- DevOps Engineer over 7 years of experience in DevOps Engineering, automation, building Configuration Management , Build and Release Management, System Administration, and Quality Assurance and configuring changes across various environment which include DEV/SIT/UAT/Staging Production/DR Extensive experience in wide variety of adaptable DevOps technologies and the tools including SCM.
- Strong working knowledge on the principles of Software Configuration Management ( SCM ) for tracking, controlling changes in Software in the SDLC methodologies like Agile, scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Extensive experience includes SCM, Change/Incident Management, VMware, and AWS Cloud computing.
- Strong experience in setting up the enterprise infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) like Auto Scaling, CloudFormation, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, DynamoDB, EBS, EC2, ELB, IAM, Redshift, RDS, S3, VPC, Route 53, CloudFront, security group and AWS lambda .
- Strong proficiency in supporting Cloud environments like AWS, Azure, OpenStack, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS tools.
- Experience on working with VMware Workstation, Virtual Box, and Oracle Virtual Machine.
- Hands on experience and administrating Continuous Integration (CI) tools like Jenkins.
- Proficiency in setting up Security and Identity across the Azure through Active Directory (AD) including Key Vault, AD B2C and security center.
- Extensive experience in scripting languages including Shell Scripting and Ruby Scripting.
- Proficient in DevOps culture through CI/CD tools like Repos, Jenkins, CruiseControl, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, Hudson, AnthillPro, Travis, Bamboo, Gitlab, BuildBot, UrbanCode, TeamCity, Maven and configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Vagrant and salt stack.
- Hands on experience with created several Manifests, Playbooks, and Cookbooks to automate infrastructure maintenance & configuration.
- Expert in TCP/IP implementation (sub netting, VLSM, Network design).
- Proficient in setting up and configuring Baselines, Branching, Merging, Backup through GIT and Subversion .
- Experience in working on source controller tools like GIT , GitHub , Subversion (SVN), CVS, IBM Clear case, TFS Microsoft Visual Studio and Perforce.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration and Delivery Pipeline with Docker .
- Good testing experience with Testing tools like Selenium, Cucumber, TestNG, JUnit, JMeter, QUnit, Karma, Jasmine, SonarQube and integrating Unit Tests and Code Quality Analysis Tools like Cobertura, Clover, PMD, Findbugs and Checkstyle.
- Extensively worked on Hudson , Bamboo and Jenkins for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Strong knowledge of DNS, DHCP and IP Addressing, Installation and configuration of various services like DNS, DHCP, NFS, Send mail, Apache Web Server, Samba, SSH, HTTP, RPM package management and Experience in administering Active Directory and group policies.
- Experience with Oracle and MS SQL Server DB Tasks (DML, DDL Executions, Log Rotations, Table space alterations, user management etc).
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity. Involved in writing Python, Perl and shell scripts for compilation and deployment process.
- Created the naming strategy for branches and labels and implemented continuous integration system with GIT version control repository.
- Proficient with Vagrant , Docker, Kubernetes based cluster container and virtualization deployments to create shelf environments for dev teams, containerization/Virtualization of environment delivery for releases using virtualization tools like VMware, VirtualBox, Docker - Container, Hyper-V, Rackspace and Openstack cloud.
- Experience writing XML, ANT scripts, shell scripts, Perl scripts, Java scripts, Python, Ruby, Chef Puppet, Vagrant , Kitchen scripts to automate the deployments.
- Expertise in package management using Red Hat RPM, YUM used in several Linux distributions such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprises and Fedora .
- Exposed to all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle ( SDLC ) and In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management in Agile, waterfall methodologies.
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, Solaris, Ubuntu, RHEL, Centos
Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services (IAM, S3, EC2, VPC, ELB, Route53, RDS, Auto Scaling, Cloud Front), Google cloud platform (GCP), Jenkins, GIT, CHEF, CONSUL, Docker, OpenStack, Azure, PCF and Rack Space
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Saltstack
CI /CD Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, Hudson, Octopus, VSTS
Build Tools: Maven, ANT, Gradle
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenShift
Version Control Tools: GIT, Bitbucket, SVN
Logging & Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, ELK, Datadog, Prometheus, New Relic, Dynatrace, Ganglia
Scripting & Programming Languages: Python, Bash/Shell, PowerShell, Ruby, Java, .Net, APEX
Databases: Oracle, DB2, MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra)
Application/Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, NGINX, JBoss4.1, WebSphere, 9.x/10.x, Weblogic
Devops/Build & Release Engineering: Jenkins, Perforce, Docker, Udeploy AWS, Chef, puppet, Ant, Vagrant, Atlassian-Jira, GitHub, Bit Bucket, Teamcity, Ansible, OpenStack and Salt Stack, Splunk, Zabbix, Nexus, Nginx
Oracle VirtualBox, Vagrant, VMware vSphere, Hyper: V
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, Remedy, HP Quality Center, IBM Clear Quest, Mingle
Networking: LDAP, DNS, FTP, DHCP, SSH, TCP/IP, NFS
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Working as a DevOps engineer for automating the build, configuration, deployment and testing of enterprise level software applications on premise and on cloud.
