of installers for new products and also the support and maintenance of existing installers using Installshield
- Setup new TFSBuild Projects with custom MSBuild tasks for Versioning, NUnit, SandCastle, building and deployment of Installshield Projects.
- Ensured that all required changes are made to Dev, QA and Staging environments including smoketesting applications
- Trained all users on Team Foundation Server
Confidential, Westboro, MA
- Managed, Maintained and Automated all aspects of the build process.
- Developed and built a Continuous Integration .Net Build system utilizing NAnt, NDoc, NUint, FXCop and CruiseControl(ccnet) .
- Worked on a test - driven development environment with Confidential Team Foundation
- Built and configured a variety of virtual and physical servers utilized for test, sandbox and staging Windows applications and websites.
- Managed all aspects of various source control systems including Vault and Team Foundation Source Control
- Performed multiple daily builds for multiple software releases and code streams
- Coordinated and communicated build schedules between Development, QA, and Management
Confidentia, Franklin, MA
- Responsible for ensuring the integrity of released software into Production Systems for all Windows, Unix and Linux environments.
- Including testing, installation/implementation, monitoring and support/maintenance of related systems.
- Analyzed, designed, and implemented revised workflows and processes thru extensive Perl and Shell scripting and web automation.
- Managed application changes across all platforms.
- Drafted and implemented change management. Assist project managers to address deployment changes.
- Documented and apply production standards for all applications
Confidential, Hopkinton, MA
- Managed the multi - site release coordination with over 150 engineers for C/C++, Java based software on Windows, Solaris, AIX, HPUX and Linux
- Maintained and enhanced a build/release system that allows for both the internal and external release of new and upgraded software
- Including planning, execution, and validation of builds for patches, hotfixes and full release packages.
- Configured and executed nightly automated builds including automatic monitoring and notification of build and test failures.
- Provided on going Clearcase support and configuration specifications
- Managed an overall build release branch framework, including the creation of sub (feature) branches. Performed code merges into the release branch.
- Provided information based on check-in logs to feature branch managers