- Worked with AWS CodePipeline and creating CloudFormation JSON templates to create custom VPC. Migrated a production infrastructure into AWS utilizing CodeDeploy, CodeCommit, OpsWorks. Knowledge of Amazon ECS Clusters and able to manage containers in it.
- Utilized AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission-critical production servers as backups. Deployed Elasticsearch with 10 nodes cluster in AWS environment for client applications.
- Created Python scripts to automate AWS Services which includes ELB, Cloud front, Lambda, database.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments. Defined Terraform modules such as Compute, Network, Operations, and Users to reuse in different environments.
- Experienced in setting up MongoDB, MySQL, SQL, Aurora on AWS.
- Configure and Manage EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, S3 Buckets, VPC, Security Groups, ELB, Auto scaling, ElasticCache, Glacier, SNS, SQS, SES, CloudWatch, ECS, CloudTrail, CloudFormation. security and application configuration also Developed them to take backup of EBS volumes using AWS Lambda, CloudWatch.
- Worked with AWS Cloud Formation Templates, terraform along with Ansible to render templates and Murano with Heat Orchestration templates in OpenStack Environment.
- Analyzed various distributed file systems suitable for a cloud storage using a storage benchmark. Tested a private storage cloud using OpenStack SWIFT software and worked as well with OpenStack Multi-node installation, Configuration and Administration.
- Working on CI/CD pipeline to deploy code to ROC agent using Bit bucket .
- Written Chef Cookbooks , recipes using Ruby to automate the installation of Middleware Infrastructure like Apache Tomcat , JDK , and configuration tasks for new environments.
- Created, expanded, and configured automation in Maven to automatically build, package, and deploy Java applications to multiple development and testing environments
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process
- Followed Spring MVC pattern and used View Resolver to map web pages.
- Setup, Configuration, Monitoring and Support of PostgreSQL Powa and pact tools.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python . Run Ansible Scripts to provision Development servers.
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed, configured Kubernetes . Deploying cluster on AWS with Jenkins, Docker pipeline implementation.
- Created several pods using Master and Minion architecture of Kubernetes and developed microservice on boarding tools leveraging Python allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services.
- Deployed Kubernetes clusters on top of Amazon EC2 instances using KOPS and managed local deployments in Kubernetes creating local clusters and deploying application containers.
- Used Ansible to Setup/ teardown of ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Log stash , Kibana) and troubleshoot the build issues with ELK and work towards the solution. Used Ansible playbooks for provisioning instances on Open stack.
- Worked with Jenkins under the CI/CD pipeline providing continuous improvement to Agile software development teams. Configured Jenkins and integrated it with Chef to schedule jobs on all the bootstrapped nodes.
- Replaced Splunk logging and analytics with an automated ELK cluster, increasing data capture capacity and reducing costs. System log and Cloud Trail collection using Splunk including Splunk installation, collector configuration and multi indexer setup on Production Environment.
- Configured POM file to manage Maven plugins such as Maven build plugins and Maven Reporting plugins and resolve Maven dependencies required for the project.
- Integrated GIT with Jenkins using the GitHub plugin to automate the process of source code check-out by providing the URL and credentials of the GIT repository.
- Installed configured and Administrated of all LINUX servers on Amazon Web Services (AWS), includes the design and selection of relevant hardware to Support the installation/upgrades of Red Hat , CentOS operating systems.
Environment: AWS, OpenStack, Terraform, Docker, Chef, Ansible,Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Maven, Nagios, ELK, Java, Spring MVC, Scala, SonarQube, Shell, Bash, Python, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Data Dog, Splunk, PagerDuty, WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat, Nginx, Linux, RHEL.
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
- Created Azure Automation Assets , Graphical Runbooks , PowerShell runbooks that will automate specific tasks, deployed Azure AD Connect , configuring ADFS authentication flow , ADFS installation using Azure AD Connect .
- Setup Azure Virtual Appliances (VMs) to meet security requirements as software based appliance functions.
- Implemented high availability with Azure Classic and Azure Resource Manager (ARM) deployment models, Worked on Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD) pipeline for Azure Cloud Services using CHEF.
- Managing Azure infrastructure and automation with CLI and API and worked on Inbound and Outbound services with automation CHEF and deployed multiple resources simultaneously, using CloudFormation templates in Azure.
- Worked on NoSQL database MongoDB to replica setup and sharing. Also experienced in managing replica set.
- Create and maintain fully automated CI/CD pipelines for code deployment using Octopus Deploy and PowerShell .
- Key Involvement in planning, developing and assisting the migration of client's on-premise infrastructure to Microsoft Cloud (Azure) . Design and implement hybrid on premise and cloud migration and management strategy for the new hybrid cloud solution in single and multiple site data centers.
- Deployed Azure IaaS (VM’s) and PaaS role instances (Cloud services) into secure VNets with Azure Internal Load Balancers , subnets and created several SQL scripts as part of bug fixes.
- Manage deployment pipeline using TeamCity, VSTS and Octopus Deploy tools
- Worked on Operations Management Suite (OMS) to validate Windows updates, Azure Solutions, Service Health, Application Insights and availability sets, fault and update domains.
- Worked on deploying the .Net applications to Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and troubleshooting deployment issues with development teams, implemented Octopus Deploy facilitate automated deployment to production.
- Implemented Micro-services using Private Cloud foundry platform build upon Spring Boot Services.
- Converted existing terraform modules, had version conflicts to utilize cloud formation in terraform deployments.
- Building and Installing servers through Azure Resource Manager Templates (ARM) and Azure Portal.
- Implemented high availability with both Azure Classic and ARM deployment models .
- Configure continuous integration from source control, setting up build definition within Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) .
- Configured Ansible control machine , Ansible Playbooks (written in YAML language), roles and modules.
- Worked on many different concepts of Chef like Roles, Environments, Data Bags, Knife, and Chef Server Admin/Organizations . Written Chef Recipes to automate deployment process and data bags in Chef for better environment management and test kitchen to validate cookbooks.
- Worked on Docker, OpenShift to manage microservices for development and point team player on OpenShift for creating new Projects, Services for load balancing and adding them to Routes to be accessible from outside.
- Created pods and services using Master and Minion architecture of Kubernetes and developed microservice on boarding tools, leveraging Python allowing for creation and maintenance build jobs and Kubernetes deploy services.
- Extensively used Kubernetes charts using Helm and created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Responsible for installing and administrating the SonarQube for code quality check and Nexus repository and generating reports for different projects. Also, integrated them with Jenkins.
- With the help of Hashicorp Vault encrypted and decrypted data without storing it and Implemented Table Level Logical replication in PostgreSQL
- Managed an Elasticsearch Logstash and Kibana (ELK ) cluster. Wrote software in python and ruby to automate various system administrator tasks.
- Managed large amount of structured, semi-structured and partitioned data among all nodes in cluster using Cassandra.
- Configured commercial SSL s for Applications Servers such as WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat using NGINX and Apache web servers to terminate SSL endpoint.
- Installed Dynatrace in production for application monitoring, used pure paths to identify slow performing modules and configured Dynatrace for generating custom reports, dashboards and email alerts.
- Extensively worked with PowerShell to automate SQL tasks, environment management related tasks and procedures on Windows machines.
Environment: Azure, PCF, Office 365, Data lake, Xamarin, Terraform, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Nagios, ELK, Redis, Docker, Dynatrace, Kubernetes, Octopus, VSTS, SonarQube, Hashi corp, Nexus, Git, Bash, PoSQL, Python, PowerShell, Nginx, HTTP web server, Jira, Dynatrace, RHEL, Cassandra, Windows.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments and Worked in Agile Project management Process.
- Design, investigation and implementation of public facing websites on Amazon Web Services ( AWS ).
- Using Jenkins Amazon Web Services ( AWS ) Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS and Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Worked with AWS Cloud management and Chef Automation and Implemented AWS solutions using EC2 , S3, RDS, Elastic Load Balancer and Auto scaling groups.
- Created and managed S3 buckets for the CloudWatch logging, Artifactory repository and for the Static Webhosting. Generated SSL s and installed into the Tomcat servers for the secured HTTPS protocol.
- Provisioned the highly available EC2 Instances using Terraform and wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform .
- Performed the automation deployments using AWS by creating the IAM roles and policies and used the code Pipeline plugin to integrate Jenkins with AWS and created the EC2 instances to provide the virtual servers.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes , wrote Recipes, and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server and managed AWS for EC2, S3 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks .
- Application deployment and data migration on AWS . Design applications on AWS taking advantage of disaster recovery design guidelines.
- Built a CI pipeline using Bitbucket, Artifactory, Cloudbees, Jenkins and Ansible for VM provisioning.
- Had done POC on implementation of continuous deployment pipeline with Jenkins and Jenkins workflow on Kubernetes . Used BOTO and Fabric for launching and deploying instances in AWS.
- Written Lambda functions using python , used lambda functions to automate aws infrastructure.
- Designed AWS CloudFormation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Configured PCF components OAuth2 server and login server, Cloud Controller, nsync, BBS, Cell Rep, Blobstore , Diego Cell.
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured.
- Integration of Maven , Nexus, Urban code Deploy with Pattern Release, Confluence, Jira and Linux.
- Created a micro-service environment on the cloud by deploying services as docker containers .
- Involved into customizing Splunk dashboards , visualizations, configurations , reports and search capabilities using customized Splunk queries .
- Created and maintained the Shell and Perl deployment scripts for Web Logic and web application servers.
- Creating Python based microservices and refactoring /enhancing exiting services.
- Wrote python scripts to parse XML and JSON reports and load the information in database.
- Used RPMs to install, update, verify, query and erase packages from Linux Servers.
- Worked with several Java development teams to identify and meet their needs for automation and branching strategies. This often-involved analyzing portions of their code and suggesting changes for standardization.
Environment: AWS, Chef, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins, Python, Linux, DHCP,LDAP, GitHub, Shell, Bash, groovy, RHEL, Apache, Solaris, Docker, PCF, Splunk, ELK, Cloud Watch, JSON, Jfrog, Ngnix, Bamboo, IIS, Linux, RHEL, CentOS, VMWare vSphere, Jira.
- Developed build and deployment Scripts using ANT and GRADLE as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Involved in migrating Physical Linux servers and applications to cloud (AWS).
- Configured CloudWatch events to trigger Lambda functions, Auto Scaling groups and created SNS notifications using S3 events for object loss notifications.
- Automated provisioning of infrastructure for our environments building AWS CloudFormation stacks from the resources VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, IAM, EBS, Route53, SNS, SES, SQS, CloudWatch, Security Group, Auto Scaling.
- Worked on setting up the life cycle policies to back the data from AWS S3 to AWS Glacier, Worked with various AWS, EC2 and S3 CLI tools.
- Worked on Docker to create images and containerize the application build, by writing Dockerfile and Docker-compose YAML files.
- Performed host security on servers and hardening to change sshd config file to disable remote root access and written shell scripts to run batch jobs using cron.
- Wrote Lambda functions in python for AWS Lambda and invoked python scripts for data transformations and analytics on large data sets in EMR clusters and AWS Kinesis data streams.
- Automated the process of backing up data in EBS and instance store to S3 buckets. Created backup of AMI for mission critical productions servers from AWS CLI and used AWS Data pipeline to configure data loads from S3 to Redshift.
- Created Ansible roles in YAML and defined tasks, variables, files, handlers and templates. Created inventory and configured the Ansible files for parallel deployment in Ansible for automating the Continuous delivery process.
- Created Chef coding best practices for existing development team. Refactor existing Opscode Chef Automation code. Test Chef Cookbook modifications on cloud instances in AWS and using Test Kitchen and Chef Spec.
- Installed and configured a private Docker Registry, authored Docker files to run apps in containerized environments and used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance and manage Docker containers with multiple namespace ids.
- Developed scripts using BASH and BATCH files for Automation of Activities and builds. Automated the installation of Kubernetes single node environment on a Jenkins slave node using Kubeadm setup scripts. Implemented a Continuous Delivery (CD) pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's.
- Implemented a load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto scaling Kubernetes AWS microservices container, developed networking policies for Docker Containers, created Pods and deployed to Kubernetes.
- Working closely with Web Administrators to setup an automated deployment for SharePoint applications using SVN and GIT Tools.
- Built Jenkins pipeline to drive all microservices builds to Docker registry and deploy to Kubernetes. Created Jenkins jobs to create AWS Infrastructure from GitHub repositories containing Ansible playbooks.
- Installed and configured Oracle Web Logic, JBoss in Redhat Enterprise 6.x, 5.x, CentOS 5.x and Ubuntu environments and supported Apache, Tomcat and generated SSL keys to renew SSL s on webservers.
Environment: AWS, OpenStack, CloudFormation, Chef, Terraform, Redhat Linux 6.x,7.x, CentOS 5.x,6.x, 7, TFS, EMR, Java, Docker, Kubernetes, Selenium, SonarQube, Jenkins, Ansible, Bash, Python, GIT, Maven, Nagios XI, ELK, SSL, Apache HTTP server, Tomcat, Apache JMeter, JIRA, TLS.
Build and Release Engineer
- Created plans and ensured Release management deliverables are met on time, risks are appropriately mitigated and code implementation status is communicated regularly to Application Manager.
- Designed the environment with options of automations to build to reduce the risk of manual error and time consumption during release.
- Responsible for pre migrations, migration and post migration activities with check points and deployment of artifacts for test and production environment.
- Configured and setup activities of both environmental and functional and Collected data for preparing monthly metrics of the migrated codes, monthly internal and yearly external audits.
- Involved in designing/automating proof of concept projects and version control tool migrations.
- Implemented a mirror for SVN repository, which enables users to use both SVN and GIT.
- Created and owned, Build and Continuous Integration environment with Maven, Visual Studio and Jenkins.
- Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
- Configured Nightly Builds using SCM polling option to ensure an updated version of artifactory generated in NEXUS.
- Administered and integrated the Version Control Systems like Subversion and GIT with Jenkins.
- Developing automated process for builds and deployments using Jenkins, Maven, Sonatype Nexus, Shell, Python and Java.
- Involved in migration activities using Red Hat LVM, Solaris LVM and Involved in Research of the project application architecture to support/resolve build, compile, and test issues/problems.
- Used Chef for managing server application server such as Apache, MySQL.
- Involved in release planning and executed the release build request from the project team through JIRA Ticket.
- Worked closely with development teams and architects to debug software and system problems and resolve the issues.
Environment: GIT, Maven, JIRA, Tomcat, UNIX, Jenkins, Maven, Red Hat LVM, Solaris LVM, ANT, MySQL, Apache, SVN.
- As a Linux/Unix system maintained the various servers and Attended team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress, and for upcoming changes in environment.
- Administering local and remote servers on daily basis, troubleshooting and correcting errors.
- Experienced with networking using TCP/IP and resolving network connectivity using tools like dig, nslookup, ping.
- Monitoring of web servers and other services using Nagios monitoring tool.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache Tomcat server , mail servers , and Oracle , MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Troubleshooting Backup and Restore Problems Creation of LVMs on SAN using Linux utilities and Linux network, security-related issues, capturing packets using tools such as IP tables, firewall , and TCP wrapper and NMAP .
- File system Tuning and growing using VERITAS File System (VxFS), coordinated with SAN Team for storage allocation and Disk Dynamic Multipath. Managed HP-UX , Compaq and Linux workstations , and servers.
- Remote system administration using tools like SSH, Telnet, and Rlogin .
- Installed and configured monitoring tools Nagios for monitoring the network bandwidth and hard drive status.
- Installation and administration of RHEL 4.0 and Configured kickstart server and updating patches to the servers using Red Hat Satellite server. Tune the Servers and configuring networks for optimum performance.
- Management of user accounts, files and directory permissions, and securing UNIX systems to match industry best practices, such as System start-up/shutdown , and Backup strategy and scheduled cron jobs for job automation.
- Configured VG’s and LV’s , extended logical volumes for file system growth needs using (LVM) commands.
- Used Multi-Chassis Link Aggregation to allows two switches to act like a single switch to allow LACP over separate switches for redundancy.
- Administered various Red Hat Linux Distributions with use of Kickstart to monitor, scale, plan capacity of Servers.
- Kernel tuning, Writing Shell scripts for system maintenance and file management.
Environment: RHEL 5/6, Samba, Linux VM, Arista CLI, Solaris 9/10, shell, WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x, MySQL, Oracle, Apache, VMware, Nagios, Samba Server, Shell, Perl, MLAG, LACP